Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:17:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BXC][Bitcedi :: upto 106% Fixed deposit Interest with Encrypted Messaging]  (Read 80391 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:20:22 AM

After checking https://github.com/lulworm/bitcedi/commits/master I would say no.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 09:01:57 AM

Good point. I should have looked there myself  Roll Eyes

I notice from luigi and fluffy's post that there was code run to check whether the exploit was used on the Monero blockchain, and this found it had not been exploited in Monero. Out of curiosity, do you know if this code has been used to check other blockchain's?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 09:26:10 AM

Good point. I should have looked there myself  Roll Eyes

I notice from luigi and fluffy's post that there was code run to check whether the exploit was used on the Monero blockchain, and this found it had not been exploited in Monero. Out of curiosity, do you know if this code has been used to check other blockchain's?

I doubt it (but I don't know with certainty). The chains that implemented a fix similar to Monero would check all previous blocks when resyncing. So any successful resync would mean that there were no actual exploits.
weedgalz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 01:43:56 AM

New Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1927636.0

DISCLOSURE OF A MAJOR BUG IN CRYPTONOTE BASED CURRENCIES

https://getmonero.org/2017/05/17/disclosure-of-a-major-bug-in-cryptonote-based-currencies.html

swap fast!!!
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1106

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 03:53:04 AM

There's no need to swap your coins related to this bug. This person is most likely a scammer.
weedgalz

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:12:10 AM

So are you saying that Bitcedi current blockchain is secure?
Or are you saying that the only exchange that lists BXC did not halt its trading?
Or Maybe your saying that you have scanned the current Bitcedi network and found it was not exploited and that you have applied the patch?
Or are you saying that you have updated the binarys?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:12:13 AM

What he is saying is that the most obvious and effective way to address the issue is to patch the code like every other (maintained) cryptonote has done. There is no need for a coin swap.
weedgalz

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:32:05 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 03:13:06 PM by weedgalz

What he is saying is that the most obvious and effective way to address the issue is to patch the code like every other (maintained) cryptonote has done. There is no need for a coin swap.

Name 2 or 3 cryptonotes who have done this and the currency trading has resumed outside of those listing within the Monero article?
XCI dev has abondoned his project
BIC dev has abandoned his project
Coal new dev team have done the same
BXC dev has no word, not even to warn Miner, Pool Ops and others

DO NOT be like the community of BikerCoin to find out the day after the swap ends the dev sends email to his community to say he can not fix and will not try.

current BXC is not Forknote compatible to resolve fix
https://github.com/lulworm/bitcedi/issues/1

New BXC chain is now Forknote compatible

SWAP NOW YOUR TIME IS VERY LIMITED
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:26:42 PM

Name 2 or 3 cryptonotes who have done this and the currency trading has resumed outside of those listing within the Monero article?

XDN, BCN, and DashCoin all updated their code after the Monero article.

It is a simple matter to merge a few lines of bug fix into the code. If the original dev returns he can fix his repo, otherwise the community can move on without him (if people care to bother).

No one should ever send their coins to some unknown stranger on this forum whether said unknown stranger claims to be doing a 'coin swap' or not.

If you want to do a legit swap, then find a very trusted member to collect the old coins, with the condition that they will be returned if the coin swap is not successful.
weedgalz

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:50:08 PM

It is a simple matter to merge a few lines of bug fix into the code. If the original dev returns he can fix his repo, otherwise the community can move on without him (if people care to bother).

No one should ever send their coins to some unknown stranger on this forum whether said unknown stranger claims to be doing a 'coin swap' or not.

If you want to do a legit swap, then find a very trusted member to collect the old coins, with the condition that they will be returned if the coin swap is not successful.
Do Not trivialize the matter as it is not so "simple". First dev must notify Pool Ops and miners, which has not been done. Next scan of network chain must take place to ensure no exploit have happen, then patch can be applied, now source must be issued so that all pool ops, miners and other are in concensus.

None of this has taken place by the BXC dev or community.

Thus I myself acting as only person within the BXC community has taken suitable action to correct the Major Bug  issue.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1106

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:53:20 PM

PMed lulworm. Says he was last active today. Tbh I don't really care what happens with this coin, but a coin swap is completely unnecessary, irrespective of what else is or is not being done.
weedgalz

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:56:32 PM

PMed lulworm. Says he was last active today. Tbh I don't really care what happens with this coin, but a coin swap is completely unnecessary, irrespective of what else is or is not being done.
Dev active without action or commit. Has happened to XCI, BIC and BXC cryptonote devs. Hhhmmmmmm

To swap or not is your decision. I have performed many swaps for several coins and not one complaint can be found.
intec

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:45:50 PM

Agreed, User "weedgalz" seems to be doing this to all cryptonotes, not sure about his intentions, but since Nicnac and Murzibia appeared this team of users are quite suspicious.
weedgalz

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:04:05 PM

Agreed, User "weedgalz" seems to be doing this to all cryptonotes, not sure about his intentions, but since Nicnac and Murzibia appeared this team of users are quite suspicious.
Sure intec (return to your DARKMONERO failure https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1750629.msg17529084#msg17529084), you can blame me for global warming and those other for the Major Bug. And in other news SWAP NOW and DO NOT DELAY
intec

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:10:45 PM

Sure intec, you can blame me for global warming and those other for the Major Bug. And in other news SWAP NOW and DO NOT DELAY

You can just fix it on current chain. Why a swap? Also as far as i know forknote doesn't have XDN support.
weedgalz

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:13:43 PM

Sure intec, you can blame me for global warming and those other for the Major Bug. And in other news SWAP NOW and DO NOT DELAY

You can just fix it on current chain. Why a swap? Also as far as i know forknote doesn't have XDN support.
Of course not. The purpose of the new BXC os to show support for Forknote technology not XDN.

just finished last batch of swaps new batch will be processed in 12 hours. if you have any questions PMs. Have ready wallet and transaction ID
intec

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:16:00 PM

Of course not. The purpose of the new BXC os to show support for Forknote technology not XDN.

If your intent is to create new coins just do it, but not like this...
weedgalz

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:18:43 PM

Dude please stop when all you do is try and work deals outside of exchange , WTS< WTB just look at his post history. It doesnt mean you will scam someone, you know this for yourself unless you have been scamming people.
intec

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:25:09 PM

Dude please stop when all you do is try and work deals outside of exchange , WTS< WTB just look at his post history. It doesnt mean you will scam someone, you know this for yourself unless you have been scamming people.

You don't know me neither my bct history, anyways no one said you were a scammer. ( in fact a swap would probably destroy coins ) if there is even a swap
lulworm (OP)

Activity: 349
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 10:39:54 AM

I'm working on the patch and will release update this this week.
No need for a swap as weedgalz is possibly a scam and more over he opened a moderated thread trying to scam people with it.

Please Ignore him and avoid being scammed!

Thank you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: