Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:29:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395417 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:17:44 AM

I think there might be some exaggeration in the statement of constant selling of millions. Since NXT was as low as 1000 sat, I expect a lot of people cashing out at blazing 300% gains. Whales have been around for ages, and the NXT ATH has been much higher than it is today, while the distribution used to be much worse due to rules of entropy.

You think whales don't profit from a tenfolding or hundreadfolding? You think they don't care? They have so much funds they can manipulate, if not create, the entire market.

I haven't reviewed this since the original post but the dumping was looked at here in detail-

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/some-clue-about-nxt-price-fall/20/

Bitrated user: vanlovely.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zugvogel21

Activity: 995
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 08:41:17 AM

Hello can someone please help me? I try to fork. Installed the rpi like the instroductions said.
The Client in Browser says Blockchain downloading. Block 888624 is displayed as last. So it should be synced, right?
Left is green point for connected and red one for dont generate blocks. But all my coins are over 1440 blocks confirmed already.
RPI says: Fine: switched to peers fork, Fine: Will process a fork of 2 blocks, mine is 1, Fine: Rollback from block ......... at hight ..... to ....... at ......, Then Fine: switched to peers fork, Sometimes Fine: average database trasaction time is 0.133 seconds.
I am really confused. Thx a lot.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
zugvogel21

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 02:51:12 PM

There is also standing now everytime downloading blockchain 1 block left. in the browser

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 03:07:49 PM

Hello can someone please help me? I try to fork. Installed the rpi like the instroductions said.
The Client in Browser says Blockchain downloading. Block 888624 is displayed as last. So it should be synced, right?
Left is green point for connected and red one for dont generate blocks. But all my coins are over 1440 blocks confirmed already.
RPI says: Fine: switched to peers fork, Fine: Will process a fork of 2 blocks, mine is 1, Fine: Rollback from block ......... at hight ..... to ....... at ......, Then Fine: switched to peers fork, Sometimes Fine: average database trasaction time is 0.133 seconds.
I am really confused. Thx a lot.

Do you happen to have at least 1000 coins? Can't forge if you have less than 1000 balance.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
zugvogel21

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 03:51:12 PM

I have about 7300 coins which have all over 1440 confirms.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
MrCluster87

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 04:19:50 PM

NXT/Ardor Platform to Make Blockchain Cheaper and Safer:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/nxtardor-platform-to-make-blockchain-cheaper-and-safer
freshman777

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 05:01:18 PM

I have about 7300 coins which have all over 1440 confirms.

Go to nxtforum.org and post your nxt.log file for devs to give their opinion.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 01:15:26 PM

The price made me laugh out loud this morning  Cheesy

Why? Is there a reason why we should be laughing? I think it is still too high to get in at these price. I am still awaiting for it to go down and have a fair bargain before buying.

I kinda expected it to go back down to 2k sat to be honest, not sure if it's gonna get there any time soon.
Also, I am getting about 150 NXT/day forging now, which is awesome

On what basis?

Holding NXT means you get Ardor, the more NXT you hold (the door), the more Ardor you get. This should act to increase demand in NXT, so a falling NXT price right now would not make sense. There may be a sharp fall in price in September running up to the Ardor distribution but they might be counteracted by late comers trying to get in the door through FOMO.

I feel the wider crypto community are ignorant to the Ardor release and many will be waking up as volume increases.

I have pointed out this before that we can use the price of NXT as a barometer to measure the interest in Ardor. If there is not much demand in NXT then we can see that not many people are interested in Ardor. Right now we are seeing that the NXT community got in to buy and hold NXT. We still have not seen outside the NXT community because there is not much chatter in the forum about Ardor. Everyone is busy talking about ETC and before that STEEM.

You are quite right, I believe, regarding price/barometer. But you forget the most important and the determining factor in NXT, since practically the very beginning: The fat wallets owners have one (logical) purpose. One only: To cash in on their holdings as fast (but orderly) as possible. Wouldn't you? They own many millions, tens of millions of it. And they won't be wealthy until they sell, at a decent price, most of their holdings. So the selling pressure is absolutely constant. At any price. And, logically, sucks up every wave of buying. The market doesn't allow for more of what has happened in the last few weeks (much bigger fish to catch) and therefore the price will continue going down... all the way to where it was before the Ardor announcement. No one of the small fish is selling (they are all accumulating ARDR), but the fat wallets are selling as much as they can and as quickly as they can. Like I said, they do it in an orderly fashion to keep the price from nosediving, but the selling is relentless. That was before ARDR and continues now that the influx from current holders have subside. That's how NXT "works".

As for Ardor itself, I have been trying to understand what it is and I believe I have it, finally. It's just a relative small advance in the same already existent technology. I guess what I was hoping for was some kind of actual REAL WORLD use of it. There's none. It isn't a technology that is going to be used by any real company. Any bank. Any retailer. Any exchange. Any country. It is a technology that will be used -as it is already- in the "Asset exchange", which is basically trading between a minimal group of people "assets" of no value or relevance in the real world. Or by chimeric "customers", such as NAUT or the Democracy thing that no country will ever use in the real world. So, again, it is something sold only to the exact same of convinced people with the exact same amount of resources but that is no closer to any mainstream use than it was two and a half years ago. Oh, and yes, the blockchain technology is being pushed in the real world, but it is being pushed (studied, experimented with...) by big REAL companies that will eventually come up with ready-to-implement solutions that will be sold to all the big companies (REAL ones) that are going to implement it.

As for the idea of decentralization... well, let's just say it is never, ever going to happen in the real world. Ever. And for good, evident reasons.

So now I finally understand that all the speak here -and in other boards- is directed at the "cult", not at the real world. But isn't it fun?

I do not know if what you say is true. But if you put it all together it could be precisely why they decided to make the NXT holders be also Ardor holders by snapshot. It will be those same people that will also become Ardor whales. They have definitely and clearly doubled their holdings when the Ardors are all given away.

But I still do not believe in what you are saying without proof.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
luis77

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:11:41 PM

Where can I see how many Ardors I have on Poloniex?

Did I "generated" Ardor in polo if I have it in open orders?

Someone? thanks

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:19:36 PM

Why? Is there a reason why we should be laughing? I think it is still too high to get in at these price. I am still awaiting for it to go down and have a fair bargain before buying.

I kinda expected it to go back down to 2k sat to be honest, not sure if it's gonna get there any time soon.

On what basis?

Holding NXT means you get Ardor, the more NXT you hold (the door), the more Ardor you get. This should act to increase demand in NXT, so a falling NXT price right now would not make sense. There may be a sharp fall in price in September running up to the Ardor distribution but they might be counteracted by late comers trying to get in the door through FOMO.

I feel the wider crypto community are ignorant to the Ardor release and many will be waking up as volume increases.

I have pointed out this before that we can use the price of NXT as a barometer to measure the interest in Ardor. If there is not much demand in NXT then we can see that not many people are interested in Ardor. Right now we are seeing that the NXT community got in to buy and hold NXT. We still have not seen outside the NXT community because there is not much chatter in the forum about Ardor. Everyone is busy talking about ETC and before that STEEM.

You are quite right, I believe, regarding price/barometer. But you forget the most important and the determining factor in NXT, since practically the very beginning: The fat wallets owners have one (logical) purpose. One only: To cash in on their holdings as fast (but orderly) as possible. Wouldn't you? They own many millions, tens of millions of it. And they won't be wealthy until they sell, at a decent price, most of their holdings. So the selling pressure is absolutely constant. At any price. And, logically, sucks up every wave of buying. The market doesn't allow for more of what has happened in the last few weeks (much bigger fish to catch) and therefore the price will continue going down... all the way to where it was before the Ardor announcement. No one of the small fish is selling (they are all accumulating ARDR), but the fat wallets are selling as much as they can and as quickly as they can. Like I said, they do it in an orderly fashion to keep the price from nosediving, but the selling is relentless. That was before ARDR and continues now that the influx from current holders have subside. That's how NXT "works".

As for Ardor itself, I have been trying to understand what it is and I believe I have it, finally. It's just a relative small advance in the same already existent technology. I guess what I was hoping for was some kind of actual REAL WORLD use of it. There's none. It isn't a technology that is going to be used by any real company. Any bank. Any retailer. Any exchange. Any country. It is a technology that will be used -as it is already- in the "Asset exchange", which is basically trading between a minimal group of people "assets" of no value or relevance in the real world. Or by chimeric "customers", such as NAUT or the Democracy thing that no country will ever use in the real world. So, again, it is something sold only to the exact same of convinced people with the exact same amount of resources but that is no closer to any mainstream use than it was two and a half years ago. Oh, and yes, the blockchain technology is being pushed in the real world, but it is being pushed (studied, experimented with...) by big REAL companies that will eventually come up with ready-to-implement solutions that will be sold to all the big companies (REAL ones) that are going to implement it.

As for the idea of decentralization... well, let's just say it is never, ever going to happen in the real world. Ever. And for good, evident reasons.

So now I finally understand that all the speak here -and in other boards- is directed at the "cult", not at the real world. But isn't it fun?

I do not know if what you say is true. But if you put it all together it could be precisely why they decided to make the NXT holders be also Ardor holders by snapshot. It will be those same people that will also become Ardor whales. They have definitely and clearly doubled their holdings when the Ardors are all given away.

I wouldn't expect differently from a bbc.reporter, of course. As usual, if you want the truth, just follow the money. I'm not going to do your work for you (although I could).
starsnshamrocks

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:27:31 PM

If I buy Next now will I receive Ardors?

Or solely those who held Next before July the 14th? 
barabbas
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:28:43 PM

You will receive Ardor even you buy NXT on Ostober 11th.
starsnshamrocks

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:30:59 PM

Perfect. Thanks for the quick info. Just wanted to make sure that the truly the "average" holding counts within that time span.
martismartis
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:05:02 AM

Perfect. Thanks for the quick info. Just wanted to make sure that the truly the "average" holding counts within that time span.

Note, that later you buy, less ardor in percentage comparing to your NXT amount hold you'll get. There will be 2160 snapshots totally, 1/2160 snapshot every 60 block during 14 july- 12 october period.
hdn

Activity: 682

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:46:45 AM

after 12 oct, can we sell ARDOR and how about the price..., still not understand very wel
martismartis
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 05:07:29 AM

after 12 oct, can we sell ARDOR and how about the price..., still not understand very wel

On 12 October you'll receive ARDR asset, which will be freely traded in NXT asset exchange at least. Not clear about centralized exchanges (poloniex, bittrex, etc.), as it depends solely from them, include this asset or not. Price will be market price, nobody can say what price will be Smiley
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 06:38:47 AM

On what basis?

I wouldn't expect differently from a bbc.reporter, of course. As usual, if you want the truth, just follow the money. I'm not going to do your work for you (although I could).

Then it is all talk. You accuse them of this or that but without the outstanding proof. If you want to make a difference why not show everyone with the corresponding proof? I support Ardor. I read what you post but it is hard to take seriously without the proof. I am sorry.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
wolffang

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 08:33:54 AM

Still not too late to get some #Ardor! Just buy and #hodl #NXT from now until the 12th of October.

www.ardorplatform.org
yubsep

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 09:06:19 AM

I bought some of NXT.. But didn't get ratio 1:1 for Ardor as they said!
Could i fix this?!!
freshman777

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 09:27:19 AM

I bought some of NXT.. But didn't get ratio 1:1 for Ardor as they said!
Could i fix this?!!

"They" said you will get ratio 1:1 if you buy and hold for 90 days from July 14th to October 12th. This is what "they" said and this is how it is.

If you bought some day after July 14th, after snapshots started, you will not get ratio 1:1. Suppose you buy today, July 29th and hold up until October 12th, you ratio will be 1:0.83

Don't hold at exchanges, withdraw to your own wallet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: