Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:42:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin IS basically DESTROYED  (Read 47186 times)
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:02:15 PM

BCT EMAIL got hacked!

I got this today via email addressed to my former BCT user name which I do not use elsewhere:

See attached your BTC-e codes.

You have to use it within 4 days.

The Pass key is 2LXK9Oym. You need to type it to be able to open the document.

Regards
Simmons Dylan
 Attachments

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoFiction

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:16:27 PM

Why would the fact that China is basically controlling mining do anything to Bitcoin?

The whole concept of bitcoin was based around decentralization.

If China controlls a large % of the hash power then it would only take the collaboration of a few to hit the dreaded 51% control point

This statement suggests that the Chinese are more corrupt that other nationalities. I don't believe that they are. Would you have made that statement if a large % of hash power was controlled by Americans?
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:30:24 PM

Why would the fact that China is basically controlling mining do anything to Bitcoin?

If China controlls a large % of the hash power then it would only take the collaboration of a few to hit the dreaded 51% control point
This statement suggests that the Chinese are more corrupt that other nationalities. I don't believe that they are. Would you have made that statement if a large % of hash power was controlled by Americans?
People have made this argument in the past and it basically comes down to the Chinese being very efficient and prone to in-group interests rather than community-based interests makes it more difficult for the community to interact with miners from China due to their more-often-than-not lack of doing anything that doesn't give them more power or money. NA citizens in general or more open to doing things for the good of the community as a whole, but there are some that have the same ideals.
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 03:34:56 AM

It's just that most people of China is a business minded and thinking advance compare to others. For example most of the Chinese people here in our place have their own business that you can compare also in the world of Bitcoin, they sew that this had a great potential in investing their money, all I see with this is most of Chinese people just believe first in the financial and security measures of cryptos compare to other country and nationalities.
reuschman

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 03:52:32 AM

I don't think that day by day bitcoin is getting bigger and acceptable to the people, we should not blame a single country people because they are really efficient, but bitcoin should be more strict and accountable so that corruption will come down. 
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 05:54:57 PM

BTC $2000 +   Grin
Gotimour

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:45:20 AM

BTC $2000 +   Grin

I think that is because the block size will be increased soon to accommodate more transactions.

RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:08:16 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 05:54:49 PM by RoomBot

BTC $2000 +   Grin

I think that is because the block size will be increased soon to accommodate more transactions.

$2450   Grin

BTC Scaling consensus reached at Consensus!

edit:  $2600 at OK Coin ATM  Grin
SwagGirl

Activity: 104
Merit: 100

GetClams.com

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:59:19 PM

So far China has done nothing but make the value go up. As long as they continue to do that, I don't have a problem with them mining at all.
CryptoSi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:01:15 PM

I think when ETH dips a bit it would be smart to load up on it, I see biggest potential for growth in ETH & DCR
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:11:30 PM

So far China has done nothing but make the value go up. As long as they continue to do that, I don't have a problem with them mining at all.

Right on!!

They keep buying (and holding too.)

If not for their collective perseverance when the costs of mining weren't profitable, it wouldn't have thrived.  They invested millions of YUAN in hardware. Maybe billions.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:02:12 PM

Right on!!

They keep buying (and holding too.)

If not for their collective perseverance when the costs of mining weren't profitable, it wouldn't have thrived.  They invested millions of YUAN in hardware. Maybe billions.

Right on?
China completely controlling Bitcoin is what we all dreamed of 5 to 7 years ago.

RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:03:19 PM

I guess you missed the 81% consensus just reached. 

And the rest of this thread....  Roll Eyes
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:07:58 PM

I guess you missed the 81% consensus just reached.  

And the rest of this thread....  Roll Eyes

Do I really need the rest of the thread to know Bitcoin is supposed to remain decentralized and independent.
Exactly how does a "consensus just reached" among corporate players and a celebration of the "collective perseverance" of huge Chinese miners set any individual free in the long run?

bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:51:12 PM

Bitcoin is basically destroyed now with 70% of the mining controlled by China, soon to be 98+%, and with Blockstream implementing their SegWit soft fork Trojan Horse so as Matonis admits can end up increasing the 21 million coins limit.

The entire ecosystem is headed for a clusterfuck.

I honestly believe this is the truth.  What is there to add ?

~CfA~

UPDATE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1465136.msg14789764#msg14789764
Now not China but Japan. You can see that the government of Japan have legalized bitcoin on their state level and the people of Japan have started to adopt it more rapidly so other countries also need to legalize bitcoin because if it remained to Japan only then the more control on it will be from Japan.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:30:46 PM

It's all China's fault! 

It's all Japan's fault!

I'll take those nasty Bitcoins off your hands.   Grin
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:42:11 PM

It's just time for other powers to get heavier involvement. I doubt major powers such as Russia or the USA would simply let China centralize BTC. It has deeper roots in our companies than that. Maybe, they're just waiting when to send some packages to Chineese miners  Lips sealed
USA joined the rally already if you know the news about them making coinbase audit all the transactions made from the past years, it is just showing that they are interested to bitcoin. And as far as I know, Russia is near to acceptance to bitcoin.

Its been nearly one year to the start of this topic till now Bitcoin is living and its been living prosperously. USA, Russia, Japan and many other strong technological countries are showing more interest in BTC and trying experiments socially. BTC will definitely live for at least 10 more years.
so its proved that bitcoin will be never die and bitcoin will be survive forever and i hope one day all countries will be adopt the bitcoin for their countries and then bitcoin will be global currency in the future.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:07:10 AM

As a proven Proof-of-Concept, it can never be destroyed.

Unless you can destroy Mathematics.
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:23:36 AM

China selfish also here in bitcoin. they have a large mining farm and looks like they owning it now..
Also here in philippines we have found one island in the north of our country its near in our country but they want to get this island too.. and they are planning to start a war..
Yes, I didn't understand why they are doing it all. First is the island near in the philippines and now bitcoin? Why chinese people didn't contented on what they have. But i think they cant destroy bitcoin. Because many bitcoin users will not let that happen.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:20:34 AM

As a proven Proof-of-Concept, it can never be destroyed.

Unless you can destroy Mathematics.

Say that again dude, it's like some people feel good by badmouthing Bitcoin and ridiculing it without any tangible reasons. A small dip and they start talking doom, it's been on going for sometime now but each time they get hooked and bitcoin proves them wrong.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: