Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:04:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [old thread] - RISE | DPOS | APPS & DAPPS  (Read 653212 times)
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:24:29 PM

Could you give more information about your investment solutions?

Sure.

We're going to establish a real estate development company, called Acre, using a portion of the ICO funds.

A team is in the process of being put together and once confirmed will be listed on the Acre part of the rise.vision website. I'd like to bring in expertise of architects Richard and Peter Lucking (based in France and US respectively) and several well established people in the building industry. The Acre team, including myself, will complete the first projects using as much in house skills as possible (keeping costs down) and depending on success recruit more people as the company grows.

The aim is to scale up Acre like any fledgling business and into something that is self funding in it's growth and asset accumulation.

That would mean Acre building and selling properties (to increase working capital) then moving onto build to lets which in turn would fund even more build to lets....

A % of profits would be paid to anybody holding Rise and or Acre. There may be separate funding rounds to help Acre start new projects but initially all Rise holders will be entitled to Acre tokens.

Because Acre is a traditional business model returns to investors would initially get a return on a project by project basis.

Here is a brief overview of an Acre development showing the kind of profits that would be returned to investors / Rise holders. It also goes on to show the potential for growth.

Step 1: The first build.

A 9 unit apartment build in my area of France would cost approx 600,000 euros including land, materials and labour.

The sale price of each apartment would be in the region of 110,000 euros. Total sales price one million euros (approx).

400K euros taxable profits.

After tax (could be more or less depending on the type of company founded) leaves approx 300K euros net profit.

50% of those profits goes back into the Acre company treasury for expansion.

50% i.e 150K euros is shared out to all Rise / Acre holders.

Step 2: The second build/s

With 750K euros now available we can build 12 apartments.

1.32M euro sale price minus 750K costs.

Steps 3 and on... Once we are in a position to build 20 apartments they can be rented out, providing Acre a constant return of approx 12,000 euros per month.

Now Acre can be grown in a semi autonomous way in that it can and finance new builds without selling assets.

At this stage and at the end of each year 50% of after tax profits go to Acre token holders.

There could be a possibility to vote on selling assets in order to free up capital for faster growth, but between here and there... it's a long way to go! Smiley

Wasnt expecting that!
This has been done before. Lost track of where it is currently, but last time i looked, it was still operating. Seem to remember their problem was the volatility of BTC against their asset valuations.

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=RENT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jdr0dn3y

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

AO Blockchain Founder | Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 12:34:33 PM

Community Chat Announcement

We are transitioning away from Slack, due to some issues we have had with getting people invited to it, and with reports of its lack of scalability, among other things.

We are moving to Hipchat, which for now is going to be the free version, but we have applied for an open source license from Atlasssian, and if approved, we will have full enterprise Atlasssian suite to manage all of Rise.Vision, including community forums, documentation pages, and project management tools.

Invite Link for Hipchat: https://risevisionfoundation.hipchat.com/invite/576795/b07256e1abd0fccb4377a945f1c5f80d

If anyone has any issues, please contact me via PM.

Thanks!
Justin D.
Daneal

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

BnkToTheFuture.com

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:59:17 PM

I have follow and RT your Twitter.
https://twitter.com/Daneal_Untitled

Developer- Create your own ICO - 100+ REFERENCE PROJECTS
Simple858

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 01:25:41 PM

Greek translation is now complete thanks to killerjoegreece

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1465148.msg14787241#msg14787241

Dutch translation has been reserved by Fruitsbasket.

A reminder... we do not accept copy and paste translations that have been run via translation software, in general they are nonsensical.

Please keep translations manual (hand typed) only.

Hi

also Slovenian is ready (with brain translated and hand typed):
http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=7949.0

Simple858

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 02:04:50 PM

To spread the word about RISE I have made a copy of OP on The Altcoinboard:
https://thealtcoinboard.com/index.php?topic=211.0

Let RISE to the MOON  Grin

RiseVision (OP)

Activity: 196

RISE Team Account

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 02:22:29 PM

Greek translation is now complete thanks to killerjoegreece

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1465148.msg14787241#msg14787241

Dutch translation has been reserved by Fruitsbasket.

A reminder... we do not accept copy and paste translations that have been run via translation software, in general they are nonsensical.

Please keep translations manual (hand typed) only.

Hi

also Slovenian is ready (with brain translated and hand typed):
http://[Suspicious link removed]/forum/index.php?topic=7949.0

Thank you for the Slovenian translation, added to the OP!

Edit: With our still in newbie status it won't let us post outside links like [Suspicious link removed]

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 02:43:39 PM

So a LISK clone doing an ICO after LISK ICO has finished (and LISK is about to be released)?

What's the point?  LISK will be out very soon and nobody will even remember this. 

Remember the ETHER clones that tried to launch before it came out? 

- No - well that's the point and they were at least trying to do it before ETHER/ETHEREUM was released.

This is a good way to lose Bitcoins.
Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 02:59:29 PM

Wasnt expecting that!
This has been done before. Lost track of where it is currently, but last time i looked, it was still operating. Seem to remember their problem was the volatility of BTC against their asset valuations.

Looks interesting and thanks for pointing it out. I hope that our model will offer more due to the tech development of Rise.

It's a good sign that their similar RE investment component is still active almost 3 years later.

As they mention being mainly a fiat driven business I think the key is not to hold onto BTC for too long because of the risk of volatility. Investments would have to get changed for fiat pronto then at the end profits earned in fiat to be converted to btc (crypto) and paid out asap.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:55:05 PM

Wasnt expecting that!

Looks interesting and thanks for pointing it out. I hope that our model will offer more due to the tech development of Rise.

It's a good sign that their similar RE investment component is still active almost 3 years later.

As they mention being mainly a fiat driven business I think the key is not to hold onto BTC for too long because of the risk of volatility. Investments would have to get changed for fiat pronto then at the end profits earned in fiat to be converted to btc (crypto) and paid out asap.
Yep, you got it. Bit of a juggling act/judgement call, re when to convert and how much, and at the mercy of exchange rate. Im sure there was a system, ish  Undecided  Easier to hedge these days, of course.

So where does the impetus come from, going down this path? Have you project managed these type of builds before? What area of France are you looking for land? 
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:59:30 PM

Could you give more information about your investment solutions?

Sure.

We're going to establish a real estate development company, called Acre, using a portion of the ICO funds.

A team is in the process of being put together and once confirmed will be listed on the Acre part of the rise.vision website. I'd like to bring in expertise of architects Richard and Peter Lucking (based in France and US respectively) and several well established people in the building industry. The Acre team, including myself, will complete the first projects using as much in house skills as possible (keeping costs down) and depending on success recruit more people as the company grows.

The aim is to scale up Acre like any fledgling business and into something that is self funding in it's growth and asset accumulation.

That would mean Acre building and selling properties (to increase working capital) then moving onto build to lets which in turn would fund even more build to lets....

A % of profits would be paid to anybody holding Rise and or Acre. There may be separate funding rounds to help Acre start new projects but initially all Rise holders will be entitled to Acre tokens.

Because Acre is a traditional business model returns to investors would initially get a return on a project by project basis.

Here is a brief overview of an Acre development showing the kind of profits that would be returned to investors / Rise holders. It also goes on to show the potential for growth.

Step 1: The first build.

A 9 unit apartment build in my area of France would cost approx 600,000 euros including land, materials and labour.

The sale price of each apartment would be in the region of 110,000 euros. Total sales price one million euros (approx).

400K euros taxable profits.

After tax (could be more or less depending on the type of company founded) leaves approx 300K euros net profit.

50% of those profits goes back into the Acre company treasury for expansion.

50% i.e 150K euros is shared out to all Rise / Acre holders.

Step 2: The second build/s

With 750K euros now available we can build 12 apartments.

1.32M euro sale price minus 750K costs.

Steps 3 and on... Once we are in a position to build 20 apartments they can be rented out, providing Acre a constant return of approx 12,000 euros per month.

Now Acre can be grown in a semi autonomous way in that it can and finance new builds without selling assets.

At this stage and at the end of each year 50% of after tax profits go to Acre token holders.

There could be a possibility to vote on selling assets in order to free up capital for faster growth, but between here and there... it's a long way to go! Smiley

Wasnt expecting that!

This will attract not only crypto currency investors but mroe traditional brick and mortar types into this ICO..So I will be includign this in my write up for RISE if that is o.k and I have permission to do so.  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Antoshapr

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 05:33:55 PM

I dont undastand what is it?Huh
Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 05:38:36 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2016, 12:46:19 AM by Alty

Wasnt expecting that!

Yep, you got it. Bit of a juggling act/judgement call, re when to convert and how much, and at the mercy of exchange rate. Im sure there was a system, ish  Undecided  Easier to hedge these days, of course.

So where does the impetus come from, going down this path? Have you project managed these type of builds before? What area of France are you looking for land?  

The idea came naturally to me. I spent 4 years getting 2 levels of qualifications as a builder in the French apprenticeship system. In a couple of years of being qualified as a builder I worked my way up to "chef d'equipe" level in various French companies which involved working with Vinci Construction (the worlds largest construction company I was surprised to discover). I've undertaken and been a part of all kinds of projects from building small things like garden terraces to walls to houses, schools and multi story apartment blocks and even a retirement home. But to be honest it's not the size of the job that counts it's the size and skills of the team for that particular job.

Wanting to make things a bit more interesting than working for other people I started a company which involved sub contracting house builds. I decided to close that company when I got heavily into Crypto in 2013.

Recently I completed an obligatory 4 day course at the "Chambre de Metiers" in order to re-open a building company. There are lots of english people living in the Vendee and that brings in a fair amount of work. Atm I'm undertaking small works like garages and extensions.

I've learned enough to be able to handle small to medium sized constructions. Small being a single house, actually just finishing up one now... here's a pic.

I built that house with as little help as possible to keep the costs down but drafted in some help when there wasn't really an option. Certified electrician being an example of something you can't do without.

Medium, would be something like a 10 unit apartment build. I could handle medium builds with a team of independent "artisans". Just need to manage the right people for the right jobs. Also a big plus would be getting the help of a first cousin who lives not too far from me, he happens to be an architect and I'd enlist his help for sure when needed.
snowman8

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:19:55 PM

Escrow:

We are finishing the negotiations with our independent escrow multisig signers.

The first person is John L. Jegutanis, CTO of Coinomi

The second person is set to be Richie Lai, a founder of Bittrex

Solid choices!! 2 days I'll be investing for the 25% bonus. Good luck Rise team.  Wink
Valodja

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:29:10 PM

I want to have a lot of Rise
https://twitter.com/Val0dja
cryptocrypt

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:35:51 PM

I want to have a lot of Rise
https://twitter.com/Val0dja

Maybe you'd better come in here first to fill out the form

Hey everyone. We have now automated the Twitter bounty campaign. Use the form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1itdZHlPpwgmkPZ4NO1u9pN98LRL7DwypwA5cTx7db5w/viewform

You can see if you are on the sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vgjI5uSi7naVWogPkpgpoHfOQDC9LoEIYLI20mqKweE/edit?usp=sharing
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:01:55 PM

Will the coin be tradable upon launch?
St.Stephan

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:13:12 PM

Wasnt expecting that!

Yep, you got it. Bit of a juggling act/judgement call, re when to convert and how much, and at the mercy of exchange rate. Im sure there was a system, ish  Undecided  Easier to hedge these days, of course.

The idea came naturally to me. I spent 4 years getting 2 levels of qualifications as a builder in the French apprenticeship system. In a couple of years of being qualified as a builder I worked my way up to "chef d'equipe" level in various French companies which involved working with Vinci Construction (the worlds largest construction company I was surprised to discover). I've undertaken and been a part of all kinds of projects from building small things like garden terraces to walls to houses, schools and multi story apartment blocks and even a retirement home. But to be honest it's not the size of the job that counts it's the size and skills of the team for that particular job.

Wanting to make things a bit more interesting than working for other people I started a company which involved sub contracting house builds. I decided to close that company when I got heavily into Crypto in 2013.

Recently I completed an obligatory 4 day course at the "Chambre de Metiers" in order to re-open a building company. There are lots of english people living in the Vendee and that brings in a fair amount of work. Atm I'm undertaking small works like garages and extensions.

I've learned enough to be able to handle small to medium sized constructions. Small being a single house, actually just finishing up one now... here's a pic.

I built that house with as little help as possible to keep the costs down but drafted in some help when there wasn't really an option. Certified electrician being an example of something you can't do without.

Medium, would be something like a 10 unit apartment build. I could handle medium builds with a team of independent "artisans". Just need to manage the right people for the right jobs. Also a big plus would be getting the help of a first cousin who lives not too far from me, he happens to be an architect and I'd enlist his help for sure when needed.

Hmmm, you left out the six months of scamming everyone who trusted you in Cloak. Or is this a different Alty?
scifi.rem

Activity: 168

RISE Co-Founder

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:44:55 PM

Good discussion in here. I was off to a mother's day luncheon half the morning.  Cheesy

Will the coin be tradable upon launch?
The coin will be tradable as soon as it is picked up by an exchange.

Hmmm, you left out the six months of scamming everyone who trusted you in Cloak. Or is this a different Alty?
Alty (Cormac) was abandoned by his developer and did the right thing by handing over the closed source code to somebody that could take it over. The reason Justin and I brought him on as Project Manager was because he was the one that not only brought Cloakcoin its branding, but its philosophy. It was those two things that brought Cloak its amazing and memorable success in 2014. Many who have been around a while witnessed this. If you look at the coin now, unlike many that were pumped and dumped and were left to die, Cloak is still trading at a $500k marketcap.

Right now Cormac is not just our Project Manager with the exact expertise we're looking for, but part of our agreement when we brought him into the project, was that he didn't want to be placed in the same situation he was in before... He wanted some level of control and some guarantee Justin and I wouldn't abandon him. This was partly how Acre came into fruition.

Also, reading back through the previous discussions, people need to realize that Acre is just a bonus project. We have a lot of things leading up to that with Rise. Please read our White Paper here https://rise.vision/blog/post/rise-technology-white-paper

For those saying it's another Lisk clone, please read and understand that this is simply a starting point.

Join RISE in SLACK!
somacoin

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 08:26:15 PM

Are there any languages left for translation? What are you looking for? Smiley
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 08:33:29 PM

Wasnt expecting that!

Thanks for sharing, Cormac.
Love the fact you can swap between two very different disciplines. You are a rare breed, for sure. I say that, as a qualified tradesman myself. We need to brain-storm how crypto can be used in the building game, me thinks. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: