Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:08:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOHK Research and Scorex ARE NOT working with Waves  (Read 33933 times)
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:10:32 AM

Thanks all for the discussion, this ICO seems to be on a rough start. Glad the Waves team member issues are coming to light!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:35:39 AM

Winter is comming .... or maybe here  Shocked

cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 11:04:47 AM

the name waves seems apropos . ico..info...all coming in waves.
sit back and enjoy
Parano

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 11:37:48 AM

Can't you read between the lines that Charles is distancing himself and his company from the investment securities law implications of ICOs.

Man, you should stop explaining everything as an attempt to stay away of SEC ruling. Your posts are not only racist (because imply superiority of the USA) but are also plain annoying because were repeated too many times.

In this very case Charles explained his intentions pretty clear, no need to create conspiracy theories.

+ 1

Parano

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 11:38:49 AM

we all needs to support wave without greating too much fuss

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:38:26 PM

Can't you read between the lines that Charles is distancing himself and his company from the investment securities law implications of ICOs.

Man, you should stop explaining everything as an attempt to stay away of SEC ruling. Your posts are not only racist (because imply superiority of the USA) but are also plain annoying because were repeated too many times.

In this very case Charles explained his intentions pretty clear, no need to create conspiracy theories.

+ 1

Nice try to divert attention away from your money grabbing scams gaming jurisdictional boundaries:

is the only thing missing to pump the new Waves IPO to the moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG_XiOdbum8#t=57s

Successful IPO launch ingredients:

1. Prominent Eastern European dev

"check"

[...]

sjccrypto

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:44:26 PM

Thank you Charles, I appreciate the clarification.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:48:05 PM

I can play cross-posting game too:

Nice try to divert attention away from your money grabbing scams:

is the only thing missing to pump the new Waves IPO to the moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG_XiOdbum8#t=57s

Successful IPO launch ingredients:

1. Prominent Eastern European dev

"check"

[...]

To make it clear:

You didn't have counter-arguments so you posted another racist post, right?

PS: BTW, why "your"? You think that I'm involved in Waves or it's just all that you can do - completely made-up ad hominems?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:51:50 PM

We already had this discussion in the past. Cultures which harbor people who disrespect G20 norms on investment securities law are harboring scammers in my view and also apparently in the opinion of the person I quoted. This has nothing to do with race.

Keep building your strawman legal case.  Roll Eyes

You are on Ignore and are not coming off of it ever again. So don't expect replies.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:53:26 PM

We already had this discussion in the past. Cultures which harbor people who disrespect G20 norms on investment securities law are harboring scammers in my view and also apparently in the opinion of the person I quoted. This has nothing to do with race.

Keep building your strawman legal case.  Roll Eyes

You are on Ignore and are not coming off of it ever again. So don't expect replies.

Well, guys, nothing to see here anymore. It's a clinical case, poor TPTB has gone into the total denial.
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 05:49:46 PM

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:56:55 PM

Their (ICO promotion) signatures always reveal their hatred for the truth I speak about selling ostensibly illegal unregistered investment securities to US investors.

Suppose they don't like that truth. How sad they wouldn't be able to steal money if they obeyed the law.  Cry

Is that 'FISTBUMP' up the arse of your victims.

Another ad hominem throwing, ostensibly scammer accomplice added to my Ignore list.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:02:49 PM

Their (ICO promotion) signatures always reveal their hatred for the truth I speak about selling ostensibly illegal unregistered investment securities to US investors.

Suppose they don't like that truth. How sad they wouldn't be able to steal money if they obeyed the law.  Cry

The laws you refer to were created to protect interests of banksters, not of ordinary people. We all are 18+ here and decide ourselves what to do with our money. Go and post on Wall Street forums, people like you (who want to be a submissive of USA govt) are not welcome here.

PS: Could anyone quote my post, please? The guy doesn't like when I disturb him in his delusion world, but the message is intended to open his eyes and bring him back to the reality, it's important for him (though he won't admit that even to himself).
hmachado

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 10:04:20 PM

Can we get some clarity why you were listed on the team page please. Also I appreciate the answers.

This is why I got so angry. There is no formal relationship. Waves should have not listed Alex as a team member. Alex nor I were consulted in this decision. Using someone's name or work to raise millions of dollars is a serious concern and should not be taken lightly.

Scorex isn't designed to be a full and secure cryptocurrency. It's a great platform for rapid experimentation, which is badly needed in academia and industry. In fact in the announcement of scorex, there was some text criticizing ICOs. It's one of the reasons I loved the project when I found it last year.

This is not a debate about open source. Not once has anyone said scorex cannot be used. It's an argument about iohk personnel being represented as employees or partners of another Venture for the purpose of raising millions of dollars. It is something that I cannot permit. I asked privately for it to stop and then had to escalate after the waves project continued to imply via proxies a relationship.

I assume it will stop now so I wish the project well and the best of luck.

Thanks for stepping forward.
This is the wild west, nice to see some people still care.
thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924

I AM

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 11:06:47 PM

*Yawn...

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
AltcoinScamfinder

Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 11:30:17 PM

Suppose they don't like that truth. How sad they wouldn't be able to steal money if they obeyed the law.  Cry

Another ad hominem throwing, ostensibly scammer accomplice added to my Ignore list.

Cute, it's using big words. Now go to bed child.

FOR RENT.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 12:01:03 AM

Just curious, and not looking to get into a long-running discussion over this, but if Waves is domiciled in Europe somewhere isn't it really the responsibility of US investors to obey US laws, not some foreign organization?

Secondly, they are selling tokens, not shares in a corporation. How is what they're doing different then selling any other token (postage stamps, old coins) or commodity that goes up and down in value?
kushti

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 12:14:24 AM

Another post from me, now on "production readiness".

It is hard to develop a database engine. Jan Kotek is a brilliant dev undoubtly but there's no stable MapDB release around after few years of active development,

Cryptography isn't just hard, its a mess. It is really hard to implement a primitive properly(!) (e.g. a signature scheme). And even a perfect implementation cant' save against improper usage or bad randomness. Things are much harder when we're talking about design and implementation of cryptographic protocols.

A cryptocurrency can dev go nuts. It is a crazy mix of many hard-to-develop things. And if millions of users put billions collectively at stake, software behind that must be polished like a diamond. Unfortunately, amongst thousands of coins(few IPOs to be declared daily on this forum) there are only 1.5 seriously validated systems(so Bitcoin, after few years of issues fixing, see https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Common_Vulnerabilities_and_Exposures, and partly Ethereum).

So Scorex was declared to be not ready for a production use. Since 1.1.0 modular design is there, so a consensus as well as transactional modules are to be injected into core. Since 1.2.0 only core is to be called Scorex, and our first testnet application running on Permacoin consensus protocol is being called Lagonaki.

Let's take a closer look on readiness of modules:

1. Core: no any protection against any DDoS atm. Peer blacklisting is just done(in 1.2.3). Networking layer is quite raw. Other things in the core are seem to be pretty OK.

2. Nxt-like consensus module: unlike Nxt, "effective balance" == balance and that is trivially insecure. There are many small tweaks in Nxt not copied into the module(I am pretty unsure all of them are adding up to the protocol security though).

3. Qora-like consensus module: again "effective balance" == balance. Aside of that, algo is copied pretty precisely.

4. Permacoin consensus module(https://github.com/ScorexProject/Permacoin-consensus): there are some open question in the protocol design itself (see my paper http://arxiv.org/abs/1603.07926 ). Our implementation isn't tested on really huge datasets.

5. Simplest transactional module. Simplest tokens transfers (like Nxt payments) and nothing more. Protection against double-inclusion is quite stupid(account nonces like in Ethereum are needed).

So yes, all the components must not be used as provided in a popular cryptocurrency. And I'll eventually fix only core issues. I'm going to implement next few modules(more innovative this time) and a new testnet application with working name Ergaki (https://scorex-dev.groups.io/g/main/message/3?p=,,,20,0,0,0:Created,0,,20,1,0,1996315 ).

But Waves doesn't need anything except of core probably. They will build own transactional and consensus modules. Then it is Waves business to prove those modules are shine like a diamond.

P.S. On a team's photo, I was offline for those days, so do not really know what happened. I need to have another call with Sasha to clarify.

Ergo Platform core dev. Previously IOHK Research / Nxt core dev / SmartContract.com cofounder.
cohnhead

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 12:31:04 AM

interesting,
so its not out of the question that you and or members of your team would be willing to collaborate with team wave in integrating their transactional and consensus modules to work with core....collaboration which may help in fixing core issues you speak of.
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 04:04:56 AM

Until I receive a formal apology from sasha in this thread for calling me delusional and then telling people to Google my history to see how I'm a "bad actor", there is no possibility of collaboration.

My company and its partners will not work with projects or people who personally attack our personnel or management.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: