Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:26:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171696 times)
bitterguy28

Activity: 2016
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 02:30:50 AM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

a big yes bitcoin so far so good very strong the value still stable the price value of bitcoin, speaking bitcoin still be as popupalr i think yes again i heard the australian government the bitcoin treated as money thats a one sign the popularization og bitcoin in the world of decentralized cryptocurrency.

Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:11:42 PM

No, bitcoin could be more used as store of value for one side its price were more stable, but big investors wouldn’t be around making milionaires all weeks, besides that crypto is making the money to circulate no matter if you are rich or poor, all has an opportunity to reach success.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:55:30 PM

I think if bitcoin will have a stable price it would not be as popular as it is today because the reason why people are looking for bitcoin is because they are hoping that what they earn today will be double after few months. They all believe that the value of bitcoin has no limit yet and it will continue to appreciate. So if it has an fixed value it will become as normal as other currencies.
well the instability of the bitcoin is an advantage and for some people it is an advantage at the same time because it’s a kind of game in which you are not aware of your luck either you will win or you will loss you cannot make any prediction about your luck suppose if the price of the bitcoin is 10$ today and tomorrow it will be 14$ go it will encourage the users to invest in bitcoin and it will take the price of the bitcoin more high. So! I think unstable bitcoin is better than a stable one.
LegendaryMiner

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

DAG, Built-in Chat and Conditional Payments

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:25:42 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
I dont think so. Having a non-stable price of bitcoin makes it popular. Because there are chances that its price will pump very high but also dump after all. But who cares it will be back again to its price sooner. The best thing about here is that it has no fixed price, it is not limited.
That's because much of the market is driven by speculation in the current state. But once Bitcoin achieves mass adoption, stability will be much more important, especially for merchants.

wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:29:10 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 02:14:47 AM by wahb

I dont think so. Having a non-stable price of bitcoin makes it popular. Because there are chances that its price will pump very high but also dump after all. But who cares it will be back again to its price sooner. The best thing about here is that it has no fixed price, it is not limited.
That's because much of the market is driven by speculation in the current state. But once Bitcoin achieves mass adoption, stability will be much more important, especially for merchants.
it is depending on the interest of the people and  think that every after becoming stable people will continue interest in bitcoin and therefore it will continue as popular. in fact people will like to use bitcoin as for shopping and for some many other purposes for which it is too much necessary that bitcoin have a stable price.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:14:24 AM

The thing is some people invested into bitcoin because the huge price achieved for something very new, the 1000 dollars bringed huge investment into bitcoin. The fluctuations around bitcoin were the main reason people close their positions or took their savings and camed to bitcoin.
Believe it or not fluctuate also that makes users and investors join bitcoin. They are interested in using bitcoin because they think that investing in bitcoin is beneficial in a short time of course because of the help of bitcoin, if fluctuations dissapear probably many of them will be disappointed. Because it will not benefit quickly again
zaisha

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:39:21 AM

I think that if bitcoin is a stable price, it will not be very popular, I believe that most people like me, are a speculator, from which to earn the difference to obtain profits, bitcoin currency prices stable, early will not have extensive popularity. Smiley
matanglawin

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:08:02 AM

In depends on the kind of dtability. It it is highly stable, of course it will be still popular or maybe, more popular. Would also be a reason for more countries to make it legal that will make the demand bigger which is definitely in favor to Bitcoin community. If it will be fairly stable, it might be still popular but, if other crypto will be more profitable than Bitcoin, users might transfer to that crypto that will be a disadvantage to Bitcoin.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:27:16 AM

Definitely. I think volatility is Bitcoin's biggest disadvantage for the reason that it is decentralized. And maybe it is also a reason why there are still countries where Bitcoin is not yet legal. And if stability will take place, we may assume that it will be legal to most of the countries that will make its demand, highly stable. And high demand meand high value. High value means bigger profit. Bigger profit will lead to popularity amongst investtors and users.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:48:17 AM

Definitely. I think volatility is Bitcoin's biggest disadvantage for the reason that it is decentralized. And maybe it is also a reason why there are still countries where Bitcoin is not yet legal. And if stability will take place, we may assume that it will be legal to most of the countries that will make its demand, highly stable. And high demand meand high value. High value means bigger profit. Bigger profit will lead to popularity amongst investtors and users.
It's not a disadvantage I think because with traders who like to buy and sell regularly it will help improve the circulation.
The nature of bitcoin is volatile due to its limited supply, and everyone has their own goal while those who like to hold will surely gonna
do it for longer term and as the demand increases the price swings.
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:28:54 AM

No, trader are into bitcoin because of the unstable price that could give them profit rather than trading fiat that it will take them a long time to make profit. On forex, the risk is more because the choices are limited unlike cryptocurrencies where you can divide your investment in many altcoins.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:46:15 AM

It's not a disadvantage I think because with traders who like to buy and sell regularly it will help improve the circulation.
The nature of bitcoin is volatile due to its limited supply, and everyone has their own goal while those who like to hold will surely gonna
do it for longer term and as the demand increases the price swings.
Volatility of bitcoin is a huge advantage because that is how the price keeps moving up and that is why a lot of people are getting into bitcoin that makes bitcoin a very popular currency rather than the others. Volatility is thing that i like the most in bitcoin and i don't think that there is any point that we can say that is a disadvantage because that is an impossible thing.
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:51:08 AM

As if you were saying : usd rates doesn't change often , will people still like it ?
Of course they will do . Stability is a great future if you already don't know about that .
Elderly people/governments/shops would've been way more interested in it if it was this stable . It's the best/most know crypto in the world , so yes it'll still be popular .
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:07:39 PM

I really don't think so.How many people do you think would know what bitcoin is if it weren't for the volatility of bitcoin ? Maybe some people will prefer it because of its other features.Most people in this forum are using bitcoin not because they think it has an amazing future or here to contribute to the field of crypto-currency but they see this forum as a means of income in the form of bitcoin and  hence they are here for it.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Pepito Manaloto

Activity: 377

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:23:21 PM

Yes it will be still popular and maybe, more popular. One of the problems of Bitcoin legalization to most of the countries is because of its volatility or lack of market value stability. If it will be stable, it will surely be legal to more countries , more people will use it as a currency that will make its demand high. And ofcourse, like other cryptocurrency, if the demand is high, its price will increase. And if the price is high, more people will invest to it. It's like a cycle.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:28:20 PM

No, trader are into bitcoin because of the unstable price that could give them profit rather than trading fiat that it will take them a long time to make profit. On forex, the risk is more because the choices are limited unlike cryptocurrencies where you can divide your investment in many altcoins.
I agree most traders are also came from stocks and forex market so when they see the big potential of bitcoin to alt coin market they simply switch and enjoy
the fluctuation if bitcoin got stable value maybe they will not entertain this system and keep their stocks since its just the same flow.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:43:59 AM

It's very hard to achieve Bitcoin to be stable. I don't know if that would affect its popularity but it would affect the status on the financial market. But then the whole story with Bitcoin would go in some other way, not necessary better then it is now.
It is not hard for bitcoin to get stable because it just need a lot more investor and holder of bitcoin to be able to get stable on its price. If bitcoin will get a lot of holders then there will be only a few supply in the market and because of that low supply the market will get forced to be stable and that is how i believe bitcoin will become stable in price.
Stable prices will surely occur due to the growing user growth. When the market cap and volume becomes very large will certainly give effect on the price movements that become slow and it can be said to be stable. But we do not know is it bitcoin will remain popular or not, whereas currently most users prefer fluctuating prices than stable prices

dragonusa9

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:51:55 AM

It's very hard to achieve Bitcoin to be stable. I don't know if that would affect its popularity but it would affect the status on the financial market. But then the whole story with Bitcoin would go in some other way, not necessary better then it is now.
It is not hard for bitcoin to get stable because it just need a lot more investor and holder of bitcoin to be able to get stable on its price. If bitcoin will get a lot of holders then there will be only a few supply in the market and because of that low supply the market will get forced to be stable and that is how i believe bitcoin will become stable in price.
Stable prices will surely occur due to the growing user growth. When the market cap and volume becomes very large will certainly give effect on the price movements that become slow and it can be said to be stable. But we do not know is it bitcoin will remain popular or not, whereas currently most users prefer fluctuating prices than stable prices
i think that if bitcoin had a stable price, it would still be popular. because this is brand new currency that can be used.
but i dont really think its the same popular when it can fluctuate a lot. however i choose bitcoin because of the how easy using and earn that thing.
HasHe

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:19:41 AM

Traders get profits by trading mainly due to the increase and decrease in the value of bitcoin.If bitcoin price gets stable,then traders might lose their interest in buying bitcoins.
      On the other hand,retailers who don't come forward to accept bitcoin as payment because of its volatile nature would start accepting bitcoins if it becomes stable.Also,most countries which didn't legalize bitcoin due to its volatile nature would come forward to legalize it.
Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:26:08 AM

I think no. The reason why many people got interested to the bitcoin is because of the price. The bitcoin become popular because of the continuing to rise up of the price. Many people got shocked when the price of the bitcoin became $2000.
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: