Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:46:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395428 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rachetx9

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:56:39 AM

Well, this is one of the reasons why the Nxt price has risen over the last weeks. It tripled in price what usually does not happen when a coin is facing a better successor named Ardor.
I assume that the price will skyrock as soon as the IGNIS snapshot date is released. Followed by a price collapse after the snapshot when most money flows back to Bitcoin or Ardor tokens.

"The ICO will be conducted on the Nxt blockchain, therefore one needs NXT coins to participate in it. "    - very wise decision. The price for NXT should rocket now. Waiting for the date of ICO to be announced.

Yes once the IGNIS snapshot is over I expect an epic dump of NXT. This will only be good for Ardor since it will be given a fair chance to blossom.
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:18:10 AM

wow we have crashed nearly 50% from the recent top. Is there anything that I don't know? Smiley This project seems nice, but the market's pessimism is being a little alarming right now Sad

It is not the matter of Ardor alone , it is the matter of all forks.  byteball airdrop  distribution is coming.  So, people sell to link  more coins  to get more free coins. After this the price will come back, IMHO
lwayvo

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:33:57 AM

Nxt/Ardor developer Riker has stated that most probably the Ardor launch will be in September.

and the IGNIS ICO? At the same time?

from marenkar (the NXT marketing guy) on Ardor's reddit:

"Also, the snapshot date is not even announced yet and Jelurida will be announcing that soon"

this make me think the date is set and they wait to announce it

iginis ICO? i thought that just need to hold next to receive ignis tokens.

the total IGNIS available will be 1 billion
500 millions will be distributed to NXT holders
the other 500 millions will be sold as an ICO

good luck making any profits with NXT/ARDR/IGNIS with their billion coin supply...
pokemail4me

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:07:10 PM

Nxt/Ardor developer Riker has stated that most probably the Ardor launch will be in September.

"Also, the snapshot date is not even announced yet and Jelurida will be announcing that soon"

good luck making any profits with NXT/ARDR/IGNIS with their billion coin supply...

you must look at the possible grow of the marketcap
the total coin supply by itself mean nothing, as people with sound logic would guess this by them self. but if you need examples, you can look at ripple, nem or iota. they have very big coins supply, way bigger than ardor, and got enormous gains those last months.

ardor marketcap is still low and have big growth potential

let say it get to the marketcap of nem, 1 ardr would worth 1.4$
let say it get in the 10top coins, the price would be around 20000sat
Jean-Luc

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 05:54:17 PM

50% of the Ignis coin supply, the first child chain of the Ardor platform, will be sold in an ICO to be performed on the Nxt blockchain. Updated Ignis ICO announcement by Jelurida:

https://www.jelurida.com/ico

lead Nxt developer, gpg key id: 0x811D6940E1E4240C
Nxt blockchain platform | Ardor blockchain platform | Ignis ICO
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:11:34 PM

Coin supply is NOT as important to market cap and overall price as you think it it is. As the market grows, supply becomes less and less of an issue. I've already made quite a bit of profit on this project/coin so there goes your argument. Please do some research before posting blanket statements such as this without a deep understanding of what you are talking about.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
bontol72

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:02:12 PM

Coin supply is NOT as important to market cap and overall price as you think it it is. As the market grows, supply becomes less and less of an issue. I've already made quite a bit of profit on this project/coin so there goes your argument. Please do some research before posting blanket statements such as this without a deep understanding of what you are talking about.

The ICO will start near the end of July or early August 2017 (exact date and time to be disclosed at least two weeks in advance).

marenkar

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:10:09 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2017, 09:23:51 PM by marenkar

The date is not set yet, at least from my knowledge. I, more than anyone else, would like a date to be set. I get people asking me this everyday, even if it's not my decision to make.

Jelurida has announced more information now though:

The Ardor Genesis Snapshot will be performed at least two weeks after the end of the last JLRDA sale round.

We can infer some information from this because they also stated that the ICO will happen late July or early August and that there will be multiple rounds.
bontol72

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:40:14 PM

The ICO will start near the end of July or early August 2017 (exact date and time to be disclosed at least two weeks in advance).

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg233685/?topicseen#msg233685

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/ignis-ico/msg233682/?topicseen#msg233682
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:42:30 PM

Anyone can make profits -and do- with the constant and growing influx of so called "dumb" money. But pretending that supply is "less of an issue" is, well just dumb.

Take a look at the most recent action in ETH. Do you think unlimited potential inflation/supply has anything to do with the steep correction? Well, seeing your opinion on this matter, you probably think it's been because of the weather...
bontol72

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:55:34 PM

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg233685/?topicseen#msg233685

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/ignis-ico/msg233682/?topicseen#msg233682

Buy NXT, while the price has decreased
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:16:51 AM

Read that launch is september. Is thia accurate?

bontol72

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:27:50 AM

Read that launch is september. Is thia accurate?

The Jelurida team is now happy to announce that the legal, technical and organizational preparations for the IGNIS ICO are entering their final stage. The ICO will start near the end of July or early August 2017 (exact date and time to be disclosed at least two weeks in advance).

The token sale itself will be conducted on the Nxt blockchain platform. A "controllable currency" called JLRDA will be issued and offered for sale in several consecutive rounds. The price of the JLRDA tokens will be denominated in NXT and will increase at each round. Each round will continue one week and there will be at least one week break between subsequent rounds. The first few rounds will be priced attractively compared to the 2:1 snapshot ratio, but the price will increase significantly for the later rounds.

CosaNostra1994

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:30:01 PM

What does this mean for ARDR? Will it's supply increase because of the NXT change to ARDR, and thereby cutting the price of ARDR dramatically or ?? Kind of missing the "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

The reason behind this all and the benefits that come from it are not easily to come by. 90 percent of the information out there is about the how but not about  the WHY.

If I am sounding like a dumbass you are probably right, but please explain the above to me.

Please
Zer0p0inT

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:30:39 PM

I also have same question as CosaNostra. And what does Ardor have to do with Ignis ICO, how are they related? Sorry for noob question, I'm technologically retarded.

SHITCOINS ARE THE FUTURE
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6288

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:48:08 PM

What does this mean for ARDR? Will it's supply increase because of the NXT change to ARDR, and thereby cutting the price of ARDR dramatically or ??

No. Do you know what Ardor is meant to be? Read the thread title.

ARDR = main chain (supply: 1 billion)
IGNIS = first child chain. (supply: 1 billion)

I don't know why you are thinking that the supply will increase. That distribution (1 + 1 bn) was communicated from the beginning of the NXT2.0/Ardor plans.

The reason for the child chain model is scalability: Child chains can be almost completely pruned. And so the transaction capacity per kB of blockchain space will be MUCH higher (35 times higher with 100 tx/min, with more tx/min even less) than with Bitcoin. (See the original NXT 2.0 overview, although in this text you won't find the word "Ignis" because the name of the child chain wasn't decided at that moment).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Metros

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:25:31 PM

God what a mess.

So I should sell my NXT/ARDOR asap?

I don't understand what is this ICO about and how it is related to NXT/ARDOR
bontol72

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:32:32 PM

God what a mess.

So I should sell my NXT/ARDOR asap?

I don't understand what is this ICO about and how it is related to NXT/ARDOR

IGNIS distribution

The total amount of IGNIS coins issued will be equal to half of the amount of NXT coins existing on the Nxt blockchain at the time of the Ardor Genesis Snapshot, plus 500 M (five hundred million).

As already promised, approximately half of the IGNIS coins will be reserved and distributed automatically to the NXT holders based on their account balances at the time of the Ardor Genesis Snapshot, at 1 NXT = 0.5 IGNIS ratio.

From the remaining 500 M (five hundred million) IGNIS, 420 M (four hundred and twenty million) will be offered to the general public in a crowdsale (ICO), and 80 M (eighty million) will be kept by Jelurida. The funds raised during the IGNIS token sale will be used for the further development, maintenance, advancement and world-wide promotion of the Nxt and Ardor blockchain platforms, as well as protecting the intellectual property of the code base.

The Jelurida team is now happy to announce that the legal, technical and organizational preparations for the IGNIS ICO are entering their final stage. The ICO will start near the end of July or early August 2017 (exact date and time to be disclosed at least two weeks in advance).

The token sale itself will be conducted on the Nxt blockchain platform. A "controllable currency" called JLRDA will be issued and offered for sale in several consecutive rounds. The price of the JLRDA tokens will be denominated in NXT and will increase at each round. Each round will continue one week and there will be at least one week break between subsequent rounds. The first few rounds will be priced attractively compared to the 2:1 snapshot ratio, but the price will increase significantly for the later rounds.

cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:59:21 PM

Could you please explain to the crypto retarded what this means for Ardor? Is it time to dump Ardor and buy more NXT?

bontol72

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:02:19 PM

Could you please explain to the crypto retarded what this means for Ardor? Is it time to dump Ardor and buy more NXT?

ARDR distribution

The ARDR coin distribution will be 100% based on ARDR asset balances from the Nxt blockchain, in 1:1 ratio, with each user account automatically receiving the same number of ARDR coins on the Ardor platform as the number of ARDR tokens they have at the time of the snapshot. As a reminder, ARDR tokens on the Nxt blockchain were allocated to NXT holders based on their average NXT balances during a three month period in 2016. ARDR tokens have been freely tradeable ever since. No new ARDR coins will be created.

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: