Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think the rally is over now... or very soon?  (Read 15974 times)
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:55:32 PM

I've said it before and I will say it again.

If the price is to rise, who the fuck is buying?

I do believe bitcoin can rise $1k+ but that will NEVER happen when buyers are dependant on exchanges like mtgox.

The explosion begins once aunt jane can buy it with her credit card and bitcoin addresses are as simple as jane@coinbank.btc

No reason it couldn't...
$ dig rich.blahblahblah.com txt

; <<>> DiG 9.4.1 <<>> rich.blahblahblah.com txt
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 25563
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 5, ADDITIONAL: 17

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;rich.blahblahblah.com.               IN      TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
rich.blahblahblah.com.        1800    IN      TXT     "13qnEgPTxJW6mm88dLpnHXZyryN5EXBciq"

Though I think firstbits has a lot of mileage. Perhaps a combination of the two.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:57:07 PM

I've said it before and I will say it again.

If the price is to rise, who the fuck is buying?

I do believe bitcoin can rise $1k+ but that will NEVER happen when buyers are dependant on exchanges like mtgox.

The explosion begins once aunt jane can buy it with her credit card and bitcoin addresses are as simple as jane@coinbank.btc

You are so bang on the money with that last sentence.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 08:49:22 PM

I think there'll be several explosions on the way up before that point, each one orders of magnitude bigger than the last. This one might be fuelled by smart investors who are just starting to see the potential.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 01:53:34 PM

I seem to remember one of the webwallets I used in the past had a feature where you could send btc to an email address, if that email address did not already have an account with this service then they would send an email to the email with directions on how to open an account and claim the btc sent.

To answer OP: Yes, I think the rally has ended and we are at the plateau stage again. See how the price spiked up about march 7th, and we have been consolidating ever since.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 06:55:11 PM

We're already basically there with Coinbase.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 07:21:03 PM

Yes, and with Silvervault you can also buy BTC directly by just depositing your trading bank account, no ordering process necessary. (In beta for partners only at this stage)

https://www.silverbank.net

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:58:03 PM

Assuming that the two boom patterns should be similar (i.e. the whole thing be a fractal) - then the second is still very far from the top, it still might grow maybe 10 times.

Exactly. In my opinion the current situation is at most a "small bubble", meaning that there can be a correction, but it's unlikely to be a deep one. To experience a "massive bubble" we would need to see the all time high broken and then panic buys from there. That is the point when it's smart to become skeptical.

there have been 3 "steps" in the 2011 runup to the bubble (from base of about $1):

• the jump to $2
  • the jump to $4
  • the jump to $9

So the top of the current bubble is either 450, 225 or 100 depending what "jump" the current one is similar to.

I don't believe in this fractal stuff applying to markets somehow, though.

This is quite interesting to recall.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:10:46 PM

Just note that every significant "crash" in the past has been triggered by major exchange failure.
Now, to achieve similar results you would need to have all the exchanges down/hacked at the same moment.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:11:49 PM

Just note that every significant "crash" in the past has been triggered by major exchange failure.
Now, to achieve similar results you would need to have all the exchanges down/hacked at the same moment.

I disagree the 2011 crash was caused by exchange failure. It's debatable, but the mtgox hack and week-long shutdown was well after the top was reached.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:13:16 PM

Great thread to dig up. Its always amusing to read posts calling the top, even below the $50 low of the crash.
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:14:48 PM

By the way, all the previous "crashes" now can be interpreted as huge long lasting bear traps.
Only bears were affected, not hoarders.
Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:42:24 PM

Yeah I was pretty confident it would end up looking that way. Nice to be proven right.  Grin
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 08:14:34 AM

I disagree the 2011 crash was caused by exchange failure. It's debatable, but the mtgox hack and week-long shutdown was well after the top was reached.

I think that neither was the "first crash of 2013". It was a bubble, it deserved to pop. It popped. Here we are. Soon we have a bubble. Then it will pop. Etc. etc. Circumstances have their role but they do not change the fundamentals nor the technicals.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
jjaquarius

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:41:47 PM

Just need someone to buy up those last 8000 BTC:

their will be 8000 more at 31

haven't you noticed this whole rally has been buy out one more wall and its going to explode UP, one more wall , one more wall , one more wall ,one more wall.

Thing is: I don't want it to explode. And it's not exploding.... a good thing.

I am from Mastercoin Foundation.
One of our board members mentioned that we would love to have your participation as part of our Smart Contracts Advisory Board.

We are building a consortium of crypto-finance firms to ensure that Bitcoin entrepreneurs benefit from a distributed system of trading firms for issuing smart tokens on Bitcoin.  We believe that will be a BIG revenue opportunity for trading firms like CCCC
The role of this advisory board is to provide an opportunity for Bitcoin industry members to influence the direction of the Master Protocol.

Perhaps we can have a chat about whether this is something you can participate in?

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks
Judith

porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:47:50 PM

if your entire analysis is based on "look what happened last time" then i think it's you that has no common sense.

that is 90% of all analysis here.

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
feverpitch

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:59:18 AM

I also a bitcoin holder and I’m aware of its instability but I’ll take the risks. The price can rise and fall without any backgrounds and playing could be very tricky and unsafe business.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:54:13 PM

I think that neither was the "first crash of 2013". It was a bubble, it deserved to pop. It popped. Here we are. Soon we have a bubble. Then it will pop. Etc. etc. Circumstances have their role but they do not change the fundamentals nor the technicals.

Well the recent "crashes" weren't because of any major exchange failure though. Several fuds along with the natural correction did us in there. And of course this rally would have its own correction that's for sure so i don't think there's any big deal with it. It's going to come.back up anyways

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:48:18 PM

As a holder of BTC, I am expecting that the cryptocurrency will be swinging. Down and up - up and down: it will be the picture of the market these days.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: