Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:25:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GPU Coin - Full PoS - 15%  (Read 58896 times)
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 08:31:27 PM

I have spoken with SebastianJu.  He says that installing a wallet is too risky for him, he stores the coins on an exchange.  The only exchange were on now is NOVA Exchange.  Nothing on Nova Exchange but its a new exchange.  I have a hard time storing 5% of my project on a new exchange that could cryptsy or vixtrade on a moments notice.  I have faith in Bittrex, POLO, and for some unknown reason faith in Yobit, faith is growing for Nova, but its not there yet there still new.

3 options at this point:

1. You continue to trust Im doing the right thing with the premine

2. Find a different escrow service that will hold the wallet

3. Lets get on Bittrex or Polo and I would be fine leaving premine in someone elses account.  Nothing again against Yobit but thats where coins go to die, haven't seen much success with coins that start on Yobit lately

Community ? What do you have to say ?

You don't really need a wallet if you don't have plans for those pre-mined coins in the near future.  All you need is an address right?  Have someone create an address with vanitygen, you send the coins to that address.  Anyone should still be able to check the balance.  Maybe by the time you need them, there will be an online wallet or the private key could be transferred (using an appropriate method of security).  As long as the private key is under the control of a trusted escrow, they should be safe.

white92d15b7 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

GPU Coin Dev

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 08:44:11 PM

TBH I haven't been in the crypto world as long as I should of been.  Bitcoin mining would of been right up my alley when I was modding wii's and xbox 360's weeks after their launch. . . . if you guys could shoot out some other Trusted escrow services I will research them all and pick one very shortly.  I see lots of them, someone we all trust would be good.  

I see everyone's concerns loud and clear.   The coin is up and rolling and the guy is sitting there with 10.8 million coins (not staking by the way)  . . . . I look at other people the same way and often pass on putting my rigs on it so.  I need very little more of that to carry on now and see this to fruition.  I wish I didn't take so much premine but I had no idea, this is my first coin.

My ideal for the remaining premine is to put it into escrow and use it occasionally to cover costs such as web hosting, node hosting, giveaways, filling the faucet.  The Escrow can start a discussion thread where I can ask the community for our money to cover this and cover that.  Everyone can have an opinion  and consensus rules.  I believe this method will ensure longevity of the community I'm creating and ensure funds to carry it. Once fully functional it will be the .COM you know to go to to buy or sell a GPU on planet earth.  It will run self sufficiently.

I don't want this post missed.

bat26

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:08:48 PM

TBH I haven't been in the crypto world as long as I should of been.  Bitcoin mining would of been right up my alley when I was modding wii's and xbox 360's weeks after their launch. . . . if you guys could shoot out some other Trusted escrow services I will research them all and pick one very shortly.  I see lots of them, someone we all trust would be good.  

I see everyone's concerns loud and clear.   The coin is up and rolling and the guy is sitting there with 10.8 million coins (not staking by the way)  . . . . I look at other people the same way and often pass on putting my rigs on it so.  I need very little more of that to carry on now and see this to fruition.  I wish I didn't take so much premine but I had no idea, this is my first coin.

My ideal for the remaining premine is to put it into escrow and use it occasionally to cover costs such as web hosting, node hosting, giveaways, filling the faucet.  The Escrow can start a discussion thread where I can ask the community for our money to cover this and cover that.  Everyone can have an opinion  and consensus rules.  I believe this method will ensure longevity of the community I'm creating and ensure funds to carry it. Once fully functional it will be the .COM you know to go to to buy or sell a GPU on planet earth.  It will run self sufficiently.

That is going to be a little bit of work for the escrow, on top of just holding the coins. So you will also need to send a bit of BTC. It shouldn't be too much but something I'm sure. I think since he will have to keep up with the community support for your proposals, around .25 BTC would be fair, plus a half percent ( 1 out of every 200 ) of the coins each time you make a withdrawal? I think if you could handle that, you could get an escrow that would bring that much more credibility to the project.

That's just my take on the matter.

white92d15b7 (OP)

GPU Coin Dev

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:43:06 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2016, 02:25:54 AM by white92d15b7

My ideal for the remaining premine is to put it into escrow and use it occasionally to cover costs such as web hosting, node hosting, giveaways, filling the faucet.  The Escrow can start a discussion thread where I can ask the community for our money to cover this and cover that.  Everyone can have an opinion  and consensus rules.  I believe this method will ensure longevity of the community I'm creating and ensure funds to carry it. Once fully functional it will be the .COM you know to go to to buy or sell a GPU on planet earth.  It will run self sufficiently.

That is going to be a little bit of work for the escrow, on top of just holding the coins. So you will also need to send a bit of BTC. It shouldn't be too much but something I'm sure. I think since he will have to keep up with the community support for your proposals, around .25 BTC would be fair, plus a half percent ( 1 out of every 200 ) of the coins each time you make a withdrawal? I think if you could handle that, you could get an escrow that would bring that much more credibility to the project.

That's just my take on the matter.

I don't think it would be alot of work for anyone at all.  Its not like I need coins every week and its going to be a huge argument to the community if the faucet gets filled or the webhosting gets paid with a small dump of coins to the market.  Its as simple as a PM to escrow "Here is the post we all agreed can you send xxxxxxxxx amount to XXXXXXXXXXXX"  they will look, see we agreed and send.

I have covered webhosting for the project for 12 months out of pocket.  1 bounty left to be filled for the redesigned ANN the only thing that premine can help me with now is paying for web developing assistance.

white92d15b7 (OP)

GPU Coin Dev

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:45:04 PM

Escrow is the only option now to move forward.  I cant relaunch with .5% premine, and a giveaway is out of the question, it'll be a full on dump, dead ninja for sure . .

white92d15b7 (OP)

GPU Coin Dev

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:48:35 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2016, 12:34:25 AM by white92d15b7

Maybe something like this?

Image removed

I'm not great with graphics but thsts what I'm thinking... except the logos should be removed to prevent litigation.  Remember Coinye?

If we could stay away from using the name brand name in our logo that would be superb.  I know in the current one I used the names, but its not intended to be permanent as per the 1 week logo contest.

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 10:09:37 PM

I was going to submit the coin to Cryptopia, but even to be considered you have the have the website up and running.

white92d15b7 (OP)

GPU Coin Dev

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 10:21:43 PM

We will get to a bigger exchange in time.  For now were on an exchange and people can dump their little bit if they need.  We will never experience that "initial miner dump"

Jacques21

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 10:23:59 PM

can we add the auction link to the first page of the ANN

white92d15b7 (OP)

GPU Coin Dev

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 10:38:33 PM

can we add the auction link to the first page of the ANN

I will do that !!

white92d15b7 (OP)

GPU Coin Dev

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 12:31:20 AM

It has been done !!

white92d15b7 (OP)

GPU Coin Dev

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 02:27:22 AM

The domain name has been officially selected.  www.usedgpus.com  updated the OP No website yet, but domain is up and mine.

Jacques21

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:17:06 AM

Awesome cant wait for the website to be up.
Psi
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

[center][table][tr][td][url=https://trustdice.win/

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 12:00:19 PM

I like the idea behind your coin, so I mined/bought and already staked some maybe  even enough to bid and win the gpu auction !   As for the escrow issue, its your deal so you should control it,  the whole "community" having a say gets taken too far, too often, input is nice that's all community should be for if idea is solid to begin with, like fine tuning.

diks
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1450

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 03:16:12 PM

The domain name has been officially selected.  www.usedgpus.com  updated the OP No website yet, but domain is up and mine.

russian ANN updated
and added link to Auction

(are you remember about "this evening"?)

Mohareb

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:04:22 PM

GPU COIN

5% Premine (wallet NOT staking) - To be used solely for Bounties, giveaways, and development.[/center]
***** Premine Address (shown in Block Explorer)  GNzU3woWnPj4vFgWnZQc4nPtEkEi4SXMsF ******

All premined coins spent and went to many addresses. No giveaway and no huge development occurs here. total of bounties is not above 100K coins. Then so many coins are selling in novaexchange under mining costs. It's clear what Dev is doing.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - Most Trusted & Popular Bitcoin Game @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:24:26 PM

GPU COIN

5% Premine (wallet NOT staking) - To be used solely for Bounties, giveaways, and development.[/center]
***** Premine Address (shown in Block Explorer)  GNzU3woWnPj4vFgWnZQc4nPtEkEi4SXMsF ******

All premined coins spent and went to many addresses. No giveaway and no huge development occurs here. total of bounties is not above 100K coins. Then so many coins are selling in novaexchange under mining costs. It's clear what Dev is doing.

Dude, do you even know what in the hell you are talking about?  The premine is still there.  If you are talking about the 200K coins on the exchange they are MINE.  Just trying to cover some mining costs.  BTW, I still have 500K in my wallet.

So before you go accusing the DEV of dumping the premine and bolting, check your facts.

white92d15b7 (OP)

GPU Coin Dev

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:31:49 PM

GPU COIN

***** Premine Address (shown in Block Explorer)  GNzU3woWnPj4vFgWnZQc4nPtEkEi4SXMsF ******

Im not going to be sucked into Fudd . . . the premine is sitting there for all to see.  I have been doing nothing but buying coins and putting pieces of this project together.  I have a 32 mhash zeus power sucker, it hasn't hit a single block on solo and does FA on the pool against 10 000  net mhash. I got 20 or so blocks setting everything up and moving premine to another wallet before launch.   Buying coins is my only way in here, which is fine because who else is gonna buy into something if its own developer wont . .

white92d15b7 (OP)

GPU Coin Dev

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:52:44 PM

Can we burn the rest of the premine ? Ive got this project covered for the next 12 months out of pocket already paid.  If we could somehow dispose of the remaining premine I would be in for it.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_burn

how do we do it ?  

in laymans terms we send them to a lost address, and they become lost . .

were not doing a give away im positive that will provoke a dump fest

p75formula

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 07:10:54 PM

GPU COIN

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious but I've been watching this coin since it launched on Nova. There has not yet been the buy support to dump that many coins and putting them all on the sell side would just be stupid. LOL.

First troll of the new launch.  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: