Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:04:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395416 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:53:08 AM

Does the value of Assets in an account count toward the snapshot or just the amount of free Nxt in the account balance?

No, value in assets does not count, only balance of NXT in account.

What is about the supernet Asset. A lot of users thought that the Supernet Asset was build to support the newest Ideas of NXT.
Now, the biggest and newest Idea is presented and Supernet wouldn't be mentioned. Or did i miss something?

Supernet has it's own roadmap.

Supernet has mostly cut its direct ties to Nxt and is not dependent on Nxt.

They are their own project and make their own decisions.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:55:27 AM

For those wishing to test, here is experimental release 1.9.1e.
It fixed a UI bug in 1.9.0e.

https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-9-1e/

We're very happy to get such a positive response to Ardor and we trust we'll deliver a good platform.

If you are or have a business and would like more information about Ardor and the possibilities of Child Chains, please send me a PM Smiley

SwedishGirl

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 10:54:26 AM

Why is this getting such low attention here? It's a great opportunity to get into a new project and the team is top notch.
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:04:15 AM

Why is this getting such low attention here? It's a great opportunity to get into a new project and the team is top notch.

If you have Twitter, or are on any trollbox at a Nxt exchange, spread the word. Smiley

SwedishGirl

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:21:41 AM

If you have Twitter, or are on any trollbox at a Nxt exchange, spread the word. Smiley

I am on it Wink Can we get some additional information for people who are not much in NXT but are interested in Ardor? Same number of coins as NXT? No development fund, no premines, no bounties? Just 1/1 swap for NXT holders based on the snapshot average?
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:32:16 AM

[random thought] If people are starting to look at fundamentals due to the eth/dao hack, nxt/ardor might have a strong case.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
SwedishGirl

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:49:40 AM

[random thought] If people are starting to look at fundamentals due to the eth/dao hack, nxt/ardor might have a strong case.

I have bought 2 btc worth of NXT recently as this is all I can spare at the moment but if the price of NXT holds or drops before the snapshot period starts, I will be looking to get some more.
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:54:22 AM

I have bought 2 btc worth of NXT recently as this is all I can spare at the moment but if the price of NXT holds or drops before the snapshot period starts, I will be looking to get some more.

You have time, even during the snapshot period Smiley

SwedishGirl

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:08:07 PM

Can you perhaps be so kind to answer this:

Can we get some additional information for people who are not much in NXT but are interested in Ardor? Same number of coins as NXT? No development fund, no premines, no bounties? Just 1/1 swap for NXT holders based on the snapshot average?
Jushe

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:43:31 PM

I'm interested to see how this plays out.
SwedishGirl

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:12:02 PM

Can we get some additional information for people who are not much in NXT but are interested in Ardor? Same number of coins as NXT? No development fund, no premines, no bounties? Just 1/1 swap for NXT holders based on the snapshot average?

Ok, never mind. So this is what I understood. Buying NXT now and holding it through the snapshot period gives us NXT 2.0 main net tokens, which will later give us the same amount of main net coins on the new chain. Holding NXT until the genesis block of 2.0 is created ensures that we also get the uquivalent of 50% of the transaction tokens for the first child chain. At the end of the day we also get to keep our NXT 1.9 if we want to.

All in all buying NXT now gives us a share in a total of 3 projects (NXT 1.9, NXT 2.0, First Child Chain). Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:32:47 PM

Ok, never mind. So this is what I understood. Buying NXT now and holding it through the snapshot period gives us NXT 2.0 main net tokens, which will later give us the same amount of main net coins on the new chain. Holding NXT until the genesis block of 2.0 is created ensures that we also get the uquivalent of 50% of the transaction tokens for the first child chain. At the end of the day we also get to keep our NXT 1.9 if we want to.

All in all buying NXT now gives us a share in a total of 3 projects (NXT 1.9, NXT 2.0, First Child Chain). Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

1. Same number of coins as the current amount of Nxt.
2. The dev and bizdev team are not holding back any Ardor, which is the consensus coin. They *will* keep back 50% of tokens on the first child chain, if no other funding is found.
3. Funding is actively being chased for many months now and we are in talks with parties. We're also chasing innovation money.
4. Premine doesn't make sense from a PoS point of view, but no, no coins kept back.
5. Bounties may become available, as we do have community funds and nxt foundation funds which could be used for such. Will keep you updated on this.
6. For the rest: yes, a 1:1 swap and you are in.

Extra: you don't need to hold Nxt until the Ardor Genesis block. After the 3 month snapshot, you will receive your Ardor tokens on the Nxt Asset Exchange which then can be traded if you wish. THOSE will be converted to Ardor on the new blockchain in the Genesis block. So there is at least a window to trade of half a year.

nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:19:37 PM

Where can we need to submit "snap shot"?
SwedishGirl

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:43:32 PM

No need to submit it, deves will take it, will average it after the period and then the Ardor tokens will be sent to each NXT address according to the snapshot average.
durerus

Activity: 321
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:59:04 PM

Biggest bug of ARDR or NXT is that they don't have enough swedish girls. Great to see them finally working on this now.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 05:26:47 PM

yah, don't jinx it

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:24:31 PM

deves will take it

The devs are not involved anymore in any of this, it's the software that takes care of it.
To quote Jean-Luc, the lead developer:

The number of ARDR asset shares starts at 1,000,000,000. At the snapshot end, after ARDR has been distributed to all accounts based on their average balances during the snapshot, whatever is left in the asset issuer account is deleted automatically. Currently 1,000,000 is expected to be left and deleted, if anyone burns more, this number will change.

You can observe this process on testnet, where the snapshot will end in 4 days. Click on the "Ardor Distribution Status" button in 1.9.1e to check current and expected ARDR token balances. Current is what you are guaranteed to get, expected is the total you will get assuming you maintain the same NXT balance in your account till snapshot end.

The asset issuer account is intentionally locked by setting account control with Genesis only on the whitelist, this way no more transactions can be issued out of this account. So there is no risk that someone can abuse and transfer ARDR assets out of it manually. And if anyone doubts the calculations, during or after the snapshot, set nxt.logFxtBalance to the account number you want to track and do a rescan, snapshot balances at each height for this particular account will be logged as it goes.

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/(ann)-ardor-or-nxt-2-0-a-scalable-child-chain-platform/msg219458/#msg219458

CryptoMaik

Activity: 594
Merit: 500

Blockchain entrepreneur✔

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:37:44 PM

Any exchanges available?

CryptoMaik ✔
DappInvestigator

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:05:27 PM

Any exchanges available?

You didn't read anything from the first post right ?

Launched in October and if you want Ardor token (fnxt), you need to buy and keep NXT in your wallet between july and october
Alondre

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Quiero mi bocadillo

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:23:43 PM

I dont understand Why people arent holding Huh Huh Huh  Ardor has a very big potencial... Nxt will increased the price 10x in one or two month, very easy...

```
Join the XEL revolution!  XEL - Decentralized Grid-computing
XEL WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | XEL DISCORD | XEL WIKI
```
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: