Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:23:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTCTC][[ASICMINER-PT]] - Public trading of ASICMINER shares  (Read 74375 times)
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:46:37 PM

Auctioning USB miners is not ideal. Just pick a price and sell them. If they sell out, too bad, wait for next batch.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:52:09 PM

It was always my understanding that they would auction off X-GH/s devices, not X-MH/s devices.... The usb device was made for internal testing-use, they will sell them, but their focus will be on bigger/faster devices, I believe
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:03:42 PM

I would think that... but THEN AGAIN.  These things will probably sell at a premium due to their low barrier to entry, and their lower relative cost to larger mining equipment, meaning more people can afford them.  It may turn out that there is enough demand, and such a better margin... that ASICMINER only really ends up selling these guys.

Imagine it... buy one of these things for $50, when it pays for itself in a few months, use the proceeds to buy more... buy them for friends to get them into bitcoin.  I see a BRIGHT future ahead.!

aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:25:34 AM

Wow!  Prices for shares on the PT have spiked!  AND we have over 10,000 shares!  Are we going to be able to secure some more?  Or are we counting on individual to bring them in themselves?

Any word on our (now two... well) board seats?

Zedster

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:52:45 PM

Yea what did I miss?  Over doubled in price.  Not complaining not all just very interested to know why the parabolic spike? And when to expect the bubble to pop?  Smiley
ffernandex

Activity: 143

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:13:12 PM

Yea what did I miss?  Over doubled in price.  Not complaining not all just very interested to know why the parabolic spike? And when to expect the bubble to pop?  Smiley

No bubble, this is a reaction to the ASICminer auction of their first 10 Block Erupter Blades ready to ship,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178275.180

People are just realizing the potential of the shares

Enjoy!

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
Rant2112

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:32:40 PM

Auctioning USB miners is not ideal.
Why?
Zedster

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:58:56 PM

No bubble, this is a reaction to the ASICminer auction of their first 10 Block Erupter Blades ready to ship,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178275.180

People are just realizing the potential of the shares

Enjoy!

The bubble comment was a joke. Bad one I guess.
Zedster

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:02:18 PM

Auctioning USB miners is not ideal. Just pick a price and sell them. If they sell out, too bad, wait for next batch.

Oh but then ya can't milk 'em for every possible cent coin.  Will greed kill the cat?
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 07:01:53 PM

Good morning all.  Dividends of 0.00696732 per share have been paid.

Cheers.
JimiQ84

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:09:04 PM

Good morning all.  Dividends of 0.00696732 per share have been paid.

Cheers.

Thanks!
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 08:12:53 PM

I'm auctioning off 371 non-PT shares
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179065.0

Please don't use this thread for forum sale announcements.  Wink

For anyone interested, some good deals can frequently be had at slightly higher risk (use escrow) in the Auctions section of the forums here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=73.0

This thread should be used for discussion of the passthru.

Cheers.
MegaBrutal

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:32:44 PM

I'm trying to buy some shares, but the webpage BitFunder.com requires me to set up an account on WeExchange.Co. Then I registered at WeExchange.Co, but I can't verify my account because I don't receive any verification or password reset e-mails. Sent them an e-mail, they didn't answer. I guess this problem should be addressed at WeExchange.Co, though shared it here, maybe someone else has the same problem.

Also, I'm confused, shares are sold on btct.co as well, and it seems to be a different site from BitFunder.com. Does it matter where do I buy shares? Or is some of these a scam?

BTC: 18nAftZTnH4LjY9fPPow1aF5tGD1JiF7ZH
LTC: LV9MiA3iPVUm8qRFYbLkARuoYwvmHwhWaC

Buy some Negro candies!
zapeta

Activity: 180

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:52:52 PM

I'm trying to buy some shares, but the webpage BitFunder.com requires me to set up an account on WeExchange.Co. Then I registered at WeExchange.Co, but I can't verify my account because I don't receive any verification or password reset e-mails. Sent them an e-mail, they didn't answer. I guess this problem should be addressed at WeExchange.Co, though shared it here, maybe someone else has the same problem.

Also, I'm confused, shares are sold on btct.co as well, and it seems to be a different site from BitFunder.com. Does it matter where do I buy shares? Or is some of these a scam?

The shares on BitFunder and Btct.co are essentially the same - a pass through to the ASICMINER asset.  I think bitfunder is a lot more difficult to work with as you have to go through WeExchange to get your funds in and out.  If you register an account on Btct.co, you can send bitcoins to your account and use those funds to purchase the ASICMINER-PT asset.  No middleman. 
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:18:15 PM

The shares on BitFunder and Btct.co are essentially the same - a pass through to the ASICMINER asset.  I think bitfunder is a lot more difficult to work with as you have to go through WeExchange to get your funds in and out.  If you register an account on Btct.co, you can send bitcoins to your account and use those funds to purchase the ASICMINER-PT asset.  No middleman. 

I also find btct.co exceptionally easy to work with, straight forward and seemingly honest.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:36:01 PM

I like both, but one thing to keep in mind is that BTCT has very low limits for withdrawals. It can be very frustrating if you need your BTC fast, since sometimes it can take 8+ hours to have your funds released.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:55:25 PM

I like both, but one thing to keep in mind is that BTCT has very low limits for withdrawals. It can be very frustrating if you need your BTC fast, since sometimes it can take 8+ hours to have your funds released.

As a ltc-global shareholder, I think it's a good thing, because the extremely low amount of BTC kept in hot wallet. All big withdrawals are processed manually.  Less risk/damage of fuck ups.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
TheSwede75

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:12:20 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2013, 05:24:13 PM by TheSwede75

I have a feeling the stock is going to get WINGS today after Friedcats announcement on the ASICMINER thread reg. blades, USB miners en-route. I still don't think 'the public' (well, the small forum attending BTC interested public) has understood that ASICMINER not only now is a major hardware manufacturer, a virtual bank, a mining operation likely to mine a majority of all remaining BTC at this rate and a dividend paying investment.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:21:35 PM

I have a feeling the stock is going to get WINGS today after Friedcats announcement on the ASICMINER thread reg. blades, USB miners en-route. I still don't think 'the public' (well, the small forum attending BTC interested public) has understood that ASICMINER not only now is a major hardware manufacturer, a virtual bank, a mining operation likely to mine a majority of all remaining BTC at this rate and a dividend paying investment.

Feel free to buy my 50 shares at 1.45 :-)

(shameless plug to sell out!)
TheSwede75

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:11:33 AM

Feel free to buy my 50 shares at 1.45 :-)

(shameless plug to sell out!)

I have quite a few already and am waiting to sell until we hit about 2.5BTC a share. aka. around the announcement of the USB auction and next blade volume.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: