Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:38:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I spent all my saving on bitcoin, now i am broke  (Read 25379 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:19:37 AM

It was not a bad idea to save bitcoin but it is only a bad idea if you spend money which you can't spend though!
But anyways you didn't need to split them up and bury them you could have made some seperate wallets and save them in those which is much easier.
Having all your money in Bitcoin or whatever investment is never a good idea, but these people are impulsive buyers that act first, and do the thinking later.

These people mostly end up selling their coins with a huge loss as they sell their coins in panic when the price gets dumped down, but if OP is still having these coins, then he made a decent amount of profit.

But I don't know why OP isn't updating this thread from time to time in order to let people know how this journey is progressing.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 08:27:38 AM

you have a house and can only afford 6 btc?
this thread is an obvious troll

rockstar338

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:33:16 AM

you have a house and can only afford 6 btc?
this thread is an obvious troll

Maybe he had the house for a long time and then in 2008 his house was only worth 30% the vulue.

You are an obvious troll. Im saving and gonna buy a house for 6 btc
dharkmadder

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 09:17:21 AM

You still have these bitcoins and considering the price now and when you bought them you didn't lose except a small percentage or so from when you invested, I don't think this is a waste of money but a good one if bitcoin moves like we expect to here in the forum.

Mokuton

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 09:23:43 AM

Might be a good investment. Predictions go as high as $1,800 for 1 bitcoin for this year's big pump they say
Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 05:04:16 PM

Might be a good investment. Predictions go as high as $1,800 for 1 bitcoin for this year's big pump they say

I do not think the bitocin price will go to $1800 in December this year. If the price is half of that, I will be happy.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 05:22:47 AM

No one  knows what happen to that pizza delivery boy which sells   pizza for 10k bitcoin which is  already a lot. If he knows the current price now  maybe hes one of the richest on bitcoin world  well  no one knows what happen to him if he possess still the  huge amount of bitcoin.

Far I know, the guy sent the bitcoin to another dude buy the pizza with a creditcard or something like that... So the "rich" guy it's not the pizza delivery but the guy from the credit card...
Maybe he did a giveaway? Grin
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 05:30:08 AM

I do not think the bitocin price will go to $1800 in December this year. If the price is half of that, I will be happy.
Yes i agree and if we looked last chrash (bitcoin's price went down on November), i think it will happen again on November this year, but i am ready for the chrash bitcoin's price it will become chance for buy bitcoins cheaply. And it is just my analysis can become true and false.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 05:33:35 AM

No one  knows what happen to that pizza delivery boy which sells   pizza for 10k bitcoin which is  already a lot. If he knows the current price now  maybe hes one of the richest on bitcoin world  well  no one knows what happen to him if he possess still the  huge amount of bitcoin.

Far I know, the guy sent the bitcoin to another dude buy the pizza with a creditcard or something like that... So the "rich" guy it's not the pizza delivery but the guy from the credit card...
Maybe he did a giveaway? Grin
It could just be that the person with the credit card passed his Bitcoin along the chain and bought something, or maybe he really was lucky and made a lot of money holding on to that 10k Bitcoin. I personally think he wasn't lucky enough to do that, but you never know for sure. If he did manage to make a ton off of that, though, good for him.
mrbang0day

Activity: 19

Great Scott!

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:29:51 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2023, 12:18:23 PM by mrbang0day

-
timberlandcop911

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:41:43 AM

I've done that before but it was worth though
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:07:35 PM

well i have good news or bad news, this week i took out all my saving from my bank 3500 and bought some bitcoin

i now have a total of 6 bitcoins,  

last night i bought 5 usb sticks and 2 waterproof boxes,  i put the box inside of the other box then the 5 usb sticks in the middle of the box,  afterwards i went into my backyard and dug a hole underneath the bird fountain,

i dug the hole almost 3 feet under. Then i buried it back and placed the bird fountain back.  

The bird fountain has been in the same spot for many years so i am not worried about forgetting where i buried it, and grass doesn't grow underneath it.

so there we have it,  I buried a total of 5 bitcoins, i plan to keep it there for 20 years. The 5 bitcoins cost me about 2300USD

The 6th bitcoin i keep it on my cellphone and i plan to spend it online,

Now i only have 100 dollars left in my bank,  i am basically broke,  my whole saving gone!

Was this a bad idea?   after i buried it i was starting to feel like it was a bad idea,  

i also did not put a hard password on it because i thought i would forget

but i wasn't planning on using my saving for anything, and the bank doesn't give me any interest for it,

i've never invested in anything , possibly because i don't have much money

anyways.. it's just money.. i'll save some more

i figure in the future, it might be way too expensive to own even 1 bitcoin,

i am now a proud owner of 5 bitcoins

this is my bitcoin story,

here are some pictures of the box and bird fountain, its not the exact ones that i own but similar

Good decision! 5 btc now if You still have them is 50k$..
joe101 (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:49:04 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 04:59:43 AM by joe101

Hello everybody!  

I completely forgot about this thread. I just noticed it now.  it's going to be almost 2 years since i wrote this thread.

Yes my 5 bitcoins(now 6 bitcoins) are still buried underground. That week after i wrote this thread, I ended up digging it back up and along with the usb's so i could throw in some cd-rw's with the wallet.dat's burned on them. Since everyone made me paranoid that the usbs would loose power. But cds last forever. That was the last time i saw my bitcoins.

A lot has happened and changed with my life since them. i've changed living arrangements and other personal things.

But for the past 2 years, i can't stop thinking about bitcoin and every other digital currency.

Luckily for me, the past 2 years, i started purchasing all types of other crypto coins with the little extra money thats left over every month.  i even cut my spending habit even more so i could buy other coins like ltc and eth and many others

it's almost 2018 now, and with my bitcoin,  bitcoin cash, bitcoin gold, and many of my other coins that ive amassed in the past 2 years

i could easily afford to purchase in cash, a house, car and have a little extra spending money for myself

that's if.. i cash out.  It's come to a time when i am facing with one of the biggest problems. Do i cash out or not? Originally i told myself i would wait 20 years.
Ive never had this much money in my life and it's been making me anxious and scared of losing it all. I'm thinking i will cash out all my crytpo coins and keep my bitcoins buried.

I am getting scared with all the bitcoin cash, and bitcoin bubble talk. There is a lot of fear going around and it's got into my head. I don't understand the technicals behind bitcoin or bitcoin cash. Either way whichever one wins. The winner bitcoin is still buried underneath my bird fountain.  I am planning on installing a security camera so i can keep an eye on my bitcoin bird fountain whenever i am not around, as i am often away from my home due to work conditions. The higher bitcoin becomes to more nervous i feel everyday about having that much money underground.

looking back... that day changed my life, not because of money, but because of knowledge

Donate:  bc1qaa5ye4cc3479qhk43zgut0wa5ykvwus40xg8pt
kalakabgr

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:21:37 AM

Congratulation man, i think you're the millionaire for now. Cheesy
nytewind

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:26:57 AM

this is just astounding
XaurumGamma

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:27:49 AM

hhhhahah nice story bro.
kameutunda

Activity: 165

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:27:59 AM

I am very concerned about you because of running out of money with Bitcoin I doain you fore the soonest success again with Bitcoin.
pameell4s

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:39:00 AM

Rather than in the store better invested all. We consider the benefits, if only stored it there are 2 possibilities, can be up or down value. that is not much. Imagine if the investment, can multiply profits.
kris6

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:56:37 AM

I am sorry for this incident, a lesson for others. but it would be nice to use the rules of bitcoin in order not to go bankrupt in doing an action.
always looking for experience from those who are already successful at bitcoin.
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:27:09 PM

Well, that was extremely risky, but at least it has paid off for you. Now those 5 bitcoins that are buried are worth a total of $75000. Hopefully the box doesn't rot or something.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: