Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:39:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][♔] Britcoin.com | 5% annual PoS | Always on TOR [BRIT]  (Read 72236 times)
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:47:31 AM

We're hoping to have BRIT trading on Cryptomate.co.uk by the end of the week, if not early next week.

This means users can buy and sell via instant bank transfer within the UK! Smiley

Just in time for article 50 being triggered next Wednesday!

It's live now (and yesterday Smiley) but don't want to publish until tomorrow, as many vendors need to sync with the Brit network and signup to c-cex etc.

https://cryptomate.co.uk/buy-britcoin/

Very good, but why soo long to sync BRIT wallet..??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 12:39:32 PM

We're hoping to have BRIT trading on Cryptomate.co.uk by the end of the week, if not early next week.

This means users can buy and sell via instant bank transfer within the UK! Smiley

Just in time for article 50 being triggered next Wednesday!

It's live now (and yesterday Smiley) but don't want to publish until tomorrow, as many vendors need to sync with the Brit network and signup to c-cex etc.

https://cryptomate.co.uk/buy-britcoin/

Very good, but why soo long to sync BRIT wallet..??

The blockchain is currently 1012 days old so there's a lot to sync.  We're currently working on electrum wallets (desktop and mobile) and long term we hope we can introduce faster sync in the core wallet. Smiley

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:28:50 PM

General update - 23rd March 2017

Wallet development

Thanks to the BRIT community on being patient about these.  We cannot release new mobile or desktop wallets yet because they depend on an Electrum server, and there's a bug in the Britcoin Electrum server where it becomes unresponsive after a while.  We're still trying to sort this out but hope to have it done soon.

Due to the time lost to this bug, the new desktop wallet will just be a 'Lite' Electrum wallet of the kind you've seen in some other coins, rather than than an entirely new beast.  (We need to get a desktop wallet with SPV functionality and deterministic addresses completed as per the roadmap before the end of the period for which the investor gave funding.)  So you'd have a choice between our standard TOR-using desktop wallet that downloads the blockchain and stakes, or the Lite wallet that isn't on TOR by default and can't stake, but doesn't need to download the blockchain.

There is also a new version of the standard desktop wallet due for release with a small tail emission and minor visual improvements, as soon as we can manage to get it compiled for Windows and Mac.

Website

We have a new website at Britcoin.com; check it out!  You'll note it also links to a paper wallet and brain wallet generator (Services->Offline Storage).  Be very careful with brain wallets -- It's easy for a computer to try so many different phrases to guess your passphrase and take your coins.

Exchanges

It is expected that we will be added to the UK fiat->crypto gateway Cryptomate next week.  Please support the buy walls on C-Cex and CoinExchange to help give buyers more predictable and reasonable prices!

Nice. Is everything going as planned on the roadmap? Do you mind upload the roadmap to the website or OP? People might wonder what direction Brit is going Wink

Hi mate, good to hear from you.  I think everything's going as planned, still plenty to do in the coming months though if we want to meet our 6 month targets - which ends June 1st.  I've reuploaded the roadmap (here) but I think I'm going to write an entire new one soon, one for 2017 with a bit more specifics. Smiley

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 03:02:22 PM

Article 50 TRIGGERED! Bye, bye unelected EU dictatorship.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 03:21:15 PM

Article 50 TRIGGERED! Bye, bye unelected EU dictatorship.

greenmo

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 01:17:59 PM

Exchanges

It is expected that we will be added to the UK fiat->crypto gateway Cryptomate next week.  Please support the buy walls on C-Cex and CoinExchange to help give buyers more predictable and reasonable prices!

Of course it's the sell walls that need supporting, to give Britcoin buyers a good price!
peterw1234

Activity: 181

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 06:55:17 AM

Kinda quiet here. What's up Brit Roll Eyes
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:15:20 AM

Hi mate!  Yea it's been a quiet few weeks.  Sadly I broke my laptop the other day which was really worrying, luckily I was able to get all my data off the old HDD so all was not lost.

Also went to Coinfest in Manchester last weekend, had a chance to meet some cool people and tell them about the project Smiley

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:37:11 PM

If anyone would be interested in becoming vendors on Cryptomate and help fill BRIT orders then hit me up on PM Smiley

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:11:48 AM

Hi mate!  Yea it's been a quiet few weeks.  Sadly I broke my laptop the other day which was really worrying, luckily I was able to get all my data off the old HDD so all was not lost.

Also went to Coinfest in Manchester last weekend, had a chance to meet some cool people and tell them about the project Smiley

I would of went to coinfest with you, count me in for the next one.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:14:14 AM

If anyone would be interested in becoming vendors on Cryptomate and help fill BRIT orders then hit me up on PM Smiley

I just noticed that Brit is on cryptomate, I saw the price was $4.20 I thought WTF? then I seen it was for 1000 Smiley

Nice we got a fiat option for brit now.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 10:58:36 AM

I would of went to coinfest with you, count me in for the next one.

Sorry I forgot to tell you, I ended up booking my hotel like 2 days before and wasn't 100% sure if I would get there Smiley

It was really good though - A bunch of crypto lads drinking and talking about the industry etc.

I'll try and arrange a group to go up next time, would also want to sponsor the event and get a Britcoin stall Cheesy

peterw1234

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:19:43 AM

I just noticed that Brit is on cryptomate, I saw the price was $4.20 I thought WTF? then I seen it was for 1000 Smiley

Always nice to have more options Roll Eyes any news/replies from the other exchanges?
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:39:52 PM

Always nice to have more options Roll Eyes any news/replies from the other exchanges?

No updates on that as of yet sadly, we're trying to ensure we stay on C-Cex for now but we will eventually get on bittrex/polo.

But in some more positive news I'm happy to announce we've got a new Press Officer for Britcoin, Richard.  I'm not sure he has an account on this forum but I'll ask and hopefully he can make a quick introduction. Smiley

britcoin3 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 10:40:59 AM

I've just updated the OP with some new links and an updated bootstrap file for those who want to sync faster;

http://britcoin.com/bootstrap.zip

peterw1234

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:22:12 AM

No updates on that as of yet sadly, we're trying to ensure we stay on C-Cex for now but we will eventually get on bittrex/polo.

But in some more positive news I'm happy to announce we've got a new Press Officer for Britcoin, Richard.  I'm not sure he has an account on this forum but I'll ask and hopefully he can make a quick introduction. Smiley

Nice. Keep up the good work. Seems like Brit is still marked for delisting tho Undecided
britcoin3 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 01:54:48 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2017, 07:02:58 PM by britcoin3

Looks like Will isn't doing his job so it's up to me to update all the social media yet again.

Britcoin 3.3.0.3 is now available at https://britcoin.com/wallets/ and https://github.com/britcoin3/britcoin3.3/releases for Debian/Ubuntu and Windows.  No Mac version yet.

It sets a tail distribution of 0.5% annual interest for stakers, after the main 30 million coin emission is done.  There are also a few minor graphical improvements in the wallet.

If you're a Mac user or just don't feel like upgrading yet, you can use Britcoin 3.3.0.2 for now.  But please don't use a version lower than that as those old versions don't do enough to block pre-fork versions and other coins that use Britcoin's code.
--
Mo

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:40:00 PM

Looks like Will isn't doing his job so it's up to me to update all the social media yet again.

Britcoin 3.3.0.3 is now available at https://britcoin.com/wallets/ and https://github.com/britcoin3/britcoin3.3/releases for Debian/Ubuntu and Windows.  No Mac version yet.

It sets a tail distribution of 0.5% annual interest for stakers, after the main 30 million coin emission is done.  There are also a few minor graphical improvements in the wallet.

If you're a Mac user or just don't feel like upgrading yet, you can use Britcoin 3.3.0.2 for now.  But please don't use a version lower than that as those old versions don't do enough to block pre-fork versions and other coins that use Britcoin's code.
--
Mo

Well done pigman Cheesy

rbcarruthers

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:25:30 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 07:54:15 AM by rbcarruthers

Hello folks, allow me to introduce myself as a new Britboy helping out with press & P.R.

My credentials include working for the BBC World Service in the 90s & as a NYSE reporter in the 00s. Until recently I ran a jazz and chamber music record label and London concert series. I am semi retired and spend most of my time playing poker, trading crypto currencies and mining Burst.

Here are a few of the ideas I've discussed with Will7am and I welcome any feedback you have on them. Although I'm aware Brit is a technical marvel with it's ecological proof of stake, 0.5% interest etc... it needs other qualities to distinguish itself from the 600+ alt coins out there. Best achieved, I reckon, by association with fundamental British values like justice & fair play, free speech & democracy. Amnesty International was founded in Britain, we could set them up a wallet for donations. We might also do the same for key UK charities like NSPCC, RSPCA etc.

Obviously wallet downloading and usage is our top priority and increased public awareness of Brit is critical to achieve that. With Brexit in full swing the timing is excellent for media stories we can infiltrate to gain exposure. So as key Brexit events horizon we should be looking to get press, perhaps starting with 23rd June, our so-called ‘Independence Day’.

Identify with the British sense humour. First thing I did when I came across Britcoin was smile. Although I said we should ride Brexit, I'd rather do it in a Pythonesque manner than a UKIP assault. An independent Britain needs an independent currency! (Stole that T-shirt idea off Will7am). Long term we might hope the BBC enables red nose donations via Britcoin, but short term could we find a cash strapped comedy outfit that needs a wallet - something like Shit-faced Shakespeare!

A faucet to get free Brits - Will is working on getting us onto cryptogiveaways.org. Free stuff always attracts attention.

If we could get a renowned British restaurant to accept Britcoin that would be cool. I'll try my posh local fish & chips place, Geales. You should all get out there and try your favourite eateries - anything from full fry-up type cafes to Ottolenghis and gastro pubs. Obviously a mobile wallet will help here.

A couple of the more wacky ideas I had are borrowing Marvel Comic's Captain Britain as a publicity image, at least until their lawyers take notice and a tie up with Trump coin during the Donald's visit later this year.

So I'm happy to be aboard the good ship Brit, look forward to exchanging ideas with you, and hopefully add some value to this coin.
ATB, Richard
greenmo

Activity: 194

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 09:59:58 AM

Brit is a technical marvel with it's ecological proof of stake, 0.5% interest etc...

5% annual interest on staked coins for now, and then 0.5% interest once the 30 million supply cap is reached.

Welcome aboard!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: