Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:23:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 822 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡[ANN]⚡ ▐░Espers [ESP]░▌▐░PoW/PoS░▌▐░HMQ1725 Algo░▌ ▐░New Features░▌  (Read 923798 times)
CC-Resurgam

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

I Shall Rise Again From The Ashes Of My Failures.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 03:23:29 PM

What happened? Have I missed something?
Someone was buying ESP at 1 sat and spent overall 92+ BTC. people dumped. but alas it was a hacker who had control of novaexchange. made it difficult to near impossible to withdraw anything. Someone targeted Nova and ESP to try and destroy them. However Nova caught it in time and locked all trade and accounts. you can withdraw but Nova will be doing it all manually and recommends that you Withdraw NOW.
Simple case of it was too good to be true.

However this unknown person just got away with VAST amounts of ESP and may not of had to pay for anything.

Nova has proven to be an exchange with good intent. i do not believe they had any hand it in this. the owner is diligently working to correct the issue.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄                  ▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄            ▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░▌        ▐░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌░▌     ▐░▐░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌▐░▌ ▐░▌▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌ ▐░▐░▌  ▐░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌   ▐░▌    ▐░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌     ▀      ▐░▌
▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌                                        ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
  ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀                  ▀    ▀                 ▀
     ▓▒░░ Fast
     ▓▒░░ Affordable
     ▓▒░░ Friendly
.cryptic.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:24:09 PM

I contacted support via Twitter. Fake ESP/BTC sale was rolled back and I was able to withdraw ESP

NovaExchange will most probably shut down, but I can see the swedish owner is not scamming people.

Sounds like a reasonable compromise to me.
captaindz

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:24:46 PM

i cant find my open orders at novaexchange, anyone had the same problem?
.cryptic.

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:25:42 PM

Someone was buying ESP at 1 sat and spent overall 92+ BTC. people dumped. but alas it was a hacker who had control of novaexchange. made it difficult to near impossible to withdraw anything. Someone targeted Nova and ESP to try and destroy them. However Nova caught it in time and locked all trade and accounts. you can withdraw but Nova will be doing it all manually and recommends that you Withdraw NOW.

However this unknown person just got away with VAST amounts of ESP and may not of had to pay for anything.

Nova has proven to be an exchange with good intent. i do not believe they had any hand it in this. the owner is diligently working to correct the issue.
Does it mean that we got another guy with a massive stash of hacked ESP to deal with now?
.cryptic.

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:26:12 PM

All the open orders are removed and trading is suspended.
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:29:16 PM

Has anyone seen their account BTC wallet on the exchange? Is it open or hidden? Mine is hidden
captaindz

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:30:15 PM

All the open orders are removed and trading is suspended.

but btc not back to the balance,
CC-Resurgam

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 03:32:15 PM

Does it mean that we got another guy with a massive stash of hacked ESP to deal with now?
Potentially.

I contacted support via Twitter. Fake ESP/BTC sale was rolled back and I was able to withdraw ESP

NovaExchange will most probably shut down, but I can see the swedish owner is not scamming people.
I do not believe Nova has scammed anyone just the unlucky victim of Duchebaggery like the rest of us.

Has anyone seen their account BTC wallet on the exchange? Is it open or hidden? Mine is hidden
They are probably reviewing the balances and checking that they are legit. Something to that affect. or it could be the hackers doing.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄                  ▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄            ▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░▌        ▐░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌░▌     ▐░▐░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌▐░▌ ▐░▌▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌ ▐░▐░▌  ▐░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌   ▐░▌    ▐░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌     ▀      ▐░▌
▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌                                        ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
  ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀                  ▀    ▀                 ▀
     ▓▒░░ Fast
     ▓▒░░ Affordable
     ▓▒░░ Friendly
Trial

Activity: 664

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:34:56 PM

I'm lucky that I have nothing left on novaexchange.
.cryptic.

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:36:03 PM

Potentially.

I do not believe Nova has scammed anyone just the unlucky victim of Duchebaggery like the rest of us.

They are probably reviewing the balances and checking that they are legit. Something to that affect. or it could be the hackers doing.

92BTC = 9.2Billion ESP ~ 2% of the total coin supply.
May be we should hard fork and blacklist all these addresses.
bkeenan

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:36:43 PM

Moving forward, where will we trade esp/ltc? It is my understanding that right now the coins can not be sold, because demand at 1 satoshi is not high enough?

Also, the exchange said he did not make off with the ESP. . . just did a lot of trades in the exchange.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:37:54 PM

Being hacked IS a fault.
A lot of sites do not apply even the most basic security rules.
A site dealing with money should be super-secure, or not even start operating.

.cryptic.

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:38:21 PM

Moving forward, where will we trade esp/ltc? It is my understanding that right now the coins can not be sold, because demand at 1 satoshi is not high enough?

Also, the exchange said he did not make off with the ESP. . . just did a lot of trades in the exchange.
Escrow + https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=161.0 until we find a new ltc market.
CC-Resurgam

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 03:41:10 PM

I am working on getting listed a few other places.

▓▒░░ Fast
     ▓▒░░ Affordable
     ▓▒░░ Friendly
bkeenan

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:41:28 PM

Escrow + https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=161.0 until we find a new ltc market.

There goes the neighborhood.
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 03:41:57 PM

What the heck are you blaming developers of espers.
Resugram awarned everyone to deposit and trade espers @nova at your own risk. He told that we cannot trust this exchange, and he was damn right. So, I can only thank devs for that warning

+1

Keeping coins on any exchange is a big risk but a new one even more so. Obviously the devs are not responsible for nova's security. Saying that I managed to withdraw the esp i had there after wards.

Moving forward i think c-cex would be a good fit since they have ltc and doge markets. So vote it up!
https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
CC-Resurgam

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 03:42:49 PM

Being hacked IS a fault.
Anyone can be hacked. there is no such thing as impenetrable. we do not know what precautions they took. even cryptsy was hacked. However unlike cryptsy Nova is not stealing the balances after wards and blaming the exchange.

Edit: Being a new exchange they are likely to have these things happen. i hope they learn from it and figure out what to fix. I appreciate the steps Nova is taking to fix the situation. Most Would not care.

▓▒░░ Fast
     ▓▒░░ Affordable
     ▓▒░░ Friendly
.cryptic.

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:48:50 PM

Being hacked IS a fault.
Anyone can be hacked. there is no such thing as impenetrable. we do not know what precautions they took. even cryptsy was hacked. However unlike cryptsy Nova is not stealing the balances after wards and blaming the exchange.

Edit: Being a new exchange they are likely to have these things happen. i hope they learn from it and figure out what to fix. I appreciate the steps Nova is taking to fix the situation. Most Would not care.
Well said. I am on the same page with you.
bkeenan

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:50:33 PM

What the heck are you blaming developers of espers.
Resugram awarned everyone to deposit and trade espers @nova at your own risk. He told that we cannot trust this exchange, and he was damn right. So, I can only thank devs for that warning

+1

Keeping coins on any exchange is a big risk but a new one even more so. Obviously the devs are not responsible for nova's security. Saying that I managed to withdraw the esp i had there after wards.

Moving forward i think c-cex would be a good fit since they have ltc and doge markets. So vote it up!
https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

I've already been robbed by c-cex once so be careful Wink I still have .2 BTC 'on hold' that they have been paying me back for years and the 100 DASH/DRK that went missing , well, there is not even mention of that on my account. However, crypto is risky - I am not bitching, just warning.
Tekna

Activity: 268

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:08:50 PM

Being hacked IS a fault.

Well said. I am on the same page with you.

I've never seen even one coin that had been brought back after a hackers attack. 10000 points to nova at this point
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 822 »
  Print  

Jump to: