Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:15:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186362 times)
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:59:31 AM

I guess not, because bitcoin has the potential and made it to the top so it will take long time to be replaced in addition, people has already recognize the use of bitcoin as an investment, currency and asset etheir ways.
Nothing is impossible, we never know with the future, and now many people and big companies are making coins so if the coins are successful then immediately replace bitcoin.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
blue_dragon

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:02:52 AM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Yes, as you can see there are lots of cryptocurrency that have been discovered and still there are cryptos that are not discover at all, because of this we can say that there is a crypto that can replace the bitcoin in future but for now it will not. Because people are still believing on bitcoin.

TYPEcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:59:49 PM

I think if somebody will create something really cool platform with tons of apps and economic correct ecosystem this system could replace bitcoin for sure but it must be something unreally cool.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:05:24 PM

I don't see any altcoin taking over any time soon. Even ETH, Dogecoin, Litecoin, any coin isn't powerful enough to beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin has always been the base of all altcoins. Without Bitcoins, altcoins might not even be where it is today. In addition, altcoins nowadays are just there for people that are looking for a coin to trade. It doesn't have a use or purpose at all.

Exactly. Most altcoins are just pure speculation and do not deliver real uses cases in the mainstream world. There are many altcoins which are alike in terms of technology and usage such as NEO, Ethereum, and Cardano. While they implement different algorithms and extra features, they're much of the same because they're all smart contract platforms. In the end, none of these altcoins would be able to replace the original cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin, since they lack market recognition, and resilience unlike Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is getting stronger each day, and has the most hashrate in existence, making it the most secure cryptocurrency to date against any external attacks. (compared with most altcoins in existence). Of course, there's the concern about Quantum Computing attacks against Bitcoin, but I believe that it would upgrade its algorithm eventually to prevent such risks. Given that most altcoins depend on Bitcoin to succeed, it'll be hard for another cryptocurrency to take its place as king of cryptocurrency. The only possible situation would be for Bitcoin to fail, and another cryptocurrency with a better technology than the blockchain would come up in existence.

Despite all, we will continue to see Bitcoin as the top cryptocurrency in the market for years to come. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
learner 7

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:39:06 PM

I don't see any altcoin taking over any time soon. Even ETH, Dogecoin, Litecoin, any coin isn't powerful enough to beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin has always been the base of all altcoins. Without Bitcoins, altcoins might not even be where it is today. In addition, altcoins nowadays are just there for people that are looking for a coin to trade. It doesn't have a use or purpose at all.

Exactly. Most altcoins are just pure speculation and do not deliver real uses cases in the mainstream world. There are many altcoins which are alike in terms of technology and usage such as NEO, Ethereum, and Cardano. While they implement different algorithms and extra features, they're much of the same because they're all smart contract platforms. In the end, none of these altcoins would be able to replace the original cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin, since they lack market recognition, and resilience unlike Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is getting stronger each day, and has the most hashrate in existence, making it the most secure cryptocurrency to date against any external attacks. (compared with most altcoins in existence). Of course, there's the concern about Quantum Computing attacks against Bitcoin, but I believe that it would upgrade its algorithm eventually to prevent such risks. Given that most altcoins depend on Bitcoin to succeed, it'll be hard for another cryptocurrency to take its place as king of cryptocurrency. The only possible situation would be for Bitcoin to fail, and another cryptocurrency with a better technology than the blockchain would come up in existence.

Despite all, we will continue to see Bitcoin as the top cryptocurrency in the market for years to come. Just my thoughts Grin

You are absolutely right. Here it is said about the same: https://medium.com/@jimmysong/why-bitcoin-is-different-e17b813fd947
Ianhadi

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:48:16 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2018, 08:06:03 PM by Ianhadi

For now, I do not see any other cryptocurrency that defeats the king of Bitcoin. Bitcoin can be compared to COD in the sense that even when new things come out and their technology is much better and advanced (no major competitors and direct decent yet still), it will still be on top (I hate COD btw just make an analogy hehe) with small changes. Both, as determined, will continue to jostle until their support dies in favor of another or when they become obselete.
cloudproject

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:54:24 PM

hard to tell that
still many crypto or altcoin are good to and have a marked cap
but still the founder of altcoin can control it supply (market demand) so they can buyback their profit to keeping their price not higher enough and not fall enough to keeping their balance, so it still hard to decide that

●  ❱❱  IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Industry  ❱❱  ●
Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week
hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:27:14 PM

Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency

Bitcoin is like Mother/Father of all altcoins and it is very tough to replace it but not impossible.

There are many good projects coming this year and Egretia is one of the good project on which we have to keep eyes.

Don't consider it investment suggestion , do your own research before you invest anywhere.
LigwagGanern

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:37:13 PM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Maybe yes, bitcoin can be replace by another crypto currency but maybe it will take a long time to do replace it. Like bitcoin, bitcoin is almost 6 years and now it is the highest value in all type crypto, it is the number one crypto in all crypto. So that, it is possible that bitcoin will be replace someday.
Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:41:55 PM

Perhaps bitcoin is being upgraded in the future, that we already can’t call it bitcoin anymore. We need that strongly!
david tex

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:43:55 PM

you can not look only on the profit. the technology is whats gives a coin its value. if you have a bad or corrupt technology you can still make money, but on the long run you will fail. so look out for value not profit. different coins might bring a different value and coexist.
Telybin

Activity: 114

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:46:20 PM

I think replacing Bitcoin could be Ethereum. Because you can not have virtual currency without a blockchain, and the impact of the blockchain infrastructure will be far greater than any virtual currency. That's why so many blockchain enthusiasts are pouring into ETH. Ethereum is not just a virtual currency. It is a platform for building applications running on blockchain. Like Bitcoin, Ethereum has its own programming language, and it is much more robust and flexible than Bitcoin. Unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum does not appear to replace traditional coins, but rather to help with more secure transactions on the blockchain system. Ethereum has a single virtual currency called co-ether, but this currency is only useful on the Ethereum platform.
callmeback

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:56:21 PM

I dont know but if thats going to happen we dont have a choice but to accept the changes that will occur. But sometimes there will be other cryptocurrencies that are as valuable as bitcoin. But i think no one can replace it easily. Bitcoin is the main currency and it will be our future main money i guess. Because of this we can say that there is a crypto that can replace the bitcoin in future but for now it will not. Because people are still believing on bitcoin. People has already recognize the use of bitcoin as an investment, currency and asset etheir ways.
bentong talong

Activity: 383

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:58:53 PM

I think it is not possible in the long run. It will always protect its value. But sometimes there will be other cryptocurrencies that are as valuable as btc. But they will never replace it.. Btc is the main currency and it will be in the future...
I agree with you. I think Bitcoin will never be replaced by another cryptocurrency since the value is now profitable compared to other coins. It will take a decade to be as good as Bitcoin.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
nani culi

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:03:48 PM

I would choose monero all day, we have witness already that the community are capable of making the price of monero high and that only prove this asset is very valuable, in fact we can buy monero now at its cheap price and make profit one's it will start to rise again.
Dxdiax26

Activity: 267

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:31:48 PM

Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? I think this will not make sense, because Bitcoin is the mother of another cryptocurrency and this would be very difficult in my opinion if Bitcoin is replaced, but maybe one day Bitcoin could be replaced by another cryptocurrency and nothing is impossible. Maybe one day Bitcoin will be replaced by Ethereum.
IsabelCornd

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:08:50 PM

I don't think so... bitcoin have enough trust and good developers to be the best forever. If they will solve blocksize problem altcoin would be very far away.
Krispin47

Activity: 212

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:27:29 PM

Not believing that Bitcoin cannot replace by another crypto is becoming not open to the possibility that an upgraded and improved alt will arise. A lot of alts are still making to make sustain the needs of the people in different aspects and somehow to be in line or maybe beat Bitcoin from its popularity. No one can predict this but we shouldn't close it for the possibilities.
Whatever happens, still, Bitcoin is already benefit from us an vice versa and serves as a part of the cryptocurrency history.
putriliesma

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:30:51 PM

When we talk about cryptocurrency network, anything could happen in a short or long term. At the same lots of digital currencies existed following bitcoin which got vanished in a very short time. On this account the possibility of bitcoin getting replaced by some other digital currency is very low.
JhonVya

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:37:50 PM

At the level of popularity maybe, but that will not happen now, it should be many years and it should be an altcoin that has equal or greater potential.
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: