Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:38:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171696 times)
kamotharnn

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:24:40 PM

Noway Bitcoin has a stable price, it's against the basic thing that make Bitcoin: "volatile". So If bitcoin has a stable price, they will not a good thing to chasing anymore. Bitcoin is an investment, a digital property that can make good profits. So Stable price will kill bitcoin if it happened.
I totally agree with you. Bitcoin can not become stable and if it does, maybe it will be the end of bitcoin. Bitcoin is a type of investment and people like it because of the volatility. As long as bitcoin keep fluctuating, more and more people will buy bitcoin and hold it as it was a digital gold.
Shikaina

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:36:26 PM

This thread was created in the wrong section. This should be in the Economics sections. Anyhow, to answer you question: A stable price would most likely end up attracting even more people to Bitcoin. One of the major 'cons' that it currently has (for people who consider joining) is that it is very volatile and that you might end up having much less money (e.g. in USD) the day after you've bought some Bitcoin.

This is economics section though. Smiley
On the other hand i am thinking if bitcoin is not popular how could it reach the value it has rigt now if not of popularity there will be not much people who will ingage in bitcoin and if there is not much usage, no demands, no demands no price up but we see the price rise is continuous.
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:53:09 PM

Noway Bitcoin has a stable price, it's against the basic thing that make Bitcoin: "volatile". So If bitcoin has a stable price, they will not a good thing to chasing anymore. Bitcoin is an investment, a digital property that can make good profits. So Stable price will kill bitcoin if it happened.
I totally agree with you. Bitcoin can not become stable and if it does, maybe it will be the end of bitcoin. Bitcoin is a type of investment and people like it because of the volatility. As long as bitcoin keep fluctuating, more and more people will buy bitcoin and hold it as it was a digital gold.
I would disagree mostly price depends on a lot of factors. At the moment we see a huge pumps from which bitcoin gains a big percentages and people who bought their bitcoins way cheaper are dumping by hearing bad news easily, because they are in the profit already. Thats why we have viotality. If bitcoin will stop gaining such big investments, than the viotality would also stop and we wouldnt see drops in 1000$+.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:15:38 AM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
For transaction purpose, it may have still been popular but I am sure it wont be as popular as it is now. Paypal has been a payment processor for years and not everyone knows what paypal is because it is just what it is.

However, bitcoin came with so many things at once installed in one currency and that is what has made it so popular today. Although, it is obvious that the fact that it can make you rich overnight at this early stage of its life is why most people are here today.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:43:21 AM

Definitely not, when the price is stable of course people will easily predict so they just buy according to the need. Bitcoin is very attractive because the price is unpredictable so it makes people curious to have bitcoin.

Indeed and no one will going to invest and hoard bitcoin. Because of value is volatile and fluctuating it will attract more and more people especially the business world. Bitcoin will be unstoppable and it will extend the popularity on every corner of the whole wide world.
Conevesses1976

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:56:00 AM

I think it will be excellent for bitcoin if bitcoin had a steady price tag, simply because several folks will use bitcoin and invest on it and many gold investment will try out bitcoin for prolonged expression expenditure.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:55:05 PM

Absolutely right, If bitcoin has stable price, than what is new in bitcoin and why people use it to gain profit?
Bitcoin has no stable price that’s why everyone could buy in a low price and wait for its price increase and sell on that time, when we know that we get profit from bitcoin.
A man is of the nature to earn money through shortcut and this opportunity provides only bitcoin that’s why people like bitcoin business it is right that now a days people like bitcoin because it is unpredictable and unstable in respect of value and maybe less people would take interest when it becomes stable in price.

I personally think that people would be still interested with stable price because of bitcoins’ independent proceedings.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:07:31 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 07:16:16 AM by filharvey

Definitely,it would get popular among retailers who would readily accept it as payment since they avoided it due to its unstable price.Even  most countries have not legalized it for this reason.

But at the same time,traders who got huge profits by trading using the difference in bitcoin's price would lose their interests in buying bitcoins.They may shift their investments to altcoins.

But the real thing is that bitcoin price could not be stable at any time.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
Heni23

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:58:54 AM

yes as long as it becomes a place to look for profits for that bitcoin will be popular even though the price is stable, because the man who think is profit is not a matter of stable or unstable, which is important profits ...
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:07:16 AM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
In the short term, no, I don't think it would be nearly as popular.  Most of the outside attention that bitcoin gets has to do with its crazy price swings.  "Bitcoin up 5 bazillion percent" headlines get people's attention.  Without that, I don't think there would be much interest outside of those people who are already interested in cryptocurrencies.
Mjuke

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:13:08 AM

In the short term, no, I don't think it would be nearly as popular.  Most of the outside attention that bitcoin gets has to do with its crazy price swings.  "Bitcoin up 5 bazillion percent" headlines get people's attention.  Without that, I don't think there would be much interest outside of those people who are already interested in cryptocurrencies.

I agree with you. I have a couple of friends that invest In stocks and even they have a hard time to get into bitcoin.

I ask them why and mostly they says that it's only interesting when you are the first wave. They keep an eye at it for sure but not serious enough to adapt to it.

Japinat

Activity: 2982
Merit: 681

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:58:39 AM

I agree with you. I have a couple of friends that invest In stocks and even they have a hard time to get into bitcoin.

I ask them why and mostly they says that it's only interesting when you are the first wave. They keep an eye at it for sure but not serious enough to adapt to it.

Then they are wrong, you should explain to them that the price of bitcoin has no limit because it has limited supply but when it's becoming more popular we cannot limit the demand. It's a simple math, in fact if you will understand and you know the trend very well you could make great income here compared to stocks trading.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:10:08 AM

I'm not sure bitcoin will remain popular if the price is stable. because the current of bitcoin is the fluctuating value. sometimes up, sometimes also dropped dramatically. so if the price of bitcoin is stable then will you keep using bitcoin?
Bakugan

Activity: 260
Merit: 28

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:10:29 PM

Right now bitcoin is being popular even at its unstable price so no wonder that if time comes that biycoin's price is stable and higher that the previous value it will remainsl its popularity especially to those investor that invest an big amount in bitcoin and gey a hgher profit that what they expect.

1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:59:47 AM

No never. Humans are too resistant to change unless they have a good reason. If they are not getting a good return they wont shift to crypto.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:17:21 AM

because many people are interested in the bitcoin first because of the possible fast benefits offered by bitcoin, the proof is most bitcoin users are traders or short term investment users, so i think when bitcoin prices become stable it will reduce the interest of most users and of course bitcoin will be less popular in the eyes of most users
Official Armor Ceramics

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:21:40 AM

The primary role of bitcoin gas changed significantly. It's not just used for faster transactions, but also as an investment tool. Today, bit coin is thought to be a rather speculative currency, so that no one can predict for sure its value tomorrow. If bit coin had a stable price, it would not be so popular, because now it is used to make money in a moment, many people do nor understand its real role and its possibilities.
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:43:55 AM

It sounds to me like your friends have some understanding of financial markets, and it sounds like they are aware of the risks that are present in investing in cryptos--even bitcoin.  While I think that you really do need to be in the first wave of other cryptos to stand a good chance of making a significant profit, I think bitcoin still has waves left in it...but of course I don't know for sure.

Then they are wrong, you should explain to them that the price of bitcoin has no limit because it has limited supply but when it's becoming more popular we cannot limit the demand. It's a simple math, in fact if you will understand and you know the trend very well you could make great income here compared to stocks trading.

Limited supply makes it easier for price to increase, but you still need demand.  The confidence that a lot of people have that bitcoin will keep increasing is propping up the demand right now.  But if that confidence should ever be shattered, look out below.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:38:10 AM

Absolutely right, If bitcoin has stable price, than what is new in bitcoin and why people use it to gain profit?
Bitcoin has no stable price that’s why everyone could buy in a low price and wait for its price increase and sell on that time, when we know that we get profit from bitcoin.
A man is of the nature to earn money through shortcut and this opportunity provides only bitcoin that’s why people like bitcoin business it is right that now a days people like bitcoin because it is unpredictable and unstable in respect of value and maybe less people would take interest when it becomes stable in price.

I personally think that people would be still interested with stable price because of bitcoins’ independent proceedings.
I will probably disagree with you that people are going to like bitcoins the way they do now at present when bitcoins are not having stable prices. Bitcoins are much better as unstable currency than stable one because all conventional ones are stable even the gold is stable in nature and people are leaving all these conventional things for bitcoins.
abilarde

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:57:36 PM

If bitcoin has a stable price around 1000$ it will become more popular but if the price has fall down to less than 1 $ i think everybody will try to look for another coin to replace bitcoin
It is depend how it will become the progress of bitcoin to become a popular, yes maybe its become a stable a higher value go to be popular.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: