Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:36:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the monero/bitmonero/MRO/BMR/XMR Cripplemined Fastmine matters  (Read 13620 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:13:30 AM

When we jump from that date to present date, there is one simple fact that remains : there is still no official GUI wallet
Information from Monero itself indicates and support that :

http://monero.org/faq-items/where-is-the-monero-xmr-gui-wallet/

That web site is a domain squatter.

Sure there are several unofficial versions but those are not supported, maintained or even further developed by Monero itself and therefore Monero can not and will not be held responsible if anything happens to these wallets.

Monero is not an entity so your sentence is misconstructed, but in any case regardless of what wallet you use, no one else is responsible for your use of open source software provided at no charge with no warranty. Use at your own risk.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:30:31 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 08:03:40 PM by qwizzie

When we jump from that date to present date, there is one simple fact that remains : there is still no official GUI wallet

Sure there are several unofficial versions but those are not supported, maintained or even further developed by Monero itself and therefore Monero can not and will not be held responsible if anything happens to these wallets.

Monero is not an entity so your sentence is misconstructed, but in any case regardless of what wallet you use, no one else is responsible for your use of open source software provided at no charge with no warranty. Use at your own risk.

Maybe a good idea to mention that on Monero's website somewhere. So with regards to Monero's Cripplemined Fastmine history, is there any official thread where this is pinned down
and for all to read ? Is there a birth of Monero where this is described ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:43:23 PM

Maybe a good idea to mention that on Monero's website somewhere. So with regards to Monero's Cripplemined Fastmine history, is there any official thread where this is pinned down

How you even dare to compare a faulty miner that was not spotted first on an got fixed fast with your coins shady history even??? you think people reading both stories are stupid and cannot see which one is shady and which one not?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:12:37 PM

i think i will wait for a more mature and on topic reply on my previous post. i'm sure someone out there is typing it into cyberspace
right now... i will just need to have patience.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:35:16 PM

In terms of "fastmined", nothing has changed so the formula in the ANN OP (and possibly something on the web site) serves a complete and accurate description of the one emission curve that has ever existed.

As far as "cripplemined" that term doesn't even have a well defined meaning but the full and accurate history of the mining code is here: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master

We've never created a "Birth of Darkcoin Monero" post to try to spin and obfuscate; it is all there in the previous paragraph.

There is a history writeup somewhere (I think by fluffypony) that describes the background, creation of the core team, etc. I don't know where it is though.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 10:19:22 PM

In terms of "fastmined", nothing has changed so the formula in the ANN OP (and possibly something on the web site) serves a complete and accurate description of the one emission curve that has ever existed.

As far as "cripplemined" that term doesn't even have a well defined meaning but the full and accurate history of the mining code is here: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master

We've never created a "Birth of Darkcoin Monero" post to try to spin and obfuscate; it is all there in the previous paragraph.

There is a history writeup somewhere (I think by fluffypony) that describes the background, creation of the core team, etc. I don't know where it is though.

Well, thats just dandy...  so to summarize :

* there is no official record or pinned post to inform newcomers about Monero's Fastmined / Cripplemined period and if people really want to know more they are directed to look at code on Github?
* third party (non-official) GUI wallets are linked at Monero's official website without any reference to use them at people's own risk, as they are not officially supported by Monero's dev team ?
* No official information regarding the risks of using Monero's webwallet and the risks of storing coins on exchanges for longterm ?
* no official GUI wallet after two years and still no ETA ?

Only one thing comes to mind when i think about it :

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:39:55 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 12:05:27 AM by smooth

{red flag img}

Good, stay away. It dangerous experimental technology. Unless you are an expert capable of evaluating everything carefully and an extreme speculator, and in all cases capable of securing your crypto coins properly, you shouldn't buy it. If you have a short term use, well you still need to be able to secure your crypto coins properly, and no that doesn't mean GUI. Bitcoin is overflowing with GUIs, yet people get hacked and lose coins constantly.

If all coins gave that advice instead of shill threads full off "positivity" and "nation building", many tears would be prevented.

Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 04:49:33 AM

{red flag img}

Good, stay away. It dangerous experimental technology. Unless you are an expert capable of evaluating everything carefully and an extreme speculator, and in all cases capable of securing your crypto coins properly, you shouldn't buy it. If you have a short term use, well you still need to be able to secure your crypto coins properly, and no that doesn't mean GUI. Bitcoin is overflowing with GUIs, yet people get hacked and lose coins constantly.

If all coins gave that advice instead of shill threads full off "positivity" and "nation building", many tears would be prevented.

LOL. Bitcoin technology is being used IRL in retail. "Experimental" or "dangerous" only applies to CraptoNote which was written from scratch in a failed attempt to re-invent the wheel by your copycat wannabe Satoshi "Saberhagen". Even the most insignificant shitcoins ever forked from Bitcoin are theoretically more secure & robust than CryptoBloat. If your product is shit you can't make it look good by pulling everyone else in.

Macrochip

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 04:56:05 AM

QFT:

LOL @ modified miner. The "modified miner" was actually the one that was "modified" to be 100x slower than optimal. It was purposely slowed down and pushed by the Monero dev team in the ANN. There is more proof of that being a SCAM than anything you can imply on DASH launch.

The miner was literally made to scam people. An actual scam, that took advantage of actual users/miners.

If you want to compare your alleged scam proof of DASH to alleged scam proof of XMR, you could compare the fact that the official GUI wasn't a priority until coin emission had drastically slowed, giving insiders time to mine and buy as much as possible.

Monero should be relaunched for its cripplemine scam at the beginning.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 05:32:04 AM

QFT:

QFBullishit.

There is no evidence at all of Monero developers having anything to do with slowing the miner down (in fact they sped it up). None, zip, zilch. (Not surprising, since it didn't happen.)

There is also no proof that the miner was deliberately slowed down by anyone, though it is a reasonable supposition. It was fixed after 2.58% of the initial emission were mined (though with infinite emission this will be further diluted eventually), and again there is no evidence anyone ever exploited it before the Monero developers started fixing it.

Fortunately Monero didn't have a massive instamine on day one, or this could have been a real problem. This is one reason it never makes sense to distribute massive numbers of coins in the first hour or day, when the hashing code is new, comes unoptimized from another project, and could possibly be exploited unfairly. That would be disastrous.

Macrochip

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 05:36:30 AM

Monero should be relaunched for its cripplemine scam at the beginning nonetheless.

Macrochip

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 06:22:34 AM

Plus we can clearly tell there are provably scam victims from the Monero cripplemine as the optimized mining code wasn't available to the public, who had to put up with the scammy crippleminer. Anyone who ever tried to mine Monero with the first official miner was financially defrauded and that's a non debatable fact.

The despicableness of the botnet mining should be re-iterated as well.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:34:46 AM

Plus we can clearly tell there are provably scam victims from the Monero cripplemine as the optimized mining code wasn't available

Not provably, no.

You can't prove such optimized mining code that you claim "wasn't available" existed at all (nor can I -- if it did, I'm not aware of it).

It doesn't count when miners optimize their own code, that is fair game.

EDIT:

Also, if you're putting together a fraud claim against those who did have such a miner, sign me up, since I mined with the first official miner and according to you I was defrauded. Most of the other team members did too, maybe all.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:44:43 AM

A number of the core devs have bragged about how many zombie machines they control in the past.

Citation needed (but of course we all know it won't be coming)

Dash liars on this thread:

MasterMined710
ceti
Not sure Macrochip has specifically lied yet (just illogical and incorrect nonsense), but he's getting close.
Macrochip

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 07:16:40 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 11:12:27 PM by Macrochip

The FAILERO scam protecting in here is pretty desperate. Deflecting away the accusations by mentioning off topics is clearly a sign of guilt.

Moanero cloned a scam coin (Bytecoin). Why you ask? Because they KNEW, like everyone else, it was a scam
And yet didn't bother to check for scammy code? Is that feigning of ignorance credible? Definitely not.
Why? Because they claim to have so much integrity:

You won't find a more fair launch of any coin no will you find team behind a coin with more integrity than the Monero team in my opinion (though as a minor disclaimer, I don't know all of them outside of our work on Monero -- the work on Monero has been 100% above board and community-focused).

Advertising "fair launch" and yet they pushed a scammy crippleminer onto the public

Only when an outside party noticed the scam that was going on:

My concern with Monero is that optimized miner was always closed-source until a week in production. It happened each time the optimization takes place.

There was no closed source release of anything from the Monero project. It has all been released on github, when practical with accompanying Windows, Mac and Linux binaries. We can't control what everyone else does, but we have certainly encouraged optimized miner developers to share them, in one case offering a bounty (though it turned out not to be necessary as we independently developed comparable optimizations).

As far as I remember, it was me who was asking the questions and finally pushed NoodleDoodle to release the source of the first optimization "round". Where's my bounty then? Smiley

NoodleDoodle was not at the time a Monero developer. His first commit to github was the "optimized" (if you want to call it that) miner, which he developed on his own initiative as a individual miner. He was encouraged not only by you, but also by members of the Monero team to open source it, which he did. He has since contributed further optimizations.

As it turns out all these optimizations were really (very likely) un-de-optimizations. If you wanted them released earlier you should get after the bytecoin devs about it. They supposedly had two years to do it.

they bothered to make efforts to fix it.
Monero devs filled their pockets with optimized miners no one else had access to at the time and just when someone else noticed he could fix the scam miner himself they had to come clean. Too bad for him they had already a shit-ton before before anyone found out.

Conclusion from evidence:

SCAM CONFIRMED.

Monero should relaunch because of the cripplemine scam at the beginning.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:12:31 AM

The scam protecting in here is pretty desperate

Yeah, you guys should really stop. The Dash instamine is very well known, no sense even trying to deflect attention from it

Too bad for him they had already mined unknown millions before anyone found out.

Clear lie, since "millions" had not been mined even by the latest possible date of any miner optimization.

Congratulations, Macrochip, you have been added to the documented Dash liar list!

Dash liars on this thread:

MasterMined710
ceti
Macrochip NEW

The following applies to all of them:

This is on topic.

I have not looked into monero. The things he claims "could" be true

HOWEVER - i would not trust one word mastermined710 says.

I was on the xcoin(dash) captive instamine launch. I was there in real time and watched it unfold.

He now tries to deny things that happened  actually happened  on that launch. He is not to be trusted.

Although, this is not a dash/xcoin/dark thread I will not go into it here. I will only say if you want examples of his lies then please contact me for details.

This person is either a total scammer or likes to try and destroy the truth with nuances that are laughable. His tactic is to say he is telling the truth so that the real truth that is a correct and proper picture is distorted and cast in doubt.

He is making this thread only to divert from the dash scam thread.

He is a scam protector and pumper.
Macrochip

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 08:20:07 AM

The scam protecting in here is pretty desperate

Yeah, you guys should really stop. The Dash instamine is very well known, no sense even trying to deflect attention from it

Stop trying to deflect from the intentional Monero cripplemine scam by mentioning off topics.

Too bad for him they had already mined unknown millions before anyone found out.

Clear lie, since "millions" had not been mined even by the latest possible date of any miner optimization.

Prove it. Oh wait you can't, a CryptoBloat Blockchain isn't auditable.

Scam reconfirmed.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:34:50 AM

Prove it. Oh wait you can't, a CryptoBloat Blockchain isn't auditable.

Lie #2. Mining is transparent.

Stop trying to deflect

It isn't deflecting when one responds to documented lies by explaining why the lies are occurring. That is more on-topic than continuing down a nonsense conversation built with lies.

Start being truthful and there might be something to discuss, but then if that were to happen, this whole thread would not exist.

This is on topic.

I have not looked into monero. The things he claims "could" be true

HOWEVER - i would not trust one word mastermined710 says.

I was on the xcoin(dash) captive instamine launch. I was there in real time and watched it unfold.

He now tries to deny things that happened  actually happened  on that launch. He is not to be trusted.

Although, this is not a dash/xcoin/dark thread I will not go into it here. I will only say if you want examples of his lies then please contact me for details.

This person is either a total scammer or likes to try and destroy the truth with nuances that are laughable. His tactic is to say he is telling the truth so that the real truth that is a correct and proper picture is distorted and cast in doubt.

He is making this thread only to divert from the dash scam thread.

He is a scam protector and pumper.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:45:59 AM

So we continue to observe the self righteous Monero devs acting like they are the police of crypto.

Never trust a man who doesn’t drink because he’s probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Very few of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They’re the judges, the meddlers, the true evil hidden under the cloak of good.

I'm still waiting for evidence for your claim "a number of the core devs have bragged about how many zombie machines they control".

Chirp...Chirp...Chirp...

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 08:59:12 AM

So we continue to observe the self righteous Monero devs acting like they are the police of crypto.

Never trust a man who doesn’t drink because he’s probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Very few of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They’re the judges, the meddlers, the true evil hidden under the cloak of good.

The true evil is the oligarchies that pervade the trustless space of cryptocurrencies pretending to be decentralized and invoking the name of Satoshi so they can fleece more peasants with their paynode schemes that reward their ill gotten gains over and over and over and over.....

Instamines exasperate the problem of old world political leeching, but they don't create it--it's the paynode scheme that creates the oligarchy.

Trying to compare a crippled miner to a 30% instamine in two days is a sad equivocation, but failing to see why that isn't even the real problem (at least politically) is reprehensible, but I suppose when you're an oligarch it is tough to see the technology from the fees.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: