Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] OPHION - A Secure, Anonymous & Decentralized Market |CROWDSALE LIVE|  (Read 15849 times)
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:53:46 PM

1. You are explicitly implying that illegal activities will occur in the hidden shops.

2. Aren't you worried about potential legal implications since you have openly revealed your identity, if it is indeed you?

Just curious.

I will be following with interest.

Sorry if you misunderstood what I said but I explained that Ophion Representatives will not be able to see what happens in hidden shops, we do not condone illegal activities but we have no way of managing what goes on in these hidden shops.

I'm not worried about any legal implications because of the simple fact that we don't condone those activities. Yet, it is not our fault that we can't do anything about them if they are done in hidden shops.

Think about it theoretically, if a doctor prescribed you some medication and you sold it, would the doctor be at fault? Even though he didn't know that's what you'd do? No.

I hope this clears things up here.

No, but am sure that the very fact that you are allowing "hidden shops" to operate with the implied possibility of "illegal activities" is sufficient enough to drag you in a court of law by some judge somewhere.........

They love scapegoats.....

Just saying, don't put your neck on the line if it doesn't have to be on said line.
Hazelnutter (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 10:32:37 PM

No, but am sure that the very fact that you are allowing "hidden shops" to operate with the implied possibility of "illegal activities" is sufficient enough to drag you in a court of law by some judge somewhere.........

Just saying, don't put your neck on the line if it doesn't have to be on said line.

Hidden shops are for users that only want certain people to be able to buy from them and whatnot. Almost like an Invite only store or forum even. Ophion is a marketplace tool, if people use it for malicious activities we cannot be held responsible.

The fact that illegal activities can occur in these shops is not under our control, there's nothing we can do to prevent them and that's what I'm going to leave this conversation at.

❰❰ OPHION ❱❱▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨ A SECURE, ANONYMOUS & DECENTRALIZED MARKET ▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨❰❰ OPHION ❱❱
TRADE GOODS OR SERVICES ■NO LOGGING - AT ALL■ 2 OF 3 MULTISIG AUTOMATION ■SELLER/BUYER RATING SYSTEM■ AND MANY MORE
❰❰▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❰❰ JOIN THE CROWDSALE ❱❱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❱❱
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:12:19 PM

Hidden shops are for users that only want certain people to be able to buy from them and whatnot. Almost like an Invite only store or forum even. Ophion is a marketplace tool, if people use it for malicious activities we cannot be held responsible.

The fact that illegal activities can occur in these shops is not under our control, there's nothing we can do to prevent them and that's what I'm going to leave this conversation at.

You'd still need a good lawyer. I wouldn't want to be the guy who has to explain why you can't provide any data of users from your site.
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 11:20:54 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2016, 09:42:07 AM by Hazelnutter

You'd still need a good lawyer. I wouldn't want to be the guy who has to explain why you can't provide any data of users from your site.

Just trust me, we have all of this figured out. Legality issues of this area are not necessarily the business of Ophion's users. Meaning that we can handle ourselves while keeping Ophion's anonymity and security standards at an all time high.

We cant provide data from users of our site... as this is an encrypted decentralized application and not a website.

❰❰ OPHION ❱❱▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨ A SECURE, ANONYMOUS & DECENTRALIZED MARKET ▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨❰❰ OPHION ❱❱
TRADE GOODS OR SERVICES ■NO LOGGING - AT ALL■ 2 OF 3 MULTISIG AUTOMATION ■SELLER/BUYER RATING SYSTEM■ AND MANY MORE
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 10:51:04 AM

Crowdsale Starts Tuesday 10th May 2016 22:00 BST (GMT +1)

Please be sure to check back for links and more details to be announced beforehand. If you have any questions we will be glad to answer them.

Hunterwolfie

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 11:08:43 AM

Just trust me, we have all of this figured out. Legality issues of this area are not necessarily the business of Ophion's users. Meaning that we can handle ourselves while keeping Ophion's anonymity and security standards at an all time high.

We cant provide data from users of our site... as this is an encrypted decentralized application and not a website.

Sorry but if you are asking for money to fund your little enterprise and then you get locked up and the site goes down, it does make it directly the business of your users.

If you are asking for funds, then don't alienate your potential investors from the outset.

These are valid and legitimate concerns and you could address those without coming off like an arrogant prat.

Just my two cents.
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 11:21:31 AM

Sorry but if you are asking for money to fund your little enterprise and then you get locked up and the site goes down, it does make it directly the business of your users.

If you are asking for funds, then don't alienate your potential investors from the outset.

These are valid and legitimate concerns and you could address those without coming off like an arrogant prat.

Just my two cents.

First of all, I'm not attempting to come off like an "arrogant prat" because we don't want our users to worry about our legality issues because honestly, that shouldn't be something they need to worry about at all. If you have read the whitepaper, which I'm guessing you didn't but that's fine, you would have discovered that Ophion is a decentralized marketplace. Which means if I get locked up, nothing happens, the "site" won't go down.

Whitepaper Reference:
Ophion is a decentralized market; in essence, this means that everyone who runs the
client or node server is some cases is responsible for keeping the network going. There is
no centralized server that can be taken down. As long as people keep using Ophion (and
Bitcoin), the network is unstoppable and Ophion Market keeps running.

Hunterwolfie

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 11:38:53 AM

Good luck in establishing the next silk road

Decentralized or not, I think you just painted a huge bullseye on your back.

But if you are comfortable with taking that risk, who am I to judge....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11640200/Silk-Road-founder-Ross-Ulbricht-sentenced-to-life-in-prison.html
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 11:41:05 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2016, 11:53:56 AM by Hazelnutter

Good luck in establishing the next silk road

Decentralized or not, I think you just painted a huge bullseye on your back.

But if you are comfortable with taking that risk, who am I to judge....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11640200/Silk-Road-founder-Ross-Ulbricht-sentenced-to-life-in-prison.html

The silk road was explicitly meant for the exchange of illegal goods, we explicitly said that we do not allow or permit them to be sold in our shops that can be publicly viewed be Ophion Representatives. So no, I'm not worried about being incarcerated for crimes I am not going to commit. I am not making a marketplace for illegal goods and I am not planning on profiting off of it either, that is the reason why he got sent to jail.

Creating a marketplace, IN WHICH HE PROFITED OFF OF, that was meant to sell illegal materials.

That is not what Ophion is doing at all. End of story.
If you don't understand it, and still believe there is an issue I have to worry about then fine. My bullseye is mine to worry about.

xelwenq

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:32:45 PM

Firstly, I do not know why people are making comparisons with silk road. I have had a full read of the whitepaper and can see where it _could_ be used illegally, But so can Ebay? I can see you can run hidden stores but not everyone wants to show the public what they have for sale if you only want a select group of people. A website userbase for example.

I create and sell some MMORPG Bots, I would not want these displayed publicly but would be happy to have the SSL Key sent to a community of people I trust. That way there is less chance in these bots being figured out and ban-able. I could also see the benefit from my point if I was going to sell a website or script to someone and only wanted them to see it.

This looks like a really good project and I will be following closely. Added to my watch list.

Is there any time frame on a release date or any roadmap available?
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 12:52:20 PM

Is there any time frame on a release date or any roadmap available?

Glad to see you are interested, we are planning for launch Late August/Early September. Our crowdsale starts on Tuesday, the exact time is on our main post.

BitFomo

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 04:56:45 AM

Ross Ulbricht wasnt allowed to use this argument in court, what makes you think it will work for you. Of course, you probably have no intention of building this in the first place.
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:21:24 AM

Looks kind interesting and could be a good thing but waiting for release in end of summer for me a this moment is a long time.
xelwenq

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 09:17:42 AM

Ross Ulbricht wasnt allowed to use this argument in court, what makes you think it will work for you. Of course, you probably have no intention of building this in the first place.

I do not think you understand the concept the dev is talking about. You should really read the whitepaper.pdf, http://ophion.io/whitepaper.pdf

Ross Ulbricht made a "Website" that was ***intentionally*** made to sell illegal goods. The Ophion devs have stated that they will remove any illegal goods they see and do not condone this. I am sure this will be in their EULA.

Ophion and Silk Road are not even comparable. Please See Below Image.

https://i.imgur.com/hxPGOQS.png

The screwdriver is a tool, but can also be used a weapon, does this make the screwdriver manufacturer an aid to illegal activities?
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 11:41:27 AM

Looks kind interesting and could be a good thing but waiting for release in end of summer for me a this moment is a long time.

It's not so much waiting as it is implementing all of our planned developments and making sure that everything is ready for when we are ready to launch. We don't plan on launching out half a project because that will just fail, we plan on launching something that will last a long time.

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 01:20:44 PM

OPHION ICO PAGE is Active
Accounts can be made.
Please note that investments will not be allowed to be made until: 22:00 BST (GMT +1)

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 08:57:36 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2016, 09:08:31 PM by Hazelnutter

Crowdsale Started Tuesday 10th May 2016 22:00 BST (GMT +1)

The Ophion ICO is going to last for 7 Weeks with a price change each week.

Week 1 - 1 OPH = 0.00010 BTC (~0.05 USD) 10 May - 17 May
Week 2 - 1 OPH = 0.00019 BTC (~0.08 USD) 17 May - 24 May
Week 3 - 1 OPH = 0.00028 BTC (~0.12 USD) 24 May - 31 May
Week 4 - 1 OPH = 0.00036 BTC (~0.16 USD) 31 May - 07 June
Week 5 - 1 OPH = 0.00045 BTC (~0.20 USD) 07 June - 14 June
Week 6 - 1 OPH = 0.00055 BTC (~0.25 USD) 14 June - 21 June
Week 7 - 1 OPH = 0.00060 BTC (~0.27 USD) 21 June - 28 June

There is a set asset of 8,000,000 OPH for ICO, Any OPH assets that have not been purchased will be destroyed by sending to an impossible address which will be made public.

We are being as transparent as possible with the funds we receive and have shown a breakdown below.

Project Developemt Fund: 70% ICO - Hiring Staff, Building Project, Extras (Private Git, Inital Build VPS) Help to aid development.
Marketing / Advertising Fund: 15% ICO - Advertisments, Hiring Dedicated Community Manager, Email Services.
Sebastian Bates: 5% ICO - Salary/Wage for development work and time
David Ladner: 5% ICO - Salary/Wage for development work and time
Project Dev/Design/Graphics: 5% ICO - Salary/Wage for development work and time

A breakdown of this can be proven by looking at our coinsplit scheme:

Coinsplit Scheme

CROWDSALE LINK

xelwenq

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:00:58 PM

Signed up, Made a small investment. I always like to buy in early Smiley
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 08:15:03 AM

Make sure you ask any questions you have pertaining to Ophion and I'll answer them.
We did our best to remain as transparent as possible when it comes to our Crowdsale, even though Ophion is all about anonymity.

Please check out our Crowdsale Page here for more info: http://ophion.io/crowdsale/index.php

RudyonRails

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 08:20:33 AM

Hi.

Ophion appears to be ideal for my selling of scripts and I also have lots of star trek memorabilia.
I have wanted to find some project on bitcointalk that I could use well and this is good.

Best Luck.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: