Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:39:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 49 days till the halving, time is flying now  (Read 9521 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:09:40 AM

nothing will happen at the halving, at this point i'm expecting something major later this year or even early 2017

Beside the block halving and perhaps a very short lasting price increase due to the block size being increased, nothing interesting will happen the rest of this year and next year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:17:28 AM

it's still far to start flying maybe the price of bitcoin would be start rise 15 days left before halving except the price can break $500 in this month maybe we will see the price of bitcoin flying high.
I think it would not have had any effect if the demand is not enlarged. bitcoin amount will not be reduced in the 15 days prior. may effect the price will be higher after the number of bitcoin reduced or after halving occurs. it is most likely to occur
eyeknock

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:20:06 AM

as we draw closer to the halving ive noticed a distinct drop in anti-bitcoin threads

seems like going against the tide is not worth their time or effort for now

as expected, but dont worry the more closer we are to the halving, the more anti-bitcoin threads you will find, those you only think that the halving will have not impact at all, are by far closer to the reality, bitcoin creator did it for one reason...and people will notice it soon.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:25:12 AM

this halving is surely a milestone in the bitcoin history especially since it is the second time that it is going to happen, that makes it super interesting. if I remember correctly last time there were some sort of small celebrations here and there that bitcoin users held on their own on the time of halving (you can find the topic here easily) that seems like a good idea to do a similar thing here and also announce it on social medias like reddit/r/bitcoin.

Only Bitcoin
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:48:12 AM

as we draw closer to the halving ive noticed a distinct drop in anti-bitcoin threads

seems like going against the tide is not worth their time or effort for now

as expected, but dont worry the more closer we are to the halving, the more anti-bitcoin threads you will find, those you only think that the halving will have not impact at all, are by far closer to the reality, bitcoin creator did it for one reason...and people will notice it soon.
I'm managing my expectations as to what effect halving will have on the price of bitcoin. As we are nearing July, are we going to see more volatility or is the price going to stabilize? If so, at what level? At this moment, we are all just speculating while waiting for the event to take place.
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 10:28:19 AM

yup its almost time, but its kinda  a let down considering bitcoins price
has been dropping this past few days i was expecting a slow price hike
because of the halving hype, but i guess its not having any effect.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 10:47:38 AM

The price drop is partially because of this whole ETH hype. Once ETH price tanks, which I am sure it will do after the DAO sale is over, BTC will probably return. I can still profit after the halving as I am mining scrypt and and real time BTC conversions by proxy to avoid this problem, as the next litecoin halving is not for ages. Investing in a BTC ASIC might be folly at the moment, I dont think BTC price will rise instantly* after the halving but in steady steps I think, this is going to see at least temporary the income of most miners cut in half for a while.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 11:39:51 AM

nothing will happen at the halving, at this point i'm expecting something major later this year or even early 2017

Beside the block halving and perhaps a very short lasting price increase due to the block size being increased, nothing interesting will happen the rest of this year and next year.

based on the fact that pump occur with a higher probability in the late part of the year(2013 with 1200 ath, 2015 with the return to 500 etc...) i'm fairly certain that something will happen within this year, no expecting crazy thign like 2k or more

but something around a pump to reach 500-1k range is very possible
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 11:43:15 AM

based on the fact that pump occur with a higher probability in the late part of the year(2013 with 1200 ath, 2015 with the return to 500 etc...) i'm fairly certain that something will happen within this year, no expecting crazy thign like 2k or more

but something around a pump to reach 500-1k range is very possible

you have been long enough into bitcoin to know how markets works and you still think it's possible to reach $1000 this year? how so? if you are looking at the current market from a realistic point of view, then even $600 might be out of reach.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 11:46:21 AM

I don't expect we will see huge price increase right after halving will hit us. It won't be sudden price spike and 100% increase as many people believe it to be.
Market will react slowly and will correct itself slowly, it will take couple months or maybe even more for us too see real impact of halving.
You may be right but if a goo d hype is created in media about bitcoin just few days before halving,it can push up prices to new high

Oceriw

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:19:49 PM

The most people are hoping that the halving will be good and that is because there are still a lot of people that is using Bitcoin so that wont be that nice.
But you also have to know that there will be more people that is going to use it.
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:26:59 PM

The price drop is partially because of this whole ETH hype. Once ETH price tanks, which I am sure it will do after the DAO sale is over, BTC will probably return. I can still profit after the halving as I am mining scrypt and and real time BTC conversions by proxy to avoid this problem, as the next litecoin halving is not for ages. Investing in a BTC ASIC might be folly at the moment, I dont think BTC price will rise instantly* after the halving but in steady steps I think, this is going to see at least temporary the income of most miners cut in half for a while.

look at the timing funelling investors into a complete joke

scam wateva u want to call it, somehow they will try to

convince them they lost billions because of Bitcoin

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:36:39 PM

Maybe the halving will come a bit sooner.
I just saw the recent spike in the hash rate. Shocked
Some miners continue gearing up.Pretty exciting.

Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:43:55 PM

20% spike in 1 day far out

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:21:15 PM

Upward trend has emerged on BTCE is it appearing

on any of the other exchanges Smiley

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:48:07 PM

Upward trend has emerged on BTCE is it appearing

on any of the other exchanges Smiley
It's most likely one or more Chinese pools turning up their hardware a notch.

Interesting thing is that while exchanges as Bitfinex and Bitstamp reached a low of $435, Chinese exchange giants didn't go lower than $442.9.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 03:50:36 PM

Craig Wright´s quantum miner! I´am bamboozled by this.

Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:59:05 PM

this is getting more and more exciting as we get closer to the halving. although i think halving is just going to be an even (a big one) for bitcoin and the effect on the price as the speculators are saying will come after a little while not just as the halving happens. it can even take a month or so.

to the moon with bitcoin...
Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:18:00 PM

im going to try to buy a beer in the first block

will add a hefty fee to make sure it gets through

Yes, of course it is time to fly with your's bitcoins.
Best of luck, we will see who get profit from halving. But also this it make be difficult, because i m afraid about the race of the bitcoins.
Because on halving day most of the people want to sell their bitcoins, so when alot of the people do this something will be wrong that the price of bitcoin may be come down. So what we will do on that time. May be i m wrong, but best of luck Halving.
royal5050

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:23:39 PM

I wish price will rise high on halving
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: