Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:33:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Farmers are the new Ponzis  (Read 7875 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:17:53 AM

My basis for the 2 BTC amount is that 50 BTC is for VIP.  20% of the VIP amount is 10 BTC, for Donator.  20% of that would be 2 BTC, for Supporter.
I would be more then happy to donate 2 BTC if I would receive some kind of "supporter" tag and/or if theymos was soliciting donations. However the forum is currently self sufficient and theymos has repeatedly said that the forum is not in need of additional money/donations. 

I think 2 BTC would be more appropriate if the forum was in some kind of need for additional money and it was for something other then to enable signature features.

I agree that they wouldn't pay.  The spamming would cease as the account would have no value if it couldn't be used for signature campaigns.  You seem to think people would still pay for accounts if the accounts couldn't generate BTC.  They wouldn't.
Exactly. This is what I've been trying to say. These accounts would not be worth as much as they are now (why would they be?) if there was no way to get 'ROI' for the buyer. Over time there would be a huge decline in sales and spam.
If signature campaigns were to outright stop (for whatever reason) then the value of accounts would likely crash and the amount of useless posts by people with paid signatures would also decline substantially. I might speculate that the volume of accounts traded might go up as people might be interested in buying accounts at fire-sale prices, hoping that signature campaigns would make a return appearance, giving value to accounts once again.
I do not think that many of the shit-posters would donate and would instead choose to take the short-sided approach of continuing to post while receiving a lower signature payment, which I believe will further decrease the market prices of signatures of lower level members.
The is the part that I don't understand. Exactly how would they choose a "short-sided approach" and receive a lower signature payment when they are unable to have a signature in the first place?
Right now, based on the various account pricing websites and the auctions that I see, high-level accounts sell for amounts that would allow someone to quickly ROI with signature payments alone. Also many of the signature spammers put very little effort into their "work" of posting. I also have observed many signature spammers decline to "invest" the small amount of time required to even briefly read  a small number of posts in a thread prior to posting nonsense.

(please note that what you had quoted was discussing what was essentially a "fork" of what OgNasty proposed in that people would need to pay a nominal amount in order to "unlock" the signature features of senior members+.)

I got silent cause of policing, cant say bout others,that too full of close mindedness,illogical, IMO's ,power-trip policing  Undecided and also the fact that how they all sort out ratings and support each other.Doo definitely deserves the red mark for the ponzi script coding according to the policing i see here but they are afraid to point out the Gods.Fucking cliques. Soooo much hypocrisy.
That's strange. Just stay away from the things that tend to make you receive a negative trust rating and you should be fine. DT members should not give you rating based on the things that you've said.
I think you know very well that most people cannot reasonably describe what to "avoid" in order to avoid potentially receiving negative trust from someone in the DT network. What will "trigger" a negative rating has been greatly expanding in the past several months to well beyond the intended "someone is a scammer, or you strongly believe that someone is a scammer". There is also one member in the DT network that will openly give negative trust because you say something he disagrees with.....however that is off topic here...

2 BTC was mentioned, someone said that was crazy high, i agree its high.  You could charge on a monthly basis 0.1 or 0.05.
Your suggestion is absurdly foolish. Charging a monthly basis of that amount, which is lower than what some earn in 1 week, will do nothing at all.
Why is that foolish? If you charge an amount that is greater then someone can reasonably expect to earn via their signature over a medium amount of time then no one will pay the "fee" and you are essentially banning signature campaigns.

If you pay 0.05 btc every month on the 1st, then you will be risking that 0.05 btc in the event that you post enough crap so that you get banned.

I don't like this idea however because the amount that people post varies too much as this will be a pittance to some signature advertisers while it would be more then what some signature advertisers will earn in a month, effectively banning signature campaigns for people that do not post very much.

Nothing will change as this conversation has been done 100 times already. The only solution is ban paid campaigns...period. The forum wants the activity so this will not happen.
The signature spam problem has been attacked in some ways, with results that I was very impressed with. Take a look at this thread/rule clarification in the off-topic section, and notice how the thread like "how long have you been logged in", "what is your favorite drink", and "what is the last movie you have watched" are no longer active (they actually have been locked. I would also say that Grue's signature ad block script has also helped the problem somewhat, although to somewhat of a lesser extent.

Awesome,so are we going to keep branching out and applying negative trust to stuff?
How exciting...
-snip-
Most of the stuff posted is not a valid reason to provide negative trust, ergo you are appealing to emotion and being hyperbolic.
It is true that most of the stuff Slowturtleinc is not a valid reason to leave a negative rating, although I would argue that a good ~16 of the reasons listed essentially are the reason for a negative rating that someone has left that is in the DT network.

let me say that any escrow effected by the banning of account sales deserves to be effected...  I do not touch account escrows because I think it is dishonest at best, and perpetuating scamming at worst. 
As someone who previously assisted with escrowing forum accounts, I can say that the amount of money you will earn from dealing with forum account deals is in no way worth the amount of time required to facilitate these kinds of deals. There were often many concepts that needed to be explained to one or both parties to a transaction, and the amount of details that need to be checked as part of a transaction means that it would often take 15-20 minutes to facilitate a deal that is not disputed, and when you are often receiving your minimum tip/fee of 2-3 dollars, that works out to essentially minimum wage. The primary reason why I was willing to facilitate these deals was to prevent someone from being able to scam via these deals. Although some people believe that account trading is dishonest, I do not believe these people would be happy if someone got scammed just because they tried to buy or sell an account, especially if the person who got scammed was otherwise honest.

The only losers here are people who want to get something for nothing. 

QS note: I believe this is in reference to people who have paid signatures but do not give anything to the forum (this was inserted to give context to this quote)
The forum is currently self sufficient, and it is self sufficient because it is able to sell advertisements for (far) greater then it's operating expenses. The forum is able to sell advertisements at this price because of the number of page views that it gets. Users with paid signatures often will not participate in the forum (or their participation would be greatly reduced) if it were not for their paid signature. Users with paid signatures are essentially giving the forum additional page views (which allows the forum to sell it's advertisements at a higher price).

When I first came to these forums, everyone had their address in their signature.  This was because they would help someone with a problem and receive tips from users for being helpful.  It was great.  The forum was full of helpful people growing interesting ideas and quality conversation.  Now, users are incentivized to ask dumb questions and disappear or fake goods sales to their alt accounts wasting everyone else's time who responds to their threads.  Wouldn't it be better if we as a community got back to tipping people for being helpful instead of paying them to spam us?

Perhaps even a "community tipper" of some kind could be introduced, where a portion of the donations received is paid back to helpful members of the community.
I would personally love to see an environment that you describe from when you first joined.

I have seen that kind of behavior take place on reddit a little bit. I am not sure why it does not take place here anymore.

(interestingly enough, I have actually asked one Legendary member for help with a couple of high value trades in the past, solicited a donation address after the help/advise was received and received a message declining a tip/donation).

Only in Bitcoinland do people complain about a 20 month ROI.  Rest assured that signature campaigns would have to pay more.
Exactly. There should be no ROI at all.
Why do you think this? If someone is considering to donate money in return for their ability to receive payments to advertise for a third party but has no chance to earn a return on their initial payment + the time/effort they put into their posts that serve as advertisements then they will have zero incentive to donate the money in the first place.

Edit: For the record I get paid a fixed amount(like say Blazed) regardless of whether I post or not
I think that the people who say they receive a "fixed amount" are somewhat misleading others as to the details of their arrangement. As a general rule, the "fixed rate" deals have a minimum number of posts that must be made in order to be eligible for payment, and if this is not true, then advertisers will take into consideration how many posts such person is making on a regular basis when deciding if they wish to continue their arrangement.

Here's an idea that could work but probably won't happen because of the complexity:

In order to have a signature, an account must be, say, at least full member and the user must give 2BTC to the forum. However, instead of that 2BTC being a donation, it would rather be a security deposit. After the user posts at least 1000 posts over the course of two years, he can get 1.5BTC back, the remaining 0.5BTC becoming a donation. However, in order to get that 1.5BTC back, the user must also not have more than 25 posts deleted over the two years, and no more than 10 instances where more than 20 posts are made in a twenty four hour period. He must also never receive a ban within those two years. Only when these requirements are met can the user receive the 1.5BTC back.
I like the concept behind this, however I think some of the specifics should be changed.

If you have 3 active marketplace threads open for one year then you will potentially bump them a total of 1,000 times, and if you forget to delete your old bumps only 2.5% of the time then you will be over the limit.

When I was more active last year, there were some periods when I would average 26 posts per day over a month, however my posts were good enough so that third parties were willing to pay significantly above market prices for the right to advertise on my signature. I believe that there are many other high quality posters that have frequently exceeded 20 posts in a 24 hour period.

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:32:18 AM

Edit: For the record I get paid a fixed amount(like say Blazed) regardless of whether I post or not
I think that the people who say they receive a "fixed amount" are somewhat misleading others as to the details of their arrangement. As a general rule, the "fixed rate" deals have a minimum number of posts that must be made in order to be eligible for payment, and if this is not true, then advertisers will take into consideration how many posts such person is making on a regular basis when deciding if they wish to continue their arrangement.
Nope nothing like it, hilarious has a similar deal but he received the payments until ~6 months.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:39:17 AM

Nope nothing like it, hilarious has a similar deal but he received the payments until ~6 months.
I disagree. If hilarious ends up making less posts then the advertiser anticipates (even if he does not communicate this expectation to hilarious) then the advertiser will not renew his agreement (and may even end up asking to end it early and ask for a partial refund).

I have a special referral link in the BB code of my signature so my advertisers can track Huh with my signature, and I presume they will elect to not renew my agreement with me if the advertising is not profitable, and I expect that Huh is directly correlated with the number of posts that I made, and likely how diverse my posts are. 
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 10:00:35 AM

I think 2 BTC would be more appropriate if the forum was in some kind of need for additional money and it was for something other then to enable signature features.
There are plenty of ways that the money could be spent.

I might speculate that the volume of accounts traded might go up as people might be interested in buying accounts at fire-sale prices, hoping that signature campaigns would make a return appearance, giving value to accounts once again.
So, the right approach is not to completely ban them, but go in the lines of OgNasty's suggestion.

I also have observed many signature spammers decline to "invest" the small amount of time required to even briefly read  a small number of posts in a thread prior to posting nonsense.
That is one of the main problems in their posting habits. They don't read posts, end up rewriting what someone else already wrote and they keep repeating this cycle. Their overall posting quality becomes trash.

Why is that foolish? If you charge an amount that is greater then someone can reasonably expect to earn via their signature over a medium amount of time then no one will pay the "fee" and you are essentially banning signature campaigns.
That is a hasty generalization. You can't know this, as an example I choose myself, assuming that staff members also lose this functionality, I would pay the 2 BTC fee.

If you pay 0.05 btc every month on the 1st, then you will be risking that 0.05 btc in the event that you post enough crap so that you get banned.
Risking 20$  Huh Whoa, now I'm scared; I shall not spam anymore!  Roll Eyes

Exactly. There should be no ROI at all.
Why do you think this?
As long as people see posting as some kind of investment, and buying accounts in order to ROI, this will be a problem. The point of this forum was to initially discuss Bitcoin related stuff and provide help for people, not make 100 pages of posts in threads like 'Why is gambling bad?0 (note: 1 post was sufficient to answer this question).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Leonius

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 10:14:43 AM

Are there any modifications to the current simple machines forum software which allow members to mark posts as spam (blocking the post from general view etc).  That would put sig campaign managers mostly out of business haha.  The community will then police the issue, account farming becomes pointless.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 10:23:56 AM

Are there any modifications to the current simple machines forum software which allow members to mark posts as spam (blocking the post from general view etc).  That would put sig campaign managers mostly out of business haha.  The community will then police the issue, account farming becomes pointless.
Exactly who would be allowed to mark posts as spam? How would you plan on abuse? A few people could 'gang up' on someone with the opposite view and suppress his posts.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Leonius

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 10:36:32 AM

Are there any modifications to the current simple machines forum software which allow members to mark posts as spam (blocking the post from general view etc).  That would put sig campaign managers mostly out of business haha.  The community will then police the issue, account farming becomes pointless.
Exactly who would be allowed to mark posts as spam? How would you plan on abuse? A few people could 'gang up' on someone with the opposite view and suppress his posts.

just ideas...

Anyone could mark posts as spam? or could have only certain ranks allowed? a post needing 5 votes or whatever before its marked as true spam etc.  

To combat abuse, dont allow anyones OPs to be marked as spam incase people hurt other competiting businesses OP.  Leave OP deleting to the mods. Spammers dont usually make an OP anyway they like to hide deep in threads.

Mods could also have powers to see who is marking what posts as spam incase businesses start to attack eachother.

Yeah people could gang up, you have that problem on reddit with upvoting manipulation.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:45:08 AM

Let's initiate the process by Stopping YoShit and Secondstrade signature campaigns.It will have greater impact,the number of spam posts will be reduced eventually.
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 10:48:14 AM

Are there any modifications to the current simple machines forum software which allow members to mark posts as spam (blocking the post from general view etc).  That would put sig campaign managers mostly out of business haha.  The community will then police the issue, account farming becomes pointless.

just ideas...

Anyone could mark posts as spam? or could have only certain ranks allowed? a post needing 5 votes or whatever before its marked as true spam etc.  

To combat abuse, dont allow anyones OPs to be marked as spam incase people hurt other competiting businesses OP.  Leave OP deleting to the mods. Spammers dont usually make an OP anyway they like to hide deep in threads.

Mods could also have powers to see who is marking what posts as spam incase businesses start to attack eachother.

Yeah people could gang up, you have that problem on reddit with upvoting manipulation.

The situation is clearly a hard to clean mess. i think that the spam attacks are not gonna stop anytime soon.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 10:57:43 AM

Anyone could mark posts as spam?
Prone to abuse.

or could have only certain ranks allowed? a post needing 5 votes or whatever before its marked as true spam etc.
Still prone to abuse.

They can still suppress someone's input in other threads.

End result is that there's a lot more work for moderators for a small benefit (if any).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1827
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 11:11:57 AM

Why not just make signatures plain text, no more colors and no more BBcode. This may give those trying to get their first coins a chance to participate in a text-only advertising campaign, which isn't going to pay as much and isn't going to be as obnoxious. You could still have a 2BTC cost to be allowed BBcode, which I assume would result in entries into higher-paying campaigns?   Just a thought that I haven't really had time to process, so feel free to rip it apart  Cheesy

I'm struggling to fully support the idea just because I am against the thought of buying any rank on a forum. The 'donator' status had a purpose at one point in time, but at this point I do not agree with the idea of buying a status that subsequently provides a false sense of trust to others.

Regardless, I'm not sure how else you would stop the activity without having a price set that makes it a much longer ROI and possibly not worth their time. But maybe just get rid of the 'rank' part... or give them the rank, but do not give them 5 coins under their name, access to donator forum, etc. the way the donator status does now. They are not really donating anything, they are trying to participate in paid signature campaigns for a profit... Or just make the rank name "Profiteering Glutton"   Tongue

Also, I assume this may have been looked at before but maybe ranking in general could be based on the word count or character count of posts as opposed to the quantity of them?  Maybe too resource intensive?

Leonius

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 11:22:32 AM

Let's initiate the process by Stopping YoShit and Secondstrade signature campaigns.It will have greater impact,the number of spam posts will be reduced eventually.

The sig campaigns that dont police spam are bad but even the ones with campaign managers against spam end up promoting a particular brand of postings - its 1 or 2 paragraphs long, it doesn't really say much of anything, its not actually how real people post.  People post short stuff all the time, see reddit.  I dont like the idea that someone might have 10-20 accounts all signed up to yobit though, agree.

Anyone could mark posts as spam?
Prone to abuse.

or could have only certain ranks allowed? a post needing 5 votes or whatever before its marked as true spam etc.
Still prone to abuse.

What about 15 votes senior member and above only.  Dont have the spam deleted but a reveal button with a mark as not spam option. In the event someone has been targetted they could post up to the community saying they have been targetted, community could check and mark it as not spam - Mod doesn't have to worry then and should take care of itself?

But ok ok if it cant work or too complex than my bad and yeah mods should not have more work for no pay.  
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 4746
Merit: 4296

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 02:54:43 PM

give them the rank, but do not give them 5 coins under their name, access to donator forum, etc. the way the donator status does now. They are not really donating anything

The biggest topic of conversation in the Donators section over the last year or so is why nobody posts in the Donators section.  Letting more Donators in would be a positive in my opinion.  Their coins would be just as much a donation as anyone else's.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
King Leo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 03:04:50 PM

Also, I assume this may have been looked at before but maybe ranking in general could be based on the word count or character count of posts as opposed to the quantity of them?  Maybe too resource intensive?

I see alot of spammers making long wordy posts with little content, If your system is adopted, those users will rank quickly although they are spamming.

Also, the forum had to change it's activity update system because it was taking up too many resources and a few days ago theymos had to disable the view members page for the same reason. Your plan will need too many resources.
Evildrum

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 03:15:00 PM

Lack of signature members is a issue for me and think that this discussion as become very lopsided, so I have pointed Yobit towards this thread to voice their concerns here. Tired of seeing the same people clapping each other on the back acting like their is no other opinions in a discussion. So we shall see if the signature is meek,timid and voiceless in due time.

Before I get full hog tied,I endorse the idea of Full member and up for signatures but a out right ban seems short sighted and with out stats can not be discussed with a rational mind.
Lets not forget that one of the favorite tactics in this forum is to state "You have a signature,therefore your opinion is paid for and is just spam"! Dismissive and a tad arrogant because we are all equal human beings and this need for a dynasty of 1% seems like a game where the forum will not prosper. I know a lot of you feel the opposite but wheres the proof?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see alot of spammers making long wordy posts with little content, If your system is adopted, those users will rank quickly although they are spamming.

This seems to be the talking point as of late about signature users talking a lot but saying nothing. Can it be more that you do not agree with what is being stated and this is a way to cut the person off? Can you show me some examples of these type of posts because I think the people still posting crap are not changing the format. May be a handful of users that are doing this but as a whole very few are posting pages.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
King Leo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:39:39 PM

Lack of signature members is a issue for me and think that this discussion as become very lopsided, so I have pointed Yobit towards this thread to voice their concerns here. Tired of seeing the same people clapping each other on the back acting like their is no other opinions in a discussion. So we shall see if the signature is meek,timid and voiceless in due time.

Before I get full hog tied,I endorse the idea of Full member and up for signatures but a out right ban seems short sighted and with out stats can not be discussed with a rational mind.
Lets not forget that one of the favorite tactics in this forum is to state "You have a signature,therefore your opinion is paid for and is just spam"! Dismissive and a tad arrogant because we are all equal human beings and this need for a dynasty of 1% seems like a game where the forum will not prosper. I know a lot of you feel the opposite but wheres the proof?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This seems to be the talking point as of late about signature users talking a lot but saying nothing. Can it be more that you do not agree with what is being stated and this is a way to cut the person off? Can you show me some examples of these type of posts because I think the people still posting crap are not changing the format. May be a handful of users that are doing this but as a whole very few are posting pages.

Let me just say that I saw your post in yobit's thread and I think It's cute thhat you think the spammers care. Lets take things into perspective, after reading your post in the yobit thread, I saw the user above you say something uncalled for (spam, one liner) so, out of curiosity, I checked his latest posts, here they are.

Who is he Huh

Great signature campaign!

Do ISIS use Bitcoin ? Grin

waiting for this faucet ON Cry

Is this enough proof for you?
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 04:52:06 PM

So we shall see if the signature is meek,timid and voiceless in due time.
I'm a signature campaign manager, and hence directly involved with signature campaigns (deeper than some YoBit spammers, you might even say).
I still have to say that there have been several valuable inputs to this thread, and that I'd rather see this 'very lopsided' discussion from people that actually care,
than 100 posts from alt-account xyz saying "All signatures are good, I earn from it" in a slightly different way over and over again.

So I have pointed Yobit towards this thread to voice their concerns here

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Evildrum

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:59:21 PM

I think that if no one from the signature comes in to defend themselves I will have to join the rest of you in reasoning.
Should be interesting to see though if people do care. Was debating posting something similar in other signatures as well but thought it might cause a flood of posts,looks like I am way off in how I viewed the potential response here,will give it the day to see.

The comment I was making about posts was in reference to signature members making long posts with little substance.
I know there are a lot of users posting one to three word dribble responses,think those are easier to hunt down and get rid of with raising the cut off to full member. I am not a full member and have no problem waiting till then if that becomes the new criteria.

Willing to show I am wrong,no big deal for me but would like due dilgence on the issue because I do feel it is a game changer in many aspects that could be detrimental to the forum. Starting to think my philosophy is also something that can only be found on the darkwebs away from government.

OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 4746
Merit: 4296

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 05:06:52 PM

If they contributed to the forum in any meaningful way (legitimately participating) then we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place.  You are merely proving our point.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Evildrum

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:28:25 PM

If they contributed to the forum in any meaningful way (legitimately participating) then we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place.  You are merely proving our point.

There are bad apples but this is all aspects of the forum. Think punishing those caught in the crossfire is wrong and we should be addressing more moderation of those abusing the perk.

As for lack of voice coming from the campaign, not everyone likes to put their ass out to be flogged.
We have had 2 months now of house cleaning and its not always clear if discussions like this one are something that the signature wants.
But there is something to the echo I hear from myself in this discussion. Least we can validate the point if no one comes thru.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: