Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:11:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PrimeAsic - 80 Ghash/sec Asic Miner [SCAM]  (Read 67014 times)
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:47:23 PM

Their website has been updated.
I've called 76 times throughout the day and not once managed to get through, no replies to my emails either.
I was going to book a flight for tomorrow and go pick some up but not now.  Angry

vamdor

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:56:39 PM

At the contact part it says that "HRP Hungary Kft" is the company behind it. This is the company I wrote about earlier, and the one that the domains were registered to before changing to anonymous, see: http://whois.domaintools.com/btcasic.com
It's a pretty big one. Now that they are putting their name on it, it's much more believable than before.
MiningBuddy

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:59:24 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2013, 04:09:32 PM by MiningBuddy

At the contact part it says that "HRP Hungary Kft" is the company behind it. This is the company I wrote about earlier, and the one that the domains were registered to before changing to anonymous, see: http://whois.domaintools.com/btcasic.com
It's a pretty big one. Now that they are putting their name on it, it's much more believable than before.
I'll give HRP a call and see if they know anything, not holding much hopes here though.
Edit* Ugh ok forget that, no ones answering at that number or the telesales line either lol
Edit* Ok so I called the telesales line like 5 times, someone picked up the phone halfway through and just slammed it back down  Roll Eyes
Edit* Wow, what a rude company, FINALLY got through to someone at HRP after they put the phone down on me like 10 times in a row and the guy I spoke to said they have never heard of primeasic nor do they have anything to do with ASIC, more to the point he didn't know what an ASIC was? ...

This don't sound good guys

wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:06:26 PM

From their website:
~800W power usage on 220V

@ 220v!!!

Before, it was similar to an avalon/hash ratio. It just doubled. Yikes.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
kakobrekla

Activity: 714

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:10:57 PM

Well dunno whats with the change of address, I was here today;

No sign of EDI green at first sight, I asked about the company a non English speaking woman in that blue office you can see in the pic.
She did some mumbo jumbo and called English speaking EDI greens accountant, who was there in 5 min. She made a couple of calls around
(they have several different departments under that name or something), on the end even the boss Tomas or something, had no idea of ASIC or Bitcoin.

The accountant looked confused and even said 'Sorry guise :\' (for being a part of the joke).

While driving back home, the published phone started to ring but no answer on several tries.

kakobrekla

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:11:56 PM

From their website:

@ 220v!!!

You know, 800w at 1kV is about 800w at 1V. Just the current is different.

qiuness

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:13:43 PM

seeing as they offer paypal payment, which can be refunded in 45 days, that at least forces them to ship something...granted it might be an empty box (but as far as i know paypal still overs that)
MiningBuddy

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:17:18 PM

seeing as they offer paypal payment, which can be refunded in 45 days, that at least forces them to ship something...granted it might be an empty box (but as far as i know paypal still overs that)
I've been screwed by someone posting a brick to me once, paypal never covered it because there was tracking info from the seller and no proof from my part, though I've heard similar stories and people have won their case by recording an unboxing video.
Still, I would like to make a flight out there, talk to a real person and hand over real cash.

vamdor

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:28:50 PM

Based on the sign in the window, that's an accountant and tax consultant company. Edi green must be one of their many clients. They also probably let their clients use their address as the official address when registering. They forward their mails, answer any inquiries from the tax office or other government entities, but that doesn't mean that they know anything about the company.

(also google maps shows at least 5 other companies registered to the same address)
kakobrekla

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:29:25 PM

I'll give HRP a call and see if they know anything, not holding much hopes here though.
Edit* Ugh ok forget that, no ones answering at that number or the telesales line either lol
Edit* Ok so I called the telesales line like 5 times, someone picked up the phone halfway through and just slammed it back down  Roll Eyes
Edit* Wow, what a rude company, FINALLY got through to someone at HRP after they put the phone down on me like 10 times in a row and the guy I spoke to said they have never heard of primeasic nor do they have anything to do with ASIC, more to the point he didn't know what an ASIC was? ...

The pattern is clear.
I am preety sure he switched the fake companies because he knew we will be coming to EDI green today.

kakobrekla

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:30:20 PM

Based on the sign in the window, that's an accountant and tax consultant company. Edi green must be one of their many clients. They also probably let their clients use their address as the official address when registering. They forward their mails, answer any inquiries from the tax office or other government entities, but that doesn't mean that they know anything about the company.

(also google maps shows at least 5 other companies registered to the same address)

Sure, but I talked to EDI's accountant for 15 min or so.

MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:33:57 PM

Weight: 17kg.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 04:50:27 PM

I surrender! I have not read a single word in this thread, but am I correct in assuming there's another one of these guys that I somehow missed? I've already did my best to tear the other two entities new assholes, and my asshole shredder is getting worn out.

Allow me to get another cup of coffee so that I can read this thread in a more relaxed state. My only hope is that this better me entertaining. Can't wait to read which country this new outfit stems from.
MiningBuddy

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:53:17 PM

I surrender! I have not read a single word in this thread, but am I correct in assuming there's another one of these guys that I somehow missed? I've already did my best to tear the other two entities new assholes, and my asshole shredder is getting worn out.

Allow me to get another cup of coffee so that I can read this thread in a more relaxed state. My only hope is that this better me entertaining. Can't wait to read which country this new outfit stems from.
Please refuel the shredder and let's see what a fresh pair of eyes can bring to it all  Cool

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 05:04:06 PM

I tried to call the company to which the domain is registered, and that seems legit: https://www.hrp.hu/views_eng/pressroom/default.aspx

Didn't manage to speak with anybody for a while, when I finally did they told me in very bad english that they don't know what bitcoin or ASICs are.

Looks very bad, but I will do more research. It's very odd that a well established IT company with a well functioning webshop like HRP registeres an external domain to put on an amateurish website, to offer some product that is not displayed in their normal webshop... And it's even more odd that their telesale representatives don't even know what an ASIC or bitcoin is.

I really hope Primeasic guys are legit, even if it doesn't look like they are. I would love to come back from my Budapest trip with 3 or 4 80 Gigahash beasts Wink

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 05:05:15 PM

I've been screwed by someone posting a brick to me once, paypal never covered it because there was tracking info from the seller and no proof from my part, though I've heard similar stories and people have won their case by recording an unboxing video.
Still, I would like to make a flight out there, talk to a real person and hand over real cash.

I now make a smartphone video unboxing all packages i get with a value over 20€ plus take second person to it if possible because once i bought a phone and got delivered an empty package. At least i noticed that the weight is too low so i opened it while the postman was still there. I got my money back after some time from the post but it could have been another way if the thieve had replaced it with something similar heavy.

Better save than sorry...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 05:07:07 PM

Please refuel the shredder and let's see what a fresh pair of eyes can bring to it all  Cool

NO reply yet from the email I sent.

This is rather intresting

"Note: This is a mailing only address, local pickup address will be given after your order."
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 05:10:19 PM

Please refuel the shredder and let's see what a fresh pair of eyes can bring to it all  Cool

NO reply yet from the email I sent.

This is rather intresting

"Note: This is a mailing only address, local pickup address will be given after your order."

I think that means that they are impersonating a well established company like HRP (www.hrp.hu), which has their HQ's and shop in that address...

But they prefer us to go to some dark corner to be beaten up and robbed.

wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 05:14:04 PM

From their website:

@ 220v!!!

You know, 800w at 1kV is about 800w at 1V. Just the current is different.

Holy crap you are right. I couldn't believe it for a second. I got thinking about amp requirements and got my placement of shit mixed around. Thanks for making the math work again. Too bad it isn't real.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 06:20:08 PM

Please refuel the shredder and let's see what a fresh pair of eyes can bring to it all  Cool

Sorry! Can't provide a fresh pair of eyes for I've jacked off (note that I didn't pen BLOWJOB) so much during the reading of this thread, my eyes are squinted. I think I'm turning Japanese.

I guess we can consider this BitcoinTalk's first Hat Trick:

• Lightning Miner
  • Russian/Chinese Miner
  • Pyro Miner

Since it looks like none of these BASTARDS are not going to get scammer tagged, perhaps theymos would consider locking their accounts for 60 days, let's say. Somebody suggest that in Meta, please (or something similar).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: