Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:52:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PrimeAsic - 80 Ghash/sec Asic Miner [SCAM]  (Read 67012 times)
Beepbop

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 10:47:16 AM

If you mean the addresses on the website and the whois, people have not just driven by, but shown up and asked around. As far as I know, nobody has been given a pick-up address either. Yeah, looks like a total scam.
witherworth

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 10:52:32 AM

If you mean the addresses on the website and the whois, people have not just driven by, but shown up and asked around. As far as I know, nobody has been given a pick-up address either. Yeah, looks like a total scam.

Interesting! I haven't visited their site, do I wouldn't know about what's posted. Back when this thread first posted, I knew it smelt a little fishy...
ummas

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 02:42:41 PM

I was going to go for a drive over there... unfortynetly(or not) there was no answer for addres question.
nathanghart

Activity: 195

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 09:52:44 PM

These scams are pretty transparent to us, but we are not really the target. The target for most online scams are people who poorly have english as a second language. They cannot read through pages and pages of of a forum rebuttal to the initial post, but they can grasp enough of that post to believe if they send bitcoins to a certain address that they will get a magic money box. These scammers rely on the inability of the reader to fully comprehend what is being said, similar to the "Xbox box" ebay scams.

wait, wait a second....I'll take a magic money box. Where do I send the bitcoins?
But you gave up mining on 6-26-2012 Smiley

I'd be willing to get back in because magic..
ydenys

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 11:44:47 PM

Ha, 27 pages, Budapest non-mining ASIC developer. Cheesy

Buy your healthy scepticism from Dr Fable here: 1DRFBLErdgDuGbczm2XXBNLtWzgRUzx1Uy

There is not even a worthy whore left to fly for to Budapest, not even one…

[But thanks, got some wine to read this through – F1 qualy cancelled Sad ]
vdragon

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 11:48:02 PM

I am wondering if someone bought from him via paypal or btc...

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
qiuness

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 11:45:08 AM

i bought 2... well ordered... no money up front of course...
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 05:10:12 PM

http://bitbet.us/bet/284/primeasic-has-a-miner/

The maths of bitbet are complicated, but I'm hoping I make at least a few satoshi off my position on this one.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 12:40:28 AM

http://bitbet.us/bet/284/primeasic-has-a-miner/

The maths of bitbet are complicated, but I'm hoping I make at least a few satoshi off my position on this one.

Nicely done!

Is there a BFL won't deliver in March bet?

Or a BFL order placed today won't be delivered before the end of Semptember bet?

There indeed is one: http://bitbet.us/ first listed.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484

Across The Universe

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 07:36:57 AM

http://bitbet.us/bet/265/bfl-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-april-1st/#c217

Josh Comment , LOL
kayel

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 07:50:47 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2013, 04:19:18 AM by kayel

Well, I have been procrastinating this post because I was slightly embarrassed to admit I did place a order early on in this ruse.

Someone from the Gmail "primeasic@gmail.com" account acknowledged receipt of my order, and stated I would be receiving a shipping confirmation on Monday March 11 2013.  Of course, no email was received.  A few days later I sent a inquiry and of course I did not get a response.  Nothing has been heard since.   Of course I did consider this could be a scam prior to my order, but I took a gamble.  

I can confirm for all, it is a 100% complete scam.  Everyone who did the previous due diligence was correct; there are no ASIC's here.

Oh well, a fool and his precious btc were parted.  Thank you community for all your skepticism. Feel free to point and laugh at me now. Smiley

(corrected month from May to March)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 08:30:52 AM

Well, I have been procrastinating this post because I was slightly embarrassed to admit I did place a order early on in this ruse.

Someone from the Gmail "primeasic@gmail.com" account acknowledged receipt of my order, and stated I would be receiving a shipping confirmation on Monday May 11 2013.  Of course, no email was received.  A few days later I sent a inquiry and of course I did not get a response.  Nothing has been heard since.   Of course I did consider this could be a scam prior to my order, but I took a gamble.  

I can confirm for all, it is a 100% complete scam.  Everyone who did the previous due diligence was correct; there are no ASIC's here.

Oh well, a fool and his precious btc were parted.  Thank you community for all your skepticism. Feel free to point and laugh at me now. Smiley

I really don't understand why to take a gamble you have 0% chances to win. It was SO clear this was a scam. We warned it on every damn page of this post.

MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 08:45:16 AM

Someone from the Gmail "primeasic@gmail.com" account acknowledged receipt of my order, and stated I would be receiving a shipping confirmation on Monday May 11 2013.  Of course, no email was received.  A few days later I sent a inquiry and of course I did not get a response.  Nothing has been heard since.   Of course I did consider this could be a scam prior to my order, but I took a gamble. 

I can confirm for all, it is a 100% complete scam.  Everyone who did the previous due diligence was correct; there are no ASIC's here.

Oh well, a fool and his precious btc were parted.  Thank you community for all your skepticism. Feel free to point and laugh at me now. Smiley

I don't believe in putting salt in wounds so all I will say is sorry for your loss and thanks for your sacrifice.

If anyone learns from this it would have done some good.

If you have any left over, Could I have some?

LTC    LZbPXuDTy94shQj7A3rc9AoktHM5m1Rju9
BTC    1JkD2qFhmG8rBKghxZiMEPEn4bcVscm3rS
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 09:16:09 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2013, 09:28:02 AM by Sitarow

Someone from the Gmail "primeasic@gmail.com" account acknowledged receipt of my order, and stated I would be receiving a shipping confirmation on Monday May 11 2013.  Of course, no email was received.  A few days later I sent a inquiry and of course I did not get a response.  Nothing has been heard since.   Of course I did consider this could be a scam prior to my order, but I took a gamble.  

he's is trying to claim that we are the reason why there are no local pickups any more. it seems the photos are back up. his lies makes it sound believable. This scammer made no efforts to validate Software supposedly used on Claimed product. he states he has 50 units left. But no effort has been made to try to validate his claims. this includes any professional reply for sincere request for common business information that can be validated. you should only expect replies if you insist on being the next victim.this thread should be moved to the scam area.

like any good swindler he plays on the fears that you will miss out on an opportunity of a lifetime.presently states that he will not ship anything until he gets all the orders in first.
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 09:24:54 AM

I have some money left...I am thinking to buy one.
You're sure is a scam?
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 09:32:53 AM

Now, as there is at least one victim, the police should be engaged. They have means to find out who put the false advertisement and sent e-mails with the info where to send the BTC to.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 09:36:02 AM

I have some money left...I am thinking to buy one.
You're sure is a scam?
will here are some fun facts. as you know A typical Hungarian work day begins at 8 and ends at 5.
the problem is that the webpage only gets updated during mountain and Pacific Standard Time. And is usually only after 7 or 8 pm.

either this operation is nocturnal or is being ran from somewhere in the Western Hemisphere. Granted this could just be on outsourcing of a service. My question to you is have you ever gotten anyone to answer the phone that they set up during a typical Hungarian work  day? my answer to you is No!

Do not be surprised of this very well crafted scam.

One can speculate what motivates  the scam attempt.  perhaps they wish to buy Avalon units but are having a hard time raising funds.  so they are hoping that you're hard earned monies will be used to help purchase their Avalon orders  for their personal use.
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 09:38:23 AM

But I think they are real.
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 09:42:10 AM

VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 09:42:58 AM

Do not be surprised of this scam.

here, FTFY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: