Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:45:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach someone about Bitcoin  (Read 58719 times)
arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 812

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 05:24:16 AM

Faucet is a good start. Even if it just have low free satoshis it is still free. Bitcoin price is so high now so those low free satoshis are worth it. She will still feel some money moving. Better than dollar ptc.
Sorry, but no. Faucet is not a good start. I tried this method some time ago when faucets were paying even more than now.
At first my friend was very happy, but then he kept asking about how much exactly he is earning with this method.
When I  told him he can check it with preev.com he said that this level of payment is bullshit. And it is waste of time to try to earn from Bitcoin faucets.

Faucet is no good idea to start with bitcoin it can get them bored and quit using bitcoin just what like happen to me in my newbie days i as first introduce at some of faucet sites and get bored and find its hard to earn bitcoin then i quit coz i really find it for not worth to stay with, and when i came back i try different ways like joining sig campaigns and do some micro works here in forum and outside the furom by this i earn btc fairly we can teach this to people on how to earn bitcoins online,

And another way to teach them is to show where did you get your bitcoins what is your own way to farm and teach him also the ups and downs so they can avoid to be scam and be aware not to lose their hard earned btc and lastly youtube and google is very helpfull  to know about more with bitcoins.

DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:36:07 AM

I think it's better to explain to your friends everything they would like to know about Bitcoin and show them how Bitcoin transactions work and how to use their Bitcoin wallets of choice rather than telling them they could earn money off the Internet by wasting their time on Bitcoin faucets. Bitcoin can be used for a lot of useful things like sending money to family overseas with very low fees or using as a digital currency or a store of value. It would be a good idea to show them videos on how to use Bitcoin properly and better yet, run them through the steps yourself so they will have a better grasp of Bitcoin and what they could do with it.

marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:43:15 AM

As the title say, what is the proper way to teach someone about what is Bitcoin?

The proper way is just introduce it to them. And let them ask what they want to know about it. Then answer it. If they want to know they always ask. Last year i said it to my cousin and i teach him how to earn and he didnt try to earn and nothing happen until now. He know that im earming here and i can buy what i want but he just ignore it. My point is teach the others people that know how to use it in good ways not others that just ignore it. If they want my friend to teach him i just need two requirements use it in good and dont stop learning about it.
jak1

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 04:43:28 PM

Faucet is a good start. Even if it just have low free satoshis it is still free. Bitcoin price is so high now so those low free satoshis are worth it. She will still feel some money moving. Better than dollar ptc.
Sorry, but no. Faucet is not a good start. I tried this method some time ago when faucets were paying even more than now.
At first my friend was very happy, but then he kept asking about how much exactly he is earning with this method.
When I  told him he can check it with preev.com he said that this level of payment is bullshit. And it is waste of time to try to earn from Bitcoin faucets.

A faucet user can't earn enough money with only claiming faucets, but if he is good in strategy  and know how to make referrals, he can make some good profit with faucets also. for this purpose you can make a faucet rotator and promote it over the web, lots of people earning very good money with faucet referrals.
and another way to earn money with faucet is to be a faucet owner, not a user, if you have your own faucet and have good ads and monetization tools then you'll earn solid income.
dotajhay

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:08:36 AM

A faucet user can't earn enough money with only claiming faucets, but if he is good in strategy  and know how to make referrals, he can make some good profit with faucets also. for this purpose you can make a faucet rotator and promote it over the web, lots of people earning very good money with faucet referrals.
and another way to earn money with faucet is to be a faucet owner, not a user, if you have your own faucet and have good ads and monetization tools then you'll earn solid income.
maybe he do his own rotator if he want to make bitcoins in just faucet , he can't earn big btc in just faucet website , try to refer people so you have a extra income.

sk00t3r

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:16:32 AM

set up a bitcoin wallet for them, preferably an easy one not something like bitcoin core. i think options like Coinbase is good for start from zero knowledge about bitcoin, or an SPV wallet like Electrum.

then either teach them how to buy bitcoin or give them some to teach how receiving works and they can send to learn the sending part also.

only if the person is interested in technical stuff i would explain things like how mining work, and things like that.

also some speculation about the price never hurts.

good I will teach someone about bitcoin what is the bitcoin and how can you will work with bitcoin then how can you will earn some money for life with bitcoin and I will tell everything with somone person my all about knowleage
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 08:42:22 AM

What I'm trying to do now is to introduce my wife slowly into the concept of earning bitcoin. That's the most effective way I could find in making her know how bitcoin works. I have recently told her about faucets and she is slowly starting to appreciate those little things. I will then let her know about bitcointalk so she could familiarize herself with what's going on in the bitcoin community. If she eventually participates in signature campaign, I hope she gets to read this and see how much she has learned about bitcoin.

yeah agree with you High prices are always profitable. You can earn big money by simply working on the faucet? probably every day you can get a 0.003 btc from faucet? it was worth with $1.5? I'm sure a lot of newbie interested in it. you can tell them to work on the faucet. This job is very easy

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 09:01:15 AM

For us faucet payouts are an absolute waste of time, but for people living in a third world country the extra few bucks that they can earn weekly by farming faucets is a more than welcome extra bit of money.
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 09:22:52 AM

For us faucet payouts are an absolute waste of time, but for people living in a third world country the extra few bucks that they can earn weekly by farming faucets is a more than welcome extra bit of money.

For a newbie who don't know anything about bitcoin faucets can be a good way to start and get knowledge about bitcoin. it can't give you lots of money but it may help you to get some basic knowledge how to bitcoin and blockchain works, and you'll also know the price of bitcoin with it.
I've started my btc journey with faucets, and learnt so much from them. but didn't earn much from them.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 09:28:07 AM

Tell them  what is bitcoin and what are the benefits that we can get from using bitcoin, example we can earn free bitcoin from faucet and exchange it for a real money and we can also make a lot of profit from buying bitcoin for a low price and selling to after halving for a higher or double of the price.

That's all are good but most of the cryptocurrencies are here, and that all are same benefits, but we should convince them to tell the different between the bitcoins and the others, also teach the people to tell them that Bitcoin is a future currency and bitcoin has a lot of qualities than others like wallet free, and bank transfer free and halving is big event that give it opportunity to their people get the double profit from it.    
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 09:28:40 AM

You should definitely start by telling them about how it works and why they should get involved in it. Explain to them in detail why this thing is worthwhile, instead of a waste of time.

Also, send them some bitcoins for them to experiment with. That’s probably one of the most effective way to promote bitcoin.
jak1

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:21:22 AM

You should definitely start by telling them about how it works and why they should get involved in it. Explain to them in detail why this thing is worthwhile, instead of a waste of time.

Also, send them some bitcoins for them to experiment with. That’s probably one of the most effective way to promote bitcoin.
that's right. giving someone little amount of btc as investment is the best way to get attraction of people to bitcoin. with this method you can also be in profit. just give him some investment and guide him how to use them and earn them. with this he can also share the profit with you.
Kate007

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:33:02 PM

Maybe some videos? I guess the best way to know about something is visual one
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:37:43 PM

Maybe some videos? I guess the best way to know about something is visual one

Not at all. Showing someone a video about Bitcoin is the laziest way to teach someone IMO. In a school, when a teacher just plays a video and then walk out of the room, do you think you'd learn something? Of course not. The student would have a lot of questions if the teachers just showed a video.

After being in school for more than a decade, I've come to a realization that to make somebody learn something, you have to make him involved. By simply telling him something, he might somehow remember it. But if you involve him, surely he would eventually be able to do it by himself.

The same thing in Bitcoins, while you are doing your Bitcoin things, do it with him. Show him at first what you're actually doing and then in the next day, make him do what you did. With some guidance, he should learn little by little what you're doing in the bitcoin world. Most of us just do signature campaigns though. Faucets, trading, and gambling are just other things that you should teach your student.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

simplelife888

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:47:37 PM

i think there are so many way to teach bitcoin to someone but i think firstly we have to learn what is bitcoin and why we are using bitcoin and what can we do with bitcoins ? we have to tell thoose  questions answers and we can use for this videos with youtube and local advertisement and we can elect some people in every areas we can create clubs....
ning_chang

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:08:26 PM

As the title say, what is the proper way to teach someone about what is Bitcoin?
Let him see what you are doing in your wallet. Guide him first, Tell him to read about bitcoins. Or tell him you techniques in earning bitcoin
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:19:02 PM

That's an incredibly hard question to answer.
I would probably just show them the fundamental videos about BitCoin that try to explain it very simply without all the techy stuff.
I think it would be easier if they were interested about the internet business or online business. of course they would be interested in very easily with bitcoin. you just need to tell them that they can get a lot of profit in bitcoin. I'm sure he would be interested in bitcoin and they will find out about bitcoin Cheesy
Piltover

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:12:33 PM

Let him see what you are doing in your wallet. Guide him first, Tell him to read about bitcoins. Or tell him you techniques in earning bitcoin
To teach someone about Bitcoin is that you have to let it know what it is so promoting is really important otherwise they will not even know what it is so that is bad.
But of course it can be really nice if there will be more people that is going to use Bitcoin and that is nice.
Cromvel

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:14:52 PM

Give them a link to this forum. I think anyone who has an interest in Bitcoins can learn practically everything out here.
maudevang

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:46:58 PM

Teaching someone about Bitcoin is something that I have never done but I am willing to try it. The best thing you can do what I can think of is that you let the person look while you are doing your thing on Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: