Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:57:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AVALON] - I got my ASIC Thread (Batch #2)  (Read 53519 times)
neotrix

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 03:14:32 PM

BitSyncom,

Do you have a timetable to confirm and add early batch 2 orders(Feb2-3) to your website? It's not comfortable having no order # and nothing to confirm receipt of payment other than a BTC transaction ID. Also nothing to confirm a correct shipping address. Thx.

This will probably have to wait until batch 1 finishes shipping. Once you have gotten word from walletbit that your "payment" is good you can pretty much rest easy because we will be working together to cross check our records.

I can't get a confirmation from walletbit or avalon. Looking in my history I see a bunch of wallet bit urls with other customer information. I would like to receive confirmation that my address is associated to my payment.

Yes same for me, but as I just read we will have to wait until bach 1 finish to ship to receive such infos. However the shipment of batch 2 should start soon too acording date announced so let see.

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 03:37:10 PM

If you created a wordpress account for the avalon store website you should be able to login and click the "My account" link and see the details of your order.

If you ordered with guest account, I'm guessing the only way you'll know for sure is that you should get an email notification when they're ready to ship...

@BitSyncom : just a suggestion, but a confirmation email about a week prior to shipping to let the customer verify the shipping details would be a very good idea.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 03:50:00 PM

@BitSyncom : just a suggestion, but a confirmation email about a week prior to shipping to let the customer verify the shipping details would be a very good idea.

There are information that can't be submitted even with the forms available to registered users. For example there's a building access code where I live and I couldn't provide it. Avalon has my phone number so hopefully the delivery company will too but it might mean additional delay (the delivery guy doesn't always phone himself when he is stuck behind the building doors).
If they don't get at least my phone number they won't be able to reach me.

@BitSyncom: asking for additional delivery details for every customer for verification/completion is the only solution to avoid painful delays or even packages being sent back to you.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 11:31:59 AM

MHm, with all these Asics entering the market.. will batch 2 Avalon even turn a profit when it arrives at the beggining of May?

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 12:13:54 PM

Well, even if the entire hashing power of the network is over 1 petahash (30 times higher than now), one Avalon unit would still make 0.25 BTC per day. Depending on your electricity costs and Bitcoin's value at that time, it could very well still be profitable. Assuming 1 BTC falls back to 10 dollars, that means you get 2,5 dollars per day per Avalon Unit. Also, assuming 15 cents per KWh, it would cost you about 2 dollars per day to run it. So you have a 50 cents profit per Avalon unit per day.

Of course, this is a worst case scenario - I expect petahash ranges of difficulty towards the end of this year/beginning of next year. However, it's hard to tell, with all these projects that popped up lately on the forums, what ASIC solutions will arise in the next months. Many things will change several times over until we're at that point, and then we'll most likely have various options. It's a continuing evolving process. But my guess is that second batch customers are still fine. They will have a longer ROI than first batch buyers, but odds are they'll be ok.
goxed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 04:14:21 AM

Any Fish Yet?

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 08:42:59 AM

It's March 10th, Avalon batch 2 should ship now!

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 10:36:38 AM

It's March 10th, Avalon batch 2 should ship now!
Dude,
I am on the queue for both 1 and 2 batches and i still do not have my batch 1  unit. Most of the batch 1 dudes also. How do you think batch 2 should ship?

Do not forget that it is almost one month table in order for batch 2 to complete shipping as announced.
relax and wait ..being nervous is not helping anybody   Smiley

Shipping just one batch 2 unit, but not yours will not going to make you happy

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
goxed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 11:03:24 AM

Both batches can be shipped in parallel in theory.  Batch#2 skus cost a bit more than Batch#1, it may equate to faster turnover / service.

dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 02:47:33 PM

Im sure we will get a update when all of batch 1 is shipped...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 03:00:14 PM

I'm order 200000300. In batch1, between part 1 and part 2. I still haven't heard anything. I requested EMS for my order ( since I live on a boat ).  Still waiting myself. I also ordered in batch 2. Can't wait for my Avalon farm to arrive.

I'd also love to know when we can order the upgrade modules.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 03:03:26 PM

I'm order 200000300. In batch1, between part 1 and part 2. I still haven't heard anything. I requested EMS for my order ( since I live on a boat ).  Still waiting myself. I also ordered in batch 2. Can't wait for my Avalon farm to arrive.

I'd also love to know when we can order the upgrade modules.
On a boat?
I am jealous are you diving?

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
Aseras

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:37:04 PM

I work for a university, do oceanographic research and system development. everything from submersibles and ocean engineering to laser imaging. I love this stuff. All of my stuff is leased or temporary so I never stay in one place very long.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:40:29 PM

I work for a university, do oceanographic research and system development. everything from submersibles and ocean engineering to laser imaging. I love this stuff. All of my stuff is leased or temporary so I never stay in one place very long.

You are sooooooo lucky..You are a free man! .Seems very nice what you do

Good Luck dude:)
and pint your satellite dish or whatever you are using for the internet access to the right pool:)

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:54:18 PM

yes, but please tell me you're going to mine from the boat.
Aseras

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 05:23:42 PM

I could, but these will be going in a data enter I lease space from. The ships actually have pretty fast Internet. 100mbs+. Even a smaller gpu farm on a ship power wise is not an issue, except during an emergency. The ship uses 4 gallons of diesel to travel its length (200 feet). 95 percent of the fuel used is for propulsion.
goxed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 09:26:04 PM

I could, but these will be going in a data enter I lease space from. The ships actually have pretty fast Internet. 100mbs+. Even a smaller gpu farm on a ship power wise is not an issue, except during an emergency. The ship uses 4 gallons of diesel to travel its length (200 feet). 95 percent of the fuel used is for propulsion.

No wonder 16 ships pollute as much as all the cars in the world. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1229857/How-16-ships-create-pollution-cars-world.html

Aseras

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 11:31:43 PM

Well I work for the good guys trying to stop all that. We are the ones who put subs down in the gulf when bp had the spill and lied about it all and we proved the oil was there. The dispersant they used just made the oil float underwater. It hid it and caused incredible damage. There's literal lakes of oil and liquified natural gas on the bottom of the ocean still. There's some amazing video of our sub examining it.

Our ship run on number 2 diesel and biodiesel and have the best filtration and particulate filters. The oceans are the last true frontier, we know more about the moon than the oceans. Sadly there no where near enough science there, and the pollution and ever increasing demands of the seafood industry are killing it.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 01:17:44 AM

Well I work for the good guys trying to stop all that. We are the ones who put subs down in the gulf when bp had the spill and lied about it all and we proved the oil was there. The dispersant they used just made the oil float underwater. It hid it and caused incredible damage. There's literal lakes of oil and liquified natural gas on the bottom of the ocean still. There's some amazing video of our sub examining it.

Our ship run on number 2 diesel and biodiesel and have the best filtration and particulate filters. The oceans are the last true frontier, we know more about the moon than the oceans. Sadly there no where near enough science there, and the pollution and ever increasing demands of the seafood industry are killing it.

you just ruined my day  Undecided

well, at least you're mining.  Wink
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 02:02:47 AM

There's literal lakes of oil and liquified natural gas on the bottom of the ocean still. There's some amazing video of our sub examining it.
Quote from: Wikipedia
The density of LNG is roughly 0.41 kg/L to 0.5 kg/L, depending on temperature, pressure, and composition, compared to water at 1.0 kg/L.
Huh

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: