Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:28:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: For those owed by bASIC: How much would you be willing to contribute to costs to recover a maximum of $1000/each from bASIC to be considered settled.
No deal. I'm owed a lot more than that. - 14 (23%)
$10 - 2 (3.3%)
$20 - 1 (1.6%)
$30 - 1 (1.6%)
$40 - 0 (0%)
$50 - 8 (13.1%)
$100 - 5 (8.2%)
$200 - 3 (4.9%)
$500 - 2 (3.3%)
$750 - 0 (0%)
$1000 - I just want justice. - 13 (21.3%)
more - It's all principle at this point. - 12 (19.7%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LEGAL COURSE of ACTION Discussion --- bASIC / BitcoinASIC  (Read 21222 times)
irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:42:46 AM

what about: scammer tag can get removed when he refunded everyone

, i dont know what is true/false, just that many people including me haven't received their refund
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 12:13:10 PM

what about: scammer tag can get removed when he refunded everyone

, i dont know what is true/false, just that many people including me haven't received their refund

Nah - he should still be classified as a scammer regardless.. I can see the tag being removed or not even placed on him if he would have refunded people within 3 business days of their original request at the current BTC rate at that time (early-mid Jan).. he failed in this aspect along with every other..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 12:58:57 PM

People do not understand the costs that were involved while developing the project, and most people who are commenting on things have no idea what the hell is really going on.

I am sorry for my angry post last night and I apologize to anyone I offended, I was upset that I was being portrayed as a scammer when that was never ever my intention.

I have been paying back little by little every Friday because I was making a decent amount of bitcoins a week mining and I was also buying Bitcoins anywhere I could.

After this 0.8 debacle I had to re-download the block chain - right now it says 42073 blocks remaining so hopefully it will not be much longer.

By definition a scammer takes your money and runs. I have not gone anywhere and I am not "sittting" on anyone's money,when we were accepting orders  I was cashing those coins out quite regularly due to the violent nature of Bitcoin (I can't imagine any Bitcoin business that doesn't do this) and this was pre-bubble as well. Now I am in a situation where I have a bunch of angry people who justifiably want their money back. You will get your money back. As soon as this block chain finishes downloading today I will see what I have left and I will make as many payments as I can. I have also been contacted by someone who is willing to sell me a large amount of Bitcoins and I am going to work on a deal with him.

alternatives to payback:

Sure I could file for bankruptcy but I rent the house I live in and drive a 2005 chevy equinox worth maybe 5000.00
(on a good day) so its a much better situation for everyone for me to just pay everyone back,  and although we are prepared to go in that direction it would make much more sense for all parties involved

The percentage of people who have not been refunded versus those who have been refunded is minuscule.

please work with me. I have all the amounts and addresses on a spread sheet, and please when you receive your refund please post to the forum about it so people know that refunds are continuing to be made.

theres really nothing left to say if you want to continue to bash me go ahead, but I will continue to make payments until everyone is paid, that's  really all I can do.

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 01:07:03 PM

I am also still waiting for my refund, albeit not patiently anymore.  With order #280 I was one of your first believers, now I agree with the scammer tag until you work off your debt.

I expect $2169.98 in USD or BTC equivalent as soon as possible.  If you need more details check the order.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 01:30:27 PM

By definition a scammer takes your money and runs.

sorry cablepair, as defined  in "Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged"

scammer [ˈskæmə], scamster
n
Slang a person who perpetrates a scam; swindler

It states nothing about money or 'running'.
For example you could "scam" a beautiful girl into marring you, it has nothing to running or money.

The scam was that you willfully dragged on  the 'proposed' delivery of a non existent product, going so far as to state "you have my ABSOLUTE word that goods will be delivered in March"
Plus there was a complete lack of details once the project took a turn for the worst.

There are more than enough people on these forums that have access to advanced equipment and engineers that could have helped IF you reached out.(I myself have access to advanced chip bonding equipment from Taiwan & Korea...... basically for free)

That is why so many people are pissed, not that the project failed...

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
100%digital

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 02:57:51 PM

Tom, your a fucking liar. You lie consistently. You misrepresented bASIC from day one. Why would your refund process be any different? Why the fuck are you not processing refunds in an order? (either date of purchase, or date refund was requested), for you to just arbitrarily choose who gets refunded is pissing alot of people off.

btw all email correspondence i've shared with Tom, just bleeds of arrogance/fuckyou attitude.

...think its fair to assume the 'majority' of his refunds were credit card. 1 million refunded, fuck you Tom. Even you knew you had little choice to refund these type of payments.

where is my btc cablepair?
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:13:35 PM

I am sorry for my angry post last night and I apologize to anyone I offended, I was upset that I was being portrayed as a scammer when that was never ever my intention.

It sounded like you were trying to come up with a way not to pay everyone else back. And it was just lies. You have a history going back long before ASICs where wallet corruption caused problems with you repaying people. You would have figured a long long time ago that you could have figured out how to make a wallet backup. Especially before changing any versions. You can be better than that if you choose to. You're just not making that choice.

The percentage of people who have not been refunded versus those who have been refunded is minuscule.

please work with me. I have all the amounts and addresses on a spread sheet, and please when you receive your refund please post to the forum about it so people know that refunds are continuing to be made.

Let's see some proof when you make such bold claims. Let's see a list of what you owe. Order numbers and amounts. No personal information. People can make sure their refund is on your to do list. And see if your time lines for paying back are real. But that would make things transparent. It might just be easier to pay back the maddest people and hope that some people have already given up on you refunding them.

That again, would be your choice.

Do the right thing this time.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:15:35 PM

....have no idea what the hell is really going on.

because you post only "everything is fine, don't worry bullshit"
no answer to mails...

That is why so many people are pissed, not that the project failed...

+1

and without the chargebacks? How much % of BTC orders you paid back?
in Number/value

by the way, no refund here

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:26:44 PM

There's a reason why no one has any idea what's going on.

You stated previously that you weren't using preorder funds to pay for development; that obviously is no longer the case. Given that our money was used to fund the development of the project, many of us had quite a vested interest in it. Handwaving about the blockchain and how you're working pay people back will not get you any respect at this point. If you want to try and regain a measure of respect on here, it really wouldn't be that though.

1. How much money was brought in?
2. How much have you paid back to date?
3. How much is left outstanding?
4. What the hell happened to the project? What milestones were reached, how many chips were ever produced, what were the roadblocks and showstoppers encountered? Basically, what happened to all the money?
5. What assets are left, in any form (IP, test product, etc) that could be liquidated to pay the debt?
6. What is your debt repayment plan? Are you mining for the coin, do you still have fiat left to repay, etc?

Answer those thoroughly and honestly and my opinion of this whole situation would improve drastically, even if the answer is that you still owe a million, there are no more assets and you're mining at 60GH/s to pay everything back. It would at least give people a chance to judge their own likelihood of seeing a refund instead of being strung along.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:32:38 PM

I think we have Tom's latest bullshit posting trends down to a 6 step science:

Step 1:  Claim you are not a scammer, reference online dictionaries for bonus points

Step 2:  State previous BTCFPGA history in hopes of supporting Step 1

Step 3:  Make some vague, borderline retarded excuses as to why you are proving your incompetence regarding project management and/or refunding

Step 4:  Mention BFL and point out already well known delays and flaws..

Step 5:  Reassert / promise that everyone will receive refunds, but give zero details or plans/COAs.. be as vague as possible.

Step 6:  Mention once again how you were some kind of BTC pioneer and are important/vital to this community.

Optional: Chug beers between each step or shots of whiskey..

Rinse/repeat

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:49:19 PM

Step 6:  Mention once again how you were some kind of BTC pioneer and are important/vital to this community.

ROFL!!!! OMG I just about joked to death while laughing.

Pirate was a pioneer too by his definition.

My previous post in this thread may be ignored, but worth repeating. This "pioneer" doesn't know how to back up his hot wallet? Doesn't even cross his mind before upgrading to a new client? Come on...

.      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 04:20:53 PM

You know for a small fee, you can hire someone to pay a visit right?

I dont give a shiet about scammer. But this fcktard will get his family involved with this attitude.
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 04:21:21 PM

This thread has 179 posts with 7080 views to date. Why is there only 12 votes total in the poll? I'm finding this tidbit rather odd.
Maybe because not everyone wants to sue Tom?

You'd be getting nothing if any other business folded... at least he's trying to refund everyone.
Did he file for bankruptcy protection?
Maybe he should have. Obviously trying to send customers refunds ASAP isn't making people happy.

If he intends to pay everyone back, then people may want a judgement to secure that promise. If he is paying back everyone, what is taking so long if he did in fact hold all the btc?
The claim that he held Bitcoins is a troll myth. I'm not aware of any evidence he did.

You have no evidence that he didn't.
rampone

Activity: 339

dafq is goin on

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 04:30:40 PM

Another email sent to tom. The scammer shall vanish, but only if evry1 is repaid. I was not refunded yet.

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 04:31:07 PM

This thread has 179 posts with 7080 views to date. Why is there only 12 votes total in the poll? I'm finding this tidbit rather odd.
Maybe because not everyone wants to sue Tom?

You'd be getting nothing if any other business folded... at least he's trying to refund everyone.
Did he file for bankruptcy protection?
Maybe he should have. Obviously trying to send customers refunds ASAP isn't making people happy.

If he intends to pay everyone back, then people may want a judgement to secure that promise. If he is paying back everyone, what is taking so long if he did in fact hold all the btc?
The claim that he held Bitcoins is a troll myth. I'm not aware of any evidence he did.

You have no evidence that he didn't.

Wow... BURNED!

cablepair

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 04:38:14 PM

I'm sorry your angry. I fucked up. I poorly managed this business. I completely fucked it up and its my fault but I did not do it with the intention of scamming anyone.

I will admit that although my FPGA business was going well until they became obsolete, I was way out of my league when it came to making an ASIC - I fucked it up, I ruined my business and if it makes you feel any better I feel like a piece of shit every day.

I should have a couple hundred BTC by the end of the day - the entirety of that will go to refunds.

There's nothing I can do other than pay people back and believe me or not I will continue to do so util everyone is paid.

I am sorry about my attitude, I did not mean to come off like that - please everyone can you find it in your heart to forgive me for my poor attitude. This is a very humbling experience for me.

When I feel like  I am being attacked - I tend to act immaturely and fight back and I am truly sorry.

Your right its no ones fault but my own that this happened but you can ask the people I was working with I never once had the intentions of scamming anyone. There's no point in it for me, I made nothing from this and I am spending my own money to pay it back.

I don't want you to feel sorry for me I dont want pity I just want you to work with me.

thanks to those who can feel at least some empathy towards me. My wallet has 36920  blocks left to download and then the refunds will begin.

wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 04:40:37 PM

I'm sorry your angry. I fucked up. I poorly managed this business. I completely fucked it up and its my fault but I did not do it with the intention of scamming anyone.

I will admit that although my FPGA business was going well until they became obsolete, I was way out of my league when it came to making an ASIC - I fucked it up, I ruined my business and if it makes you feel any better I feel like a piece of shit every day.

I should have a couple hundred BTC by the end of the day - the entirety of that will go to refunds.

There's nothing I can do other than pay people back and believe me or not I will continue to do so util everyone is paid.

I am sorry about my attitude, I did not mean to come off like that - please everyone can you find it in your heart to forgive me for my poor attitude. This is a very humbling experience for me.

When I feel like  I am being attacked - I tend to act immaturely and fight back and I am truly sorry.

Your right its no ones fault but my own that this happened but you can ask the people I was working with I never once had the intentions of scamming anyone. There's no point in it for me, I made nothing from this and I am spending my own money to pay it back.

I don't want you to feel sorry for me I dont want pity I just want you to work with me.

thanks to those who can feel at least some empathy towards me. My wallet has 36920  blocks left to download and then the refunds will begin.

So instead of doing the right thing and showing what is still owed and the plan to pay it back, you whine that people are attacking you.

You're so deserving of the blue ribbon. Does that make you feel better?

Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 04:44:53 PM

Its odd because the vast majority of people have been refunded.

I'm labeled a scammer - yet I have refunded over a million dollars customers

yes OVER A MILLION DOLLARS.

Credit Cards that were charged backed and 100k to one person who did a wire transfer (if you didn't it could be considered wire fraud).

would a scammer refund this large amount of money? I don't think so. I work every day to get people refunded
i have several people i am talking to over email daily to try and work something out.

Have them post here. You haven't communicated to anyone directly that you still owe BTC refunds to. You have all of the email addresses. The only communication I have seen are your post here, apologizing for you failures and trying to convince people to have sympathy for your position.

this fork has made it very difficult

When .8 came out I installed it and It immediately corrupted my wallet (thanks devs) Tongue

originally i thought my hard drive was bad, so I bought a new one and painstakingly backed everything up and moved everything over
now FINALLY after many days of release the devs decide they should tell us they fucked up (thanks)
today I downloaded .7 and have been patiently waiting for my blockchain to download, im not sure if I will continue refunds or just buy a big crack rock and smoke it in a cave some where

Another chicken dung excuse. You've been around long enough to know how to back up your wallet.

but I am totally offended by this scammer tag. Anyone who knows me or knows the history of Btcfpga knows it is NOT warranted

I am NOT A SCAMMER. and anyone who knows me, knows this.

if I was a scammer I could be living it up easy some place warm instead of braving the same upstate new york winters I have been for 30+ years

btw: while we are on the topic who gave me the tag? What small dick mini mod gave me this without any proof what so ever?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

i would love to know....

Your actions or better yet, your lack of action is what gave you the scammer tag. Try reading the thread - it clearly shows who tagged you as a scammer.

you can email me at btcfpga@gmail.com and we can either work something out or you can be a part of the bankrupcy case - which should be interesting considering the recent fork.

The recent fork will have no bearing on it,

my attorney has compiled an immense amount of proof that this was nothing even resembling a scam and I welcome anyone who should attempt to prove this wrong to show up to court. I will certainly post the details of the bankruptcy court date as soon as we have one set.

one issue i have to face . i promised payments every friday and I kept those up until I ran out of bitcoins. If anyone has any idea how I can buy a large amount of bitcoins please message me. The largest amount I can buy from bitinstant is $500 worth ive looked and looked and its near impossible to make a large bitcoin purchase anywhere. IF anyone has any Ideas I would love to hear them.

You again show another one of your statements as false.

i have contributed more to this community than most ever will. By isolating me you are losing someone who really cared about Bitcoin and worked every day to contribute to it. I am truly sorry the bASIC project failed. I would do anything to take it back. BFL has failed as well but at least I have the balls to admit it and not pretend like everything is OK and continue to hold your money for what amost a year now?   Sonny is a ball-less bitch and Josh, James and all of his other lackeys should be ashamed of themselves for promoting a TRUE scam. Maybe I was not able to do what I claimed I could do, but at LEAST I have the balls to admit it and am working my ass off to make it right.
I do not care about your opinion of BFL or it's people, good for you and your contributions, you can add them to your resume, this is strictly business.

To the ignorant assholes who have no fucking clue about this true Bitcoin man who contributed years of his life to this cause I got a message for you....  FUCK YOU.
Your arrogance precedes you.
to my customers dont worry - if you havent received your refund yet either work with me on it or Ill see you in bankruptcy court.

Take care and good luck Bitcoin - this fork is one of the best things that could of happened to me.

Again, another attempt to negate your obligations.

cablepair

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 04:49:47 PM

So instead of doing the right thing and showing what is still owed and the plan to pay it back, you whine that people are attacking you.

You're so deserving of the blue ribbon. Does that make you feel better?

I am sorry if I left this out, I have purchased a couple hundred BTC and have some more on the way - As soon as my block chain downloads
34700 left to download now I will begin todays refunds. If anyone emails me I will reply today.
Everyone will be refunded starting in 3400 or so blocks - people will post confirmations today. I hope this is enough information for you
Im not going to bicker with anyone Im just going to refund them, I dont care about the scammer tag anymore have a nice day.

wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 04:57:02 PM

I am sorry if I left this out, I have purchased a couple hundred BTC and have some more on the way - As soon as my block chain downloads
34700 left to download now I will begin todays refunds. If anyone emails me I will reply today.
Everyone will be refunded starting in 3400 or so blocks - people will post confirmations today. I hope this is enough information for you
Im not going to bicker with anyone Im just going to refund them, I dont care about the scammer tag anymore have a nice day.

And you still won't consider posting order numbers or even amounts that need to be refunded? Because... ? You're hoping some of the people have given up and your debt is no longer valid with them?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: