Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:48:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][♔] Britcoin.com | 5% annual PoS | Always on TOR [BRIT]  (Read 72244 times)
britcoin3 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 01:48:31 PM

I started staking my wallet (in the 6 figures of BRIT), it got 3 stakes in the same minute, one over 50 minutes later and then stopped saying not staking because I had no mature coins. So I have to wait for 90+ confirmations now. It doesn't feel like it's working quite right as the stake rewards were tiny (about 2 BRIT generated in total in 4 blocks).

So I'll keep it running but this may indicate why the network is slow?

Hmm, I suppose this must be because you most of your coins grouped together in just two or three UTXOs (= containers).  When you stake though, they split into two if they're large, so you'll get twice as many stakes next time.

I don't know why the stake rewards would be so low though.  Would you like to PM me the IDs of the transactions where you staked?

fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:55:50 PM

I started staking my wallet (in the 6 figures of BRIT), it got 3 stakes in the same minute, one over 50 minutes later and then stopped saying not staking because I had no mature coins. So I have to wait for 90+ confirmations now. It doesn't feel like it's working quite right as the stake rewards were tiny (about 2 BRIT generated in total in 4 blocks).

So I'll keep it running but this may indicate why the network is slow?

Hmm, I suppose this must be because you most of your coins grouped together in just two or three UTXOs (= containers).  When you stake though, they split into two if they're large, so you'll get twice as many stakes next time.

I don't know why the stake rewards would be so low though.  Would you like to PM me the IDs of the transactions where you staked?

Sure thing, will PM details now.
spartanrules

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:55:24 PM

Here's a blockchain sync file if you want to get up to date quickly on Linux.  You're supposed to delete everything in your hidden ~/.britcoin folder except the wallet.dat if you have one, then plonk it in there.

It's up to block 974,000 so there's still a little syncing to do afterwards, but that's by design.

EDIT: And here's another one for Windows up to around block 993400.

Hi

I will like help please with getting my windows wallet synced correctly.
It was mining fine POS back in May but its now just stuck. It's currently over 400K blocks remaining and will take forever.

Can anyone help please with getting the wallet upto date and POS working.

Thanks
britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 01:02:43 AM

It was mining fine POS back in May but its now just stuck. It's currently over 400K blocks remaining and will take forever.

So it's just stuck at 400K blocks remaining?

What to do is, make a backup of your %appdata%\Britcoin folder, then remove everything in the original except for the wallet.dat (make sure you have Windows set to show hidden files of course).  Then you can use the Windows bootstrap file I pasted above, which will be just a little faster than a regular chain download.

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 09:36:00 PM

https://twitter.com/TaoOfSatoshi/status/771571065252220928

Please support Dash's retweet campaign to keep Dash wallets on the iOS App Store.  BRIT might be wanting an iOS app later too.

spartanrules

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:55:19 PM

What to do is, make a backup of your %appdata%\Britcoin folder, then remove everything in the original except for the wallet.dat (make sure you have Windows set to show hidden files of course).  Then you can use the Windows bootstrap file I pasted above, which will be just a little faster than a regular chain download.

Sorry to sound completely thick but I do not understand where to find the %appdata%\Britcoin folder.  Undecided
rghmodz

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:38:40 PM

Sorry to sound completely thick but I do not understand where to find the %appdata%\Britcoin folder.  Undecided
Put in the file explorer address bar "%appdata%\Britcoin"

spartanrules

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:29:49 PM

I have tried doing the things suggested though the wallet just seems to crash.
I played about with a few things and got it going again though its back to synchronising with the network with a speed of a tortoise.
Tried everything you guys and said.

Any help or suggestions.   
penambang

Activity: 548
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2016, 02:05:55 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 12:18:09 PM by penambang

Latest bootstrap.dat for Britcoin

Code:
https://transfer.sh/1UJKe/britcoin-bootstrap.tar.xz

Please mirror it to another site, files will be automatically deleted after 15 days
spartanrules

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 11:22:29 AM

Code:
https://transfer.sh/DDzed/britcoin-bootstrap.zip

Please mirror it to another site, files will be automatically deleted after 15 days

Ok , I seem to be progressing forward. I haven't tried the bootstrap file but I currently have 16 connections going on the wallet and downloaded 80% of the blocks.
spartanrules

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 11:59:09 AM

Code:
https://transfer.sh/DDzed/britcoin-bootstrap.zip

Ok , I seem to be progressing forward. I haven't tried the bootstrap file but I currently have 16 connections going on the wallet and downloaded 80% of the blocks.

Fully updated and wallet working well for POS.
britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 10:38:13 PM

New 3.2.0.0 wallets now available at britcoin.xyz.  (You might consider v3.1 to be the failed attempt to mine the new coins earlier.)

Note that the location of our github repo has changed from greenmo000's account to https://github.com/britcoin3/britcoin3.2/

These new wallets will stake up the new 10 million coins for the investor, no matter who gets that block.  It will happen at block 1,020,000 which could be found in about a week from now, so be sure to upgrade your wallets before then.

Linux/VPS users will also note that the annoying "Tor: Exit policy" message has disappeared :8]

And we've finally made the in-wallet logo not have a jaggy edge ;8]

Other, more major changes have been postponed until the next release in order to get this one out without any more delay.

Thanks to xCore and mammix2 for the help with these wallets.  And thanks to all of you for your patience, Britcoin holders!

penambang

Activity: 548
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 02:17:16 AM

I hope tor will be updated to v0.2.8.7 on next major update.
fiftyseven

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 09:19:51 AM

New 3.2.0.0 wallets now available at britcoin.xyz.  (You might consider v3.1 to be the failed attempt to mine the new coins earlier.)

Note that the location of our github repo has changed from greenmo000's account to https://github.com/britcoin3/britcoin3.2/

These new wallets will stake up the new 10 million coins for the investor, no matter who gets that block.  It will happen at block 1,020,000 which could be found in about a week from now, so be sure to upgrade your wallets before then.

Linux/VPS users will also note that the annoying "Tor: Exit policy" message has disappeared :8]

Other, more major changes have been postponed until the next release in order to get this one out without any more delay.

Thanks to xCore and mammix2 for the help with these wallets.  And thanks to all of you for your patience, Britcoin holders!

I'm afraid the OSX one isn't working. This is what I get: http://imgur.com/a/6gqze

The GUI pops up earlier than expected but with the splash screen still in front with no tx in it and that error appears behind it.

If I run the previous version, there's no issue at all.
Das

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 10:01:37 AM

What are the hardware and software requirements for mining britcoin?

Can you use a laptop instead of a desktop for mining the coin?
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 10:44:16 AM

I'm afraid the OSX one isn't working. This is what I get: http://imgur.com/a/6gqze

The GUI pops up earlier than expected but with the splash screen still in front with no tx in it and that error appears behind it.

If I run the previous version, there's no issue at all.

Hi mate,

Looks like it is caused by the latest wallet using DB4, some of the much older wallets were built using DB5.  Best way to get around this is to run an old wallet and export the private keys then import into the newest wallet.

Hope this helps. Smiley

will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 11:05:07 AM

What are the hardware and software requirements for mining britcoin?

Can you use a laptop instead of a desktop for mining the coin?

Britcoin is a PoS coin so it's no longer mineable, you will need to buy some Brit from https://c-cex.com/?lpm=btc&p=brit-btc and then transfer to your Britcoin wallet and "stake" (think of it like in wallet mining) your coins, which will give you 5% annual interest. Smiley

fiftyseven

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 03:16:37 PM

Hi mate,

Looks like it is caused by the latest wallet using DB4, some of the much older wallets were built using DB5.  Best way to get around this is to run an old wallet and export the private keys then import into the newest wallet.

Hope this helps. Smiley

I've done the equivalent of deleting everything other than wallet.dat and it's now resynching. I placed the boostrap/peers files as supplied above in this thread, not sure if that's made it any quicker, but it seems to be going from the start. Am in no rush anyway, it'll get there hopefully! Thanks.
greenmo

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 03:46:06 PM

Hi mate,

Hope this helps. Smiley

I've done the equivalent of deleting everything other than wallet.dat and it's now resynching. I placed the boostrap/peers files as supplied above in this thread, not sure if that's made it any quicker, but it seems to be going from the start. Am in no rush anyway, it'll get there hopefully! Thanks.

Cool, sorry for the trouble.

Is anyone aware of any real reasons not to just officially compile with Berekely DB 5 in future, beyond the minor problem that it would make it impossible to go back to a previous wallet?  I mean it seems fine, and Berekely DB 4 seems to be disappearing from official sources.

We might just follow AuroraCoin's lead and compile with DB 5 in the next release.
CoinExchange.io

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 04:51:36 PM

BRIT/BTC market has been added to CoinExchange.io

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/BRIT/BTC

Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: