Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:36:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BXC][Bitcedi :: upto 106% Fixed deposit Interest with Encrypted Messaging]  (Read 80397 times)
somacoin

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 11:40:29 AM

hi I just read the description and noticed Africa being mentioned:

But our main efforts, will be into building the user base community as much as we have the mining community here.
We intend to make Bitcedi an ecceptable form of payment for most activities in the the African region and the world at large, as well as the integration into various systems where hope to achieve a wide use of Bitcedi. Setting up vendor points for Bitcedi transactions in various towns and villages is one way we are looking at this which intends to also provide employment opportunity for some idle hands considering the high rate of unemployment in Africa. In a nutshell, trading will be available very soon for online community but heh! there's a bigger picture with Bitcedi.

Are you African, lulworm?  This is interesting. Have you thought about a Roadmap to achieve this?
lulworm (OP)

Activity: 349

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 12:06:59 PM

hi I just read the description and noticed Africa being mentioned:

But our main efforts, will be into building the user base community as much as we have the mining community here.
We intend to make Bitcedi an ecceptable form of payment for most activities in the the African region and the world at large, as well as the integration into various systems where hope to achieve a wide use of Bitcedi. Setting up vendor points for Bitcedi transactions in various towns and villages is one way we are looking at this which intends to also provide employment opportunity for some idle hands considering the high rate of unemployment in Africa. In a nutshell, trading will be available very soon for online community but heh! there's a bigger picture with Bitcedi.

Are you African, lulworm?  This is interesting. Have you thought about a Roadmap to achieve this?

I'm African, and seeking to bring innovation to the African society that will get people involved and also solve a lot of issues that will save african governments many $.

Right now, I'm putting the roadmap in a very concise form so everyone i can update the opening thread before putting up bounties for translations and all of that.
I want to take it 1 step after the other so there wouldn't be any pressure in implementation.

ROBERTO
Legendary

Activity: 1421
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 12:08:34 PM

It's profitable to rent a vps or a dedicated server to mine this coin?
What is the mine cost actually?
somacoin

Activity: 497

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 12:09:07 PM

I'm African, and seeking to bring innovation to the African society that will get people involved and also solve a lot of issues that will save african governments many $.

Right now, I'm putting the roadmap in a very concise form so everyone i can update the opening thread before putting up bounties for translations and all of that.
I want to take it 1 step after the other so there wouldn't be any pressure in implementation.

lulworm, thanks for the explanation! No pressure --- step by step.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 12:13:57 PM

Which exchanges can we pay to get this coin listed? I'll pitch in to help. And/or we can start a BURST crowdfund attempt for it.

We have two fast option Yobit if you pay a minimal amount it can get listed in two or three days and CCEX but users have to vote and voters need a bitcoin on their account to be able to vote once we have entered here we can then target other exchanges..

badam

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 12:17:48 PM

Which exchanges can we pay to get this coin listed? I'll pitch in to help. And/or we can start a BURST crowdfund attempt for it.

We have two fast option Yobit if you pay a minimal amount it can get listed in two or three days and CCEX but users have to vote and voters need a bitcoin on their account to be able to vote once we have entered here we can then target other exchanges..

I also think that yobit is the fastest and lately it is having higher volumes than c-cex
lulworm (OP)

Activity: 349

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 12:44:28 PM

I don't think yobit is a fun of Cryptonote coins Huh
I don't know for c-cex neither can i find a cryptonote coin on c-cex

These are some exchanges i know will consider a cryptonote coin
  • Bittrex Exchange
  • BTER
  • HitBTC Exchange
  • Poloniex Exchange
zsnorbi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 12:57:23 PM

• Bittrex Exchange
  • BTER
  • HitBTC Exchange
  • Poloniex Exchange

Forget bter.
Bittrex, poloniex, hitbtc is hard to get on at this early phase unless there is some top notch innovation in the code
Yobit is a good place to start if they are supporting cryptonote coins
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 01:28:52 PM

• Bittrex Exchange
  • BTER
  • HitBTC Exchange
  • Poloniex Exchange

Forget bter.
Bittrex, poloniex, hitbtc is hard to get on at this early phase unless there is some top notch innovation in the code
Yobit is a good place to start if they are supporting cryptonote coins

I remember Yobit is not accepting Cryptonote so the only way is to find exchange that accept crypto note one of this is hitbtc and changelly up to the dev and some big holders to submit to these two sites..

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:56:11 PM

• Bittrex Exchange
  • BTER
  • HitBTC Exchange
  • Poloniex Exchange

Cryptopia is now listing cryptonote coins.  They have listed Boolberry and Monero.  It is likely the best chance at getting listed if people are in a hurry for an exchange.
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:00:33 PM

i kinda hate the cryptonote algo coins they are botnet friendly ....
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:09:57 PM

How is that any different than other algo's getting raped by large mining farms?  I seriously doubt that anyone is going to setup a botnet to mine this coin.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 03:13:25 PM

Started mining it but lost steam after two days the difficulty is way to high now this is what i hate about mining they are hardware defendant and this is also the reason why I shift to POS coin ..

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:13:40 PM

How is that any different than other algo's getting raped by large mining farms?  I seriously doubt that anyone is going to setup a botnet to mine this coin.

let's say is more easy for anyone to have tons of hashpower, versus gpu where you actually need to invest big, this is a deterrent if you factor in that in some place electricity is high

gpu are the best HW for the best compromise between decentralization and centralization, asic and cpu come second, and asic is just bad...

Started mining it but lost steam after two days the difficulty is way to high now this is what i hate about mining they are hardware defendant and this is also the reason why I shift to POS coin ..

in pos is the same who control most coin get more minting from pos, but it's more hard to notice, yes you don't pay electricity for it, but the revenue is abysmally low, a joke...
prettybuds

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:16:00 PM

How is that any different than other algo's getting raped by large mining farms?  I seriously doubt that anyone is going to setup a botnet to mine this coin.

Hi. my first post in the thread. FYI In the BitCedi IRC there was or still is a Chinese guy who mines on 30x 12 core Intel Xeon workstations, lulworm can confirm. He held or still holds the majority of the supply so far I suppose.

Risky ---- cause BitCedi is not worth anything for now.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 03:21:03 PM

in pos is the same who control most coin get more minting from pos, but it's more hard to notice, yes you don't pay electricity for it, but the revenue is abysmally low, a joke...

I made a profit from trading yes pos revenue is very low but it all depends on how huge are the coins are in your wallet the more coins you have the bigger the profit will be compare to mining that will cost you hundreds of dollars of hardware and electricity ..

shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:29:14 PM

let's say is more easy for anyone to have tons of hashpower, versus gpu where you actually need to invest big, this is a deterrent if you factor in that in some place electricity is high

gpu are the best HW for the best compromise between decentralization and centralization, asic and cpu come second, and asic is just bad...

I get your point and agree with it to a point.  But it is easy for people to purchase large amounts of hash from services like nicehash and miningrigrentals.  What you typically see on other algo coins is a few people with large amounts of hash hammering the coin at launch and acquiring the majority of the coins.  I've done it myself and the return on the investment has sometimes been quite substantial percentage wise.

But getting back to botnets.  This coin isn't even listed on an exchange.  I would think that anyone setting up a botnet would be doing it for immediate profit and in that case they would likely target a coin with substantial value like Monero that they could easily exchange for btc.  I think it's doubtful that anyone running a botnet is going to target a cryptonote coin to just hold and wait hoping that it might not be one of the dozens of other cryptonote coins that end up going nowhere.
prettybuds

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:34:16 PM

I think it's doubtful that anyone running a botnet is going to target a cryptonote coin to just hold and wait hoping that it might not be one of the dozens of other cryptonote coins that end up going nowhere.

Like I said someone mined this, in his datacenter, with 90% of the network's hash power for at least a day.

I don't know if he's still mining --- I've stopped observing it for now.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:37:08 PM

renting don't work anymore, like it worked before, yes there is still some tiny profit to be made with the correct altcoin, but not always

for loco for example there was a massive renting, look now, they are selling below their renting price, coin is worthless

this coin is minable with gpu, so i don't think the current hash is governed by botnet

I think it's doubtful that anyone running a botnet is going to target a cryptonote coin to just hold and wait hoping that it might not be one of the dozens of other cryptonote coins that end up going nowhere.

Like I said someone mined this, in his datacenter, with 90% of the network's hash power for at least a day.

I don't know if he's still mining --- I've stopped observing it for now.

yes is the guy who made 5k early, but who care, i have 2k myself, andif he made another 5k meanwhile, it's still pretty balanced
prettybuds

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:39:30 PM

this coin is minable with gpu, so i don't think the current hash is governed by botnet

If you have the right CPUs, GPUs are a joke when it comes to CryptoNote.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: