Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:12:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the monero/bitmonero/MRO/BMR/XMR Cripplemined Fastmine matters  (Read 13617 times)
btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:08:34 AM

Moanero cloned a scam coin (Bytecoin).
Then the shady guy starting making shady changes and broke it.

since monero has no real working wallet yet i would assume the development team never changed, they just changed username account.

anybody in the altcoin scene since with some experience knows how monero is raped by botnets from the usual people and that the coin is basically a rebrand of bytecoin plus some wealthy investor willing to pay an army of troll posts

Do you have evidence of those claims? I ask knowing you don't.

"I ask knowing you don't."
Do you have evidence of those claims?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:11:51 AM

since monero has no real working wallet yet i would assume the development team never changed, they just changed username account.

anybody in the altcoin scene since with some experience knows how monero is raped by botnets from the usual people and that the coin is basically a rebrand of bytecoin plus some wealthy investor willing to pay an army of troll posts

Considering that he's responsible for a large portion of what you are likely calling troll posts, and he probably knows that he isn't being paid, then yes, he does. I would say the same.

tldr. You're full of shit.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:15:04 AM

Is that was "AEON" is for? Backup for the inevitable?

AEON was launched by some other anonymous dev, along with a large number (dozen or more) of other cryptonote clone coins launched around that time. I don't know his intent in doing so (nor the others).

I mentioned it because I'm maintaining it (most of the others are unmaintained now) and it also happens to be the one that is closest to Monero without other fundamental changes such as variable rewards, merged mining, etc. and finally was launched after the miner fixes.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 11:29:12 AM

Well, I know that I'm not paid, but it's really impossible for me to prove that, but on the other hand, if you had proof of those claims there is a better than good chance that you would have already provided proof, so therefore, I can pretty much claim knowledge of the absence of proof using common sense and the knowledge that it was/is in your best interest to provide proof with the statement as to strengthen your claim to truth, but then again, you are a dashtard, so maybe what's obvious to most anyone isn't so obvious to you....

btc_zero_sum

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:37:30 AM

you are a dashtard

lol you have no idea who am i, and what i own, and if i even have an agenda.
well, we know more about you i must say.

ps. i now own 12 dash, yes i'm really really dash lover lol
btc_zero_sum

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:49:37 AM

Well, I know that I'm not paid

and you are even telling me that you do this 24/7 for FREE?!
wow, you are a kindest crypto knight i ever met, the monero community should start a fund to build a statue in you honor, or maybe to smooth? who deserves more?

you are funny, too bad is late night and i cannot continue to reply, for free
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 03:58:59 PM

[DISCLAIMER: see disclaimer of conflict of interest at the bottom]

Quote: "If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud"
  -- Nassim Taleb (credit to Icebreaker for the quote).

Monero Ninja Launch:
There were multiple threads started in the wrong place so dev team could benefit before most even knew it had been launched. The Monero ANN thread is not the original ANN thread (true sign of a scam coin) and some say the name (Bitmonero) was changed to (monero) cover up the launch issues and association with original acknowledge scam dev. Wink
How many threads does this coin need?  Huh

One in the right place, apparently  Grin

Monero Cripplemine: 6-7%+ of the total supply
~1.5 million monero mined with optimized miners while dev team pushed a crippled miner on everyone else.
Months 2-3 total coins mined was 1.37 million.
Minting Money with Monero ... and CPU vector intrinsics
August 28, 2014
"The original developers deliberately crippled the miner."
http://da-data.blogspot.com/2014/08/minting-money-with-monero-and-cpu.html

Monero Fastmine / Instamine:
The monero cripplemine was bad but the fastmine is where the most unfair distribution took place.

Monero has a highly inflationary emission curve where around half the coins were mined in the first year and will have "Roughly 86% mined in 4 years".

By comparison, Bitcoin is almost 7 years old and only has 75% mined. It will take them another 4+ years to get to monero's 86%.

So it will take BTC & LTC ~11+ years to get to ~86% and monero only 4 years. It will take DASH ~ another 20 years to get to 86%.

They knew it was a problem but did nothing......
[BMR] BitMonero emission curve change (proposal)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=585480.0

[ANN][MRO] Monero - an anonymous coin based on CryptoNote technology
"It was said that this coin had a mining reward schedule similar to bitcoin. In fact it is twice as fast as intended, even even a bit more than twice as fast as bitcoin.
If you acquired your coins on the basis of the advertised reward schedule, you would be disappointed, and rightfully so, as more coins come to into existence more quickly than you were led to believe." smooth
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=582080.0

[XMR] Monero - Marketing Team & Tactics
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233817.0

Unveiling the truth over the major Monero scam
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755840.0

DISCLAIMER: I am a DASH fan boy and I do not deny a conflict of interest. Nevertheless I endeavor to be factual and I suggest that readers consider the facts, check the facts, reach your own conclusions about what happened and how it matters today, and finally to avoid the temptation to attack the person stating the facts or the coin(s) with which he might be associated]  Grin

I agree Monero is mined quite quickly (within a few years). For that reason the price has been pretty low and it still is low. That being said, it offers a great opportunity to enter with the funds that you can afford to lose (this is a risky project) without losing your mental health. Actually I was in favor of cutting the emission in 2014 but the Monero community disagreed with me and that is pretty much also the reason why the price never rose big time and those who were early adopters and couldn't afford to cost average it down are underwater with the current price tag.

Also one problem with XMR is it has been owned by whales who like to dump their coins every once and while. Those whales basically are looking a way to kill any bullish trend Monero has attempted to enter, so this fact makes Monero not too attractive for investors.

Summa summarum:

These are the pros and cons for Monero:
The pro: price is pretty low
The con: there are apparently big whales who do not want to hold Moneros at too high levels thus making the entrance of bull trend pretty hard.

I am being very honest here and not telling that Monero is "perfect". I am willing to speak also the weaknesses of XMR. That being said, I own a stake of Monero that enables me to get rich if Monero gets adopted by any wider user base, but if XMR will drop to 0.001 I am not also losing my nigh sleep...
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 04:37:15 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 06:37:55 PM by Macrochip

@TrueCryptonaire: Any thoughts on the lack of actual innovation? Ring signatures weren't invented by Monero, neither the announced to be implemented Confidential Transactions. Can you name any (killer) feature that didn't exist before Monero came to invent it? And if not, why are you so ardent to support it?

This is an honest and neutral question. I don't have beef with everyone who likes Monero, even though one might think so.

Macrochip

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 06:22:48 PM

Apparently it's impossible to trade cryptocurrency without being registered to this looney bin of a forum. Roll Eyes
What a crock of shit you're spilling here. Another nutjob for my ignore list.

Monero should relaunch because of a) the despicable botnet mining it clearly endorses and b) the even more despicable intentional cripplemining scam at the beginning.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:36:27 PM

@TrueCryptonaire: Any thoughts on the lack of actual innovation? Ring signatures weren't invented by Monero, neither the announced to be implemented Confidential Transactions. Can you name any (killer) feature that didn't exist before Monero came to invent it? And if not, why are you so ardent to support it?

This is an honest and neutral question. I don't have beef with anyone who likes Monero, even though one might think so.

Hello,

To be honest, I have no idea if XMR lacks innovation or has innovation. I am investing into it because of the community. Money is a social contract and if there are enough people thinking a commodity X is money then it is money. Gold coins has not that much innovation but I guess there are still some people thinking it is money. Surely it has been perceived as money no more than around 100 years. You can still buy those coins from dealers and ebay.

Money doesn't need innovation but it simply needs to be usable, safe and secure and above all, it needs people who are willing to collect it as much as possible (greed - yes it is a healthy thing despite some people might find this controversial).
Macrochip

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 06:40:50 PM

This is an honest and neutral question. I don't have beef with anyone who likes Monero, even though one might think so.

Hello,

To be honest, I have no idea if XMR lacks innovation or has innovation. I am investing into it because of the community. Money is a social contract and if there are enough people thinking a commodity X is money then it is money. Gold coins has not that much innovation but I guess there are still some people thinking it is money. Surely it has been perceived as money no more than around 100 years. You can still buy those coins from dealers and ebay.

Money doesn't need innovation but it simply needs to be usable, safe and secure and above all, it needs people who are willing to collect it as much as possible (greed - yes it is a healthy thing despite some people might find this controversial).

Thanks! With that specific set of priorities I can comprehend your decision of investment. Do you have any other coins that meet your criteria (no, this isn't a "Dash bait", any other coin)?

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:08:11 PM

Hello,

Thanks! With that specific set of priorities I can comprehend your decision of investment. Do you have any other coins that meet your criteria (no, this isn't a "Dash bait", any other coin)?

To be honest, I do not have.
But that might be also the lack of time to research every coin of coinmarketcap (like hundreds of cases).
Bitcoin obviously still has the majority of followers, then I think Monero has also people who are at least interested in the coin...

Edit: Etherium has a community and that is reflected by the trading volumes. Therefore I am interested in it but personally I am not investing into it at least for now... There is way too much volatility and the last thing I want to do is to buy and then get dumped instantly (this has happened with XMR btw many times).
MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:36:24 AM

wow, you are a kindest crypto knight i ever met, the monero community should start a fund to build a statue in you honor, or maybe to smooth? who deserves more?

lol, crypto knight, that's perfect. i think i'm gonna start using that as it accurately describes smooth and icebreaker and the rest of the monero marketing team .
i can't even make a mocking thread without them trying to take it over and crypto knight. they start these CJW (Crypto Justice Warrior) threads for all the coins not just DASH.
they've been called the crypto police many times before but crypto knight is perfect.

the topic of this thread is the monero cripplemined fastmine and how it will affect the coin. it is a response to a CJW thread started by hypocrites from the monero marketing team.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 08:39:08 AM

lol, crypto knight, that's perfect. i think i'm gonna start using that as it accurately describes smooth and icebreaker and the rest of the monero marketing team .
i can't even make a mocking thread without them trying to take it over and crypto knight. they start these CJW (Crypto Justice Warrior) threads for all the coins not just DASH.
they've been called the crypto police many times before but crypto knight is perfect.

the topic of this thread is the monero cripplemined fastmine and how it will affect the coin. it is a response to a CJW thread started by hypocrites from the monero marketing team.

So basically you're pointing out that your rambling is off-topic? Because I don't see anything in your post that could be construed as proof of an intentional miner crippling or that that indeed affects the coin, maybe you need a refresher on what you need to do? At this point, I'll probably have to post it every other post as you and your buddies seem easily distracted.

Haven't seen any of that alleged "evidence". Only evidence in here so far is that Monero was intentionally released as a cripplemine to the public rendering it a scam.

Do you have evidence that it was intentional?

Do you have evidence that it affects the coin negatively, as in invalidating any of its claims of decentralization or privacy?

If you don't have evidence of one, then you're left with the thread's title being false and a complete waste of time. As an example: I can show that dash is an oligarchy, whether intentional or not, due to the way their paynode scheme works. These systems are designed to work trustlessly, so any hiccups (intentional or not) should be invalidated by the design, not left-up to the good or bad intentions of those who are engaged with it.

btc_zero_sum

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 10:33:04 AM

they start these CJW (Crypto Justice Warrior) threads for all the coins not just DASH.

they reply any thread they get paid to troll, there is a contract to respect!
or would they really do this 24/7 for free?!
 Roll Eyes
unless they admit to be kind of mentally ill and so obsessed with monero (like one of their main investor), i don't get why this people cannot get a life and instead post the same shit over and over for months, oh wait i know why = $$$
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 10:41:57 AM

they start these CJW (Crypto Justice Warrior) threads for all the coins not just DASH.

they reply any thread they get paid to troll, there is a contract to respect!
or would they really do this 24/7 for free?!
 Roll Eyes
unless they admit to be kind of mentally ill and so obsessed with monero (like one of their main investor), i don't get why this people cannot get a life and instead post the same shit over and over for months, oh wait i know why = $$$

I smell projection.

Actually, and this insight is free of charge, I'm an INTJ and am more motivated by being right than anything else--you can look up the personality type and read for yourself that money isn't much of a motivator for people like myself. I suspect that some people are motivated out of a sense of duty and fair play also--though I'm not discounting that some are motivated by money, though I doubt they could maintain the type of continual back and forth, correcting faulty logic, pointing out holes in designs and argumentation, ect., that goes with a Free Open Source project such as Monero without having a better motive than greed. But you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to correct it, enjoy correcting it, and point out the flaw of projecting your own motives onto others (if that happens to be the case). It's a big world with many types of personalities, and I know this is tough, some people's motives will be as strange to you as another world if you ever stopped and considered their reasoning without the restrictions of myopia.  

Though, again, is anyone pointing out a flaw in Monero or an intention to scam by analyzing motives without evidence to back up their assertions?

MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:00:40 AM

Don't quote the trolls  Grin

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
barnaby47

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:28:14 PM

So much talk from the monero gang about "proving" a cripplemine.

Its completely unnecessary because there is doubt, a lot of doubt. Coupled with the other facts, this coin is doomed.
Macrochip

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 11:03:13 PM

Just dropping in to mention that Monero, the cripplemined, botnet-mined, ninjamined, innovationless, one trick pony, provable scam (which financially defrauded victims of the crippled scam-miner) should be relaunched.

The market obviously hates Monero, look at the charts, whenever the ninjamine-scammers try to manipulate the price to attract new victims another whale dumps a giant deuce on them, rushing to the exit. Or should I say: flushing  Grin

Monero - Cloning the premined uber-scam "Bytecoin" and avoid scanning the code for fraudulent algorithms
Monero - Insisting on having oh so much integrity yet irresponsibly/willfully shipping a crippled shit-miner to unsuspecting victims/"users"
Monero - Ninjamining an unknown shit-ton of coins within our inner circle through optimized miners while the public gets the crippled one
Monero - The perfect instrument for ninjamining because our CryptoNote-blockchain (aka copycat technology) is opaque
Monero - Projecting our fraud on DASH and yelling "instamine" because no one can see that we are the actual scammers!
Monero - Evan should have chosen CryptoNote for DASH to hide his 5 trillion DASH instamine like we did with our ninjamine!
Monero - Failing to come up with a single innovation of our own and yelling "stop playing the innovation card" when DASH is proven as superior (butthurt)

Monero - Cloning a scam, putting make up on the pig, hoping no one notices

Monero - Too little, too late

Monero -  Embarrassed

The FAILERO scam protecting in here is pretty desperate. Deflecting away the accusations by mentioning off topics is clearly a sign of guilt.

Moanero cloned a scam coin (Bytecoin). Why you ask? Because they KNEW, like everyone else, it was a scam
And yet didn't bother to check for scammy code? Is that feigning of ignorance credible? Definitely not.
Why? Because they claim to have so much integrity:

You won't find a more fair launch of any coin no will you find team behind a coin with more integrity than the Monero team in my opinion (though as a minor disclaimer, I don't know all of them outside of our work on Monero -- the work on Monero has been 100% above board and community-focused).

Advertising "fair launch" and yet they pushed a scammy crippleminer onto the public

Only when an outside party noticed the scam that was going on:

My concern with Monero is that optimized miner was always closed-source until a week in production. It happened each time the optimization takes place.

There was no closed source release of anything from the Monero project. It has all been released on github, when practical with accompanying Windows, Mac and Linux binaries. We can't control what everyone else does, but we have certainly encouraged optimized miner developers to share them, in one case offering a bounty (though it turned out not to be necessary as we independently developed comparable optimizations).

As far as I remember, it was me who was asking the questions and finally pushed NoodleDoodle to release the source of the first optimization "round". Where's my bounty then? Smiley

NoodleDoodle was not at the time a Monero developer. His first commit to github was the "optimized" (if you want to call it that) miner, which he developed on his own initiative as a individual miner. He was encouraged not only by you, but also by members of the Monero team to open source it, which he did. He has since contributed further optimizations.

As it turns out all these optimizations were really (very likely) un-de-optimizations. If you wanted them released earlier you should get after the bytecoin devs about it. They supposedly had two years to do it.

they bothered to make efforts to fix it.
Monero devs filled their pockets with optimized miners no one else had access to at the time and just when someone else noticed he could fix the scam miner himself they had to come clean. Too bad for him they had already mined a shit-ton before anyone found out.

Conclusion from evidence:

SCAM CONFIRMED.

Monero should relaunch because of the cripplemine scam at the beginning.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 01:45:42 AM

Monero - Cloning the premined uber-scam "Bytecoin" and avoid scanning the code for fraudulent algorithms
Monero - Insisting on having oh so much integrity yet irresponsibly/willfully shipping a crippled shit-miner to unsuspecting victims/"users"
Monero - Ninjamining an unknown shit-ton of coins within our inner circle through optimized miners while the public gets the crippled one
Monero - The perfect instrument for ninjamining because our CryptoNote-blockchain (aka copycat technology) is opaque
Monero - Projecting our fraud on DASH and yelling "instamine" because no one can see that we are the actual scammers!
Monero - Evan should have chosen CryptoNote for DASH to hide his 5 trillion DASH instamine like we did with our ninjamine!
Monero - Failing to come up with a single innovation of our own and yelling "stop playing the innovation card" when DASH is proven as superior (butthurt)

Monero - Cloning a scam, putting make up on the pig, hoping no one notices

Monero - Too little, too late

Monero -  Embarrassed

Forgot the artificial barrier to entry (to keep noobz out and increase insider sharing) due to the ...cmd-line nature of the coin...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: