Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:05:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MNM][LAUNCHED] MINEUM |x13| PoW STARTED  (Read 153243 times)
galacticpilgrim

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 11:53:00 PM

why are we tanking on yobit ?

Looking at the big picture, I feel that of the 70 000 tokens granted for bounties, a large amount of them have been being dumped for a quick profit, which is expected in this game. There are of course shareholders that are holding their bounties, but most people that didn't participate in the crowdfunding are probably just going to sell them off.

Then we have some of the shareholders that are new to mining and perhaps didn't calculate the incredible amount of work that it takes to organize and deploy a project of this magnitude.  Having just recently setup a few rigs of my own, I might not have appreciated what exactly goes into all this if I hadn't just done it too.  I had become jaded with stories on Bitcointalk about how easy and awesome it is to mine digital currencies, not realizing that there is tons of physical labor involved in setting things up. So many duties that we've all (building gaming/home pc) done in the past, for other jobs and reasons, but it's been a while, take enormous amounts of time:

researching mining applications/programs
researching hardware
designing and installing electrical/power facilities
ordering hardware
unpacking hardware - RMA for missing and damaged products
running ethernet wires
setting network switches
building/assembling shelving
researching/constructing mining rig/gpu mounting environments/psu location points
actual assembly of the hardware
cooling assessments and reassessments
ambient air and dust filtration

Now the fun begins:

deployment of mining rigs
assessment of DOA hardware/trouble shooting and more trouble shooting
RMA defective hardware
replacing defective hardware as fast as possible
setting up remote access/headless configurations
tweaking for differences in (identical) hardware...
comparing hashrates
thinking you should have done it differently
doing it differently...
putting it back the way you had it
forgetting the way you had it
trying linux for the first time because all the cool kids are using it
over clocking/under volting, crashing your rig right after you go to bed
being late to work the next morning just so you don't loose any more money

and of course....getting so involved in your new mining operation that you forget about your friends and family...hahah

This is a tremendous amount of work to do. Now imagine adding about 10 more tasks to your plate and 50 people that have a "better way" of doing it and boom, you have it...

I think that if people (investors) that are not quiet shareholders, remembered that an all inclusive mining solutions platform of any size takes a lot of work and is geared towards holding.  There are very few investment models that enable you to gain your initial investment back from more ways than just speculation and basic increase in project worth. The fact that you can trade MINEUM tokens on the exchange is such a small facet and feature of the project. If the MINEUM project was just another coin project and didn't have one of the most devoted development teams in the biz, I'd under stand how someone could be worried about exchange price. Remember the lower the price goes, the easier it is for you to buy in and make more return in the form of shareholder rewards.  Just because you don't hold a huge number of shares doesn't mean that you won't still make a huge consistent return on your investment.

In the last few months I've participated in more than a handful of ICOs and to be honest, I can't think of any that have the close net community that we do here at MINEUM nor have can I remember bench pressing lambos on the moon with any of them either.

The MINEUM project compares more to a real world investment than a roll the dice crypto crap shoot.  The fact that there is a mining farm behind us guarantees a return to shareholders without selling their stake.  This in it's self, sets us apart from the norm.

Again, as I usually do, I would like to encourage everyone to come visit us in the slack and the MINEUM forum.

mephoria

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
antho281 (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:26:40 PM

New Vote :

Funds withdrawal

With the possible pump of BTC price in the following days, we would like to ask our community to take the coins out of escrows in order to benefits from that pump (get the higher value in USD possible).

The only way to do it is by taking the BTCs out of the Vault which need, after the voting period, a 48-hour delay before to be usable.

The vote will take effect now on MyMineum platform until tomorrow 12h EST (GMT -5).

This is your role to vote as a shareholder.

Choices :

Yes

No

Link to vote : https://mymineum.org/share_votes.php
Discussion : https://forum.mineum.org/d/43-poll-5-funds-withdrawal-from-escrow

ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:36:55 PM

New Vote :

Funds withdrawal

With the possible pump of BTC price in the following days, we would like to ask our community to take the coins out of escrows in order to benefits from that pump (get the higher value in USD possible).

The only way to do it is by taking the BTCs out of the Vault which need, after the voting period, a 48-hour delay before to be usable.

The vote will take effect now on MyMineum platform until tomorrow 12h EST (GMT -5).

Choices :

Yes

No

For who don't know: http://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/
Because that, a pump is expected
antho281 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:39:03 PM

New Vote :

Funds withdrawal

Choices :

Yes

No

*Up just not to be ignore by end-page post Smiley
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:04:57 PM

thats a yes.
No question it should break 700+ soon.

etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:16:17 PM

thats a yes.
No question it should break 700+ soon.

thats dont mean mnm will still goes foreever down, look how we take more than 100%in a candle of 0.3 btc.

for me its no
Rumhurius
Legendary

Here we go again

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:37:13 PM

so its flipping 51% remaining mmn for btc ?
or flipping usd funds for Btc ?

first one would be a big fat no.
No question about it.
I got it wrong then.

But usd to btc would be a good idea.

Kazadar

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:26:16 PM

No question about it.
I got it wrong then.

I am pretty sure its the BTC from the ICO they want to sell.
Basicly they want to be able sell their remaining BTC when the price is high.

antho281 (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:54:56 PM

No question about it.
I got it wrong then.

We want to be able to sell the BTC we raised either during the pump or before the dump.
There is no MNM coin implied intonthat decision and it will never be part of a decision. Those 51 % will remain into the address Smiley
coinmenace

Activity: 882

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 03:03:34 PM

No question about it.
I got it wrong then.

We want to be able to sell the BTC we raised either during the pump or before the dump.
There is no MNM coin implied intonthat decision and it will never be part of a decision. Those 51 % will remain into the address Smiley

How will shareholders benefit from this? I do not remember withdrawing ICO BTC for trading to be part of the Terms nor shareholders will benefit/get dividends from you trading the BTC.
Will be you sharing the profits from this trading to the shareholders as dividends? If so, how will you compute?
antho281 (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 03:09:48 PM

No question about it.
I got it wrong then.

How will shareholders benefit from this? I do not remember withdrawing ICO BTC for trading to be part of the Terms nor shareholders will benefit/get dividends from you trading the BTC.
Will be you sharing the profits from this trading to the shareholders as dividends? If so, how will you compute?

In anyway, the Bitcoin will need to be convert into fiat in order to get mining equipment.
By holding the BTCs in the Vault, if the Bitcoin is dumped and goes below current value, we'll be able to buy less equipment. In the other way, if the Bitcoin is pumped and that we sell while Bitcoin has an higher value, we'll be able to buy more mining equipment.

We don't want to "trade" BTC in a blind way, but just convert them into a currency without generating an important loss of value into what we hold. In a case where the BTC pump, we'll be able to create an additional budget into MINEUM activities.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:31:56 PM

No question about it.
I got it wrong then.

In anyway, the Bitcoin will need to be convert into fiat in order to get mining equipment.
By holding the BTCs in the Vault, if the Bitcoin is dumped and goes below current value, we'll be able to buy less equipment. In the other way, if the Bitcoin is pumped and that we sell while Bitcoin has an higher value, we'll be able to buy more mining equipment.

We don't want to "trade" BTC in a blind way, but just convert them into a currency without generating an important loss of value into what we hold. In a case where the BTC pump, we'll be able to create an additional budget into MINEUM activities.

if btc pump and we've sold we're deepthly fucked. Better just wait like always and 'don't care' of btc prices. If mnm goes that low its only because its brand new. Just keep the good work and we're good Smiley patience is a vertue
antho281 (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:37:49 PM

No question about it.
I got it wrong then.

if btc pump and we've sold we're deepthly fucked. Better just wait like always and 'don't care' of btc prices. If mnm goes that low its only because its brand new. Just keep the good work and we're good Smiley patience is a vertue

Do not worry, we won't touch to MNM price 😊
We'll check this out and I'll try some of my Actuarial Science Tip !
Could help us out !

No worry, we'll take every decision around BTC in function of the community. We want a win-win solution and that's what we'll do.
Rumhurius
Legendary

Here we go again

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:51:51 PM

what about using lets say 2,5% of the mining revenues to constantly buying your own coin?
That should boost the price and the Value of the Company aswell over time.

Win win for you and your vestors imo

Kazadar

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 05:17:36 PM

what about using lets say 2,5% of the mining revenues to constantly buying your own coin?

But it wouldnt give you a larger share of the profit so the impact on the price would be low. A much better way would be for the investor to use their own share to by more MNM coins.
That way you would get a larger dividends and help raise the price or let the company spend the profits on growing the business.

Rumhurius
Legendary

Here we go again

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 05:53:08 PM

But it wouldnt give you a larger share of the profit so the impact on the price would be low. A much better way would be for the investor to use their own share to by more MNM coins.
That way you would get a larger dividends and help raise the price or let the company spend the profits on growing the business.

but it would take coins constantly off the market.

Dont take it from the Vestors Share.
A small percentage from the Company Profits or total Mining Profits.
Something like a mineum Fund from Mining Profits.

You could send these to the genesis block and burn them like BCY does or keep them and trade with them wisely for new Investments later.

WhyMe

Activity: 661
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:07:52 PM

In the few last days, we have started visiting some local from 3 000 to 7 000 sq.ft. in order to check our possibilities. More details will follow in time.

La possibilité d'héberger dans votre structure nos propres rigs est toujours d'actualité / à l'étude ?
Kazadar

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:22:56 PM

You could send these to the genesis block and burn them like BCY does or keep them and trade with them wisely for new Investments later.
It would still mean that you would be getting 2.5% less in dividends and unless the coins are burned it will not raise prices.
Having fewer coins does not automaticly mean higher prices. There has to be a demand for the coins. When you are lowering the dividend payout by 2.5%why would an investor pay more for that?
You would still be much better of if you use 2.5% of your own profit to buy coins.
Another way to raise prices would be to use some of the profits to by more hardware.
Having the company buying back coins will only be a good thing if you want to dump your coins now.

AleScamHole

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 07:59:08 PM

It would still mean that you would be getting 2.5% less in dividends and unless the coins are burned it will not raise prices.
Having fewer coins does not automaticly mean higher prices. There has to be a demand for the coins. When you are lowering the dividend payout by 2.5%why would an investor pay more for that?
You would still be much better of if you use 2.5% of your own profit to buy coins.
Another way to raise prices would be to use some of the profits to by more hardware.
Having the company buying back coins will only be a good thing if you want to dump your coins now.

well exactly.  and with 2 years of mining, PoS, and monthly payments, demand will NEVER meet market ;\ hence price crumbles from launch ;(
the monthly payments will also make it hard for shareholders to buy up more coins . and demand will never be there, 80% or more of people in crypto will (and are as we speak) saying fuck that to 30 days per payment, waaay too long.
im happy i sold at loss, loss would have been bigger now ;(
sux to be an investor, shows how management that dosent care since they have been pre-paid can run a project investors into the ground ;(
and of course you will say well the project hasent started really. no it hasent, but for investors, its already dead, we have lost 30% of our money, and if we sell now we don't even have the coins. mining is tapped by the inner circle of pro riggers.
this project so fucked ;\

antho281 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:26:38 PM

well exactly.  and with 2 years of mining, PoS, and monthly payments, demand will NEVER meet market ;\ hence price crumbles from launch ;(
the monthly payments will also make it hard for shareholders to buy up more coins . and demand will never be there, 80% or more of people in crypto will (and are as we speak) saying fuck that to 30 days per payment, waaay too long.
im happy i sold at loss, loss would have been bigger now ;(
sux to be an investor, shows how management that dosent care since they have been pre-paid can run a project investors into the ground ;(
and of course you will say well the project hasent started really. no it hasent, but for investors, its already dead, we have lost 30% of our money, and if we sell now we don't even have the coins. mining is tapped by the inner circle of pro riggers.
this project so fucked ;\

@AleScamHole :
If you have ever invest in a company, you have noticed that payment/dividends are paid quarterly, so every 3 months.
As a investor, you must know that there is a delay between the moment where a company raise funds and the moment where they install everything in order to make it totally smoothly, as we did since the beginning.
If you sold at loss, I want to make you understand that the Bitcoin rise in value. That said, at the end you did profits in any way possible since, in Fiat, you got more than what you paid for.

All the current investors of MINEUM hasn't loss anything since there's no loss until you sold. The quantity of coins in circulation has been announced since the beginning and will goes on.
We do care about every single investors who trusted us since the beginning. However, every payment require a lot of transparency and a lot of work which would not be doable on a weekly basis.

Just want to let you know that altcoins market crumbles since Bitcoin rise which went right after MINEUM ICO.
MINEUM just like the altcoin market will get back up right after that pump stabilization or dump.

This is a market law.

In the few last days, we have started visiting some local from 3 000 to 7 000 sq.ft. in order to check our possibilities. More details will follow in time.

La possibilité d'héberger dans votre structure nos propres rigs est toujours d'actualité / à l'étude ?

Je confirme, oui c'est toujours d'actualité Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: