Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:02:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IOTA] IOTA Speculation  (Read 171551 times)
yumei

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:38:42 PM

Being efficient and accurate is very different and much easier than being sensitive, diplomatic and courteous.

You guys clearly have many skill sets, but I think it is quite obvious to everyone that your communication skills are limited to getting the point across; you don't have friendly or warm personas in your dealings with the community and you haven't inspired great feelings of filial unity.

Rather than snapping back with justification and defence (as I'm sure you will want to do) why not simply acknowledge what is a pretty modest weakness? A lot of communication could have been handled better. It's no big deal, it's not your remit. I'd rather you were blunt (also infers 'insensitive') as you are dealing with business and real world application.

I was a community manager for 6 years, the skills required to galvanise and grow a community are quite different and much more common than the skills you have. I wish you'd just listened to us earlier and got yassin or someone to act as your community manager (I'm retired and not volunteering lol).  Wink

I mean you no disrespect David, none of us are perfect and you have done amazing things worthy of great praise and respect. You have earned the right to be a little acerbic, but don't bother defending the accusations of insensitivity, just own it and move on.

Anyway.... Yumei, I don't have to be diplomatic as I have nothing to do with the project really. You are an idiot. Never in a million years would I have fallen for that. 10btc per Ti?Huh Pasting that convo as defence reveals how easily a fool and his money are parted. Did you even research the price first? Why do you think he'd sell at so much below the going rate? Ever heard of something being too good to be true and needing to be double-checked? You are a mug! Dom would have been right to take the mick if he'd been a random user and not associated with the project. He's also a young, smart bloke, we all know how quick they are with their tongues. Are you really that surprised by standard human behaviour and lack of empathy from young geeky dudes? Grow up and stop venting here, the blame all sits squarely on your shoulders and no one owes you any sympathy or understanding. This is a decentralised project, not your average customer relations issue with business operators. They don't care about diplomacy; I don't think it matters a huge amount at this stage and with this kind of project, so what you gonna do about it? Grow a pair and act like a man.

Yes you would not in million years, you might be an computer scientist or whatever, my biggest mistake was not being familar with slack and the options to change his username to the exact same name like the operator of the channel. At least on forums it is not possible without hijacking the accounts and on IRC you can register your nick as well. I also worked several years in the IT business and I learned not to be too prejudiced, I learned to be open for new ways and for risks to have success.
I am not sure if you are in a position to blame IOTAtoken for his rude behaviour as you are pointing me as an idiot as well. This words are per se offensive and you have a lot of alternatives for them.
But I am not surprised, this kind of egocentric, arrogant behaviour is common in northern europe as a result of their cultural identity but it is NOT COMMON in the most parts of the world, at least where I have been living before. And I am publishing this kind of behaviour and trying to argue against and to pick out the wrongfulness, so everyone can have his own opinion.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:50:57 PM

@yumei keep your chin up.  I know from personal experience it hurts like a kick to the cock at the moment but you will soon move on and forget about it and claw the losses back from future ventures.

There is still good money to be made from Iota just grab them from a reliable source next time around.
yumei

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:54:12 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2016, 09:07:08 PM by yumei

So again: feel free to say/think whatever you want of me/us, but as someone who is religiously attached to rationality and objective truth I will continue to point out when you are wrong.

You are joking aren´t you? You might thinking being rational and objective. But from what you are writing I would say you are egocentric and ignorant. I gave you some examples, but like all egocentric people you are not even able to change your point of view. It´s ok, that the way some people living in your country, but don´t tell us things you aren´t!
yumei

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 09:00:06 PM

@yumei keep your chin up.  I know from personal experience it hurts like a kick to the cock at the moment but you will soon move on and forget about it and claw the losses back from future ventures.

There is still good money to be made from Iota just grab them from a reliable source next time around.

Thanks for the kind words. When I getting on the nerves of all nice guys here, I will stop complaining about IOTA Devs / warning of the trading slack channel.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 09:34:43 PM

When I getting on the nerves of all nice guys here, I will stop complaining about IOTA Devs / warning of the trading slack channel.

Strange, I asked 3 times to give me BTC address or hash of your 10 BTC transfer. Are you sure it did happen?
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 09:44:17 PM

Strange, I asked 3 times to give me BTC address or hash of your 10 BTC transfer. Are you sure it did happen?
+1440  Grin
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 09:47:26 PM

+1440  Grin

Admiral_bit is making drama, pretend he has been scummed at 10 BTC  Huh
yumei

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:18:17 PM

When I getting on the nerves of all nice guys here, I will stop complaining about IOTA Devs / warning of the trading slack channel.

I am not interested to give autistics kids like you any source to my bitcoin transactions. If you didn´t read already, here was my answer for you again:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1440112.msg16088250#msg16088250
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:25:59 PM

Hmm, Admiral_bit is not as stupid as I used to think  Roll Eyes
Jabbawa

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:31:44 PM

"You are free to have whatever opinion you want of me, but I encourage you to take a look through the times I have been what you deem 'disrespectful', I cannot recall a single time I have not been proven right, but you are free to give me an example where I have been."

I never once accused you of being "disrespectful"? I quite clearly said I have a high opinion of you and never used that word.

"but as someone who is religiously attached to rationality and objective truth I will continue to point out when you are wrong."

Apparently not? Since the word you've quoted and asked me to justify is not a word I used and not one I would use! You are professional, not disrespectful. Wink

The only vague insult I levelled at you was completely true, that you can be a little "acerbic", as can CFB and Dom from time to time. It's no big deal, you don't need to defend yourself so passionately. It's ok to just shrug it off and say 'meh, yeah maybe we could have been a little bit more sensitive on occasion'. I also framed my comments with plenty of deserved compliments that you ignored. I'm a lot further from perfect than any of you I'm sure.

"ascerbic":    sharp, sarcastic, sardonic, satirical, scathing, cutting, razor-edged, incisive, penetrating, piercing, biting, stinging, searing, keen...

If you're really attached to rationality and objective truth then I recommend you broaden the horizon and spend a very worthwhile 3 hours learning something from a true genius about non-violent communication. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwXH4hNfgPg

NVC changed my life. I was much more like you guys before I watched that video for the first time lol Wink. You'll never look at communication issues in the same way again.

It certainly helps make communication more effective and pleasant when we consider it from a "feelings and needs" perspective. Marshall passed away recently, but his legacy has grown into a global movement. You just need to get past the cringe-making song in the first 5 mins. Once you are half-way through you'll already see then genius of it, if you're half as smart as you seem to be Wink.

I am not trying to teach you anything David, you are the one doing things to change the world, I'm just saying what I see and sharing what I know, and I'm obviously saying it poorly because I'm making you defensive instead of constructive. I suspect I need to go back and watch that video for the fifth time myself Wink.

Much love to you David, I'm sorry you saw more of the criticism than compliments in my post, I really do appreciate what you do for the project and you can see that if you re-read my post again with a constructive frame of mind instead of a defensive one. I agree that your attitude has been somewhat necessary, although I do contend that NVC would have helped you handle it 'better'.

Jabbawa

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:48:19 PM

And none of this is relevant with this dude getting scammed. You should not be nannying him and none of you have handled it badly at all. It wasn't this guy I was referring to when I originally agreed with someone else's comment that communication skills were not top of the list on iota's talent board and I was mainly agreeing to the last part telling him to 'move on'.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 11:29:56 PM

I am not interested to give autistics kids like you any source to my bitcoin transactions. If you didn´t read already, here was my answer for you again:

I'm not surprised by this answer at all.
rnr

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:02:05 AM

@Cfb: Of course not, he even don´t know who you are  Grin

So, please, anybody want to sell me 1 Ti below the current OTC rate?  Shocked Tongue
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:40:40 AM

You know what happens if you don't provide the hash? Everyone will think that you invented the story.

Hi admiral bit.
titan20

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:24:03 PM

Selling 1 Ti for 20 btc.

Escrow Yassin or Seccour

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
yumei

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:41:15 PM

I repeatedly stated that I won´t publish my Bitcoin-Transaction, otherwise anybody would be able to associate my nickname with some of my older Bitcoin-Transactions.

Anyway I already sent the Link to the IOTA Slack Conversation Log and as far as I know all the IOTA Slack Admins are able to read this Chat-History with my Bitcoin-Address included where I sent the Bitcoins. Here the link to the Chat-Conversation again: https://iotatangle.slack.com/archives/D265GEA84/s1472507814000002

Furthermore are respected members welcome to check my Bitcoin-Transaction to the scammer, as long they keep the data secret

"Come-From-Behind" removed all my message on another topic using the false pretense that I am a lier, although he was able to verifiy the Chat-Conversation or to ask a bitcointalk moderator to verifiy my Bitcoin-transaction to the scammer

So I had to start a new topic with all the information included, please take a look her before you consider to

1. Buy IOTA on the IOTA Slack Channel
2. Know more about the IOTA Founder, CO-Founder and Devs.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1602788.0

iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:44:51 PM

I repeatedly stated that I won´t publish my Bitcoin-Transaction, otherwise anybody would be able to associate my nickname with some of my older Bitcoin-Transactions.

Anyway I already sent the Link to the IOTA Slack Conversation Log and as far as I know all the IOTA Slack Admins are able to read this Chat-History with my Bitcoin-Address included where I sent the Bitcoins. Here the link to the Chat-Conversation again: https://iotatangle.slack.com/archives/D265GEA84/s1472507814000002

Furthermore are respected members welcome to check my Bitcoin-Transaction to the scammer, as long they keep the data secret

"Come-From-Behind" removed all my message on another topic using the false pretense that I am a lier, although he was able to verifiy the Chat-Conversation or to ask a bitcointalk moderator to verifiy my Bitcoin-transaction to the scammer

So I had to start a new topic with all the information included, please take a look her before you consider to

1. Buy IOTA on the IOTA Slack Channel
2. Know more about the IOTA Founder, CO-Founder and Devs.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1602788.0

Haha you're an embarrassment to all thinking creatures.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:45:41 PM

I am not interested to give autistics kids like you any source to my bitcoin transactions.

Anyway I already sent the Link to the IOTA Slack Conversation Log and as far as I know all the IOTA Slack Admins are able to read this Chat-History with my Bitcoin-Address included where I sent the Bitcoins.

I hope you didn't know that I'm a Iota Slack admin, otherwise your skill of logical thinking upsets me...

PS: BTW, is it true that Slack admins can read DMs?
yumei

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 08:07:32 PM

Haha you're an embarrassment to all thinking creatures.

Oh from someone explicate himselve with intellectual attitudes it´s somehow weak what you are saying.
Especially when you said that your maxims are rationality and objectivism?
Am I an embarrassment to all thinking creatures or do you have enormous deficits to emphasize with other human beings?
You sound like you are angry, maybe you can feel just a little bit like me now.

I have a tip for you:
Try to think from other peoples positions and travel the world and then you might understand sometime that being rude or what you say is "straightforward" isn´t a good constructive attitude at all.
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:03:21 PM

I am not interested to give autistics kids like you any source to my bitcoin transactions.

Anyway I already sent the Link to the IOTA Slack Conversation Log and as far as I know all the IOTA Slack Admins are able to read this Chat-History with my Bitcoin-Address included where I sent the Bitcoins.

I hope you didn't know that I'm a Iota Slack admin, otherwise your skill of logical thinking upsets me...

PS: BTW, is it true that Slack admins can read DMs?

Of course not, no one would use it if that was the case

Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: