Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:32:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GetGemz was it a 1.2 Million USD ICO scam? or is there some hope for gg owners?  (Read 4738 times)
lawsonvl

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:41:09 AM

I started receiving personal attacks from David, the guy that's seemingly in charge of GG now.

Yesterday, he hinted that he had accessed my wallet data, saying that I had lied to everyone about the status of my coins.

And today I received the “can I call you by your real name” thinly-veiled dox threat.

They closed the BTT thread in favor of their General Discussion chatroom. Then they closed that for an invite-only QA format room.

Contain, contain, contain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kame

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 06:06:59 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 01:20:01 PM by kame

GetGems is looks good when you see this video at ICO/IPO phase.

vimeo.com/113243665

What you see is too many gaps in between current out come and what they proposed at the videos and here.

It may not appropriate to say its SCAM but obviously, the out come is far beyond and we see unforeseen future only.

I believe if dev team want to do business with BANKS, lack of transparency is subject to terminating business with bank without a question.

So, I would like to encourage GG dev team become more open to us. They may receive strong challenges (not FUD) but should make up for.

I will be watching this thread cause no place to discuss about GG for a moment. Wink

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:10:34 AM

closing their thread was the worst thing they could do. It just indicates they have no intentions of furthering their project of rebranding telegram for over 1 million dollars. They syphoned the funds to their new project and need to be held accountable. They don't realise this will certainly come back to haunt them in the future.

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:21:50 PM

closing their thread was the worst thing they could do. It just indicates they have no intentions of furthering their project of rebranding telegram for over 1 million dollars. They syphoned the funds to their new project and need to be held accountable. They don't realise this will certainly come back to haunt them in the future.

That's definitely seems to be the case, I'm sad to hear about all the BTC/USD that went and still goes into projects like this. Many start with good intentions but it seems that only a handful end up not being a "scam" or a controlled failure which is the same fate for investors.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:38:39 AM

Since them closing their thread though hoping it would kill off all interest and they could sneak away. It has spawned many new threads popping up and the entire scam getting greater coverage.

lawsonvl

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:59:59 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 01:24:13 PM by lawsonvl

Finishing the milestones = mission complete.

They don't have to deliver anything more in the future.

They don't have to communicate with anyone.

They just need to put a lid on any bad press until they've secured funding for PayKey.

They've done that by herding the tiny group of remaining ICO holders into a low-key chatroom, where Daniel's "advisor" can discreetly manage their emotions.

The rest of us are branded as toxic FUD spreaders, who've just somehow predicted this mess many months earlier.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 02:21:16 PM

Finishing the milestones = mission complete.

They don't have to deliver anything more in the future.

They don't have to communicate with anyone.

They just need to put a lid on any bad press until they've secured funding for PayKey.

They've done that by herding the tiny group of remaining ICO holders into a low-key chatroom, where Daniel's "advisor" can discreetly manage their emotions.

The rest of us are branded as toxic FUD spreaders, who've just somehow predicted this mess many months earlier.

Facts uncovering deceit.

The bad press will follow them and PAYKEY around forever. People just need to be motivated to not let them get away with it.

kame

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:14:22 PM

I started receiving personal attacks from David, the guy that's seemingly in charge of GG now.

Yesterday, he hinted that he had accessed my wallet data, saying that I had lied to everyone about the status of my coins.

And today I received the “can I call you by your real name” thinly-veiled dox threat.

They closed the BTT thread in favor of their General Discussion chatroom. Then they closed that for an invite-only QA format room.

anyone invited? and conversation started?

lawsonvl

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 12:39:08 AM

anyone invited? and conversation started?

Last thing I saw posted in General Discussion was a copy/paste of the QA. So it's definitely happening.

In other news, June 3 arrived.

Looks like 2.1m gemz still on Polo. Not everyone got the message...

kame

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 03:40:31 PM

Is there any good news to gg and paykey that makes happy ICO Gems's holder? Cool

kame

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:07:18 AM

I've been bit away to watch to GetGems and would like to get some some updates.

Supporting multi-currency including fiat yet?

Any success of PayKey with THE BANKS?

Or David is just defending only without any updates AS USUAL???

Day by day, investors may forget about GetGems but I will not. As people said for may and long time, GetGems is far beyond what they promoted at ICO stage. But very much suspect of investors resource is routed to Paykey that the investors can not stand.

If it's untouched for long, that's an unforgivable degree that the investors should gather to officially claim to them.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 12:15:27 PM

All i remember hearing is shitloads of topics here on the mobile wallet.
Someone was hell bent on posting that it had the most users or something.

Whats to know ?
ICO = SCAM
..you just figure that out now people ?

Look !

You gave some guy a million dollars so he could spend it on what ever the fuck he wants.
And now you are complaining ? and still willing to forgive him ? hahahhahah  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

WELCOME TO CRYPTO IDIOTS

maybe try and learn a lesson  Roll Eyes
Not like this hasn't been done before.. BlockNET ring a bell ?

So what Daniel or ...now... David the "Community Take over" guy has your money ? ROFL

ahhhh GREED  Cheesy

You GO Investards get your ROI on !!!11111

GG IDIOTS ..you were PWNED

FUD first & ask questions later™
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 02:12:59 PM

Be nice to see paykey take off big time then it all gets pulled from under him since he funded it with gemz money.

Total scammer. Hopefully those that got burned large will take a gamble on getting it all back with interest if paykey takes off at all.

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 06:52:34 PM

Whats to know ?
ICO = SCAM

Look !

You gave some guy a million dollars so he could spend it on what ever the fuck he wants.
And now you are complaining ? and still willing to forgive him ? hahahhahah  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

WELCOME TO CRYPTO IDIOTS

So what Daniel or ...now... David the "Community Take over" guy has your money ? ROFL

ahhhh GREED  Cheesy

I'm pretty sure I was one of the biggest losers in getgems, I owned about 1% of the coins. It was my whole crypto investment. But before you go telling everyone they are an idiot remember it looked nothing like the usual scam. He wasn't anonymous, he registered as a limited company, he was one of first to use the company that was susposed do to do fair launches i.e. koinify. There was no reason to think it was a con....and it wasn't actually a con it was a guy promising something and not delivering anything like his promises. I think the idea is great, messaging and sending crypto. Thing is I think Daniel thought it was great too but as things developed he got the sniff of bigger bank money and took the core of Getgems i.e. Sending money with the blockchain and decided the getgems project was going no where. Do I know if he intentionally did this and had it in mind at the start, I'm not sure. He quite possibly did or it was something that came up in the journey. Either way he is an asshole who stole money from me and if there is ever any legal way to strangle this guy economically I will. I personally think paykey is bullshit anyway. The guy will get what's coming to him soon enough I'm sure.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:40:15 PM

Whats to know ?
ICO = SCAM

Look !

WELCOME TO CRYPTO IDIOTS

ahhhh GREED  Cheesy

I'm pretty sure I was one of the biggest losers in getgems, I owned about 1% of the coins. It was my whole crypto investment. But before you go telling everyone they are an idiot remember it looked nothing like the usual scam. He wasn't anonymous, he registered as a limited company, he was one of first to use the company that was susposed do to do fair launches i.e. koinify. There was no reason to think it was a con....and it wasn't actually a con it was a guy promising something and not delivering anything like his promises. I think the idea is great, messaging and sending crypto. Thing is I think Daniel thought it was great too but as things developed he got the sniff of bigger bank money and took the core of Getgems i.e. Sending money with the blockchain and decided the getgems project was going no where. Do I know if he intentionally did this and had it in mind at the start, I'm not sure. He quite possibly did or it was something that came up in the journey. Either way he is an asshole who stole money from me and if there is ever any legal way to strangle this guy economically I will. I personally think paykey is bullshit anyway. The guy will get what's coming to him soon enough I'm sure.

Well that's the issue here, startups don't always succeed, is actually the other way around, most are destined to fail. Most investors are aware of this but this is different, I didn't follow much of how it all unravel but from what I read there was no actual explanation or words from the "team". It seems like a controlled, quiet demolition and exit strategy. Especially the Paykey stuff.

If GetGems would release how they expend the whole ICO investment and call it a day, I don't think anybody could complain, it just didn't work. But that's far from the current situation.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:56:45 AM

It's not a start-up and these are not business's and you are not trading penny stocks.
So quit talking like you are.. THAT is why i call you idiots.
You all shoe horn some other concept into Crypto even if it is not applicable..
So you can MAKE MONEY OFF IT.
Like you just said..

Reality time Kidiots.
I have told you a million times a persons ID verified means absolutely fuck all.
Need proof ? See mark or Paul .. or BlockNET like i just said ..again and again.. and again.

I will tell each and every one of you dumb fucks here if i get a guarantee of 1 million in Bitcoin
i will gladly Fed-Ex my picture ID to your house give you all my finger prints and a photo of my asshole.
if that is all it takes to WIN THE LOTTERY ..then guess the fuck what morons ?
There is a billion people on earth lined up ready to take the cash !
From Altcorn suckers  Cheesy

ICO = SCAM

Fuckin' deal with it.

You can't raise the exception flag because it's an unfair method of distribution etc.
It's simply WRONG !
The fact that there is *possible* exceptions to the rule you all try and claim does not invalidate the assertion.
Sorry.. but it don't.

This is not the US stock exchange and you are not trading "Penny Stocks" in a regulated market.

And guy.. of course the project changed from it's start.. THEY ALL DO !
Look at how many coins are ICO'd or launched mined as a shell of a project then it's all modded later.
I warned you all for years about common sense..
In other words the cliche'd method of launching a dummy hollow project with lofty goals.
What happens is no one cares and they are historically ignored.
Dark Coin comes to mind.. no one gave two shits about it's launch until way later..
AFTER the early guys were mining the fuck out of it etc.
Guys have been doing that in Crypto for years.. it's an OLD technique !

Ethereum ring a bell ?
90% of the ETH blow hard's around here had no idea AND STILL don't know it came out in 2014.
They only know because i alone am the only guy who brings it up.
And what did we see on the SCAM topic i created on ETH in 2014 ?
..scroll up Wink
On page 1 comment #3 we seen user reports that someone rich with LOTS of money was buying massive huge amounts of coins.. in blocks of 100 BTC worth at a time on and on and on and on..
This obviously freaked people out and they avoided it for 2 years !
..no problem
All you have to do is sit on them and wait until a new crop of IDIOTS show up here dumber and more greedy than the last generation.. and they will gladly buy into them at ANY PRICE in the hopes of turning a small greedy corrupt profit.. while they play naive about it all.
With ETH ..you all made them rich !
Look at the market history on it at Coinmarketcap.. it only starts at AUG 2015 were it sat at 8 bucks a coin for a year with no trade activity.. anyone notice ?
NOPE ..i am the first person to ever say that .. ever.
Because you are fucking idiots.. and really to be blunt you don't care.
You are naive on purpose and only bitch & moan when you lose money on your "Investment"

I don't see any of you doing your homework before hand and saying yeah this is scammy and here is why and yeah i could make a killing but i will avid this.
Nope.. you are greedy little vultures.

cash out ..play dumb ..cry FUD for bucks $$$
When it's proven a scam then wander around looking for sympathy..
Well sorry you are not going to get any from me.

In a twisted way i applaud the scammers for pwn'ing your ass's
You deserve it because you guys never learn.

You are all STILL here and you are just gong to do it again  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 10:50:26 AM

You can't just say all ICO's are a scam....its a retarded view not worth responding to why its wrong.

Getgems because they were a registered company I still say there is potential for litigation. If any company promised a product and didnt deliver then I'm sure the law wouldn't be too friendly. Problem is Daniel was a law graduate and I think had the whole thing sewn up from the start with all the small print saying tokens gave you no rights etc.  What annoys me is they didnt deliver the main thing ie the attention economy, they just opened a friken messenger group. sigh

My point is they should never of released the funds to Getgems because they didnt achieve the milestone of making the AE platform. Only a friekn idiot would let them get away with saying a messnegr group is an AE platform. So by law i think they should give back that milestone equally to all those who invested. Anyone know a lawyer?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 12:12:21 PM

The only hope is if paykey takes off then there will be sharks circling around waiting to take a bite.

lawsonvl

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 02:22:47 PM

http://m.imgur.com/a/NJnmv

http://m.imgur.com/a/06oV6

PayKey's banking partners should learn where Daniel stole his money from.

They might think twice about doing business with him.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 03:38:26 PM

http://m.imgur.com/a/NJnmv

http://m.imgur.com/a/06oV6

PayKey's banking partners should learn where Daniel stole his money from.

They might think twice about doing business with him.

Await the success of paykey them put the thumbscrews on. Or contact him now and say a bunch of investors are thinking to have a talk to his banking partners.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: