Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:45:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171696 times)
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 05:05:54 AM

Price stability is exactly what some people and businesses are waiting for, up until the last week or so that's just what we had.
But for sure the huge price fluctuations we seen in the past was a big draw card, it was just cool to watch.

Bitcoin may become a little more boring for some with a stable price but it will kick a lot more exciting businesses off i think.

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 06:01:46 AM

Price stability is exactly what some people and businesses are waiting for, up until the last week or so that's just what we had.
But for sure the huge price fluctuations we seen in the past was a big draw card, it was just cool to watch.

Bitcoin may become a little more boring for some with a stable price but it will kick a lot more exciting businesses off i think.
That might happen in the future when massive adoption are already achieve but for now it's the game for the traders and investors. When people are coming in to adopt and will continue, that is when the price will become stable and it will be a successful coin use as currency only.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:10:39 AM

I think if the price went constantly down it would lose popularity. Price has to go up long term to keep new interest.  Even with the current slow increase we've been having over last year or so its still not enough to get people interested.  Bitcoin social media is quiet still unless we get new ATHs.
i agree with you if bitcoin drop its price then people will be never interested in bitcoin but bitcoin more increasing its price and a lot of people want to adopt the bitcoin and bitcoin price depend on adoption of bitcoin when adoption increase then bitcoin price already increase and when adoption decrease then bitcoin price already decreasing.

Its the current way of the world, resources are still hard to come by.  If for some reason resources became easy to get people wont care about high or low prices and just judge BTC for what it is.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
betohell

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

I think if the price went constantly down it would lose popularity. Price has to go up long term to keep new interest.  Even with the current slow increase we've been having over last year or so its still not enough to get people interested.  Bitcoin social media is quiet still unless we get new ATHs.
yeah I think that will make people interested in bitcoin when the price down, but waluapun prices hold steady with an increase that is not too large or can be said to be stable, it is not a problem

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:45:44 AM

Its true that the stability of price is something that is actually a factor that so many people are considering in coming into Bitcoin especially Business that wants to quote their prices because a day the .03 could be 20$ and in the next minute its 25$ or even fall to 15$ this is a serious issue of concern. On the other hand its also a factor that is bringing people in with the objective that I can buy 20$ now and it could amount to 23$ before closing and opening my eyes so that makes it fun...
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 11:03:32 AM

Even if bitcoin gets adopted by a lot more exciting new businesses but it wont be fun using bitcoin as a person if its price stays stable for always, it is really fun to watch that fluctuation and see when you gain and when you lose dollars from the amount of bitcoins you have.
kxp

Activity: 144
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 11:11:41 AM

I don't know for everyone else, but for me it'd be great if BTC had a stable price. I actually never even tried to make any money by trading and most times I lose (don't know why, but I always lose on currency exchanges in real life, maybe I am just not lucky).

For me Bitcoin is great cause one can use it without any docs or verifications (e.g. it is anonymous) and no company can shut your account down like PayPal used to do.

It is just fast and convenient for me as both a seller and buyer.
Even if bitcoin gets adopted by a lot more exciting new businesses but it wont be fun using bitcoin as a person if its price stays stable for always, it is really fun to watch that fluctuation and see when you gain and when you lose dollars from the amount of bitcoins you have.
I don't think it is fun, well if you gain money it may be, but if one day you wake up and see that you actually got less money than you've expected I don't think it is very funny.

Warning! My negative trust is a result of unfair competitor's action! I received my reputation not for scamming anyone but for being an account seller - check it yourself!
arseaboy

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 12:40:54 PM

I don't know for everyone else, but for me it'd be great if BTC had a stable price. I actually never even tried to make any money by trading and most times I lose (don't know why, but I always lose on currency exchanges in real life, maybe I am just not lucky).

For me Bitcoin is great cause one can use it without any docs or verifications (e.g. it is anonymous) and no company can shut your account down like PayPal used to do.

It is just fast and convenient for me as both a seller and buyer.
I don't think it is fun, well if you gain money it may be, but if one day you wake up and see that you actually got less money than you've expected I don't think it is very funny.
Losing money is a big deal.. you will feel very bad about it especially if you earned it in a hard way. Maybe he/she have a different way to treat of losing money and that for him/her it's funny.. I don't know maybe to lighten up his/her feelings.  Wink

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:05:44 PM

I'm sure in the minds of those who aren't knowledgeable about Bitcoins they might have heard from their friends or news sources about the Bitcoins price and how it used to be about $1000 and rose in just few days from about $600. But popularity of Bitcoin for those who know about it and how it functions means that it's decentralized and not regulated by any Government body. Bitcoin is popular for allowing people to be their own bank and not to rely on Government controlled financial bodies.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:42:19 PM

Bitcoin won't is stable for a long time, and that is because you have to know that the price is always changing and now it is also rising, so that is very nice for people who are waiting.

And it will be really hard to know what is going to happen in the future so that is the bad thing of it.
CroIsBest

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:45:52 PM

Yea it will be popular why not but i think that bitcoin will be less popular because of govrements laws and then new cryptocurrencies will be popular but i think that it will not affect to bitcoin stole 1 place.
overcliff433

Activity: 216
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:51:19 PM

It would be a lot more popular, people are, usually, scared about volatility because they always think that their money could be lost at any given second
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:43:31 PM

i agree with you if bitcoin drop its price then people will be never interested in bitcoin but bitcoin more increasing its price and a lot of people want to adopt the bitcoin and bitcoin price depend on adoption of bitcoin when adoption increase then bitcoin price already increase and when adoption decrease then bitcoin price already decreasing.
you are right that bitcoin increasing its price and more people adopting bitcoin in huge amount and i think bitcoin getting more popularity day by day and i think bitcoin will be soon get approve by government because bitcoin is very famous currency.
lakisis

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:18:32 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 10:57:13 PM by lakisis

yeah bitcoin will be still popular if bitcoin price had stable , and there is maximum people put their money into bitcoin and people start to more trade in bitcoin and some people growing their bitcoin through altcoin trading.
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 04:50:38 AM

yeah bitcoin will be still popular if bitcoin price had stable , and there is maximum people put their money into bitcoin and people start to more trade in bitcoin and some people growing their bitcoin through altcoin trading.

No it won't be popular as it will be today, because if bitcoin has stable price or let's say the exact price. It will not attract the investors if bitcoin has this kind of characteristic. But because of bitcoins decentralization and not having stable price, this is making thousands and even millions of investors (I think) to attract them into investing with it.
It will be more popular I guess but on a different level, when the price is stable more people will still use it like those shopping in big merchants who will eventually adopt. In addition, the gambling sites will still adopt bitcoin because people are not hoping for the price increase as long as they can use bitcoin to gamble.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Kelarid

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 03:20:11 PM

No it won't be popular as it will be today, because if bitcoin has stable price or let's say the exact price. It will not attract the investors if bitcoin has this kind of characteristic. But because of bitcoins decentralization and not having stable price, this is making thousands and even millions of investors (I think) to attract them into investing with it.
It will be more popular I guess but on a different level, when the price is stable more people will still use it like those shopping in big merchants who will eventually adopt. In addition, the gambling sites will still adopt bitcoin because people are not hoping for the price increase as long as they can use bitcoin to gamble.

When the bitcoin market capitalisation is more than 10 trillion dollars, the price will be more stable.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 07:02:10 AM

Yes, I agree! Price really matter. Why people now are getting interested with bitcoins? I think its because of its continuously increasing of price was the main reason. People are always looking for the best digital currency of crypto currency, like what they said, Collect and Select. Among all, bitcoins reach the highest price and got more popular and popular, Many investors also recognise bitcoins and invest for it. If its price was stable and too small, it might be left behind. 
Ziskinberg

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636

For campaign management look for Little Mouse!

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 07:25:57 AM

Yes, I agree! Price really matter. Why people now are getting interested with bitcoins? I think its because of its continuously increasing of price was the main reason. People are always looking for the best digital currency of crypto currency, like what they said, Collect and Select. Among all, bitcoins reach the highest price and got more popular and popular, Many investors also recognise bitcoins and invest for it. If its price was stable and too small, it might be left behind. 
We can be more specific I guess, the price matters and it would be better for us to see bigger prices of bitcoin. With the price increasing it encourage us to put our money in bitcoin because we are thinking it as our investment and hoping the future will be great for us.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
agamasrori

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 05:14:26 AM

I think its hard to make bitcoin price stable becouse when the halving day comes the price of bitcoin will pump depend on the demand.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 05:58:42 AM

That's the problem with bitcoin, a lot of people buy just for especulation, just to make money selling in the future, looks like a big scheme.

If people start to use it more as a currency, focusing on accepting the coin on market and things like that would be great and this will increase more the price than just holding and pumping without reason.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: