Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:14:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [old thread] - RISE | DPOS | APPS & DAPPS  (Read 653212 times)
McVenture

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

RISE Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 01:08:37 AM

We need an update guys.

The Rise development team is currently working on designing the new Architecture for Consensus / delegates mechanism and performing feasibility studies. We're waiting for these to be completed before we can announce with certainty what direction and approach we're going to be taking to solve the previously reported challenges we faced with the current code base. Below is the list of issues that the dev team is working to resolve with the new Architecture:

- Slow system speed - 10> Transactions per second - Above this causes forks
- DDoS Vulnerabilities in multiple core system packages that require significant updates to resolve
- Spotty delegate communication
- High resource usage for nodes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrowdFunder

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 02:09:19 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2016, 02:42:30 AM by CrowdFunder

RISE UPDATE

As promised the Rise Expense Report for July - October 2016 has now been published on the RISE Forum.

Link->  http://forum.rise.vision/topic/69/expense-report-july-october-2016

Thank you for the good laugh.

So you only used 150k$ since july ?  Cheesy

It's a good thing that "Don't panic consulting" is nice enough to absorb some of all those huge "cost".

It gets better and better. Please keep the update coming.
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:45:07 AM

RISE UPDATE

As promised the Rise Expense Report for July - October 2016 has now been published on the RISE Forum.

Thank you for the good laugh.

So you only used 150k$ since july ?  Cheesy

It's a good thing that "Don't panic consulting" is nice enough to absorb some of all those huge "cost".

It gets better and better. Please keep the update coming.

How convenient lol, outsourcing to a company  Justin owns, how fucken convenient. They basically paid themselves 140$k for 4 months of kitchen work, and delegate system still being worked on. Not bad a 35k$/month bill to the founder of RISE and CEO of don't panic consulting LOL!.

Not bad, living off of people's hard earned money while waiting for LISK to release their working delegate system to just snatch it from them and claim they spent all that cash working on it. For sure Alty's idea, fucker been milking people's pockets way before cloak coin, yes he had other coins and pumped and dumped.

The price proves this project is a sham and a complete waste of time, never trust a twitchy mother fucker, must of been having trouble living off welfare.

Hopefully they'll get what's coming to them, karma's a bitch.

Just a quick question, not sure if I got this right but if the ICO funds are considered as donations and their paying a third party company which they own funds for fake work. Isn't that considered money laundering?

PS. After reading a few pages back, this all looks planned and staged. A nice little scam going on, pretty sure Alty is the master mind behind it all. He has alot of experience in his field, thieving prick.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 08:34:21 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2016, 08:45:35 AM by Geenstijl

We need an update guys.

The Rise development team is currently working on designing the new Architecture for Consensus / delegates mechanism and performing feasibility studies. We're waiting for these to be completed before we can announce with certainty what direction and approach we're going to be taking to solve the previously reported challenges we faced with the current code base. Below is the list of issues that the dev team is working to resolve with the new Architecture:

- Slow system speed - 10> Transactions per second - Above this causes forks
- DDoS Vulnerabilities in multiple core system packages that require significant updates to resolve
- Spotty delegate communication
- High resource usage for nodes

Allright. Thanks for the update. Regarding the expenses. I think it is normal that the company does the the developments sends bills to the foundation. I worked as a fiscal expert at one of "the big four" and I saw this really often. There are some things to watch out though... of course many people abuse these kind of organisational structures.

The fact that the management of the foundation and the management of dpc are so closely related could cause troubles when donators can prove that another party would have brought better results. They could argue that the management of the foundation based their choices on the basis of friendship rather than what's in the best interests of the donators. This is no form of money laundering, it's bankruptcy fraud. In this case DPC will not be liable, however the members of the board of the foundation can be held personally accountable.

I would just like to advice that as long as you guys feel that you are making the right decisions, keep going the way you are doing.

Now if this is possible i am also curious to know what the expected expenses are in the upcoming 6 months. I assume that such forecasts are made in advance..
coinmenace

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 11:44:20 AM

RISE UPDATE

Link->  http://forum.rise.vision/topic/69/expense-report-july-october-2016

Wow. 140K for the Don't Panic Consulting. And investors should not panic now?

A lot are still ongoing - even the released SDK are still marked ongoing.
Code documentation of rise-core codebase - isn't this the part copied from Lisk?
Delegate system API + "Extensive Testing" - you already developed the delegate system and already did extensive testing? I thought this is not working (since Lisk has not made it work yet) and you'll start from scratch.

Office costs absorbed by Don't Panic Consulting - which did not have an office until Early August (remember the Kitchen Office) - you sure Rise did not give a dime for that? So nice of DPC.
McVenture

RISE Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 12:35:16 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2016, 12:49:21 PM by McVenture

RISE UPDATE

Wow. 140K for the Don't Panic Consulting. And investors should not panic now?

A lot are still ongoing - even the released SDK are still marked ongoing.
Code documentation of rise-core codebase - isn't this the part copied from Lisk?
Delegate system API + "Extensive Testing" - you already developed the delegate system and already did extensive testing? I thought this is not working (since Lisk has not made it work yet) and you'll start from scratch.

Office costs absorbed by Don't Panic Consulting - which did not have an office until Early August (remember the Kitchen Office) - you sure Rise did not give a dime for that? So nice of DPC.

Hi @coinmenace, thanks for your comments. To respond to your post and to answer your questions:

- The elements marked 'ongoing' are parts of the platform that are either still in development or parts that will receive future software updates. Even when the platform has achieved production status it will still continue to receive updates and be considered 'ongoing' as is the case with most other crypto software projects that are still supported.

- The Rise SDKs are done, developers can experiment with them and test them. In fact, the Rise desktop wallet already makes use of the Rise SDK for C#.  The reason they are marked 'ongoing' is because they are in alpha state and will continue to receive updates or bug fixes in the future as needed.

- Regarding the Code documentation, the Lisk code did not have clear code comments. So in order to figure out how the system worked our devs went through countless lines of the Lisk code base and added the much needed code comments themselves.

- The expense report mentions the API based delegate testing suite  (not the delegate system itself). This suite was developed for the use of stress testing the Lisk based Delegate system. This was needed for the sake of trying to solve the instability (fork and sync) issues. As reported last week the issues remain unresolved and we are looking into building our own code base from the ground up. The re-architecture of the code is being explored as we speak and the dev team is testing for feasibility.  

- The expense report covers 4 months from July to October. The office lease started in July and during that time the office was being set up for use. On August 2nd the office was completed and the development team started working there from that moment on.  

colombuszka

Activity: 802
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:42:49 AM

Any actual update on this pity scam?

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
McVenture

RISE Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 02:54:22 PM

I would just like to advice that as long as you guys feel that you are making the right decisions, keep going the way you are doing.

Now if this is possible i am also curious to know what the expected expenses are in the upcoming 6 months. I assume that such forecasts are made in advance..

Thanks for your feedback @Geenstijl. We won't be releasing expense forecasts at this point but you can expect more frequent expense reports in the future.

altcoinnxt

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 03:26:17 PM

if anyone wants to invest in a real coin with real devs and regular updates, look at NEM. Don't waste your time with these so called rise "dev".
ICO raised equivalent of 80btc and they are 9th on marketcap.

Yes, xem is a super project with more than 1000X profit ico, it is like nxt, insane profit.  Cheesy  I like xem too, this year best ico are stratis and lisk. Stratis' all time high is 10X of ico price, lisk is an awesome one, lisk listed on polo in launch time, and made 10X there also, but now the price is down, only 50%+ profit right now. These two are most profitable, much better than this "rise", it is only going down, and screw ico investors, what a pathetic team with all fake CV.
Yes,rise is go down so much the price is only about 5% of the ICO price! It is to worse! the ico investors  lost abut all money!
Geenstijl
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 06:26:52 PM

Is there not something we can do with the funds that could attract external developers to realize ideas for RISE? There must be something we could do with like 100 btc or so to get some innovative ideas realised?
McVenture

RISE Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 07:07:23 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2016, 07:31:46 PM by McVenture

Is there not something we can do with the funds that could attract external developers to realize ideas for RISE? There must be something we could do with like 100 btc or so to get some innovative ideas realised?

Yes, we are planning to offer the Rise tokens forged by our genesis delegates as bounty to attract developers to build innovative real-world projects on the Rise platform as well as other projects that promote Rise and raise its value and usage. We will write up proposals for this and the community will have a say in what project they would like to see realized. In fact, if you have some good ideas for RISE, please add them to this thread:
http://forum.rise.vision/topic/54/what-shall-we-do-with-the-forged-rise-tokens-submit-your-ideas-and-discuss

Utilizing ICO funds as you mentioned in addition to the forged Rise tokens is a possibility as well but hasn't been discussed yet in the team.

With that said, right now it isn't useful to offer these bounties because we first want to rebuild the Rise platform and get it operational before developers can actually start building production-ready solutions on the chain. Once we hit that milestone we will review the options again and move in that direction.

blackhawk101

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 08:57:59 PM

Are the remaining funds in a wallet where investors can see balance, transaction going in and out?
Geenstijl
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 10:58:04 PM

Tnx for the update. You think it's possible to make some video's of the office and introduce the dev team? I think it would be highly appreciated by the community.

Hey @Geenstijl, thank you for your suggestion! I'll pass it on to the team for consideration.

Also, if you have any other ideas or suggestions that are beneficial to the RISE platform, please feel free to post them in our official RISE forum which has a thread especially for that:

--> http://forum.rise.vision/topic/16/rise-idea-box-submit-your-idea-to-the-rise-team-and-the-community

Thanks for your support of RISE.

Maybe I missed this. Was there a reaction from the devs regarding my suggestion?
QX_Mix

Activity: 360

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 11:25:37 PM

With the project, it will continue ?
or will create a new project from the very beginning ?  Huh
McVenture

RISE Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2016, 03:58:44 AM

Tnx for the update. You think it's possible to make some video's of the office and introduce the dev team? I think it would be highly appreciated by the community.

Hey @Geenstijl, thank you for your suggestion! I'll pass it on to the team for consideration.

Also, if you have any other ideas or suggestions that are beneficial to the RISE platform, please feel free to post them in our official RISE forum which has a thread especially for that:

--> http://forum.rise.vision/topic/16/rise-idea-box-submit-your-idea-to-the-rise-team-and-the-community

Maybe I missed this. Was there a reaction from the devs regarding my suggestion?

Not yet, but it was passed on and will let you know.

ecawyna

Activity: 294

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 09:38:14 AM

Why are you still calling him dev? He is not even a "dev".
Just some guy who fork lisk to get your money. Forget this shitcoin and move on guys.

▄▄█████████▄                    ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄█████████████████▄             ▄████████████████▄
   █████            ▀█████        ▄█████            █████
  ████                 █████    █████                 ████
 ███                    ▀████    ██                     ███
▐███                      █████                         ▐███
███▌                        ████           ▐████████████████
▐███                         ▀████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ████                   ██▄    █████                    ▄▄▄
  ████                ██████    ▀████▄                ▄███
   ▀█████          ███████        ▀█████▄          ▄████▀
      █████████████████              ▀████████████████▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀                      ▀▀██████▀▀
  æ t e r n i t y
  The Oracle Machine
          ██
      ▄██ ██ ██▄
     ▐██  ██  ██
     ▐██      ██
     ▐██  ▄▄  ██
     ▐██▄▐██ ▄██
       ▀▀▐██ ▀▀
      ▄▄▌▐██ █▄
     ▐██ ▐██ ▀██
     ▐█▌  ▀▀  ██
     ▐██     ▐██
     ▐██ ▐██ ▄██
      ▀█ ▐██ █▀
         ▐██
✅ Unchained Smart Contracts
✅ Decentralized Oracle
✅ Turing-Complete
✅ State-Channels
✅ Infinitly Scalable
     ██
 ▄██ ██ ██▄
▐██  ██  ██
▐██      ██
▐██  ▄▄  ██
▐██▄▐██ ▄██
  ▀▀▐██ ▀▀
 ▄▄▌▐██ █▄
▐██ ▐██ ▀██
▐█▌  ▀▀  ██
▐██     ▐██
▐██ ▐██ ▄██
 ▀█ ▐██ █▀
    ▐██
[ WHITEPAPER]                     ██
                   ▄██▌
                  ████
                ▄█████
              ▄██████▌
             ████████
           ▄█████████   ▄▄▄▄
          █████████████████▀
        ▄████████████████▀
       ██▀▀▀▀▀ █████████
              ▐███████▀
              ██████▀
              █████▀
             ▐███▀
             ███
             █▀
(en)Lightning
Smart Contracts
|TESTNET|
Geenstijl
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 11:23:25 AM

Just some guy who fork lisk to get your money. Forget this shitcoin and move on guys.

I dunno man. As long as I get response this project is alive to me... The 1 million USD remaining development fund offers a lot of potential. That is if it is going to be spent wisely...
malcovixeffect

Activity: 714
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 11:26:31 AM

I dunno man. As long as I get response this project is alive to me... The 1 million USD remaining development fund offers a lot of potential. That is if it is going to be spent wisely...

$150k is already spent as for me the way they handle things and the communication to their beloved community. It makes me wonder on how long this will last.
Divorcion

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 11:36:26 AM

$150k is already spent as for me the way they handle things and the communication to their beloved community. It makes me wonder on how long this will last.

to be honest, not much happened until now.
McVenture

RISE Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2016, 03:04:03 PM

Hi @Geenstijl, following up regarding your suggestion, I just heard back from the dev team and they're willing to take the video. They are actually in the process of moving into a new space, over this next weekend, so they said they can probably do it after that.

Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: