Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:46:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kindly help; R7950 farm, still usable for something?  (Read 1321 times)
GeorgeAurea (OP)

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:01:54 PM

A friend of mine has a R7950 farm, and I would like to know on his behalf if it is still usable for mining coins, perhaps accompanied by some global/estimated statistics if possible. I know ASIC mining, but I know jack about GPU mining.

It concerns 40 pieces of the XFX type; I am already aware these are somewhat crappy cards, but I would like to know which algorithms can be mined with GPU's, and which would be best suited for GPU's. The SHA256 and Scrypt algorithm can be left out.
If possible, kindly provide some roughly estimated hash speed(s) along with the corresponding algorithm(s); doesn't have to be exact, just some rough numbers; I would highly appreciate such.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:06:02 PM

My 7950's are mining ETH at the moment. They were on Feathercoin for awhile but I switched to ETH when the price jumped up however Feather jumped up the past few days as well. Look into them both.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
GeorgeAurea (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:18:12 PM

My 7950's are mining ETH at the moment. They were on Feathercoin for awhile but I switched to ETH when the price jumped up however Feather jumped up the past few days as well. Look into them both.

Thank you, will do.

And what algorithms are your 7950's set at, and what rough speed do you reach with them?
AmDD
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:21:51 PM

Whatever Ether uses, I just mine and sell the coins for BTC. I have no interest in the coin other than profit.
Feathercoin uses NeoScrypt.

On Ether I get about 19MH/s per 7950
On FTC I get about 400KH/s per 7950 (if I remember right)

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:21:01 PM

Whatever Ether uses, I just mine and sell the coins for BTC. I have no interest in the coin other than profit.

I am just curious, roughly how much profit do you earn per day per 7950 GPU, after subtracting electricity?

Don't account for hardware amortization, just electricity cost.

AmDD
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:58:25 PM

I am just curious, roughly how much profit do you earn per day per 7950 GPU, after subtracting electricity?

Some quick and dirty math tells me I make about $1.70 or so per day per 7950 after electrical cost. This is mining Ether and at current price.

The cards are old and paid for themselves back when you could GPU mine Litecoin so its all profit now (minus electricity). Ive considered building a larger farm but Im not sure Im comfortable with the risk. Also not sure I can efficiently cool any more.

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 07:02:41 AM

why are you pushing FTC here for god's sake? are both these accounts yours? I bet they are. Why not recommend coinwarz?

GeorgeAurea (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:23:40 AM

why are you pushing FTC here for god's sake? are both these accounts yours? I bet they are. Why not recommend coinwarz?

?

My question is genuine. I do not know what FTC stands for, and just googled coinwarz to see what that is about.
And no, I bet you back both accounts are not mine. I use only 1, which is this one. Be my guest and check it out, you did jumped a bit early to assumed conclusions my friend...
Tacalt

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:00:43 AM

That is right. It is quite profitable to mine the Ethereum at the moment. But the difficulty is rising fast.
spiz0r

Activity: 340

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:43:11 AM

Some quick and dirty math tells me I make about $1.70 or so per day per 7950 after electrical cost. This is mining Ether and at current price.

The cards are old and paid for themselves back when you could GPU mine Litecoin so its all profit now (minus electricity). Ive considered building a larger farm but Im not sure Im comfortable with the risk. Also not sure I can efficiently cool any more.

ETH and X11 coins still profitable, but now ETH the best.
It's not a good time to buy new hardware. Just run the old cards and make some extra profit. Also if you want to sell the 7950 cards now you can sell them for a good price. In my country a used 7950 worth 150-200 USD.

AmDD
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:43:41 PM

Pushing it hard? Calm down, killer. I answered a question based on personal experience. While it may not be the top coin, its been a steady profit for awhile and recently the price jumped up (probably just a PnD but still).

Tacalt

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:33:33 PM

It's not a good time to buy new hardware. Just run the old cards and make some extra profit. Also if you want to sell the 7950 cards now you can sell them for a good price. In my country a used 7950 worth 150-200 USD.

Is Etheruem mining still better than X11 mining? The price of Ethereum has dropped a lot and the difficlty has risen a lot.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:41:32 PM

Is Etheruem mining still better than X11 mining? The price of Ethereum has dropped a lot and the difficlty has risen a lot.

If you have a huge GPU farm I would break it down and sell half now whilst there is still a good price for these cards. I mean I see these 7950 going for 60-65% of brand new gen cards of the same level. That is a good price after 2-3 years of use out of them. If eth mining becomes unprofitable again these cards will sink.

btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:15:11 PM

fuck mining,
i wish i had those cards, with that hardware i would build a cloud based password cracking service, in long term i believe would be much more profitable than mining any worthless coin
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 03:25:32 PM

has FTC come even close to eth in mining profit lately?

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:18:46 PM

Some guy on the Eth forums said it was 50% more profitable.  I haven't been following price - so maybe there was a short term pump?
GeorgeAurea (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:14:44 PM

Many thanks for your contributions thus far.

How about the Qubit algorithm, might that something worth doing as well with those cards?
Argon18

Activity: 442

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:27:28 PM

Mine Diamond coins and sell the crap out of it before it tanks.
Groestl Algo

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.0

Dev team so slack, they never fixed the Timewarp issue.

Cheers,
AG18

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
AmDD
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:42:42 PM

Based on my rough calculation, ETH is still more profitable but FTC is much higher than its been. I also personally see more value in FTC than ETH but others may not feel this way.

kwaasteniet

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:17:57 PM

A friend of mine has a R7950 farm, and I would like to know on his behalf if it is still usable for mining coins, perhaps accompanied by some global/estimated statistics if possible. I know ASIC mining, but I know jack about GPU mining.

It concerns 40 pieces of the XFX type; I am already aware these are somewhat crappy cards, but I would like to know which algorithms can be mined with GPU's, and which would be best suited for GPU's. The SHA256 and Scrypt algorithm can be left out.
If possible, kindly provide some roughly estimated hash speed(s) along with the corresponding algorithm(s); doesn't have to be exact, just some rough numbers; I would highly appreciate such.

With ccminer (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=826901.0) you can mine
                          anime       use to mine Animecoin
                          blake       use to mine NEOS (Blake 256)
                          blakecoin   use to mine Old Blake 256
                          deep        use to mine Deepcoin
                          dmd-gr      use to mine Diamond-Groestl
                          fresh       use to mine Freshcoin
                          fugue256    use to mine Fuguecoin
                          groestl     use to mine Groestlcoin
                          heavy       use to mine Heavycoin
                          jackpot     use to mine Jackpotcoin
                          keccak      use to mine Maxcoin
                          luffa       use to mine Doomcoin
                          lyra2       use to mine Vertcoin
                          mjollnir    use to mine Mjollnircoin