Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:02:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KRB] Karbo (Ҝ) Кapбoвaнeць - Ukrainian Electronic Karbovanets CryptoNote  (Read 492969 times)
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:13:44 PM

WTF?   Huh I cant withdraw my coins from Cryptopia:

Angry That is bullshitcoin!
wll1rah

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 07:28:40 AM

WTF?   Huh I cant withdraw my coins from Cryptopia:

Angry That is bullshitcoin!

your wallet is crap, I created a wallet from the gui and it deleted my old private key and wallet address.
thanks for the loss of about 5k in coins.

I'm done with this coin.
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1101

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 08:24:12 AM

your wallet is crap, I created a wallet from the gui and it deleted my old private key and wallet address.

I'm done with this coin.
Sorry to see you go. How is that possible? Did you overwrote your wallet file? It is wise to have a backup of wallet file and keys, we even have paperwalett. I can do nothing more to prevent such things.

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
hugabase

Activity: 824
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 10:41:46 AM

I don't have problem withdraw from CRYPTOPIA..very FAST!!!
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 10:54:31 AM

We indeed have child pains, and problems which need to be fixed and we're working on it.

For miners, please switch to http://democats.org/pool/?name=karbowanec while we're investigating issues with pool.karbowanec.com

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
orti77

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:40:05 PM

I cannot connect pool.karnowanec.com:3333 and 52.40.254.22:3333 - I get error message "Connection timed out" or "Connection refused". I use the Windows GUI. Any ideas?
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 06:56:13 PM

I cannot connect pool.karnowanec.com:3333 and 52.40.254.22:3333 - I get error message "Connection timed out" or "Connection refused". I use the Windows GUI. Any ideas?
Please update your wallet and connect to democats pool, pool.karbowanec.com is down at the moment.
What's the another one? it requires authentication.

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
wll1rah

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:49:36 PM

I'm done with this coin.
Sorry to see you go. How is that possible? Did you overwrote your wallet file? It is wise to have a backup of wallet file and keys, we even have paperwalett. I can do nothing more to prevent such things.

It happened because  your wallet doesn't create a default wallet.
I was using the Windows x64 version.

your wallet by default does create a recieve hash and private key hash; however, it doesn't create a .wallet or . keys file.
Not really sure what you're telling me to have backed up since I had nothing to start with.

Also as I posted before the wallet needs a lot of work with transaction fee calculation, coin control, and declining invalid transactions i.e. sending to many coins at once.

by the way they never came back as you had stated that they should after 24 hrs and that was an additional 900 coins as well.
Nik4691

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:57:05 PM

by the way they never came back as you had stated that they should after 24 hrs and that was an additional 900 coins as well.
Try,
File>Reset Wallet.
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2016, 05:35:11 AM

I'm done with this coin.

your wallet by default does create a recieve hash and private key hash; however, it doesn't create a .wallet or . keys file.
Not really sure what you're telling me to have backed up since I had nothing to start with.

Also as I posted before the wallet needs a lot of work with transaction fee calculation, coin control, and declining invalid transactions i.e. sending to many coins at once.

It does, if you didn't change default path to something containing non-latin letters. But you are right, all you mentioned has to be fixed.

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 06:00:21 AM

Try,
File>Reset Wallet.
Yup, that worked for me.
wll1rah

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 08:07:31 AM

I'm done with this coin.

It does, if you didn't change default path to something containing non-latin letters. But you are right, all you mentioned has to be fixed.
I don't know about non-latin letters but I thought it would be in the usual default location on windows %driveletter%\users\%username%\appdata\roaming\%coinname%\
between percent signs are wild card not actually used.

It looks like the default for your coin is:  C:\ProgramData\karbowanec

So, I have my coins back now.   Grin

I try that reset after backup .
wll1rah

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 08:11:16 AM

Try,
File>Reset Wallet.
Yup, that worked for me.

That fixed my missing coins.  I would hate to have to do that when the block chain is larger.
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2016, 08:13:26 AM

I am glad you found your wallet. Make sure you have backup. It should concern any cryptocurrency. We store blockchain by default in C:\ProgramData, the same location Monero does. This is to prevent issues with non-latin folders and filenames in GUI while we didn't mitigate incorrect work with such folders in GUI. But storing blockchain in common place does make sense. We just need to move user specific wallet to his folder later.  

Upd.

Try,
File>Reset Wallet.
Yup, that worked for me.

That fixed my missing coins.  I would hate to have to do that when the block chain is larger.
Yes. We need to do something to stuck transactions. Possible way is to enlarge initial max blocksize so our transactions would fit and only insane ones would stuck. And for those we have to make check and error message, or split transaction in few smaller.
To enlarge allowed blocksize we gonna need hardfork.

This is still work-in-progress stage of the coin. I have limited time and resources to quickly make improvements.
In case I will find programmer to do stuff, will anyone donate to fund work?

Btw, dev donation address is in first post.

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
slb

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2016, 01:44:23 PM

Yes. We need to do something to stuck transactions. Possible way is to enlarge initial max blocksize so our transactions would fit and only insane ones would stuck. And for those we have to make check and error message, or split transaction in few smaller.

There is already a mechanism for handling this problem in the code. It's called fusion transactions. Simplewallet and the GUI do not take advantage of this code, unfortunately. It's the better way to go. Just my opinion.
We will add 3.5% donations for development on Democats. It will make the overall fee percentage 5%. It may look a bit high, but we truly believe development should be supported. Like plants need water, development needs motivation.

Forknote (create cryptocurrenies easy) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1079306.0
Dashcoin (anonymous cryptocurrency) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2016, 05:46:44 PM

There is already a mechanism for handling this problem in the code. It's called fusion transactions. Simplewallet and the GUI do not take advantage of this code, unfortunately. It's the better way to go. Just my opinion.
We will add 3.5% donations for development on Democats. It will make the overall fee percentage 5%. It may look a bit high, but we truly believe development should be supported. Like plants need water, development needs motivation.
I'm aware of fusion transactions. Got quick feedback, and agree that average users just want to send coins - any amounts,  not to dig into settings to enable some fusion transactions or split transactions. It looks strange, kind of crutches. But as a side option background optimization is nice and needs to be included of course.

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
eugenex

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 10:36:38 PM

assignment of the USSR ruble name

What are you placed a flag of Ukraine?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 07:28:17 AM

You will find all info about Karbovanets name, it's history and the meaning of the word in first post and Wikipedia.

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
yubit

Activity: 796
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 01:51:25 PM

When will be new version of GUI wallet?

Thanks

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 03:24:05 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2016, 03:39:41 PM by aiwe

When will be new version of GUI wallet?

Thanks
In first place we're going to do something to transactions limitations. We can wait as blocksize limit is slowly growing with current code but this is too long, or we can tweak coin's settings but this will be essentially a hardfork, and those who will not update will have errors and will stuck at height prior to too big block. If this change won't kill Karbo it will make it better. It is better to do it now while the network is small, and is basically one pool and one exchange.

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: