Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:23:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171703 times)
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:34:27 AM

- I think not, many people come to Bitcoin because its value changes continuously over time, it gives investors a good profit. We all know the bitcoin also because of its value and potential, if it is too stable, it will not have anything called potential and there will be no popularity
- The price of bitcoin will never be stable or only stable for a short time, the amount of people who know bitcoin is increasing rapidly, so the value of bitcoin will change. That will make it more popular every day
Suppose if it stable for long time then slowly it ill lose their popularity in digital market. So it keep on changing every short period of time. and this price fluctuation will attract many traders and investors to do Bitcoin business, otherwise people will find other source to make money. If the bitcoin price stable at high price then it is only useful for Bitcoin earners from different source.
I love Bitcoin only for this feature fluctuation of price. As Bitcoin has treat most popular investment simply here attraction only Bitcoin price which is changing every short period of time. Of course, a stable price will be still popular with many retailers. That's proved different people have a different mentality and it's normal because everyone wants to make a profit.
I think it is not a problem for me when the price of bitcoin become stable. because I also use bitcoin not only for investment but also for option payments and send money
Kanine Awe

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:36:45 AM

I think the volatile nature of the price is what draws a lot of people. A lot of people love gambling with it, and just buying it is somewhat of a gamble.  I think the instability makes it much more appealing.
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 10:34:53 AM

Yes if bitcoin has a stable price it will still be popular, but more popular ? because most of people today doesn't involved or know bitcoin today. I don't know if it will be more popular and i haven't heard bitcoin on the T.V. news even one time. If it does it can be more popular.
21kevin21

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 10:39:28 AM

No. Bitcoin can not be stable, because it is not controlled by anyone and depends only on user activity.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:49:37 PM

No. Bitcoin can not be stable, because it is not controlled by anyone and depends only on user activity.
Is that what you think? In my own experience since i started use bitcoin in my daily transaction and see's what really happens on bitcoin i think 1 country had a full control of the price of bitcoin thats why the price decrease and increase that fast what do you think
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:01:57 PM

In order for the price to become stable, there must be a strong support for its usage. And bitcoin must reach a stage where it is matured enough to withstand volatility. That might not happen anytime soon as there is still very little usage going around and admittedly, it is only being treated as an investment by many, I included.
I think one of the best way to have that stability for bitcoin price is by having a lot of users because if we have a lot of users then there will be an enough demand in the market that will buy and lessen the supply with fair distribution in those investors or buyers, As the bitcoin gets stabilize then it will get popular because the stores will accept it because they are used to fixed amount of money and not on volatile one.
Having lot of bitcoin users will not make Bitcoin price stable. If the bitcoin users increase day by day, then we see a lot of variation in bitcoin price. And it will help for traders to make some money. If the price is stable, then all bitcoin business will stop. Becasue people have invested money on bitcoin to make some money once the price hit big margin. Is the stable price means it is a big loss for investors and traders.
We can simply translate that by having an increase in users means there will be an increase in demand which means the price will go up. Also I have not yet think of a scenario in which Bitcoin will have a stable price not unless all the supply is mined out or if the block reward is so small to consider. By having all the supply of Bitcoin out it means that we can now easily match the demand of for it. Like in Oil production some countries deliberately cut their supply to increase the price of Oil, that is how easily we can manipulate prices because of its supply and demand.
Neo_matrix

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:52:43 PM

Is that what you think? In my own experience since i started use bitcoin in my daily transaction and see's what really happens on bitcoin i think 1 country had a full control of the price of bitcoin thats why the price decrease and increase that fast what do you think

Do you think that China controls the price of bitcoin?
Despite this, bitcoin is very unstable and we often see a fall and a price recovery.
But if the price becomes stable then bitcoin will lose popularity
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:52:26 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2017, 06:07:42 AM by el kaka22

Do you think that China controls the price of bitcoin?
Despite this, bitcoin is very unstable and we often see a fall and a price recovery.
But if the price becomes stable then bitcoin will lose popularity
It is really unsure if people will still use it or not if the price stabilizes, I mean look at the gold it does not have a volatile price but it is still popular even after all this time.

I think bitcoin will change from being a type of investment to a global currency since it will become stable it will be the perfect thing to use for fast payments because that is the problem with cryptocurrencies not being used everywhere is because of their instability.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
hinatashoyou

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:39:29 AM

No, the unstable bitcoin price keeps people interested in taking advantage of it. Motive for maximum profit in a short time spur people know and use bitcoin
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:13:27 AM

The potential for growth makes Bitcoin valuable as an investment and the volatility is good for traders. If the price was consistent, Bitcoin could still be used as a method of payment or a way to send money to others.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:33:40 AM

In order for the price to become stable, there must be a strong support for its usage. And bitcoin must reach a stage where it is matured enough to withstand volatility. That might not happen anytime soon as there is still very little usage going around and admittedly, it is only being treated as an investment by many, I included.
I think one of the best way to have that stability for bitcoin price is by having a lot of users because if we have a lot of users then there will be an enough demand in the market that will buy and lessen the supply with fair distribution in those investors or buyers, As the bitcoin gets stabilize then it will get popular because the stores will accept it because they are used to fixed amount of money and not on volatile one.
Having lot of bitcoin users will not make Bitcoin price stable. If the bitcoin users increase day by day, then we see a lot of variation in bitcoin price. And it will help for traders to make some money. If the price is stable, then all bitcoin business will stop. Becasue people have invested money on bitcoin to make some money once the price hit big margin. Is the stable price means it is a big loss for investors and traders.
We can simply translate that by having an increase in users means there will be an increase in demand which means the price will go up. Also I have not yet think of a scenario in which Bitcoin will have a stable price not unless all the supply is mined out or if the block reward is so small to consider. By having all the supply of Bitcoin out it means that we can now easily match the demand of for it. Like in Oil production some countries deliberately cut their supply to increase the price of Oil, that is how easily we can manipulate prices because of its supply and demand.

That's simply scarcity which we already have by now. The supply of bitcoin isn't limited and even when the block reward is very small to none at all, there will be a decrease and increase in the demand. That makes bitcoin have an unstable price like we have right now. But the difference will be it will be more and more volatile since there are bitcoins that gets stuck in a wallet. Like when people hold their coin for a long time or when the owner died or don't have any access with his wallet anymore.

When the supply of bitcoin has stopped right now, people will start holding their coins. Making bitcoin more volatile. And there will be more sell order once the price has increased drastically.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

quzai

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:35:16 PM

I am only worried for the price of Bitcoin up rather than many other people joining it, although many other people joining it will result in a price increase.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:02:08 PM

If you thinking as a trader than it would be popular for you as you are taking advantage of its volatility. But thinking for the majority it would be good for the consumer to have a stable currency. Because even sellers are looking for a stable currency to work with, as they don't want an unpredictable currency on their balance sheets. If you want the better good for everyone then we need to be ok with Bitcoin being stable.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1301

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 01:05:51 PM

I would rather not think of this on a country basis but I do agree that such things are true since the population using bitcoin is a very small fraction of the entire world and hence they cant influence the price to change by huge amounts in a single month. So maybe there are some underground operations going on and the prices are being pumped by specific countries.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
SoulBargain

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:55:12 PM

If you thinking as a trader than it would be popular for you as you are taking advantage of its volatility. But thinking for the majority it would be good for the consumer to have a stable currency. Because even sellers are looking for a stable currency to work with, as they don't want an unpredictable currency on their balance sheets. If you want the better good for everyone then we need to be ok with Bitcoin being stable.

I truly agree with you. It is in fact that stability in all currency wether it is fiat or cryptocurrencies. The volatility of Bitcoin is, I think, one of the reasons that the governments will not adapt this. Though we can't neglect the fact that the fluctuations of its prices is indeed beneficial but the worry that the consumers has wether it will go up or go down. If Bitcoin has come to some point to stabilize then we can say that it will gain more popularity because they will be more at ease.
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:34:15 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
At the present time now bitcoin had so many community that has been established for several years. and because of that the demand became instantly strong and others big companies was also adopted the concept and features of bitcoin anyway.
bouren

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:41:18 PM

Stable bitcoin is like bread without butter. It will have no charm and people who are using it as a mean of investment will leave it completely. Therefore, there will be a complete downward surge in the demand of Bitcoins and it will ultimately turn to be extinct commodity with no value
StarCitizen999

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:49:38 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
At the present time now bitcoin had so many community that has been established for several years. and because of that the demand became instantly strong and others big companies was also adopted the concept and features of bitcoin anyway.

I'm not sure that, thanks to the communities, bitcoin will be able to remain popular in such a situation. After all, many use bitcoin as an investment. And for investors, a stable price is unattractive
karinaA

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:34:57 PM

I am sure, although bitcoin prices remain stable, it will become popular. Well, bitcoin prices are higher than other altcoin prices. So of course bitcoin hunters will still look for bitcoin, not as an investment, but as money will be made in cash.

I doubt it. Few people use bitcoin only because of anonymity. Many bitcoins attract only a steady rise in price. Bitcoin will lose a lot of users if this happens
Finestream

Activity: 3080
Merit: 608

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:02:36 AM

I am sure, although bitcoin prices remain stable, it will become popular. Well, bitcoin prices are higher than other altcoin prices. So of course bitcoin hunters will still look for bitcoin, not as an investment, but as money will be made in cash.

I doubt it. Few people use bitcoin only because of anonymity. Many bitcoins attract only a steady rise in price. Bitcoin will lose a lot of users if this happens
It will not become stable without more people adopting with it, that is the outcome for balance distribution if possible, but if it is only stable because it was manipulated, it would not last for long. The current situation is a game for the investors and the traders, that is because we are still in the early stage but as bitcoin stays longer, we can see a spread of usage and demand in different part of the world which will lessen the price volatility.

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: