Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:04:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 516 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WINGS ★ Where DAO Unicorns Are Born! ★ Token launched!  (Read 522714 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:19:45 PM

OK Devs I've read the material on Rootstock and it is certainly very interesting. 

It seems to combine the advantages of both ethereum and bitcoin.  The thing that I am still curious about and which there is not any significant information on is the DAO structure itself which you will be using. 

I am assuming this is because that it is still to be finalised?  Would I be correct in this assumption?

Being a DAO investor there are certain problems that came up almost immediately with the DAO for example regarding governance and reaching quorum etc.  One solution that had been suggested was the use of liquid democracy - I wonder if you have looked into this or are considering this?
An organisation called Backfeed was looking at liquid democracy and had a proposal on this which you may find of interest:

https://forum.daohub.org/t/backfeeds-governance-proposal-for-the-dao/2936

Also due to the governance structure and the way voting worked in the (slock.it) DAO - splits were made a part of the process both as a guard against 51% voting attacks and to allow people to avoid supporting unethical investments. 

Yet splits and bugs/exploits related to the split process are what caused the eventual downfall of the system and crisis that exists now.  Someone previously mentioned that splits will not be possible in the Wings DAO - is this correct? 

If so is there any alternative to prevent the issue with misuse of voting power and/or unethical propositions?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your answers.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jwiz168

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:25:59 PM

How I wonder why some dont see the potentials Wings platform will bring . Such happened because of limited information. Project managers have always stated its better to release it with minimal bugs/

We going to start posting more information about the Wings platform and increase our PR activity efforts, after the whitepaper is public.

Good news are coming. Nice work dev. PR is very essential for a project to be recognized . As innovative as Wings Platform, any fintech would be so much interested.
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:07:13 AM

How I wonder why some dont see the potentials Wings platform will bring . Such happened because of limited information. Project managers have always stated its better to release it with minimal bugs/

We going to start posting more information about the Wings platform and increase our PR activity efforts, after the whitepaper is public.

Good news are coming. Nice work dev. PR is very essential for a project to be recognized . As innovative as Wings Platform, any fintech would be so much interested.

Thats cool... lets collect some more egg.
wings.ai (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 523

Turn your financial ideas into reality

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 04:53:23 AM

OK Devs I've read the material on Rootstock and it is certainly very interesting.  

It seems to combine the advantages of both ethereum and bitcoin.  The thing that I am still curious about and which there is not any significant information on is the DAO structure itself which you will be using.  

I am assuming this is because that it is still to be finalised?  Would I be correct in this assumption?

This will be explained both in our whitepaper and in the following blogposts dedicated to technical and governance workings of Wings.

Being a DAO investor there are certain problems that came up almost immediately with the DAO for example regarding governance and reaching quorum etc.  One solution that had been suggested was the use of liquid democracy - I wonder if you have looked into this or are considering this?
An organisation called Backfeed was looking at liquid democracy and had a proposal on this which you may find of interest:

We are well aware of the low participation issue, hence Wings will launch with delegate (liquid) democracy from the start, specifically to avoid the voting problems The DAO had. There will be also more democracy models in future, such as predictive markets democracy, reputation democracy / meritocracy, and perhaps futarchy.

Also, we will have something we call a Flexible Governance, meaning that the used democracy model could be changed to another one following a majority vote.

Also due to the governance structure and the way voting worked in the (slock.it) DAO - splits were made a part of the process both as a guard against 51% voting attacks and to allow people to avoid supporting unethical investments.  

Yet splits and bugs/exploits related to the split process are what caused the eventual downfall of the system and crisis that exists now.  Someone previously mentioned that splits will not be possible in the Wings DAO - is this correct?  

If so is there any alternative to prevent the issue with misuse of voting power and/or unethical propositions?

This is correct, due to the nature of Wings being a platform for starting new DAOs, with each having it's own smart contracts and tokens (vs. The DAO decentralized VC model where there was a joint pool of funds), there won't be need of splits as the participants could just submit a proposal and vote to stop the project, refunding any remaining funds back to them. There will be naturally a protection against a "whale" holding over 50%, from proposing and voting for draining all the funds to his/her address.

We also are working on several additional mechanisms that will encourage people to participate in voting or at least to delegate their voting power to someone else, and discourage from creation of malicious proposals.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 09:25:11 AM

Wtf  are u kidding dev ? make me angry ,,, Angry

you too? why?

i got declined too.
i put it mine as "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=224866"
i have made more than 20+ posts after putting on WINGS sig...still have the WINGS sig...they should at least explain.

The reason was clear . Check the link he posted , it was wrong . How can the dev determine the amount of posts if the link was wrong .

HOW TO CLAIM

At the end of each month you must submit a claim to https://bounty.wings.ai by sending a link to your bitcointalk profile which will show you signature. You must have at least 20 more posts to qualify during each period. If you did not qualify for the previous period (you did not sign up) or you did not meet the requirements you must post again to have your post count confirmed. If you received the bounty in the previous period you do not need to do that, we will just add 20 post for each month from when you were confirmed.

Submissions will be accepted up until the first week of the following month.

what about my case? i am not doing it for June. i am doing it for July as mentioned by this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1501228.0

i want to sign up for july. what must be done for that?

[EDIT]
Oops...i think i do things too fast. LOL!

1) so when i post to the Eggs Signature Bounty Thread the number of posts i currently have, and when one of the Wings staff quote my post to confirm that i have a valid signature going to Wings.AI. --- this means i am signing up for July right?

2) And then i am to make 20+ posts (>20) and make the claim before the end of July right? So my current claim that got declined was because i claim it on 30th June and it was still June's Bounty, was it?

3) just to check - is this the right way to post the link for devs to check my profile+posts: "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=224866"

This is my assessment:

1. correct.
2. correct.
3. correct.

Thanks for answering  Cool

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:12:48 PM

It seems to combine the advantages of both ethereum and bitcoin.  The thing that I am still curious about and which there is not any significant information on is the DAO structure itself which you will be using.  

I am assuming this is because that it is still to be finalised?  Would I be correct in this assumption?

This will be explained both in our whitepaper and in the following blogposts dedicated to technical and governance workings of Wings.

Being a DAO investor there are certain problems that came up almost immediately with the DAO for example regarding governance and reaching quorum etc.  One solution that had been suggested was the use of liquid democracy - I wonder if you have looked into this or are considering this?

We are well aware of the low participation issue, hence Wings will launch with delegate (liquid) democracy from the start, specifically to avoid the voting problems The DAO had. There will be also more democracy models in future, such as predictive markets democracy, reputation democracy / meritocracy, and perhaps futarchy.

Also, we will have something we call a Flexible Governance, meaning that the used democracy model could be changed to another one following a majority vote.

Yet splits and bugs/exploits related to the split process are what caused the eventual downfall of the system and crisis that exists now.  Someone previously mentioned that splits will not be possible in the Wings DAO - is this correct?  

This is correct, due to the nature of Wings being a platform for starting new DAOs, with each having it's own smart contracts and tokens (vs. The DAO decentralized VC model where there was a joint pool of funds), there won't be need of splits as the participants could just submit a proposal and vote to stop the project, refunding any remaining funds back to them. There will be naturally a protection against a "whale" holding over 50%, from proposing and voting for draining all the funds to his/her address.

We also are working on several additional mechanisms that will encourage people to participate in voting or at least to delegate their voting power to someone else, and discourage from creation of malicious proposals.

Thank you very much for the responses.  Am looking forward to investing.  Currently I'm waiting for the DAO situation to resolve. 
If I can get at least some of my ether back from that I will put them directly into Wings because it seems you have learned a lot from their failures and problems.  I suspect also that there are a lot of DAO investors who are in a similar position looking for something similar to invest in. 

Once you have the full whitepaper and details prepared I would suggest to also post it on the DAOhub forums too and have a question and answer thread-  I think it will bring a lot of people who believed in the DAO concept to invest in Wings.

It would also bring the added bonus of some of the ether from the DAO being used rather than flooding the market and crashing the price further.
jwiz168

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:24:13 PM

Wtf  are u kidding dev ? make me angry ,,, Angry

you too? why?

i got declined too.
i put it mine as "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=224866"
i have made more than 20+ posts after putting on WINGS sig...still have the WINGS sig...they should at least explain.

The reason was clear . Check the link he posted , it was wrong . How can the dev determine the amount of posts if the link was wrong .

HOW TO CLAIM

At the end of each month you must submit a claim to https://bounty.wings.ai by sending a link to your bitcointalk profile which will show you signature. You must have at least 20 more posts to qualify during each period. If you did not qualify for the previous period (you did not sign up) or you did not meet the requirements you must post again to have your post count confirmed. If you received the bounty in the previous period you do not need to do that, we will just add 20 post for each month from when you were confirmed.

Submissions will be accepted up until the first week of the following month.

what about my case? i am not doing it for June. i am doing it for July as mentioned by this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1501228.0

i want to sign up for july. what must be done for that?

[EDIT]
Oops...i think i do things too fast. LOL!

1) so when i post to the Eggs Signature Bounty Thread the number of posts i currently have, and when one of the Wings staff quote my post to confirm that i have a valid signature going to Wings.AI. --- this means i am signing up for July right?

2) And then i am to make 20+ posts (>20) and make the claim before the end of July right? So my current claim that got declined was because i claim it on 30th June and it was still June's Bounty, was it?

3) just to check - is this the right way to post the link for devs to check my profile+posts: "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=224866"

This is my assessment:

1. correct.
2. correct.
3. correct.

Thanks for answering  Cool

Not a problem . Glad to be. Wing Plat has so much potential and you must benefits its incentives. Dont stop believing and support it . If you happen to have ideas on making a DAO, Wing  Platform will take care of it . Smiley
jwiz168

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:25:56 PM

Thats cool... lets collect some more egg.

Be my guest . The more we support Wings Platform the more people would become interested.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:47:37 PM

Hi there guys!

I'm still available to do some translations. I can translate Spanish and Portuguese into English and vice versa. If you know any translation that needs to be done, please post the link here.
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 03:27:46 PM

Ico not start yet TBA.
rindo

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 03:53:24 PM

Ico not start yet TBA.
I think Dev would announced it,when all preparations have been completed,so be patient buddy
btcnoob85

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 06:58:31 PM

Ico not start yet TBA.
I think Dev would announced it,when all preparations have been completed,so be patient buddy

Is there at least a target for announcing the ICO start?

░▒▓▓▒░ THE MOVEMENT DAO |  UNSTOPPABLE ORGANIZATION ░▒▓▓▒░
jwiz168

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 09:36:15 PM

Ico not start yet TBA.

Collect some eggs if you want to get involved with Wings. It's fun and you will never regret it .
kliown

Activity: 1080

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:14:56 AM

Ico not start yet TBA.

Is there at least a target for annoncing the ICO start?
Not yet, they are working on whitepaper now
Join on telegram for more info
oneyesoneno

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:31:22 AM

Ico not start yet TBA.

my speculation will be on august.
golfhusokku

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 03:37:11 AM

better wait will TheDAO's problem has been solved.
Now people are scare to invest on any DAO.
jwiz168

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 05:18:13 AM

People behind Wings platform are very much aware of the situation. Sure it was really a big blow to theDAO and Ethereum losing that much. Learning from it is the most important thing and that is how the DEV approach the situation before launching the Wings platform.
oneyesoneno

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:38:21 AM

People behind Wings platform are very much aware of the situation. Sure it was really a big blow to theDAO and Ethereum losing that much. Learning from it is the most important thing and that is how the DEV approach the situation before launching the Wings platform.

in the meantime.. lets collect more eggs  Grin
sxafir

Activity: 1022

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:50:43 AM

How to collect more Eggs?
jwiz168

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:19:46 PM

How to collect more Eggs?

There several ways to collect some eggs. Choose from any of the ff.

1. Twitter Campaign . Follow @wingsplatform
2. Write a blog about Wings
3. Join the signature campaign
4. Translate to native language the OP and web page of Wings
5. Click my wings signature to enter newsletter campaign

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 516 »
  Print  

Jump to: