Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:10:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171696 times)
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 03:11:51 PM

As always bitcoin will remain popular and the price is now soaring from your estimate of $ 0.01 - 0.10 Smiley
So what are you waiting for, just believe with bitcoin now

I do hope the prices touch 1.5kUSD this year at least if not even better. That would be insane for the traders since there is just so much increase in the price of bitcoin currently. The more people are using and buying bitcoin the prices rise and rise even more. We all are here mostly because of the price since we do trading on coins and hope to make profit out of it. Bitcoin is popular due to its own reasons and also due to its price.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:34:29 PM

As always bitcoin will remain popular and the price is now soaring from your estimate of $ 0.01 - 0.10 Smiley
I do believe on bitcoin and I also think everyone should belive on bitcoin. because besides everything the fact is that bitcoin is the future currency. and I don't think bitcoin's price will matter a lot. 
axorb

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:05:35 PM

I do believe on bitcoin and I also think everyone should belive on bitcoin. because besides everything the fact is that bitcoin is the future currency. and I don't think bitcoin's price will matter a lot. 

You mean to say that if price of bitcoins falls in future still it will hold the same popularity? I don't think so as if price will crash down then many people would not be interested in using it and will switch to some other investments.
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406

Wolf

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:22:44 PM

You mean to say that if price of bitcoins falls in future still it will hold the same popularity? I don't think so as if price will crash down then many people would not be interested in using it and will switch to some other investments.
Yes, It's too unrealistic because most of the bitcoin users came cause they wanna earn money rather than finding it as a future if technology or something . Of course there will be people who will stay but don't expect it to be the same as always . But I believe that cryptocurrency will always be popular as it is now because it already gived an impact on peoples life they will just switch to other altcoin if they ever lose hope on bitcoin .

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
majeed

Activity: 526
Merit: 253

Damn

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:46:25 PM

Hm. THis is a hard question and I dont think that many people can answer it with obvious evidence from their perspective. If Bitcoin has a stable prices and the prices are about $10000, I bet that many people will use it in order to avoid the inflation
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 12:14:46 PM

People who are earning bitcoins will be satisfied to see the stable price of bitcoins and they will continue to earn bitcoins as it can give them stable income but those who are involved in trading will surely not like the stable price of bitcoins as with stable price they cannot make good profits which they are making at a moment with price fluctuations.

Stable price doesn't mean stable income. Fiat is a concrete example. To be honest, what is bitcoin if you can't take advantage of its price and trade it. Bitcoin was meant to be a currency but because of the price volatility, it has turned into a speculative asset. If people didn't invest money on bitcoins for trading, the price of bitcoin surely have turned out very low instead and someone would have thought to make the exact same coin but the price would be based on the law of supply and demand like it obviously is supposed to be.

Since bitcoin is basing its price as of today on fiat, then save yourself from the conversion effort and transactions fees if the price becomes stable.

Reason? Fiat is inflating, so would be the price/value of bitcoins.

nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 12:23:25 PM

Yes it will probably be like gold in digital form but I'm not sure it will happen because bitcoin is decentral and bitcoin holders will not get much profit, I like the fluctuating bitcoin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 03:17:54 PM

Yes it will probably be like gold in digital form but I'm not sure it will happen because bitcoin is decentral and bitcoin holders will not get much profit, I like the fluctuating bitcoin

It wont be happening anytime soon considering the importance as a trading commodity in people's minds. Many traders are thriving on the fluctuation in prices, making daily profits there and thus leveraging the market even more. That drives the economy and the price of bitcoin considering a local currency. If it get stagnant then traders are likely to sell some coins - while others will buy it - so the stagnancy will be temporary and not permanent.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:02:04 PM

If bitcoin has a stable price then it will not become popular because bitcoin is known as a volatile kind of currency in the market and one of the fastest growing kind of stock in the market so if it is not volatile and just stable on its price then there is no interested people that may show up and buy some bitcoins because being stable is boring for some people like me.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 10:39:56 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
There is a chance since price doesn't matter in order to give or use something's value.
Price will always be the most important thing in bitcoin. When bitcoin prices become stable maybe some people will go but as long as bitcoin is still valuable then bitcoin will remain popular
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 11:26:11 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
There is a chance since price doesn't matter in order to give or use something's value.
Price will always be the most important thing in bitcoin. When bitcoin prices become stable maybe some people will go but as long as bitcoin is still valuable then bitcoin will remain popular

It certainly remain popular and more will be going to invest and wanted to earn bitcoin. With that stability of price there it happens that bitcoin will became the world's most established currency in the future of all currencies. There will be a a future plans for thr goverment of different countries to implement this kind of bitcoin money currency, and I can vision out that paper money will just changed to a bitcoim logo in the future. It would bring large effect to the entire country sociery abd it's the challenging part of the people's live to adopt this digital currency system.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 11:37:55 PM

It wont be happening anytime soon considering the importance as a trading commodity in people's minds. Many traders are thriving on the fluctuation in prices, making daily profits there and thus leveraging the market even more. That drives the economy and the price of bitcoin considering a local currency. If it get stagnant then traders are likely to sell some coins - while others will buy it - so the stagnancy will be temporary and not permanent.
Now, people have different opinions on what I'm about to say, but having volatility is a very important part of the market for Bitcoin, or at least it used to be. Not sure if it has that much of an impact anymore. Something that really drew early investors in was the ability to make a lot off of the swings so prevalent in the market, nowadays I don't know if investors care all that much. I think everyone is just looking for growth.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 11:48:21 PM

Now, people have different opinions on what I'm about to say, but having volatility is a very important part of the market for Bitcoin, or at least it used to be. Not sure if it has that much of an impact anymore. Something that really drew early investors in was the ability to make a lot off of the swings so prevalent in the market, nowadays I don't know if investors care all that much. I think everyone is just looking for growth.
the point is, without volatility bitcoin will have less marketcap because traders are what brought so many investments in bitcoin, volatility really matter

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:53:42 AM

the point is, without volatility bitcoin will have less marketcap because traders are what brought so many investments in bitcoin, volatility really matter

Correct, we are here, we invest here in bitcoin because the fluctuation of the value we see the possible income in that situation, that also attract more people to invest in bitcoin. But it would still popular as online job and not popular for the investor if the value was still high.
fopilo

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:57:38 AM

i think bitcoin will be more popular when bitcoin have fluctuating prices. you can see the volume in each exchange can rise so high. I would expect that it would be more accepted by people as a stable store of value. However, It may not be used as a long term investment because there would be little potential for gain.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 04:33:39 AM

i think bitcoin will be more popular when bitcoin have fluctuating prices. you can see the volume in each exchange can rise so high. I would expect that it would be more accepted by people as a stable store of value. However, It may not be used as a long term investment because there would be little potential for gain.
That's the point of this topic, thinking if the price is stable would it be as popular as it is now. It's popular with the tech-savvy people like some people here and me also. I'm amazed what the Bitcoin has been through and what it could do in the future.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
wicaksono

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:15:02 PM

Okay no one can predict the price of bitcoin will fall or grow at this time, which is the question "If Bitcoin has a stable price, would it still be as popular?"
I answered the bitcoin will remain popular, because that's the fact for now.
We can only hope that bitcoin will remain stable and will not fall in the future.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:36:17 PM

That's the point of this topic, thinking if the price is stable would it be as popular as it is now. It's popular with the tech-savvy people like some people here and me also. I'm amazed what the Bitcoin has been through and what it could do in the future.
just because a lot of people want a stable price ,
doesn't mean once the bitcoin price stable guaranteed to become more popular ,
it could harm the current condition when some people looking for a volatile price ,
especially a trader , they really love it.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 03:15:49 PM

But the thing is as soon a the market become a big stagnant, there will be rise of some pumping groups who will pump coins and make the price fall. Immediately huge number of traders will buy bitcoin and raise the price again. Again others will sell and the cycle will continue. This is why the market wont become stagnant anytime soon. The traders will allow volatility be there otherwise there is no profit for them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:35:29 PM

I dont think that bitcoin would have been popular if its price were stable. We already have lots of fiat currency which have stable price. People wouldn't have opted bitcoin then, just because it is decentralised. Most of the people here invested in bitcoin to get higher returns in future. Bitcoin's volatility is the biggest driving force for it.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: