Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:33:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EmilioMann, John Connor, & VanillaCoin/VCash are lying about Monero exploits  (Read 5832 times)
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 08:43:36 PM

That's a lie smooth.  No one has done a code audit of Vcash other than Poloniex and they were impressed.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 08:53:21 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2016, 09:08:57 PM by smooth

That's a lie smooth.  No one has done a code audit of Vcash other than Poloniex and they were impressed.

It is not a lie, I never said code audit, I said independent people have looked at the code and all concluded it is an obfuscated copy. For example:

"The above code from vanillacoin is based on bitcoin, albeit renamed, refactored, reformatted and re-commented at almost every possible occasion ... The algorithm is the same line by line and even the esoteric identifier name "IsTerrible"/"is_terrible" is used in both." -- Rick Storm
"There are many places where Vanillacoin copied Bitcoin code. I have pointed out a good example previously, it won't be hard to find dozens more." -- Rick Storm

"That code is essentially identical, but reformatted, and far beyond an occasional duplicated line or two. Even the variable names are the same, same sentinel values used, etc. It is clearly a copy." -- rnicoll
"Oh, he'll want to fix some of the inherited bugs" -- rnicoll

"That's a lot more than just a structural similarity. ... It’s hard for me to see this as anything other than incontrovertible evidence of the author having a naively self-centred perspective on intellectual property rights, broadly translatable as "what’s yours is mine and what’s mine’s my own''." -- gjhiggins

"the code being a copy of Bitcoin Core run through an auto-formatter with all the attribution removed" -- gmaxwell
"he copied the code he was complaining about into his own codebase ... and then lied about the functionality being in his forware all along" -- gmaxwell

BTW, you can't know "no one has done a code audit except ...", since the code is public. Someone else may have audited it and not told you about it.
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 09:02:15 PM

They were talking about a small snippet of code and you don't know if john-connor was the original author of it or not.  Also, don't feel like looking it up, but I believe I proved gjhiggins wrong.

I'm not a copyright lawyer and neither are you.  Why are you acting like you are one and why are you pretending like the coin only has obfuscated code when you could only find one snippet?

ray88

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 09:06:47 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2016, 09:21:59 PM by ray88

That's a lie smooth.  No one has done a code audit of Vcash other than Poloniex and they were impressed.
"The above code from vanillacoin is based on bitcoin, albeit renamed, refactored, reformatted and re-commented at almost every possible occasion ... The algorithm is the same line by line and even the esoteric identifier name "IsTerrible"/"is_terrible" is used in both." -- Rick Storm
Code:
                 * If true the the address is terrible.
197                 */
198                bool is_terrible(
199                    std::uint64_t now = time::instance().get_adjusted()

Code:
    //! Determine whether the statistics about this entry are bad enough so that it can just be deleted
101    bool IsTerrible(int64_t nNow = GetAdjustedTime()) const;

That's a lie smooth.  No one has done a code audit of Vcash other than Poloniex and they were impressed.
"That code is essentially identical, but reformatted, and far beyond an occasional duplicated line or two. Even the variable names are the same, same sentinel values used, etc. It is clearly a copy." -- rnicoll
Wtf there is a copy rights for the alphabet letters ?

"That's a lot more than just a structural similarity. ... It’s hard for me to see this as anything other than incontrovertible evidence of the author having a naively self-centred perspective on intellectual property rights, broadly translatable as "what’s yours is mine and what’s mine’s my own''." -- gjhiggins
This is like it was said before Elon Musk does not have to ask Henry ford to add tires to is car.

Anyway satoshi is not here anymore so what ever was taken from only him can defend is code and nothing was stolen from any actual dev's, other wise we would've heard about it.
bigfryguy

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 07:42:08 AM

It is not a lie, I never said code audit, I said independent people have looked at the code and all concluded it is an obfuscated copy. For example:

"There are many places where Vanillacoin copied Bitcoin code. I have pointed out a good example previously, it won't be hard to find dozens more." -- Rick Storm

"Oh, he'll want to fix some of the inherited bugs" -- rnicoll

"the code being a copy of Bitcoin Core run through an auto-formatter with all the attribution removed" -- gmaxwell
"he copied the code he was complaining about into his own codebase ... and then lied about the functionality being in his forware all along" -- gmaxwell

BTW, you can't know "no one has done a code audit except ...", since the code is public. Someone else may have audited it and not told you about it.

I know enough about code to know that all those comments above a vastly exaggerated...  obviously you havent looked into it yourself or you would man up show the copied texts and stop hiding behind the slander of others.
dont quote it, go on the records and slander John with your own evidence.

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 12:00:22 AM

Looks like smooth is to afraid of comitting ghe crime of slander to respond.

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 12:30:01 AM

Looks like smooth is to afraid of comitting ghe crime of slander to respond.

Actually I'm just bored of you guys posting the same crap about Henry Ford, everyone who looked at the code and concluded it is copied is lying, john-connor is a misunderstood genius, etc. Get some new material.

(Not to mention the obvious swarming and forum sliding from the same dozen or so VNL/XVC accounts that reply one after the other on every single one of these threads.)

The point has been made here, the evidence has been presented, and the shills have responded only with the same repeated and canned responses.

CryR

Activity: 210

kcin obazs

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:41:24 PM

Vcash will be the best, just a matter of time. The others will be seen by rear view Kiss
I am the guy

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:05:38 AM

Moronero spammers desperately trying to stay relevant. LOLL

While smooth & his 4-xmr-a-day altcoin police spams bitcointalk 24/7/365 trolling Vcash and other competitive projects. John and his team are developing a revolutionary cryptocurrency. Unlike trolls who spend all their time on bitcointalk talking a big game. Vcash devs are actually developing dropping updates and delivering.  Cool      

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 06:15:04 PM

Has anybody else had posts deleted from this thread by a mod today [~12:30 PM CST]? Mine were over two weeks of age, non-combative, semi-mundane, and ever so lightly off-topic. Not bitching, just curious.

Again, I don't have a horse in this race, but upon reading this thread I kinda admire the actors on both sides.

Apologies for the bump given that tempers are high in both camps, taken aback of the infighting in re. the subject matter.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 12:40:27 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2016, 01:58:57 PM by iCEBREAKER

commercial time:

Your attempt at forum sliding is both pathetic and damaging to your (non) argument.

Well, all fud from monero community last year, was to destroy Vcash, claiming that the dev stole the bitcoin's code, so he didn't know to code and never would deliver what was promised.

You and your gang called him scammer and Vcash a scam.

Well a year has passed, John Connor proved not only know how to code but also is one of the best dev in the crypto universe today.
He discovered faults and presented the solution on bitcoin's code, solved a failure on peercoin that affected all currencies with POS mining and found exploits in various currencies including the monero, so ...

He delivered everything promised in his roadmaps, on time and also implemented several other features that were not in the plans.
A year has passed and Vcash became the best crypto on market, with all the features listed in my other post running smoothly and without bugs.

And your monero? What has changed this year? Remains the same crapcoin ever and now with 12 zeroday exploits.

What matters to the market if JC would used a few bitcoin lines in your code (he didn't) but created a technically perfect currency that is close to being discovered and goes to the moon?

The only pathetic here are you, a crap coder that needs to stay all day in bctalk spreading fud against rival currencies, the thief Eduardo icebreaker and littleponey

Thank you for acknowledging the critical role fluffy, smooth, and I played in identifying John Conner as a scammer and Vcash as a scam.

Too bad your pathetic forum sliding couldn't change the ultimate outcome of Monero's victory and Vcash's ignoble fall into utter ruin.

How's it feel to be a chump, chump?

Now it's time to man up, eat crow, and apologize to fluffy, smooth, and me.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 02:01:35 PM

I can taste their tears lol. So much butthurt here.

Yes, the tears and butthurt of all the Vtrash True Believers is epic.

So salty and yummy.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 02:03:53 PM

I smell fear..  

Sorry guys but john connor has proved himself as one of the most competent coders and developers in this space.

I smell schadenfreude.

John Conman proved himself as one of the most competent conmen in this space.

He fooled you.  You carried his water.

But he didn't fool fluffy, smooth, and I.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 02:07:35 PM

Finally, yes, I am qualified to review John's code, and you ask why I don't? Honestly, because I couldn't give a fuck less. Even if all this was irrefutably true, and I went around saying it, not a damned thing would change. So, no matter the results of any review I do, nothing changes. Why waste the time?

You're posting here. By your logic you should simply ignore the thread and not waste time posting.

If your goal here is to get me to shut up about their scamming, that's not going to happen, so you are doing the same thing you are accusing me of doing

Huh

And I don't even agree with you that not a damn thing will change if you review and give your conclusion. The more qualified people review the code the more their protestations become absurd and ineffective. If they didn't feel it was effective in keeping doubt open about the accusation, they wouldn't do it.

Maybe your particular review wouldn't make a difference but it is one more that adds to the weight of it, and where is the line?  What happens after 10 reviews, 20 reviews, etc.? Are they really going to continue to try to sell people on the same bullshit denials? I don't thinks so.

Nope, you fail to realize I might care about something else other than that - which is trying to get you to stop making it look like the XMR community is a bunch of vindictive asshats. Whether or not it's true is irrelevant - that's what it looks like, and that's why I'm posting. But - unlike you, it seems - I know when to give up. Since anything I say will be ineffective, carry on. Peace.

The XMR community is a bunch of upstanding individuals who cry fraud when they see fraud.

Unlike a certain miner dev who carried water for the John Conner/Vcash fraud.

You want to see "vindictive?"  Wait until you get your karmic reward for helping the Vcash con artist, defending him from accurate accusations, and attacking those who tried to warn others not to get involved.

The giant red warning signs were obvious all along.  You've really made a fool of yourself here Wolf0.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████