Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:33:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} Here's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK at your Monarch!  (Read 46461 times)
noddy2000

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:07:00 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 12:19:10 PM by noddy2000

I've lost nothing as I say personally (bar a 50gh single I ordered July 2011 so next to nothing). Again, greed will be all your downfalls!

So you were super greedy yourself. You were a gullible and greedy fool and preordered a mining machine from BFL hoping for amazing profits so you could just sit on your lazy ass doing nothing.

You've been a bad bad person with no morals. So tell me, how many BTC did that BFL single cost you in 2011?

74btc, it mined back 3-4 and now sits proudly as an auniment on the shelf haha :-)

You're so full of shit.  You didn't order anything BFL in July 2011, and you certainly didn't mine 222 - 296 BTC with a 50 GH single.

can you read? I paid 74 and mined 3 or 4 back and its now turned off and sitting on the shelf! I was mining with 5850's and 5870's from 2010 too. Why should I care if you believe me or not? Haha. 1 thing I'm not is a liar! (Intentionally)Unlike most people!

@ teal - I did go check when I read your comment. Order #3957 July 19th 2012, $1,387.00 with standard shipping (good call). So yes, 2012. My mistake but can you blame me for not remembering fully with the in 2 weeks mantra lol. So there it is for you all. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it :-p

It even has no lid because the design is that bad it made loads of noise because the fans were too close to the metal frame. I can provide picture evidence of it as its still sitting  there from when it was switched off, cables and all. But do you really need that much! Although I may come across strongly and aragant (arragonce creates leaders and is not a bad thing all in all) I do not try to hurt, harm or lie to my fellow man! This world makes people so sceptical about everything lol. Why would I lie about something so trivial haha

████████████████     ██                ██              ██    ▄████████████████      ████████████████     ▄████████████████▄    █████████████████▄
                     ██                ██              ██                                                                ██                    ██
                     ██                ██              ██                                                                ██                    ██
                     ██                ▀████████████████▀    ▄████████████████▄            ██             █████████████████     ██             ██
█████████████        ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
██                   ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
██                   ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
████████████████     ████████████████          ██             ████████████████▀     ████████████████      ██             ██     ██             ██

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████████████▀▀  █████
█████████████▀▀      ██████
██████████▀▀    ▄     ███████
███████▀▀     ▄█▀     █████████
███▀▀      ▄██▀       █████████
█████▄    ██▀        ██████████
████████ █          █████████
███████ █ ▄███▄▄   ████████
████████████████▄▄███████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
TOKEN GENERATION EVENT
JUNE 4 UNTIL JUNE 24  [ WHITEPAPER ]
[TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] [REDDIT] [STEEMIT]
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:18:45 PM

I've lost nothing as I say personally (bar a 50gh single I ordered July 2011 so next to nothing). Again, greed will be all your downfalls!

So you were super greedy yourself. You were a gullible and greedy fool and preordered a mining machine from BFL hoping for amazing profits so you could just sit on your lazy ass doing nothing.

You've been a bad bad person with no morals. So tell me, how many BTC did that BFL single cost you in 2011?

74btc, it mined back 3-4 and now sits proudly as an auniment on the shelf haha :-)

You're so full of shit.  You didn't order anything BFL in July 2011, and you certainly didn't mine 222 - 296 BTC with a 50 GH single.

can you read? I paid 74 and mined 3 or 4 back and its now turned off and sitting on the shelf! I was mining with 5850's and 5870's from 2010 too. Why should I care if you believe me or not? Haha. 1 thing I'm not is a liar! (Intentionally)Unlike most people!

@ teal - I did go check when I read your comment. Order #3957 July 19th 2012, $1,387.00 with standard shipping (good call). So yes, 2012. My mistake but can you blame me for not remembering fully with the in 2 weeks mantra lol. So there it is for you all. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it :-p

It even has no lid because the design is that bad it made loads of noise because the fans were too close to the metal frame. I can provide picture evidence of it as its still sitting  there from when it was switched off, cables and all. But do you really need that much! Although I may come across strongly and aragant (arragonce creates leaders and is not a bad thing all in all) I do not try to hurt, harm or lie to my fellow man! This world makes people so sceptical about everything lol. Why would I lie about something so trivial haha
You are probably wrong about the price then. The Single would have been more like BTC150
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg60zczsg2012-07-18zeg2012-07-20ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv
noddy2000

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 05:48:44 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2015, 05:58:53 AM by noddy2000

It even has no lid because the design is that bad it made loads of noise because the fans were too close to the metal frame. I can provide picture evidence of it as its still sitting  there from when it was switched off, cables and all. But do you really need that much! Although I may come across strongly and aragant (arragonce creates leaders and is not a bad thing all in all) I do not try to hurt, harm or lie to my fellow man! This world makes people so sceptical about everything lol. Why would I lie about something so trivial haha
You are probably wrong about the price then. The Single would have been more like BTC150
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg60zczsg2012-07-18zeg2012-07-20ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

Interesting. Im sure it was but I do throw btc about like candy though. Who cares what the price is as I say. Ive given so much away over the years (£/$1,000's worth) to get people to see the basic uses i really do forget the amounts. The aim is to use bitcoin and not let greed dictate what you do with them (holding on to them hoping to make 'profit' in false fiat currency). Luckily 3rd world (derogitive term, I shouldn't use that) get it and they are the people using it for good things. Grass routes and all. They are the real people who bennifit from this technology, not the greed of us westerners, including myself in that! If you earn £15000/$20000 a year, your in the top 1% in this world! Think about that! People who earn that still don't have a great life and are not classed as 'rich' by a long shot! But their top 1%!  So fucking sad.

bitcoins fungibility is the biggest importance and that's always improving and growing. The lack of nodes on the system as there's no 'reward' for doing that is its biggest problem and no one talks about that! Price is irrelivent and intrinsic value is maluable as well and always changing. That's why I have a good laugh at gold bugs. So last millennia and a form of control itself along with religion  ;-)

As I say, greed will be most peoples downfall here. They don't understand simple principles of life and what's really important! When you can't get a drink of water for 2 days or are starving for a month, then come back and tell me what's worth what! The only thing worth anything is our labour actually, everything else is irrelivent as its our labour that creates, nothing else! And they manipulate our behaviour through false currency. That's it at its bare essentials. I'm hoping the bitcoin protocol eventually takes us to a cashless society where people help each other and live in abundance! Not the manipulated bullshit we have today. But one step at a time hey!

████████████████     ██                ██              ██    ▄████████████████      ████████████████     ▄████████████████▄    █████████████████▄
                     ██                ▀████████████████▀    ▄████████████████▄            ██             █████████████████     ██             ██
█████████████        ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
████████████████     ████████████████          ██             ████████████████▀     ████████████████      ██             ██     ██             ██

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
TOKEN GENERATION EVENT
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 05:57:01 AM

$20K a year? That's probably twice what I'm making these days.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
noddy2000

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 06:06:57 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2015, 06:18:14 AM by noddy2000

$20K a year? That's probably twice what I'm making these days.

Still in top 3%! USA's average in 2004 (latest I can get) is 60k, the median is 44k so we'll use that. That's actually top 0.1%! You see the disconnect? Specially blaming the top 1% for it when really its the top 0.000001% that have 95%+ of the wealth! Over 8 billion people and about 10,000-50,000 people own 95%!

This is why bitcoin is important and why Bitcoin block chain can change this! Make it a level playing field for all. Fuck us privileged ass wipes who moan about bullshit all day everyday. Its not about me or you! We've been fucked with all our lives and don't realise what we got while other pay the price! Were not lucky or privileged or whatever, were selfish, greedy sacks of shit who take everything for granted! Programming at school and manipulation is why so don't blame yourself, its just how it is! But its time for change and that's 1 thing that's always sat true, change waits for no man :-)

Bfl scammers just use this programming that's been done on us against as them at the top do. That's it. They understand what's really going on and use it for their own gains. That's the raw deal of it all. This is why this bfl bullshit is interesting to me. There essentially the same mentality of our manipulators. Do they realise it themselves because they lack empathy and do everything for themselves, not sure, ask them! This is how I clocked josh was a scumbag within 5 minutes of conversation, and knew it was a lost cause with them. No skin off my nose, you'll be judged at the end of this life for your words and actions ;-)

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
TOKEN GENERATION EVENT
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:15:50 AM

I was just kidding, you silly person you.

BTW, TLDR any of that.

I tried to read it but there were so many spelling errors and the use of incorrect words. It made my brain hurt after 3 sentences.
noddy2000

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:32:02 AM

I was just kidding, you silly person you.

BTW, TLDR any of that.

I tried to read it but there were so many spelling errors and the use of incorrect words. It made my brain hurt after 3 sentences.

Yes, my English sucks, plus I'm on a phone so I can't be arsed proof read either. Still, your loss. I did justnre read and its not that hard. Another problem with society, not giving people with a lesser abity in areas a chance and prefer to label/mock them. No love left in western societies, non what so ever! English like all other languages based on Latin are evil by design anyways, based on the Vatican's Latin! If you want know evil all you have to do is look into the Vatican and how its the main head of the Medusa. State of London, state of Washington DC, state of Israel are a few others. Devils language

Anyways, back on topic, who's still got a monarch that asnt blown up, leaked or under performs? Lol

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
TOKEN GENERATION EVENT
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:00:53 AM

I'm on a phone so I can't be arsed proof read

No offense, but doesn't that sentence kinda demonstrate both the excess and laziness of Western society that you're so vehemently condemning? I label and mock people (well, Americans at least) with lesser abilities in written communication because the primary excuse is laziness and not caring to take full advantage of the more-than-decade of free education most of us are given. Gotta be careful on public Internet forums though because people come here from all over and don't always get twelve years of "here's how to do English right" handed to them on a silver platter. I have no respect for the lazy - more specifically, for the deliberately stupid. And there are a lot of them in America.

Also, no respect for greedy scamming bastards. Like, it seems, the guys at BFL. I don't own a Monarch. Should get one for the museum one of these days though.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
noddy2000

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:26:26 AM

I'm on a phone so I can't be arsed proof read

No offense, but doesn't that sentence kinda demonstrate both the excess and laziness of Western society that you're so vehemently condemning? I label and mock people (well, Americans at least) with lesser abilities in written communication because the primary excuse is laziness and not caring to take full advantage of the more-than-decade of free education most of us are given. Gotta be careful on public Internet forums though because people come here from all over and don't always get twelve years of "here's how to do English right" handed to them on a silver platter. I have no respect for the lazy - more specifically, for the deliberately stupid. And there are a lot of them in America.

Also, no respect for greedy scamming bastards. Like, it seems, the guys at BFL. I don't own a Monarch. Should get one for the museum one of these days though.

I'd agree with everything you said there. I am lazy yes. Never said I wasn't at any point. I know my flaws and that's for me to deal with, as yours and others are. But if you can't separate thought from your body you are not understanding the purpose of it. Its easy to accuse some one of being x y and z, or point the blame at someone but to truely understand your surrounding and others you have to 'think out the box' per say. I'm the biggest hippocrit going in some ways but realising that leads to better understanding of many aspects of life and others. Critism isn't a bad thing, it should be welcomed but people today are weak and can't handle it. Water off a ducks back to me and I take all comments on board. I'm an hard worker when needed but I'm lazy for sure. Again, its the environment that's been created that I've spent most of my life in that as allowed me to get away with it. I don't play the blame game though as that just leads to hatred for others. Not a good thing at all. What's done is done and I look at the cause and not the cure. You don't need a a cure if you know the cause ;-)

Least the monarchs arnt setting on fire like the black arrows I suppose lol. They are truely dangerous for peoples health! Surenthey arnt FCC approved either haha

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
TOKEN GENERATION EVENT
zorba.karlos

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:56:32 AM

For BFL Monarch, I added experimental underclocking support to cgminer.

Example Usage: the following sets the clock frequency to max (1x), voltage at 580mV.

# cgminer --bflsc-volt=4 --bflsc-clock=16

Refer to BFL documentation for voltage levels, but please note I shifted the index by one; I needed '0' to mean 'do-nothing'. IE: the '16' above = 'F" in BFL docs.

As a safety precaution, cgminer will not initialize / use a Monarch unless the voltage and clock are set successfully. IE: a hotplug or power interruption will restore the voltage/clock settings to a Monarch before mining commences.

The patch below is against cgminer commit 8b425ed545d64f3007c6a7b2b70910efec65a7ea.
htt p s://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/commit/8b425ed545d64f3007c6a7b2b70910efec65a7ea

----------------

diff --git a/cgminer.c b/cgminer.c
index 94e847e..48db62d 100644
--- a/cgminer.c
+++ b/cgminer.c
@@ -796,6 +796,16 @@ static char *set_int_1_to_10(const char *arg, int *i)
    return set_int_range(arg, i, 1, 10);
 }

+static char *set_int_0_to_32(const char *arg, int *i)
+{
+   return set_int_range(arg, i, 0, 32);
+}
+
+static char *set_int_0_to_16(const char *arg, int *i)
+{
+   return set_int_range(arg, i, 0, 16);
+}
+
 static char __maybe_unused *set_int_0_to_4(const char *arg, int *i)
 {
    return set_int_range(arg, i, 0, 4);
@@ -1265,6 +1275,12 @@ static struct opt_table opt_config_table[] = {
    OPT_WITH_ARG("--bflsc-overheat",
            set_int_0_to_200, opt_show_intval, &opt_bflsc_overheat,
            "Set overheat temperature where BFLSC devices throttle, 0 to disable"),
+   OPT_WITH_ARG("--bflsc-volt",
+           set_int_0_to_16, opt_show_intval, &opt_bflsc_volt,
+           "Set monarch voltage level (1-16), 0 to disable. BFL claims values above 7 are disabled."),
+   OPT_WITH_ARG("--bflsc-clock",
+           set_int_0_to_32, opt_show_intval, &opt_bflsc_clock,
+           "Set monarch clock speed (1-32), 0 to disable, 17-32 enable clock doubler"),
 #endif
 #ifdef USE_AVALON
    OPT_WITH_ARG("--bitburner-voltage",
diff --git a/driver-bflsc.c b/driver-bflsc.c
index ac77d48..7dfd10c 100644
--- a/driver-bflsc.c
+++ b/driver-bflsc.c
@@ -31,6 +31,15 @@
 #include "driver-bflsc.h"

int opt_bflsc_overheat = BFLSC_TEMP_OVERHEAT;
+int opt_bflsc_clock = 0;
+int opt_bflsc_volt = 0;
+
+float bflsc_voltage_map[] = {
+  0.540, 0.550, 0.560, 0.580,
+  0.600, 0.620, 0.630, 0.643,
+  0.650, 0.662, 0.670, 0.680,
+  0.700, 0.720, 0.730, 0.750
+};

static const char *blank = "";

@@ -453,6 +462,7 @@ static bool bflsc_qres(struct cgpu_info *bflsc, char *buf, size_t bufsiz, int de
 static void __bflsc_initialise(struct cgpu_info *bflsc)
 {
    int err, interface;
+   struct bflsc_info *sc_info = (struct bflsc_info *)(bflsc->device_data);

// TODO: does x-link bypass the other device FTDI? (I think it does)
 //   So no initialisation required except for the master device?
@@ -536,6 +546,7 @@ static void __bflsc_initialise(struct cgpu_info *bflsc)

if (!bflsc->cutofftemp)
       bflsc->cutofftemp = opt_bflsc_overheat;
+
 }

static void bflsc_initialise(struct cgpu_info *bflsc)
@@ -555,6 +566,82 @@ static void bflsc_initialise(struct cgpu_info *bflsc)
    }
 }

+static bool __bflsc_set_volt(struct cgpu_info *bflsc) {
+   char msg[16];
+   char recv[100];
+   int err,amount;
+   bool sent;
+   int effective_volt;
+
+   if (!opt_bflsc_volt)
+      return true;
+
+   effective_volt=opt_bflsc_volt-1;
+
+   applogsiz(LOG_WARNING, BFLSC_APPLOGSIZ,
+      "%s (%s) set volt to %0.3fV (V%XX) ",
+      bflsc->drv->dname, bflsc->device_path,
+      bflsc_voltage_map[effective_volt], effective_volt);
+
+   snprintf(msg, sizeof(msg), "V%XX\n", effective_volt);
+   err = usb_write(bflsc, msg, strlen(msg), &amount, C_SETVOLT);
+   if (err < 0 || amount < 4) {
+      bflsc_applog(bflsc, 0, C_SETVOLT, amount, err);
+      return false;
+   }
+   err = usb_read_ok_timeout(bflsc, recv, sizeof(recv)-1, &amount, SET_VOLT_TIME_MAX_MS, C_REPLYSETVOLT);
+   if (err < 0 ) {
+      bflsc_applog(bflsc, 0, C_REPLYSETVOLT, amount, err);
+      return false;
+   }
+   return true;
+}
+
+static bool __bflsc_set_clock(struct cgpu_info *bflsc) {
+   char msg[16];
+   char recv[100];
+   int err,amount;
+   bool sent;
+   char double_clock_flag;
+   int effective_clock;
+
+   if (!opt_bflsc_clock)
+      return true;
+
+        effective_clock=opt_bflsc_clock-1;
+   double_clock_flag='X';
+
+   if (effective_clock > 15) {
+      double_clock_flag='D';
+      effective_clock &= 0x0F;
+      if (effective_clock > 2) {
+         applogsiz(LOG_WARNING, BFLSC_APPLOGSIZ,
+            "Frequency too high with clock doubling enabled; reducing frequency.");
+         effective_clock=2;
+         opt_bflsc_clock=19;
+      }
+   }
+
+   applogsiz(LOG_WARNING, BFLSC_APPLOGSIZ,
+      "%s (%s) set clock to %i (F%X%c)",
+      bflsc->drv->dname, bflsc->device_path,
+      opt_bflsc_clock, effective_clock, double_clock_flag);
+
+   snprintf(msg, sizeof(msg), "F%X%c\n", effective_clock, double_clock_flag);
+   err = usb_write(bflsc, msg, strlen(msg), &amount, C_SETCLOCK);
+   if (err < 0 || amount < 4) {
+      bflsc_applog(bflsc, 0, C_SETCLOCK, amount, err);
+      return false;
+   }
+   err = usb_read_ok_timeout(bflsc, recv, sizeof(recv)-1, &amount, SET_CLOCK_TIME_MAX_MS, C_REPLYSETCLOCK);
+   if (err < 0 ) {
+      bflsc_applog(bflsc, 0, C_REPLYSETCLOCK, amount, err);
+      return false;
+   }
+   return true;
+}
+
+
 static bool getinfo(struct cgpu_info *bflsc, int dev)
 {
    struct bflsc_info *sc_info = (struct bflsc_info *)(bflsc->device_data);
@@ -894,6 +981,15 @@ reinit:
    applog(LOG_DEBUG, "%s (%s) identified as: '%s'",
       bflsc->drv->dname, bflsc->device_path, bflsc->drv->name);

+   if (sc_info->ident == IDENT_BMA) {
+      if (!__bflsc_set_volt(bflsc))
+         goto unshin;
+      cgsleep_ms(100); // let voltage stabilize
+      if (!__bflsc_set_clock(bflsc))
+         goto unshin;
+      cgsleep_ms(100); // let clock stabilize
+   }
+
    if (!add_cgpu(bflsc))
       goto unshin;

diff --git a/driver-bflsc.h b/driver-bflsc.h
index 4778993..50789b0 100644
--- a/driver-bflsc.h
+++ b/driver-bflsc.h
@@ -386,7 +386,13 @@ struct SaveString {
 #define REINIT_TIME_MAX_MS 800
 // Keep trying up to this many us
 #define REINIT_TIME_MAX 3000000
+// How long do we wait for the voltage-set operation? (ms)
+#define SET_VOLT_TIME_MAX_MS 10000
+// How long do we wait for the clock-set operation? (ms)
+#define SET_CLOCK_TIME_MAX_MS 15000

int opt_bflsc_overheat;
+int opt_bflsc_clock;
+int opt_bflsc_volt;

#endif /* BFLSC_H */
carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:27:11 PM

Hello, how can i install this feature? Now, with cgminer, i cannot regule voltage or frequency and i would like to change them. Thanks!!

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
epichaberdasher

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 02:44:51 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2015, 04:24:58 PM by epichaberdasher

Hi guys

can somebody help me get my Monarch running, ive been trying all day and i cant get it to work.

When i run BFG miner i get the following error:

"lowl_pci_open_vfio: Failed to open /dev/vfio/vfio" continuously

Im running the Monarch in my Ubuntu 15.10 PC using PCI Express, with BFG Miner 5.10

The BFL setup document says that i dont need PCIE drivers under Linux.

Can anybody point me what to do ?

*Edit, i think i got it working, i reseated the card then ran the UIO setup command in BFGminers Readme.ASIC
just need to see after a few hours if it works right.
epichaberdasher

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 12:35:15 PM

Getting 87% invalid shares @ 676 difficulty. Using BFGMiner 5.2.0

Does anybody know why ? Sad

BFGminer says the shares are accepted, and the error rate is low (1%) but when i check the pool stats my invalid share % is over 85%. It does seem to be dropping very slowly, but not sure.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:05:31 AM

Check with this guy:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=148567

His thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=759398.0

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
epichaberdasher

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:43:07 PM

Thanks man, ive sent him a message.

Ive had some progress thanks to help from people here. The card is working, its got some issues with I think are related to the version of BFGMiner im using.

The card i have is the 725GH version, it mines at around 740GH but it needs a lot of airflow it seems.

I tried underclocking it using the settings from butterfly labs PDF, adding the settings "--set bfl:_cmd1=F0D --set bfl:_cmd1=V5X" gives a "Failed to open /dev/vfio/vfio" , but if i then try and run bfgminer again afterwards without the extra commands it seems to work with the previous settings. Hashes around 660GH with a massive temperature drop from 70C to 51C.

Im guessing if i had to power cycle the card it would revert back to stock settings.

dextronomous

Activity: 428
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:33:01 PM

Guys anyone got a driver for windows 7 pci for the bfl monarch family.

cannot find them online nowhere,

thanks
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:52:42 PM

Check with the guy in my previous post  Wink

BFL website looks to be gone now.....error 404 LMAO!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:08:18 PM

Check with the guy in my previous post  Wink

BFL website looks to be gone now.....error 404 LMAO!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy

I swear if I am ever in the area of the BFL former corp I'm gonna piss in their parking lot and post a pic here Smiley

I'm still pissed and I got a refund. (Then again had victim guilt and felt like an idiot for 1 year and 20 days and got lucky and was refunded because FTC was a coming)

Perhaps it is Surviver's Guilt because I got DAMN LUCKY Sad

More likely (if anyone wants to look) it was Josh Z. in BFL chat FLAT OUT lying when the court documents showed at the same time he knew they would be months late

after August of 2013.

Where is the guy on here that kept saying if he ever saw him, he'd punch him in the dick and post a picture (man I miss you or I should say I want such a pic yet)

anyway just got to let this go I guess, but man what a bunch of pricks

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:29:17 PM

Yeah, when I think about how BFL, MinerSource and VMC all started in Missouri I get kinda embarassed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  All
  Print  

Jump to: