Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:48:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: EmilioMann, John Connor, & VanillaCoin/VCash are lying about Monero exploits  (Read 5832 times)
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 08:59:44 PM

My post was deleted from this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1473091.0 and is included below for reference.

Just an addendum:
Exploit 13 (v2 block) was found and reported by John Connor to monero devs months ago.
Even after the devs and trolls from monero community try to destroy Vcash with fud and lies, John Connor informed the exploit because he thought that would be able to make the worms stop with their slanders.
Well, he saved monero once the problem was solved, but after this the trolls and fudders unscrupulous and without ethics back to attack him again
Now, after a new thread was created by smooth to slander JC and Vcash, he found other 12 zeroday exploits.
Do you really think he will help monero community again?

Uh...no...that is a blatant lie.

John Connor has never reported a single exploit to myself, or to any of the other Monero Core team members. Not one. Not two. Not five. Not ten. Definitely not thirteen.

Do you want to try again?

It is disgusting and appalling that people resort to outright lies, and then double down on those lies by deleting objections. Shame on you, EmilioMann, and shame on those you surround yourself with. VCash has become an embarrassment to the cryptocurrency community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 10:08:06 PM

I also had similar on-topic posts (often disputing or refuting their false statements) deleted on the self-moderated threads (if I have time I will dig out the deletion messages from my PMs and post here). Be careful reading or posting on any self-moderated threads run by Vcash/Vanillacoin scammers, as they selectively delete posts to leave a very misleading impression of the discussion.

Remember this is the coin being run by someone who ripped off Bitcoin's code, violated the MIT license (hard to do) and fraudulently sells it as written from scratch. Nothing they do or say can be taken at face value, it is a scam from the core.

Refs:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=920344.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151160.msg12128046#msg12128046
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 11:45:52 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2016, 11:59:09 PM by Gleb Gamow

EmilioMann is a key supporter of Decred, and one of the few Facebook pages I follow since it's Decred related. At first, I was ever so slightly critical of Decred which has been curbed, I personally do not hold any DCR. Hope this info adds to the convo and how EM is good or bad for the community. I have no other opinions at this penning.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 11:50:16 PM

Personally I haven't seen anything wrong with Decred (though I haven't really looked). I wouldn't want to apply guilt by association without more evidence. The case against Vanillacoin/Vcash and many of its supporters when acting in that capacity is quite clear though.

CryR

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

kcin obazs

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 02:51:43 PM

Wow so sad warfare between cryptos.  Shocked
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:20:35 PM

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 09:20:51 PM

EmilioMann is a key supporter of Decred, and one of the few Facebook pages I follow since it's Decred related. At first, I was ever so slightly critical of Decred which has been curbed, I personally do not hold any DCR. Hope this info adds to the convo and how EM is good or bad for the community. I have no other opinions at this penning.

Decred is a legit project, with no control over what AssClown Emilio does.  It featured the best, most fair launch since Monero's.

VTrash, on the other hand, somehow managed to violate the notoriously permissive MIT license when John Conman stole and obfuscated Bitcoin code.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:52:55 PM

Decred is a legit project, with no control over what AssClown Emilio does.  It featured the best, most fair launch since Monero's.

VTrash, on the other hand, somehow managed to violate the notoriously permissive MIT license when John Conman stole and obfuscated Bitcoin code.

Hence I being mindful of what I pen on the subject. EM is one of ONLY three people I've liked on FB, not having a clue at this penning as to how to unlike someone, with being pretty sure it's a straightforward process.
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 04:00:45 AM

My post was deleted from this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1473091.0 and is included below for reference.

Just an addendum:
Exploit 13 (v2 block) was found and reported by John Connor to monero devs months ago.
Even after the devs and trolls from monero community try to destroy Vcash with fud and lies, John Connor informed the exploit because he thought that would be able to make the worms stop with their slanders.
Well, he saved monero once the problem was solved, but after this the trolls and fudders unscrupulous and without ethics back to attack him again
Now, after a new thread was created by smooth to slander JC and Vcash, he found other 12 zeroday exploits.
Do you really think he will help monero community again?

Uh...no...that is a blatant lie.

John Connor has never reported a single exploit to myself, or to any of the other Monero Core team members. Not one. Not two. Not five. Not ten. Definitely not thirteen.

Do you want to try again?

It is disgusting and appalling that people resort to outright lies, and then double down on those lies by deleting objections. Shame on you, EmilioMann, and shame on those you surround yourself with. VCash has become an embarrassment to the cryptocurrency community.

John Connor reported on twitter

EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 04:08:33 AM

But now, as the monero community and its devs never stopped with fud against Vcash, he agrees to sell the 12 exploits found in xmr.
The money can be released by an escrow after receiving the monero's 12 zeroday exploits.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:11:35 AM

John Connor reported on twitter

That report was after the attack was already made public. It is meaningless. Anyone can pile on and claim some knowledge or involvement after the fact, which is exactly with he did.

I challenged him to back up his claim of twitter timestamps proving his story by linking to a tweet with a timestamp before it was already made public and after ample opportunity he has not done so. He is therefore lying and so are you.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 12:26:06 AM

I would not be here if they didn't a fud and troll campaign against Vtrash and a lot of other coins that can be a threat to monero

Stealing and obfuscating Bitcoin code was John Conman's decision.  No Vast Monero Conspiracy forced him to do that.

And it wasn't Monero Mustangs who busted him for license breaking.  It was a BTC core dev, Greg Maxwell and some other dude.

No other coin is a "threat" to Monero.  ZeroCash might be in a few years, but shitcoins like Dash and Vtrash certainly are not.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:01:13 AM

blah blah blah

It was a BTC core dev, Greg Maxwell...
blah blah blah

About Greg the sociopath Maxwell:

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 01:06:02 AM

*Distraction Intensifies*

Stealing and obfuscating Bitcoin code was John Conman's decision.  No Vast Monero Conspiracy forced him to do that.

Agree or disagree?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:09:30 AM

*Distraction Intensifies*

blah blah blah

And who are you to call someone a thief or say that someone stole something?
Everyone knows that you are a real thief, Eduardo, the owner of that mexican cloudmining ponzi company called hashocean or something.
You stole all your retarded clients who trusted you.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 01:51:11 AM

Agree or disagree?

And who are you to call someone a thief or say that someone stole something?
Everyone knows that you are a real thief, Eduardo, the owner of that mexican cloudmining ponzi company called hashocean or something.
You stole all your retarded clients who trusted you.

Nice job using an appeal to hypocrisy to distract from Vtrash's issues with code theft.

I didn't discover the obfuscated stolen code in Vtrash.  That was Greg Maxwell and some other dude.

Hashocean's bankruptcy wasn't my fault.  The Vast Monero Conspiracy caused it.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 05:39:27 AM

Icebreaker and Smooth, you guys really need to get over this John stole bitcoin code nonsense. I suppose you think Elon Musk stole Henry Fords formula when he decided to put tires on his Tesla car. John has already stated that there are some lines of code similiar to peercoin for compatibility and not re-inventing the wheel. Vcash is written from scratch and has almost no resemblance to bitcoin and a little resemblance to peercoin's most basic features. John also said he would credit Sonny King if Sonny wants him to. Hell he probably would even credit Satoshi Nakamoto for shits and giggles IF Satoshi asked him to. But so far he says Nick Szabo nor Sonny King has asked Smiley

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 06:51:14 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2016, 07:35:25 AM by smooth

Icebreaker and Smooth, you guys really need to get over this John stole bitcoin code nonsense

It's not nonsense. Get your head out of your bag and pay attention.

To my well-trained eye it is quite clear that the code was copied, refactored, and obfuscated, and not written from scratch. When you write code from scratch, even to perform the same or similar functions, you do not carry over low-level bugs as was the case here, nor do you carry over specific low-level structural similarities that are not required by the implemented functionality. In your example it would be as if Tesla suffered from a design flaw related to the voltage of the ignition system in the Model T engine (as could happen if someone actually copied the design). That's not the case, but with Bitcoin->Vcash it is exactly the case.

And if you think it isn't, take it up with the other people (some directly involved with no coin at all afaik) who identified the copied code. I just quoted them, but it is obvious to me they are correct, as it would be obvious to any qualified expert.

John also said he would credit Sonny King if Sonny wants him to. Hell he probably would even credit Satoshi Nakamoto for shits and giggles IF Satoshi asked him to. But so far he says Nick Szabo nor Sonny King has asked

Some of the identified copied code does not originate with any of those authors.

The main issue is not who wrote the code, it is Vcash's false and misleading claim of being written from scratch, and aside from clear legal and reputational risks that result from these actions, there is proven scamming since there are actual victims who have stated that they were misled by it in buying into the coin.
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 09:58:06 AM

again: "Written from scratch" doesn't mean inventing the wheel and everybody knows it.
The scammers and fudders here are you, icebreaker and others from monero's community.

It is obvious that a crypto currency that is said based on bitcoin and peercoin protocol, will have some similar lines.
In a code with thousands of lines was found just few "similar" lines. This isn't steal, as you accuse and anyone with a minimum of discernment knows that.

What monero is?
A coin released two days after bytecoin and that copied and pasted the code of this other currency?

Who are you to accuse someone of theft, fud or anything else?

If you had a minimum of intelligence would be concerned about MONERO'S BLOCKCHAIN BLOAT and also trying to get money to buy the 12 ZERODAY EXPLOITS of your currency.

Worry about your walking dead coin and with your money instead of worrying about the currency of others.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:07:25 AM

again: "Written from scratch" doesn't mean inventing the wheel and everybody knows it.

No, but it means when you write something from scratch you don't end up with the same low level bugs and code organization line-by-line. You only end up with that when you copy the code.

The algorithm is the same line by line and even the esoteric identifier name "IsTerrible"/"is_terrible" is used in both.

Get it?

It is obvious that a crypto currency that is said based on bitcoin and peercoin protocol, will have some similar lines.
In a code with thousands of lines was found just few "similar" lines.

Wrong.

There are many places where Vanillacoin copied Bitcoin code. I have pointed out a good example previously, it won't be hard to find dozens more.

There's nothing wrong with copying and modifying the Bitcoin code, the MIT license allows you to do with it what you like, it just ask you not to be a scumbag and remove attribution and pretend you wrote the code in the first instance.
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:52:09 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2016, 05:26:58 PM by EmilioMann

Ok, ok, ok Vcash is a btc clone.

All of these features were copied from btc:

- Zerotime: secure instant transactions (0.23s) without possibility of double spend, without use of masternodes and respendable in 1 second

- Chainblender: decentralized, fungible and very fast anon system without blockchain bloat.

- Adaptive block size: "Don't discuss block size. Let the code handle it."

- Can perform thousands of transactions per second more than all transactions with VISA around the world.

- Poloniex audited the code and Vcash is the only altcoin accept with just 1 confirmation.

And much more soon as Zeroledger that will make most crypto-currencies seem like a bloated mess. It compiles and works on all modern OS and game consoles and even on the iWatch OS 2 it uses about 38 MB of RAM. Wink

Zeroledger iOS demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=ggJ_aeP2fpA

Zeroledger ChainSync and Transaction Confirmations (a year of blockchain sync in just 30 seconds):  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS51MXxQMZQ

All Vcash community appreciate the opportunity to disclose here this amazing cryptocoin that is being developed to be used as a perfect means of payment for the twenty one century.

Vcash official forum (without fudders and trolls): https://v.cash/forum/

ray88

Activity: 212

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 05:40:27 PM

Icebreaker and Smooth, you guys really need to get over this John stole bitcoin code nonsense
Nonsense bla bla

If the code was stolen as you say why hes not getting sued ? Same reason Monero is not getting sued by bitecoin creators.
A lawsuit would require bitcoin and peercoin creators to be identified and interrogated. I really doubt this would ever happens. Talk to your lawer and unless you have proper lawsuit paper stfu.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 06:06:47 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2016, 06:24:33 PM by bitcoin carpenter

I smell fear..  

Sorry guys but john connor has proved himself as one of the most competent coders and developers in this space.

You guys have to bring back a 1 year old argument to even begin to refute this.

The fact that john was the first person to describe your exploit correctly proves that he had exyensive knowledge of the zeroday exploit.
That coupled with him outing himself as the person that took advantage of it puts all of your objections in question.

The ball is in your court,  he offerred to sell 12 other exploits to you.

BTW, I have gone through the code line by line and compared it to bitcoins github.
Your right there are a few lines that have similarities that show he was referencing bitcoin/peercoin while writing VNL.

But your entirely wrong if you think he didnt write it from scratch.

Similarities between the code (especially the blaringly obvious ones quoted above) are there because because he  was making VNL cross platform compatible.
Whether he needs to reference BTC's MIT license is a matter for lawyers to decide.   John opennly admits he referenced Peercoin while writing VNL.

Id advice all you whitewashing the zeroday bugs to read through johns github to truely anderstand what a capable coder he is.

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 06:29:55 PM

UDP random ports for outgoing connections was stolen too? This guys...
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 06:33:45 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2016, 07:04:02 PM by smooth

No one claimed it was a clone. The statement was that significant portions of its code (dozens at least) are copied from Bitcoin, refactored, and obfuscated, with attributions removed, to launch the coin on the basis of false claims of it having been written from scratch (both with the intent and actual effect of misleading investors). And also that EmilioMann, John Connor, & VanillaCoin/VCash are lying about Monero exploits.

Please to not respond to those specific scamming accusations by attempting to make a straw man argument about whether Vcash is or is not a "clone". We're not going to fall for that.

I smell fear.. 

I smell bullshit. Actually I see it right on your post. The subject of this thread is the scamming actions by EmilioMann, John Connor, & VanillaCoin/VCash in lying about Monero exploits, and by extension other scamming actions by the same group such as ripping off Bitcoin's code and lying about it.

Fear, whether or not actually present, is irrelevant.

Try to stay on topic. If you can refute the allegations of false claims about Monero or refute the specific analysis and conclusions of copied code by gmaxwell,  Luke-Jr, Rick Storm, and others (see links above) by providing similar credible third party analysis of the code base that reaches a different conclusion then please do so.

If the code was stolen as you say why hes not getting sued ?

You would have to ask the original authors of the portions of code that have been copied. No one has an obligation to take legal action including but not limited to lawsuits, though not doing so now doesn't mean it won't happen in the future, nor does it in any way prove that the code was not copied. Your logic is faulty.

Same reason Monero is not getting sued by bitecoin creators.

No that is not the (only) reason. A clear reason in the case of Monero is that no code that was copied from Bitcoin has been identified in Monero (much less dozens such instances), so the situation is not the same at all.

A lawsuit would require bitcoin and peercoin creators to be identified and interrogated.

No it wouldn't. Luke-jr has already explained how this actually works, and it isn't doesn't support your argument at all.

Each individual contributor holds copyright to his contribution.
That means any of us can DMCA or sue for copyright infringement, and that someone who has infringed on the license needs to get permission from each and every one of us, before they can distribute/copy Bitcoin Core ever again (even unmodified).
(and yes, you're right that they will have a difficult time getting permission from Satoshi...)
ray88

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 06:48:51 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2016, 07:33:29 PM by ray88

(and yes, you're right that they will have a difficult time getting permission from Satoshi...)

Cant believe some one has this much time to waist over something he cant do shit about it. Since 2014 XMR is all about fud fud and fud i recall lots of talk and not much done other than troll accounts all over the place since 2014... Get shit done, stop crying get back to AEON

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 07:58:55 PM

No one claimed it was a clone. The statement was that significant portions of its code (dozens at least) are copied from Bitcoin, refactored, and obfuscated, with attributions removed, to launch the coin on the basis of false claims of it having been written from scratch (both with the intent and actual effect of misleading investors). And also that EmilioMann, John Connor, & VanillaCoin/VCash are lying about Monero exploits.

Please to not respond to those specific scamming accusations by attempting to make a straw man argument about whether Vcash is or is not a "clone". We're not going to fall for that.

I smell fear.. 

I smell bullshit. Actually I see it right on your post. The subject of this thread is the scamming actions by EmilioMann, John Connor, & VanillaCoin/VCash in lying about Monero exploits, and by extension other scamming actions by the same group such as ripping off Bitcoin's code and lying about it.

Fear, whether or not actually present, is irrelevant.

Try to stay on topic. If you can refute the allegations of false claims about Monero or refute the specific analysis and conclusions of copied code by gmaxwell,  Luke-Jr, Rick Storm, and others (see links above) by providing similar credible third party analysis of the code base that reaches a different conclusion then please do so.

If the code was stolen as you say why hes not getting sued ?

You would have to ask the original authors of the portions of code that have been copied. No one has an obligation to take legal action including but not limited to lawsuits, though not doing so now doesn't mean it won't happen in the future, nor does it in any way prove that the code was not copied. Your logic is faulty.

Same reason Monero is not getting sued by bitecoin creators.

No that is not the (only) reason. A clear reason in the case of Monero is that no code that was copied from Bitcoin has been identified in Monero (much less dozens such instances), so the situation is not the same at all.

A lawsuit would require bitcoin and peercoin creators to be identified and interrogated.

No it wouldn't. Luke-jr has already explained how this actually works, and it isn't doesn't support your argument at all.

Each individual contributor holds copyright to his contribution.
That means any of us can DMCA or sue for copyright infringement, and that someone who has infringed on the license needs to get permission from each and every one of us, before they can distribute/copy Bitcoin Core ever again (even unmodified).

Every month this goes by with no action (especoally after gmaxwell post a year ago makes this argument more likely to be pure bullshit

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
I am the guy

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 07:59:27 PM

Another Vcash hate thread huh?  Roll Eyes how surprising  Grin While monero trolls trash talk posting 24/7/365 on BCT for (4 xmr a day + overtime)  Cheesy

John Conner and his team are developing and coding. While Vcash team is releasing groundbreaking technologies and dropping updates. Monero's devs, paid trolls and sockpuppets make new threads circle jerking each other hating not only Vcash but others as well.

Why not work on your own coin instead of attacking other coins monero spammers? Perhaps they are incompetent to develop monero's amateur code base. You guys are really coming off as desperate.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 08:03:15 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2016, 08:17:48 PM by smooth

Another Vcash hate thread huh?

No, this is a scam accusation thread. Getting all of the usual Vcash accounts to come and post on the thread does not change the scam accusations against EmilioMann, John Connor, & VanillaCoin/VCash.

"Woe is me" for being hated on so much does not substantively refute the allegations.

Let's summarize:

One the one side there is fluffypony, me, gmaxwell, rnicoll, gjhiggins, Rick Storm, Luke-jr and others making specific, well-documented accusations. What do these people have in common? Basically nothing. Some are Bitcoin core devs, some are Monero core team members, some are not affiliated with any coin at all as far as I can tell. I don't know most of them and they probably don't all know each other either (with some obvious exceptions of course). Some of them have no obvious interest in Vcash other than having reviewed the code themselves when they saw the issue discussed and reaching the same conclusions (this was originally the case for me, BTW). Trying to make this about Monero or "Vcash hate" does not support your case. At all.

On the other side there are a bunch of technically ignorant long-time coin pumpers for Vanlliacoin/Vcash not responding substantively at all, discussing other coins, attacking motives, claiming that clearly copying actual code and lying about it is the same as Tesla copying a Model T because it has four wheels, etc.

The conclusion is pretty clear.

You're not fooling anyone.
ray88

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 08:14:49 PM

Another Vcash hate thread huh?  Roll Eyes how surprising  Grin While monero trolls trash talk posting 24/7/365 on BCT for (4 xmr a day + overtime)  Cheesy

John Conner and his team are developing and coding. While Vcash team is releasing groundbreaking technologies and dropping updates. Monero's devs, paid trolls and sockpuppets make new threads circle jerking each other hating not only Vcash but others as well.

Why not work on your own coin instead of attacking other coins monero spammers? Perhaps they are incompetent to develop monero's amateur code base. You guys are really coming off as desperate.

+1

No, this is a scam accusation thread. Getting all of the usual Vcash accounts to come and post on the thread does not change the scam accusations against EmilioMann, John Connor, & VanillaCoin/VCash.

"Woe is me" for being hated on so much does not substantively refute the allegations.

Let's summarize:

One the one side you have fluffypony, me, gmaxwell, Rick Storm, Luke-jr and others making specific, well-documented accusations.

On the other side technically ignorant coin pumpers not responding substantively at all, discussing other coins, attacking motives, etc.

No worries you are not fooling anyone here either, your tactics are well know since 2014  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755840.0
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 08:22:08 PM

No worries you are not fooling anyone here either, your tactics are well know since 2014  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755840.0

Well done.

On the other side technically ignorant coin pumpers not responding substantively at all, discussing other coins, attacking motives, etc.

I am the guy

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 08:33:06 PM

Let's summarize:

One the one side there is fluffypony, me, gmaxwell, rnicoll, gjhiggins, Rick Storm, Luke-jr and others making specific, well-documented accusations. What do these people have in common? Basically nothing. Some are Bitcoin core devs, some are Monero core team members, some are not affiliated with any coin at all as far as I can tell. I don't know most of them and they probably don't all know each other either (with some obvious exceptions of course). Some of them have no obvious interest in Vcash other than having reviewed the code themselves when they saw the issue discussed and reaching the same conclusions (this was originally the case for me, BTW). Trying to make this about Monero or "Vcash hate" does not support your case. At all.

On the other side there are a bunch of technically ignorant long-time coin pumpers for Vanlliacoin/Vcash not responding substantively at all, discussing other coins, attacking motives, claiming that clearly copying actual code and lying about it is the same as Tesla copying a Model T because it has four wheels, etc.

I guess it's easier to make scam accusations than code huh? All day long posting on bitcointalk. Why not use that energy to make your coin better instead of spending all your time here? I think we know the answers to those questions. LMAO Cheesy

I am the guy

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 08:35:00 PM

I can taste their tears lol. So much butthurt here.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 09:14:20 PM

I guess it's easier to make scam accusations than code huh? All day long posting on bitcointalk. Why not use that energy to make your coin better instead of spending all your time here? I think we know the answers to those questions. LMAO Cheesy

Well done.

On the other side technically ignorant coin pumpers not responding substantively at all, discussing other coins, attacking motives, posting GIFs, etc.
I am the guy

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:08:33 PM

Well done.

On the other side technically ignorant coin pumpers not responding substantively at all, discussing other coins, attacking motives, posting GIFs, etc.

Proving my point again smooth. Your writing more lines here on Bitcointalk than lines of code for your broken coin without a GUI. ROFLMAO  Cheesy What a joke your community/coin have become.      

bigfryguy

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:07:37 PM

Well done.

so much bullshit.   Dont try to make Vcash group the Villains here, all this was caused by you and other Monero followers trying to spam bitcointalk and Vcash threads with your bullshit.  Fuck man you even started a Vcash thread so you could shit out your Monero trash talk in a Vcash announcement thread.

We arent VCash Shills, we follow it because we believe in what is doing. 
I used to follow cryptonote coins as well before I realized that you guys were sitting on a dungheap of code that you barely knew how to fix, because you forked it from a known scam.  There are a bunch of threads where your dev team has said so themselves.(although in more of an apology to why development is slow than as a statement about how messed up the Bytecoin code is)

John knows how to code, and Im guessing that he can understand your Bytecoin fork better than most people, in fact early in my discussions with him he referenced it with admiration when he was trying to figure out a way to take Vcash in an anonymous direction, but after researching it he found problems, and so did you (after they became obvious !!zeroday exploits suck).

You can try to slander him all you want, but the best your going to get is a zeroday exploit unfound until to late, and in the worst case you may get him to use the exploits when he has the time and resources to do so.

BTW I hear there is a new bytecoin clone out there that will have a nice slow mining release, maybe the dev of that coin can help you finally release something substantial.

john-connor

Activity: 596
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:48:22 PM

John Connor experimenting with Monero codebase on January 4th:

John Connor explaining to Monero devs starting January 15 what caused the network split/fork (Monero devs claim DoS):

Who knew what first? The proof cannot be disputed. Cool

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:23:47 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2016, 12:35:41 AM by smooth

John Connor explaining to Monero devs starting January 15 what caused the network split/fork (Monero devs claim DoS):

smooth teaching john-conner how to read twitter timestamps:

The earliest tweet I could find from you on the topic was late in the day on January 15. The attack was publicly disclosed and a fix released earlier that day. Your previous tweets earlier in the month demonstrating your ignorance about how disk storage functions prove nothing related to this at all.

Unless you can show a timestamp before the incident and its cause (and fix) was made public, your claim of twitter timestamps proving your knowledge or involvement is a lie, just as your launch of Vcash on the basis of having written it from scratch (when actually significant portions of the code, at a minimum, were copied, refactored, and obfuscated portions of Bitcoin as documented by me, gmaxwell, rnicoll, gjhiggins, Rick Storm, Luke-jr and others) was also a lie.

You can claim the above list plus fluffypony, plus others who have made similar accusations against your scamming are all conspiring against you, are scared of you, or being controlled behind the scenes by Nick Szabo or whatever other delusional crap you can come up with. Or you or your cronies can try to change the subject and start ranting about Monero or me or burned out disk drives or alien abductions or whatever you like, but you are still not fooling anyone.

EDIT: Let's add one more witness to your lying and scamming. Howard Chu, the developer of the LMDB database, responding to one of your earlier lies about Monero's use of disk storage. Click through for the context, if desired:

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:28:33 AM

Damn, guys, I'm not used to sitting on the sidelines enjoying the read oppose to participating. One side's lucky that I don't have a horse in this race thanks to being too busy with my release. I kinda miss the days of BFL, Cryptsy, AMT, Black Arrow, Matt Carson's thingies, etc., left with only Leroy Fodor and Chantha Owen Lueung as toys to play with while taking a break from coding (HTML, CSS... and you guys thought I wasn't a real geek  Roll Eyes).
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:05:24 AM

blah blah blah

and what the problem if John Connor knew the exploit 13 and didn't tell you?
Are you so retarded as to think that after all the fud from you and monero community against Vcash he should warned you about the exploit 13?
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:13:16 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2016, 03:53:05 AM by EmilioMann

commercial time:

Your attempt at forum sliding is both pathetic and damaging to your (non) argument.

Well, all fud from monero community last year, was to destroy Vcash, claiming that the dev stole the bitcoin's code, so he didn't know to code and never would deliver what was promised.

You and your gang called him scammer and Vcash a scam.

Well a year has passed, John Connor proved not only know how to code but also is one of the best dev in the crypto universe today.
He discovered faults and presented the solution on bitcoin's code, solved a failure on peercoin that affected all currencies with POS mining and found exploits in various currencies including the monero, so ...

He delivered everything promised in his roadmaps, on time and also implemented several other features that were not in the plans.
A year has passed and Vcash became the best crypto on market, with all the features listed in my other post running smoothly and without bugs.

And your monero? What has changed this year? Remains the same crapcoin ever and now with 12 zeroday exploits.

What matters to the market if JC would used a few bitcoin lines in your code (he didn't) but created a technically perfect currency that is close to being discovered and goes to the moon?

The only pathetic here are you, a crap coder that needs to stay all day in bctalk spreading fud against rival currencies, the thief Eduardo icebreaker and littleponey
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:20:45 AM

claiming that the dev stole the bitcoin's code

You act like the fact that many independent people who have examined the code state that he did exactly that makes no difference here. WTF?

so he didn't know to code and never would deliver what was promised

I never said that he didn't know how to code, so you are lying again. Especially considering that the code I (and others) looked at that he claimed to have written was actually not written by him, I would have no fucking idea.

As for not delivering "what was promised", that is absolutely the case. He promised a coin written "entirely from scratch", and some investors have said they bought into the coin when it was launched on that basis.

So he indeed failed to deliver what he promised, misrepresented what he did deliver, and is a lying scammer. You can't change that by implementing a few more features. Oh, you implemented SPV wallets? Your code-stealing, misrepresenting, unsupported FUD, and other scamming are now hereby forgiven. Again, WTFF?!!

The lies and scams continue with his unsupported claims of Monero exploits and further of his lies (documented above in pictures for those you Vcash idiots who may be too stupid to read) about twitter timestamps proving his claims.

And your monero?

Unless you or john-conner can back up his claims of twitter timestamps proving that had and has Monero exploits, then Monero is irrelevant here. So far you have not and fluffypony's accusation of lying and scamming appears validated. Your constant walls of text about Monero appears to be another form of forum sliding in order to obfuscate the well-documented charges against Vcash, john-conner, and yourself. It is making you look even worse. Don't do it.
bigfryguy

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:41:22 AM

Careful John-Connor,  this whole thread is a ruse to try to get you to make a threat of extortion.
you are completely in your legal rights to use a zeroday exploit if you see fit, but not within your rights to demand money for not using them.

Just use the exploits as you see fit or sell them to someone who will.
dont fall for this shit.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 07:03:48 AM

Normally anyone against Monero gets a silent nod from me and i step aside quietly and let them have at it.
But ...  Grin

I do KNOW that there is a big difference between a coder saying he can code
vs. a guy claiming he wrote specific code he did NOT.

In the cracking software & games scene i seen a LOT of that shit for many years
and it actually made me quit putting things put publicly for the most part as well as perma-retiring from some communities.
Basically there is a plague of little shits that come on the web and steal peoples work
then thy bend over backwards to play dumb about it.

VCash guy *may* have done this ..but since i have never looked at either code base i can't judge here.
(this issue was brought up earlier)

Also, the phenomena of crying FUD sickens the living fuck out of my both ways
for or against any coin i don't care.

Sorry but when you cry FUD like a little bitch i lose respect for you all.
No other scene online has such a ripe, voracious, intense, rabid level of "Crying FUD" as this one.
And you all just end up sounding like a bunch of whiny little fucking stupid brats when you talk like that.
Seriously, grow the fuck up snotty sniveling snot nose brats.
Are you adults ?
Then grow the fuck up and act like one !

You cry FUD i will buy you some bloody Pampers cry baby suck holes.
And no this comment is not *more* Trolling either (you guys wouldn't know trolling even if you were trolled on)

So as much as i dislike Monero i don't see any solid proof i can latch onto here to sink my teeth into.

The conspiracy stuff is sketchy and crying FUD or Troll is just tiring childish bullshit.
I personally just like the facts no matter how pretty or ugly who cares.. just keep it real.
Which is a bit hard in a scene where we have THOUSANDS of coins and yet MORE coming.
Made by a group of coin dev's who change their Bitcointalk account name more than the damn underwear.
So bearing that in mind it's hilarious trying to expect a level of honesty or integrity from sleazy greedy fuckheads.

Made a coin did you ?
Let me guess POW.. POS.. or IPO and let me guess.. i have to give you Bitcoins for your "new" coin ?  Roll Eyes

But hey scream "I'm legit" then say "but my coin is legit" and then say "We're different"
While you hold your hand out for BITCOIN $$$

You a coder assholes ?
Prove it fuckers.. step on up and do something useful for once instead of what smooth said.
How hard is it to re-write someone else's code and mod it a bit then re brand it ?
Hint: It's NOT Wink
So what ?
Duh the obvious ..IMPROVE on Bitcoin !
Make a new distribution system that is better than Bitcoin if Mining is so bad.
Or.. just keep making 8,000 god damn "crowd funded" yet to be made vaporware digital pyramid-scheme tokens.

You can't pull your little pecker out and yank it and scream i am "Mr. dev's ultra mega coder" when..
you post ANOTHER stupid ass gay scammy ICO.
That tells me you can NOT code.

Anyway.. My gripe with Monero has never ever been about their coding.
My 2 main issues has been the behavior of the people surrounding it and their "features" or direction.
The very concept of an anonymous coin i think is a foolish proposition and simply a bad idea.
It would have been far smarter for them to do the opposite and make a coin more govt compliant.
They may have had world wide adoption accomplished already had they done that instead.
Or ?
Make an anon coin that is centralized and backed by a couple coders vs planet earth's hackers.
Who will win ? duh ..the odds is stacked against them.

So i never tried to say they can't code or don't have some skills.
Just that i felt their skills were misdirected and their attempts to "market" the coin has been an epic failure.

The whole one coin group vs another coin group is something none of us want to hear about.
We ALL roll our eyes ..so we better see some solid proof to go with accusations.

I can envision smooth criticizing some specific coin like VCash or otherwise
but i honestly can't picture them organizing some campaign of "FUD" deliberately to attack another coin.
..aside from Dash maybe hahahha
Like a random bit of commentary from a guy does not constitute some conspiracy / agenda.
I don't think the Monero guys really give two shits about VCASH until the VCASH guys
spout of about exploits..

Lastly i think VCASH is a far better name than Monero.
I still think the name Monero is incredibly gay.
Makes me think of some kind of shitty foreign Mexican dollar or something
Like some lame ass currency worth less than the peso called a Dollero or something.
Who ever came up with the name Monero should be fired !!!

/end Monero rant Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
I am the guy

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:34:03 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2016, 11:00:15 PM by I am the guy

First in for most the usual xmr circle jerking gang (we know who they are) are assholes and need to get their heads out their collective asses.

Last year or so the vanillacoin (at the time) community was small. Their were 2 threads then. Both threads had positive vibes and a lot of interest. Then the trolling started. First it started out small here and there... then in months we had multiple accusations ranging from scam, fraud, scammers etc from random nicks (grudges), monero gang, and gmaxwell. Shit went side ways fast. There was little the community could do about it. Leaving was the only reasonable thing to do as Vcash was still in its infancy.

As for John, he has a clear vision for Vcash. Sure his personality isn't what we expect or like but who gives a shit. It's who he is. I could care less about forum migration that happened last year. So as along as he codes and delivers on his promises. Which he has done time after time. That's what's important. I could give two shits on how people perceive John, so as long as he delivers on the technology. And he has. I've come to respect John because so far he made all the right decisions for Vcash. Sure some will bitch but that's life, don't like it? Tough shit. Anyone is more than welcome to leave. John doesn't owe anything to anyone.  

John has already addressed gmaxwell BS on v.cash/forums/ and is posted on bct. It's settled.

As for accusations about Johns code that has been explained to death more times than I can count. Almost every new topic opened about vanillacoin (unmoderated) by a genuinely interested people would get fudded by the monero gang like clock work. Like a broken record over and over again. It was basically repeated to death like dash instamine crap. John made the decision to leave the forums because these trolls were trolling our small community and it got ugly. Vcash was VERY early beta then, John always made a point about necessary block chain changes early on and emphasize it. Vcash's development over the last year alone is a testament to that. Look at the Vcash project Github. It's incredibly impressive the amount of work John has put into Vcash from the start. Though this means very little to smooth and his xmr friends. Nor hasn't it stopped or slowed smooth's and his circle jerk accounts endless slander toward Vcash, the community and John. It's because Vcash poses a real threat to monero and they know it. You would have to be an idiot (or newb) not to see that. We all know they are not above that either. It's so obvious it boggles my mind why more people don't come to that conclusion. Seems hard work doesn't go unpunished in altcoin land.

As for exploits, remember when I mentioned earlier about xmr circle jerking gang are assholes? Well they're double D triple grade A douchebags. Why in the heck would John have any empathy toward these ass hats? Don't believe me, look at Johns trust rating FFS. Before GingerAle's offer these assholes were still running their mouths completely disregarding possible exploits. John sent a clear message. Don't piss him off, stop the slander and the same old tiring FUD. I don't give a rats ass what spoetnik thinks. I'm calling like I see it. These monero trolls are what makes BCT a hostile cesspool. But these trash posting rtards don't get it. Continue the bullshit, there will be consequences. Welcome to the real world. What they do is up to them. Don't go crying to mommy.

What John chooses to do with these zero day exploits is his business. John isn't cold either, I recall him helping out peercoin/novacoin sometime ago without the typical crypto drama or douchebaggary.

Respect, gotta give it to get it. That's my two nillas.

ray88

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:04:29 PM

First in for most the usual xmr circle jerking gang (we know who they are) are assholes and need to get their heads out their collective asses.

Last year or so the vanillacoin (at the time) community was small. Their were 2 threads then. Both threads had positive vibes and a lot of interest. Then the trolling started. First it started out small here and there... then in months we had multiple accusations ranging from scam, fraud, scammers etc from random nicks (grudges), monero gang, and gmaxwell. Shit went side ways fast. There was little the community could do about it. Leaving was the only reasonable thing to do as Vcash was still in its infancy.

As for John, he has a clear vision for Vcash. Sure his personality isn't what we expect or like but who gives a shit. It's who he is. I could care less about forum migration that happened last year. So as along as he codes and delivers on his promises. Which he has done time after time. That's what's important. I could give two shits on how people perceive John, so as long as he delivers on the technology. And he has. I've come to respect John because so far he made all the right decisions for Vcash. Sure some will bitch but that's life, don't like it? Tough shit. Anyone is more than welcome to leave. John doesn't owe anything to anyone.  

John has already addressed gmaxwell BS on v.cash/forums/ and is posted on bct. It's settled.

As for accusations about Johns code that has been explained to death more times than I can counted. Almost every new topic opened about vanillacoin (unmoderated) by a genuinely interested people would get fudded by the monero gang like clock work. Like a broken record over and over again. It was basically repeated to death like dash instamine crap. John made the decision to leave the forums because these trolls were trolling our small community and it got ugly. Vcash was VERY early beta then, John always made a point about necessary block chain changes early on and emphasize it. Vcash's development over the last year alone is a testament to that. Look at the Vcash project Github. It's incredibly impressive the amount of work John has put into Vcash from the start. Though this means very little to smooth and his xmr friends. Nor hasn't it stopped or slowed smooth's and his circle jerk accounts endless slander toward Vcash, the community and John. It's because Vcash poses a real threat to monero and they know it. You would have to be an idiot (or newb) not to see that. We all know they are not above that either. It's so obvious it boggles my mind why more people don't come to that conclusion. Seems hard work doesn't go unpunished in altcoin land.

As for exploits, remember when I mentioned earlier about xmr circle jerking gang are assholes? Well they're double D triple grade A douchebags. Why in the heck would John have any empathy toward these ass hats? Don't believe me, look at John trust rating FFS. Before GinerAle's offer these assholes were still running their mouths completely disregarding possible exploits. John sent a clear message. Don't piss him off, stop the slander and the same old tiring FUD. I don't give a rats ass what spoetnik thinks. I'm calling like I see it. These monero trolls are what makes BCT a hostile cesspool. But these trash posting rtards don't get it. Continue the bullshit, there will be consequences. Welcome to the real world. What they do is up to them. Don't go crying to mommy.

What John chooses to do with these zero day exploits is his business. John isn't cold either, I recall him helping out peercoin/novacoin sometime ago without the typical crypto drama or douchebaggary.

Cant agree more !
bigfryguy

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:36:06 PM

As for accusations about Johns code that has been explained to death more times than I can counted. Almost every new topic opened about vanillacoin (unmoderated) by a genuinely interested people would get fudded by the monero gang like clock work. Like a broken record over and over again. It was basically repeated to death like dash instamine crap. John made the decision to leave the forums because these trolls were trolling our small community and it got ugly. Vcash was VERY early beta then, John always made a point about necessary block chain changes early on and emphasize it. Vcash's development over the last year alone is a testament to that. Look at the Vcash project Github. It's incredibly impressive the amount of work John has put into Vcash from the start. Though this means very little to smooth and his xmr friends. Nor hasn't it stopped or slowed smooth's and his circle jerk accounts endless slander toward Vcash, the community and John. It's because Vcash poses a real threat to monero and they know it. You would have to be an idiot (or newb) not to see that. We all know they are not above that either. It's so obvious it boggles my mind why more people don't come to that conclusion. Seems hard work doesn't go unpunished in altcoin land.

As for exploits, remember when I mentioned earlier about xmr circle jerking gang are assholes? Well they're double D triple grade A douchebags. Why in the heck would John have any empathy toward these ass hats? Don't believe me, look at John trust rating FFS. Before GinerAle's offer these assholes were still running their mouths completely disregarding possible exploits. John sent a clear message. Don't piss him off, stop the slander and the same old tiring FUD. I don't give a rats ass what spoetnik thinks. I'm calling like I see it. These monero trolls are what makes BCT a hostile cesspool. But these trash posting rtards don't get it. Continue the bullshit, there will be consequences. Welcome to the real world. What they do is up to them. Don't go crying to mommy.

I agree with with this wholeheartedly as well.

and Spoetnik your right, I have also been drawn into this circle jerk conversation getting more and more frustrated daily by it.
after reading your post I have decided to disengage with the monero community, and if in the end all I see is ignored posts posting and reposting shit in the Vcash topics) I will just leave bitcointalk.

thank you for this, my mood the last few months has become ever more frustrated as I have spent to much time wasting breath on this discussion.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 06:12:10 PM

I first became aware of fluffypony here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKd7F-10lxM&feature=youtu.be&t=360. To me, he came across as a good guy.

Again, I don't have a horse in this race.
john-connor

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 06:55:53 PM

Why did you lie and defraud the XMR investors by claiming a DoS attack when clearly I knew otherwise and since I told you you should have known also? This is not really a question, Monero lied and defrauded it's investors while I told them the truth regarding the exploit. Monero is embarrassed. This can never be denied.

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
john-connor

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 07:09:19 PM

As for accusations about Johns code that has been explained to death more times than I can count. Almost every new topic opened about vanillacoin (unmoderated) by a genuinely interested people would get fudded by the monero gang like clock work. Like a broken record over and over again. It was basically repeated to death like dash instamine crap. John made the decision to leave the forums because these trolls were trolling our small community and it got ugly. Vcash was VERY early beta then, John always made a point about necessary block chain changes early on and emphasize it. Vcash's development over the last year alone is a testament to that. Look at the Vcash project Github. It's incredibly impressive the amount of work John has put into Vcash from the start. Though this means very little to smooth and his xmr friends. Nor hasn't it stopped or slowed smooth's and his circle jerk accounts endless slander toward Vcash, the community and John. It's because Vcash poses a real threat to monero and they know it. You would have to be an idiot (or newb) not to see that. We all know they are not above that either. It's so obvious it boggles my mind why more people don't come to that conclusion. Seems hard work doesn't go unpunished in altcoin land.

Cool

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 07:09:51 PM

These monero trolls are what makes BCT a hostile cesspool. But these trash posting rtards don't get it.

Continue the bullshit, there will be consequences.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 07:20:16 PM

maybe he did rip off some Bitcoin code.

Ignore it

Maybe?  There's no maybe about it.  John was caught red handed, dead to rights.  Why are you pretending otherwise?

I politely reported the copyright violation (the code being a copy of Bitcoin Core run through an auto-formatter with all the attribution removed) as an issue on the github for the project and john-connor accused me of stalking him and then hid the issue tracker on that github from public view. :-/

I'm glad Greg Maxwell posted a warning about the fraud behind Vtrash.

"If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud". -Nassim Taleb

What does it make you when you see fraud, but then recommend everyone ignore the fraud?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ray88

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 07:41:57 PM

Ignore it

Maybe?  There's no maybe about it.  John was caught red handed, dead to rights.  Why are you pretending otherwise?

I politely reported the copyright violation (the code being a copy of Bitcoin Core run through an auto-formatter with all the attribution removed) as an issue on the github for the project and john-connor accused me of stalking him and then hid the issue tracker on that github from public view. :-/

What does it make you when you see fraud, but then recommend everyone ignore the fraud?

The fraud master call others fraud lolz

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 07:50:17 PM

Ignore it

Maybe?  There's no maybe about it.  John was caught red handed, dead to rights.  Why are you pretending otherwise?

Look what I learnt today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Swan_(Taleb_book)#Coping_with_Black_Swan_events

The main idea in Taleb's book is not to attempt to predict Black Swan events, but to build robustness to negative ones that occur and to be able to exploit positive ones. Taleb contends that banks and trading firms are very vulnerable to hazardous Black Swan events and are exposed to losses beyond those that are predicted by their defective financial models.

The book's position is that a Black Swan event depends on the observer—using a simple example, what may be a Black Swan surprise for a turkey is not a Black Swan surprise for its butcher—hence the objective should be to "avoid being the turkey" by identifying areas of vulnerability in order to "turn the Black Swans white".
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 09:48:05 PM

Why did you lie and defraud the XMR investors by claiming a DoS attack when clearly I knew otherwise and since I told you you should have known also? This is not really a question, Monero lied and defrauded it's investors while I told them the truth regarding the exploit. Monero is embarrassed. This can never be denied.

There was no lie, because denial of service attack is exactly what it was:

In computing, a denial-of-service (DoS) attack is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users, such as to temporarily or indefinitely interrupt or suspend services of a host connected to the Internet

By injecting a block that not handled properly by some nodes, it was an attempt to make the Monero payment network (and various services depending on it) unavailable to its intended users. In fact it did (at least indirectly) successfully do this when exchanges and possibly other services (maybe MoneroDice; I'm not sure) responded to the act by shutting down wallet transactions as a precaution.

DoS is also a common term used when describing application level vulnerabilities which cause a component or system to become unavailable (usually via a crash, resource exhaustion, or application-level state failure) but do not allow remote access (remote code execution) or access beyond intended limits (privilege escalation). Here is one recent example: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2016-4951

Perhaps you are confusing DoS, a general term, with DDoS, a specific form of a attack that did not apply here. I don't really or care, nor can I help with your stupidity or dishonesty; only you can try to improve yourself if you so choose.

Anyway, what Monero did or did not do is irrelevant to this thread and you are not helping your case by bringing it up. If you think Monero defrauded investors by calling a denial-of-service attack a denial-of-service attack, then you should open a thread to make that accusation. GLWT.

@Wolf0 I'm not in a beauty or popularity contest. I don't care whether I "look bad" to you. If you have another argument to make as to why john-connor and the rest of the Vcash scammers should get pass on their well-documented dishonest and harmful conduct (particularly when I ask for no such special treatment myself), particularly when we are discussing it on a Scam Accusation thread, please let me know, because that one is uninteresting to me.

bigfryguy

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 10:10:08 PM

so gmaxwell reported it in january 2014 and no action has been taken?Huh  looks like there is more to John Connor and his connection to open SSL and Bitcoin than meets the eye

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 10:23:33 PM

so gmaxwell reported it in january 2014 and no action has been taken?Huh  looks like there is more to John Connor and his connection to open SSL and Bitcoin than meets the eye

This attempted deflection is invalid as I have explained before. John-connor is not the copyright holder of the relevant openssl code that was clearly copied, nor is he the copyright holder of all of the relevant Bitcoin code that was clearly copied. As such he is still required to comply with the attribution requirements of the license, both as a matter of copyright, and as a matter of not misleading investors about the origin of the code he falsely claimed to have written from scratch. Also, that copyright holders have not, so far, taken other action does not mean that they won't decide take other action some time in the next 50+ years.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 11:27:53 PM

This attempted deflection is invalid as I have explained before. John-connor is not the copyright holder of the relevant openssl code that was clearly copied, nor is he the copyright holder of all of the relevant Bitcoin code that was clearly copied. As such he is still required to comply with the attribution requirements of the license, both as a matter of copyright, and as a matter of not misleading investors about the origin of the code he falsely claimed to have written from scratch. Also, that copyright holders have not, so far, taken other action does not mean that they won't decide take other action some time in the next 50+ years.

Assuming the copyright doesn't expire if not enforced, nobody cares enough about Vtrash to bother with the issue because it's such an obscure/generic/unremarkable typical shitcoin.

If by some crazy miracle Vtrash gains in prominence, it's only a matter of time before the core devs start taking greater, possibly actionable, offense to their brilliance and hard/meticulous work being plagiarized by Scumbag John Connor.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigfryguy

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 02:35:51 AM

back on topic though John offerred to sell you the exploits, and you guys havent once come forward to find out if this is true or not.  simple answer to this whole debate.

put up a bounty and see if he has what he says he has.

I am sure Monero has enough funds between you bagholders to pay for these bug/exploits.

your bluff was called days ago and still there is silence where there should be resolve.  prove John wrong if you are so sure, offer a bounty in esrow and prove him wrong.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 02:44:40 AM

back on topic though John offerred to sell you the exploits, and you guys havent once come forward to find out if this is true or not.  simple answer to this whole debate.

I am sure Monero has enough funds between you bagholders to pay for these bug/exploits.

your bluff was called days ago and still there is silence where there should be resolve.  prove John wrong if you are so sure, offer a bounty in esrow and prove him wrong.

As an outsider looking in, why should or would, anyone do that? That's just stupid. "Oh hey, can i offer you thousands of dollars for something of which you are unwilling to provide any proof of?"  Wtf does escrow have to do with that bs?  Huh

This is one seriously delusional SA thread, but whatevs... Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 03:38:22 AM

First of all, here's what john says from FAQ:

"Is Vcash a clone of Bitcoin?

No, it was built over a period of several years using Peercoin as a reference implementation for interoperability and backwards compatibility purposes, therefore it brings an alternative codebase to the cryptocurrency ecosystem."

Since everyone's attacks here seem to be appeal to authority, I'll just reference a few semi-known people:

TF2Honeybadger was Poloniex's wallet manager until he got a new job.  He was very impressed with John's code and showed up on IRC a bunch of times.

Mobydick is Poloniex's current wallet manager and is also very impressed with John's code.

Busoni either reviewed the code himself or approved the reviewer and allowed the confirmations of Vcash to be dropped to 1 last year.  Vcash is the only altcoin that only requires 1 confirmation on Poloniex.

Earlz was contacted in March 2015 about how much he would charge for a code review.  He wrote: "I'm not really sure, and I'm not sure how much weight my review could even carry. I don't really understand what Vanillacoin is trying to even accomplish.. it looks like it's 90% fresh code, but with the same core design as bitcoin, and with about 10% of bitcoin code (specifically the scripting engine)."

(I believe the reason John wrote his code using Peercoin as a reference implementation was in hopes that Bitcoin and Peercoin would upgrade to his codebase.  He tried to make it easy for them.)

You can see this written by ocminer if you click John's trust rating, written after first wave of defamation by smooth in September 2015: "John's code is legit. We implemented a lot of RPC calls together while in IRC, he basically coded while I was waiting for the update etc and it all worked out very well. ZeroTime and much other features like the FPGA bitstreams, the GUI wallets etc are unique to VNL. Furthermore the code is all in C++ instead of C."

bigfryguy

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 03:41:17 AM

As an outsider looking in, why should or would, anyone do that? That's just stupid. "Oh hey, can i offer you thousands of dollars for something of which you are unwilling to provide any proof of?"  Wtf does escrow have to do with that bs?  Huh

This is one seriously delusional SA thread, but whatevs... Smiley

I am asuming there will have to be a code review before funds are released... duh.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 04:15:56 AM

Advance fee scam much?

Nobody is interested in putting up money on the basis of entirely unsupported claims with zero evidence from a proven liar and scammer.

The one with zero remaining credibility here based on a documented pattern of repeated false claims is not us, it is john-connor.

If he wants to prove he didn't simply make up the 12 exploits like he made up everything else, he ought to be smart enough to figure out how to do that in a provable, verifiable manner. If he's not, he's not.

@pseudonymdude

No one has claimed that it is a clone of bitcoin. That question was obviously crafted carefully in order to allow for a half-truth answer, and one that does not respond to the actual relevant (and frequently asked) question:

"Does Vcash/Vanillacoin contain or has it ever contained substantial portions of code that are copied from Bitcoin with only minor modification such as reformatting, removing comments, and changing of variable names (directly or indirectly via an intermediate coin forked from Bitcoin)?"

about 10% of bitcoin code (specifically the scripting engine).

If 10% of the code (I have no idea if the scripting engine is 10% of the code, but let's assume it for now) is Bitcoin code then he is admitting copying, misrepresenting, and violating the license. Why claim it was written "entirely" from scratch (his word) when 10% of it was copied, and why fail to include the Bitcoin license that clearly (and apparently now admittedly) applies to 10% of the code?

Furthermore some of the already-identified copied Bitcoin code is not part of the scripting engine so the quoted statement is either a lie or a mistake.

P.S. Why is it necessary for all Vcash scammers/socks to flood every thread and gang up on someone every single time? It's quite consistent and obvious. Is that too a form of forum sliding (five responses from five "different" Vcash supporters being posted for every one post criticizing it?). I mean, I can easily handle all of you and your deflections, because I have the facts on my side and that makes it easy, but it is still tedious and looks pretty desperate.

pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 04:25:25 AM

john-connor's not saying that.  It's just what earlz said.  I was just defending from icebreaker's (and your) attacks.  John-connor's position is:

No, it was built over a period of several years using Peercoin as a reference implementation for interoperability and backwards compatibility purposes, therefore it brings an alternative codebase to the cryptocurrency ecosystem."

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 04:26:22 AM

john-connor's not saying that.  It's just what earlz said.  I was just defending from icebreaker's (and your) attacks.  

So in other words, the best defense you can come up with actually supports the accusation against him. Very nice.

John-connor's position is:

That's interesting as far as answering irrelevant questions goes.

"Does Vcash/Vanillacoin contain or has it ever contained substantial portions of code that are copied from Bitcoin with only minor modification such as reformatting, removing comments, and changing of variable names (directly or indirectly via an intermediate coin forked from Bitcoin)?"

Huh
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 05:55:13 AM

Conspiracy Theory:

Connor is Satoshi, therefore he doesn't have to acknowledge his own work.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money