Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:50:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People Are Just Too Stupid to Use Bitcoin Right Now  (Read 13391 times)
Zaun

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Forza Roma

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 07:46:53 PM

i kinda agree with this. if you ask people; what exactly is bitcoin? some of them answer with; i bought it because it will grow in the future and i will make a lot profit. if you ask them the same question again, but then more serious, they will admit that they don't know what it is. there are plenty of easy to understand 'how bitcoin works' and 'what is bitcoin' videos on youtube. just a simple search will be enough to find them.

Its true but in fact I think more than 20% do not even know how the bitcoin started and why it has been started.
I think if we could educate new people remotely and force them to know what the bitcoin is and why it is a currency and why its good, and not just for the halving it would be much better.

I even think the community will get a boost from this.
Piltover

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 07:58:16 PM

I consider this as a real problem but I think its not laying at the people honestly I think its also our own problem that we made, due to the fact we attracted friends/family but never really explained it good too them and I think we can because of that blame ourselves for it.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:58:40 PM

Some people are too stupid to use bitcoin, sure. But not all. Some are just too lazy to take the time to figure out what it is, how to acquire it and how to use it.

I think there are others who feel like they've missed out on getting into bitcoin because they feel the price has gone to the heights it has and for whatever reason, they think that they can't afford to buy any significant amount now.

And then there are others that don't trust the idea or concept of bitcoin. But then again, I guess that would fall under "too stupid to use bitcoin right now."
isildur1

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFZEGJo43fObLP1GV

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:53:27 PM

Stupidity is only one factor... you have to add laziness into that too. The researchers and smart people determined that the average person in most developed countries, have

experienced a shorter attention span. {Some say, 20 minutes at most} This is because of too many external influences and also because people are bombarded by too much

information. {TV / Cellphones / Internet .... } They even adjusted the intervals for advertisements within TV programs to accommodate for that. So people are over stimulated

and this leads to a shorter attention span. If you want to explain Bitcoin to someone, you have to take that into consideration and have short breaks... We are now doing this

in our meetups, with great success. {Beer/smoke Breaks every 20 minutes}  Grin
This is true, this is a generation of people really unwilling to learn anything. But mainly due to the fact that their brain cant handle the stress of all the information it constantly receives.

Check out my Stand up Comedy Channel: https://youtu.be/M4HIyiDJFI8
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 10:25:04 PM

But mainly due to the fact that their brain cant handle the stress of all the information it constantly receives.
I say that this is false. It is mainly due to the fact that being ignorant and lazy is easier.

And then there are others that don't trust the idea or concept of bitcoin. But then again, I guess that would fall under "too stupid to use bitcoin right now."
Correct. Bitcoin has proven itself to be working and currently unbreakable. Trusting the math behind it right now is no different than trusting that 2+2 = 4 (if one could phrase it this way). Besides, even if you'd explain the math to people, I'm certain that less than 1% would understand it.

now  technology already advanced here bitcoin took the role to facilitate people to make a good deal to buy an item or send money more quickly than using a bank
Your post does not make sense. How about punctuations?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Akupuniard

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 10:26:08 PM

People are not stupid, they are scared of smth new to try. When i heard about bitcoin first time on my head was things like "lame, don't work, etc."

knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:02:00 AM

I believe those who are investing now can get a good reward after the readjustment that bitcoin will get till end the year soo its the moment to invest is now.
isildur1

Activity: 89

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFZEGJo43fObLP1GV

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:17:27 AM

People are not stupid, they are scared of smth new to try. When i heard about bitcoin first time on my head was things like "lame, don't work, etc."
people dont like doing new things and are easily maniupalted by the media in the actions that they take. People are unwilling to learn new knowledge by themselves and would rather be led to beleive false fake info.

Check out my Stand up Comedy Channel: https://youtu.be/M4HIyiDJFI8
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:34:54 AM

Guys you have to admit that it is not really easy to buy BTC. After that you have to store your BTC's in a wallet and this isn't easy neither.

actually both of the things that you mentioned are super easy.
buying bitcoin is so easy these days with services like coinbase, circle, localbitcoins to buy locally, all these exchangers.

also storing bitcoin is easy, you don't need any bank or paperwork, you can just download one of the bitcoin wallets that suites your needs and store them easily in the smallest of spaces.
i don't know what part of storing bitcoin in a wallet is hard for you?

I think maybe he was talking about the fact that it is hard to understand what is the right way to buy and store bitcoins.  It can be confusing even when looking at all the different possible wallets and exchange sites that you could possibly end up using. 

Just know that when using bitcoin wallets and that sort of thing, you want to be in control of your private keys.  There will be certain web wallets that want you to sign in with an email or something of the sort and then you can access your wallet.  That's pretty sketchy, and if anything happens to the website (i.e. Xapo, Circle, Coinbase, etc. etc.) then your bitcoins go down with the site.  There are plenty of "good" wallets that allow you to control your private keys directly (i.e. breadwallet, mycellium, etc. etc.) and you can have them on your phone... then there are things you can do to go "tinfoil hat" secure by doing offline wallets and that sort of thing.  Point just being, that you want to control your private keys... usually if that's the case and either remember the key (or pneumonic seed) or just write it down somewhere, then you'll be fine.

As for exchanges... there are also a lot of options, and can be used with what you prefer to deal with.  If you're looking for super convenient... then coinbase or circle could be where you want to go (if you're located in the US).  If you want some anonymity, you can buy from other people directly through localbitcoins.  Also you might be lucky and find a Bitcoin ATM around you if you are located in a pretty big city.

Just research it for a little while and you'll find what things are best suited for you.

Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1105

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:39:11 AM

yeah they are not stupid, as you said people are afraid to invest in riskier things. if someone goes for trading without good experience there may be a chance to lose their money, this is true for gambling and some ponzi games.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
AsaroUk

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 08:47:29 AM

It is not that stupid to use Bitcoin now around this time, because you can see that the value is now stable so it is not that bad but you have to wait indeed a long time for a price increase.
But the most people dont have the patience for it and than they will sell it too early.
Sugarape

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:02:15 AM

It is not that stupid to use Bitcoin now around this time,

That's not the point of this thread whether bitcoin is stupid. It's that people are too stupid. I disagree. The biggest issue with the masses is bitcoin doesn't really offer them anything so why use it? Sure we could argue it's a good investment and there's money to be made but for those who bought in at 1000 dollars are still in a massive loss so it's not a risk free investment.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:28:53 AM

"People are just too stupid to use bitcoin right now,” I overheard someone argue at a bar a few weeks ago as we were discussing the potential of cryptocurrency. “Society’s understanding of where money comes from is the real challenge.

This is the whole article I read at cointelegraph
i think its make sense,nowdays are not too good and easy to use bitcoin,its have so many problem there,people and device problem is the main problem. and i not wonder if people on bar not care about crypto currency,they wont care about anything you talk about Grin
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 10:02:36 AM

Everyone has his own opinions, but i don't think that people are stupid to use the bitcoins. its all depending the people.

I also believe that people use Bitcoin in their own way. And they are free to do so as Bitcoin offers people the freedom to use it the way they want. Some people are only interested in earning as many coins as possible to have a nice bonus on top of their normal income. For this they don't have to know a lot about Bitcoin regarding using Bitcoin for other purposes. It's basically the most simple form of Bitcoin usage.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 10:06:00 AM

people dont like doing new things and are easily maniupalted by the media in the actions that they take. People are unwilling to learn new knowledge by themselves and would rather be led to beleive false fake info.
I think it's reasonable when you first hear about new things. then you're going to try to protect yourself. but if you want to find out what it bitcoin. I'm sure you will be convinced with bitcoin and immediately try it.
people are so lazy to find out what it bitcoin. so they have not been able to join and use bitcoin
pinkslink

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:47:37 PM

this is why i think we need paper btc reciepts/wallets
that people can see and touch

shop would just scan and transfer funds
(checking for any pending transactions etc. to validate)
then just print off the change on fresh paper wallet

this would make it easier for many to get introduced to btc

oh
and when trying to explain to someone why they should use bitcoin
dont waste your time trying to explain what bitcoin and blockchain is
or who you think satoshi is, or even your price predictions

just show them how to buy something first (except altcoins).
then do the rest
BitsandBites

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 02:11:21 PM

Yeah I suggest you people to not use your bitcoins for gambling and other stuff. The price is now just rising slowly now so people are now looking for a opportunity to sell their coins.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:14:48 PM

for those who are already familiar with paper money using bitcoin is stupid because you can't carry bitcoin on your pocket and might be i'm stupid to because using bitcoin but indirectly bitcoin are really help me from my financial side so i don't care if somebody told to me bitcoin users is stupid
OrangeII

Activity: 2086
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:31:40 PM

for those who are already familiar with paper money using bitcoin is stupid because you can't carry bitcoin on your pocket and might be i'm stupid to because using bitcoin but indirectly bitcoin are really help me from my financial side so i don't care if somebody told to me bitcoin users is stupid
they may know that studying, but I guess they do not care about bitcoin, and they may feel that if they have a dollar everything will be fine, because most of them do not know what is bitcoin

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:33:53 PM

"People are just too stupid to use bitcoin right now,” I overheard someone argue at a bar a few weeks ago as we were discussing the potential of cryptocurrency. “Society’s understanding of where money comes from is the real challenge.

This is the whole article I read at cointelegraph

People will always be dumb sheep.

The only thing you can do is dumb down bitcoin for them, and make it easy to understand as if you were dealing with 5 year olds.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: