Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:23:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171696 times)
Cormoran

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:19:39 PM

I think that for many coin holders, as for me, the stable price of bitcoin would not bring benefits. What is the use of keeping coins for a long time if they do not bring in income

Uh. If bitcoin had a stable price, the benefit of holding it for a long time would be exactly that - the stable price and large-scale acceptance of it as a valuable asset, regardless of what happens to your national currency or anything else. Just like gold bars, except a bit easier to use in actual transactions and perhaps slightly less shiny. Even if it stopped fluctuating several percentage points a day, it could still be bought and sold as a vehicle of speculation, just like gold is now - for example, people who bought gold when it was $1k/oz are now up 30% or so based on the geopolitical instability and fear; when Trump and Kim started comparing penis sizes, the rest of the world started taking their money out of more volatile assets like the stock market and buying gold because of its perceived stability. In this case, as many others, perception is as close to reality as it gets. Another phrase for it, of course, is mass hysteria. Tongue
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:51:30 AM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
In my opinion it will be more popular. Having a stable price will welcome investors that doesn't to take the risk into investing to bitcoin because it is volatile. As an investor  ofcourse you will go as possible with something that is less risky to have an assure profit. And if Bitcoin will be less volatile, it will catch the attention of more people and will make it more popular.
If you ask me, if bitcoin had stable prices, it wouldn't have been able to touch its current value. Moreover, if the prices become stable even now, people will take it as an asset like gold. Volatility has attracted many people but still the fluctuation should not be at this much rate as it is now. It causes panic among users.
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:36:32 PM

If Bitcoin is stable. May not be popular, because the user is little / less. What's more the lower bitcoin stability at a bargain price, no one will probably use it. With a slight rise in bitcoin prices and rises, even though the price will go down, it will definitely go back up to the higher prices. That's what makes bitcoin more popular from year to year.
You have rightly said that its prices will increase again and this downfall is just temporary. I think if the prices get stable, there will be no more popularity of Bitcoin. The only reason we are seeing this many investors is none other than its increase in market value. If this longer no more, there will remain no purpose of investing in it.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:57:46 PM

If Bitcoin is stable. May not be popular, because the user is little / less. What's more the lower bitcoin stability at a bargain price, no one will probably use it. With a slight rise in bitcoin prices and rises, even though the price will go down, it will definitely go back up to the higher prices. That's what makes bitcoin more popular from year to year.
You have rightly said that its prices will increase again and this downfall is just temporary. I think if the prices get stable, there will be no more popularity of Bitcoin. The only reason we are seeing this many investors is none other than its increase in market value. If this longer no more, there will remain no purpose of investing in it.
I believe if bitcoin will become stable it will have less users less popularity. Why people and users into bitcoin? Because of it's volatility it's value that it may decrease and increase anytime. People tends to use and invest in bitcoin because of freedom to earn income.
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:34:09 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
Yes, bitcoin is still be popular and nobody can stop it. Nowadays many and become many want to know bitcoins and many use bitcoins. Aside from that many want to earn bitcoins, they are searching for any business that could earn bitcoins and one of this is signature campaign in this forum. I, myself is one of this people who are enjoying the job in order to earn bitcoins.
I also think that if the price of bitcoin will remain as stable for a long time still bitcoin will remain popular and even its popularity will be increasing too much.
Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 606

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:40:52 PM

Yes, bitcoin is still be popular and nobody can stop it. Nowadays many and become many want to know bitcoins and many use bitcoins. Aside from that many want to earn bitcoins, they are searching for any business that could earn bitcoins and one of this is signature campaign in this forum. I, myself is one of this people who are enjoying the job in order to earn bitcoins.
I also think that if the price of bitcoin will remain as stable for a long time still bitcoin will remain popular and even its popularity will be increasing too much.
Let's look for a stable increase although we cannot deny that the price sometimes drop but that is normal if you are a believer.
The price movement will never be stable because it's price volatility is the reason why this makes a good investment and the best asset to trade for day traders.

momizel

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:49:17 PM

Basically it would attract bitcon users for having a stable value. But moreover, it would be more attractive if the price 'unstable, so we could have the perfect time when to buy and sell bitcoins
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:15:41 AM

Basically it would attract bitcon users for having a stable value. But moreover, it would be more attractive if the price 'unstable, so we could have the perfect time when to buy and sell bitcoins
I agree to that. We are used to unstable price of bitcoin and that is what we need in bitcoin so we can have a great investment. Bitcoin is volatile and its price is not stable and it can go up or down very hard anytime and that is what the thrill for bitcoin and that is what help us to make money and get rich so if bitcoin is stable then less people will get interested.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:19:23 AM

I agree to that. We are used to unstable price of bitcoin and that is what we need in bitcoin so we can have a great investment. Bitcoin is volatile and its price is not stable and it can go up or down very hard anytime and that is what the thrill for bitcoin and that is what help us to make money and get rich so if bitcoin is stable then less people will get interested.
i think it's been proven that you are an investor, because i think most investors will surely prefer an unstable price because it gives you huge profits in near time right? whereas people who use bitcoin for currency will certainly prefer a stable price change, where I rarely see any favorable response to a stable price in this thread lol
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:49:31 AM

although most users prefer fluctuating or unstable prices but the fact that along with the ever-increasing number of users will increase the number of marketcap and will certainly make the market price changes slower, for those of you who really like fluctuating prices, I think you should be prepared with a stable price
Lumada

Activity: 520

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:53:24 AM

although most users prefer fluctuating or unstable prices but the fact that along with the ever-increasing number of users will increase the number of marketcap and will certainly make the market price changes slower, for those of you who really like fluctuating prices, I think you should be prepared with a stable price

It will be stable when it reached its total volume,but such event will took too long to happen. It will not be possible as of now, having unstable price is still make btc more popular,it's just our idea how to benefit from it.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Thaliron

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:53:05 AM

Yes ofcourse, you can make money without that your government will know about it. If it is stable you can trust that its not dropping heavily again. So you can sleep well at night knowing that your money is safe.

Investers will be sad about that, but they will continue to use it i think.
Jessy Mediola

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:36:17 PM

If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.
Yes. I agree that if the bitcoin has a stable value i think it will be more popular and maybe the good thing it will be legalized worldwide and for me that is a good thing for the bitcoin users.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:15:34 PM

It will be stable when it reached its total volume,but such event will took too long to happen. It will not be possible as of now, having unstable price is still make btc more popular,it's just our idea how to benefit from it.
USDT already become such a good example about the stable crypto, but there is no total volume in the crypto because the sky is the limit and i can worth multi billion dollar, if there will be a demand and supply and that will never make the bitcoin become stable currency.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:45:29 AM

Maybe it will be still popular because the price is not the only matters here the major reason here is to send and received money anonymously and you could possibly send and received money without havingan extra fees not just like other remittance service. thats the reason why i found bitcoin because its so best when it comes for saving your incomes and money.

Yes it will still be popular as a mode of payment since it is fast, flexible and cheaper way to send any amount. Also when it is stable, it will only be used to buy another currency that will be used for trading. But I don’t think that it will have a stable value or a fixed vale as the market or the supply and demands dictates the price.

You do have a point. But for me it is not really as popular as it is because volatility is what makes bitcoin more popular and makes it more interesting. Anyway, it will never going to happen.

sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:47:21 AM

It would be popular because it is more convenient than fiat money. But it is not an investment anymore since its price is fixed already. Also it would be a centralized money if it is fixed or all the bitcoins are mined, it is the only casr that bitcoin will be fixed.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:52:05 AM

About this popular or not, I do not think that it is depends on the stable price, because as long as they can't control their demands, the price will keep on fluctuating and this is what we get profit from. Mean while higher people adapt on bitcoin industry the price will keep on going high. We can't really predict the future about the stable price right now
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:38:29 PM

I think that for many coin holders, as for me, the stable price of bitcoin would not bring benefits. What is the use of keeping coins for a long time if they do not bring in income
I think the volatility in price is attracts some people. But trust me, if price becomes stable lots and lots of people will get in, though a stable price won’t be of any benefit to me; why am I saying? I don’t even depend on the volatility. Anyone, I will take it as I see it.
Qastessa

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:33:12 PM

Bitcoin will be the same as it is today even if the years will be pass it will not lose the value. For me bitcoin is more popular when it has an infatuating value of the price. Price of the bitcoin go high with each transaction I am sure it will be more popular by being accept by the people who are the bitcoin regular users but by ix price the price potential will not be so high as it increase with the change in the price.
Maltven

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:05:55 AM

No because it would be same as money if it had a same price no one would make profit out of it and that is when no one would buy or sell it but it is not a stable price that is why it so popular you

never know what the price would be tomorrow.
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: