Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:27:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Spending Bitcoins  (Read 101027 times)
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:11:01 AM

I think spending Bitcoin isn't necessary for now because the price of Bitcoin is low, and speding it at this moment is really expensive.

I think this depends on the people to decide whether to spend it or to hold it. Bitcoin is volatility so I think it is obvious to hold it and just use it when it pumps, but there are times that are inevitable when you need to spend some of it so you can pay something like an emergency maybe in school or maybe in your family.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:27:32 AM

I think spending Bitcoin isn't necessary for now because the price of Bitcoin is low, and speding it at this moment is really expensive.

I think this depends on the people to decide whether to spend it or to hold it. Bitcoin is volatility so I think it is obvious to hold it and just use it when it pumps, but there are times that are inevitable when you need to spend some of it so you can pay something like an emergency maybe in school or maybe in your family.
Spending bitcoins depends from person to person.Some people just waste their bitcoins to enjoy life.Some people save their bitcoins for future needs.Others invest some of their bitcoins in order to earn more profits.You can trade your bitcoins too.If you have some of them you can sell at when the prices are high and you can buy some bitcoins when the prices are low.You can also spend your bitcoins for day to day transactions too.You will not need any pocketmoney if you are earning bitcoins.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:32:30 PM

Yes, for the investor, always has an amount for emergency case and help you keep your coin at low price.
Because if you need money when you can not sell your coin, just can sell at loss, do you think it is good for the journal of trader in the future?

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
ross09

Activity: 202
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:43:48 PM

There are people who spend bitcoins at stores or at gambling sites but I never do that. I only use Bitcoin to save my money and to make some extra money at the same time.

I do not know if the country I am on right now accepting bitcoin to buy things  but if so...I am not spending my money to things that is not important even if its for my basic needs...because I do not need too  I have actual  job to sustain my daily basis and needs All I am doing to my bitcoins is to make extra income to support my family and to save more money for my much more important exepenses in the near of future..( it might be for my future children or for my dream house, car or even dream actual business..) well as I have always said..I consider bitcoining as my part time job..
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:51:16 PM

To grow the adoption of bitcoin we need people spending it as a daily currency.
In my country there is not much I cant buy with bitcoins.
Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.
A bitcoin debit card can be very handy.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

Just like you, even Bitcoin was really popular worldwide, still my country men do not even recognized it and make it as a strange thing to be too risky to be engaged into. They are thinking that Bitcoin was just like made too risky for them especially if they go into investing with it. Also, it was still new into their nature and do not even understand it fully. In addition to that, since many people are still not into Bitcoin, our government do not even generate such establishments that accept direct payment in terms of using Bitcoin as a term of payment.
Intristing

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:46:59 PM

It's getting difficult to use bitcoin. I wanted to send Bitcoins from one exchange to my wallet and it costs around $20.

The transaction fee has reduced a lot recently. So you can transact bitcoin easily now. But there are many shops closed to bitcoin. So we need to do more to attract more retailers to accept bitcoin.
cherrymobile

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:51:00 PM

To grow the adoption of bitcoin we need people spending it as a daily currency.
In my country there is not much I cant buy with bitcoins.
Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.
A bitcoin debit card can be very handy.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

You can pay for flights and hotels with bitcoin, through Expedia, CheapAir and Surf Air. If your ambitions are loftier, you can pay for space travel with some of your vast holdings, through Virgin Galactic.It give a lots of benefits when you are using bitcoin this bitcoin makes our life fastest and easiest .
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:15:55 PM

For me, Spending Bitcoin is not a wise decision. I think Bitcoin should be kept for the future purpose. I believe that Bitcoin will get a great price value in the future. so that saving Bitcoin would be a good idea rather than spending Bitcoin.
But if you want to spend Bitcoin then you will get a lot of platform for spending like airways, foods, restaurants and so on.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:26:54 PM

Spending bitcoin is good as long as you know how to manage your money and bitcoin in a balance way but if you are just spending bitcoin without even thinking for the possible things that might happen then i don't think that is a good thing to tolerate and one thing for sure, you should be financially educated so you can avoid unnecessary spending.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:42:12 PM

It's getting difficult to use bitcoin. I wanted to send Bitcoins from one exchange to my wallet and it costs around $20.

I have also a chunk of bitcoin in major exchange bug i just leave it there because of the high transaction that may cost me half of my btc's value if i cash it out. Instead of spending it, i just keep it there with hopes that the days of low transaction fee will come back again.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:59:19 PM

The transaction fee has reduced a lot recently. So you can transact bitcoin easily now. But there are many shops closed to bitcoin. So we need to do more to attract more retailers to accept bitcoin.
- Although the fee has decreased but it is still quite high, and the time to confirm still not improved too much, it makes spending Bitcoin is still difficult, inconvenient for users. In addition, the government always feels very anxious about economic issues when people use bitcoin, many countries have gradually banned the use of it as currency, that makes spending Bitcoin have more trouble with the law, and the value of bitcoin may still be higher, those are the reasons that I do not want to spend bitcoin in the moment

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
cepedacharles29

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:03:01 PM

In our country their an only few stores accept the bitcoin, you just need to convert first to fiat to able to use it.  I'm not spending all my bitcoin.  Just a little bit portion of my bitcoin. I am spending to pay my loans and convert bitcoin to fiat to purchase my daily expenses. I save the big portion to if their case emergency.
kingragnar

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:28:33 PM

There are people who spend bitcoins at stores or at gambling sites but I never do that. I only use Bitcoin to save my money and to make some extra money at the same time.

Me too i use my bitcoin to make more some extra money. There are many good ways to use bitcoin when it's just dipped in the holder of how it is used. if he is going to bet it on the gambling sites he has. But for me. it's best to save your bitcoin earnings for your future
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:33:23 PM

Me too i use my bitcoin to make more some extra money. There are many good ways to use bitcoin when it's just dipped in the holder of how it is used. if he is going to bet it on the gambling sites he has. But for me. it's best to save your bitcoin earnings for your future

It has always been the best thing to save bitcoin for our future.  But ofcourse if you need money then try to part some of your bitcoins.  Anyways we are earning bitcoins because we need money.  I never tried doing gambling but I guess it is not bad to have some fun sometimes.  Just sometimes.
severaldetails

Activity: 959

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:36:44 PM

I do not pay with bitcoin anymore. In case I really want to buy something withe a cryptocurrency, then I choose something different. And I do not think that this is bad for bitcoin. The mempool is full. When more people use bitcoin as a payment the mempool fills even more.
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1386
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:37:08 PM

Instead of wasting your bitcoin in gambling sites,you can save it for your future.Since the price of Bitcoin is raised rapidly with respect to time.The saving bitcoin will gives you double or triple of dollars as compared to today's price.If you got 1000$ with today holding means,you will get 2000$ by just holding it for six months.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 03:32:02 AM

I have also a chunk of bitcoin in major exchange bug i just leave it there because of the high transaction that may cost me half of my btc's value if i cash it out. Instead of spending it, i just keep it there with hopes that the days of low transaction fee will come back again.
I haven't revisited this thread in a long time, and oh how so much has changed in less than 2 years since i created this thread.
Interesting reading some of the replies.

As i started in my OP i used to use BTC to pay for everything, hardly needed fiat anymore. Well that still is the case with fiat but 1 small change with bitcoin, i no longer use BTC due to the high fees but luckily i can still do all i need to with Bitcoin Cash (BCH) except i pay almost nothing in transaction fees, reminds me of the good old day of bitcoin.

warr1979

Activity: 564

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:30:24 PM

Instead of wasting your bitcoin in gambling sites,you can save it for your future.Since the price of Bitcoin is raised rapidly with respect to time.The saving bitcoin will gives you double or triple of dollars as compared to today's price.If you got 1000$ with today holding means,you will get 2000$ by just holding it for six months.
What's the reason make you can be sure 6 months enough to double your investment in Bitcoin?
Honestly, if you know this profit, did you take loan from anywhere?
Because you can be sure you will double your investment within 6 months while many experienced trader can't do that! Wink
bib24

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:28:37 PM

Personally I haven't spend my bitcoin yet, I just let it rest on my wallet for time being. But these are the common ways to spend it, used it trough online purchase but in a limited way only since their are only few shops accept bitcoin payment, and if you change your bitcoin to fiat currency then you can spend it anytime anywhere.

BarbusseH

Activity: 193
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:07:20 AM

The high price of transactions severely limits the widespread use of bitcoins to pay for inexpensive purchases or services.
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: