Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:39:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395425 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:48:06 AM

Great project and time to invest because price is very low. With development and news coming Ardor should rise very soon.

Yeap, both NXT and Ardor are in buy zone. I  have bought a bunch of Ardor recently  and now  is focusing on NXT to invest at the  first round of ICO  that gives the chance to get more IGNIS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ekoja

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:00:27 AM

The first round of ICO will start on August, 5th with the price of 0.4 NXT of 1 JLRD. The starting date for the last one is October 7th and the price 1.45 NXT. The Ardor platform will be launched in Q4 instead of Q3 planned The snapshot at the end of October  https://www.jelurida.com/ico

Where can I find a good instruction on what IGNIS? 

Why another ICO?
habraken

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:23:30 AM

The first round of ICO will start on August, 5th with the price of 0.4 NXT of 1 JLRD. The starting date for the last one is October 7th and the price 1.45 NXT. The Ardor platform will be launched in Q4 instead of Q3 planned The snapshot at the end of October  https://www.jelurida.com/ico

It's the first chain on the Ardor platform.

Why another ICO?

Another? Were there any ICO's before? Yes, in 2013 with Nxt itself. But I think that's about it.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:26:02 AM

Why another ICO?

Info here: https://www.jelurida.com/

another ICO? I think IGNIS is the second ICO in "NXT History" after the original...
adsamy

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:36:49 AM

I am very happy with the increase in the two days. I made a small profit. This is the first time I bought a coin. I always have ADOR in my hand because I believe its value is far undervalued
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 10:21:23 AM

what do you think about NXT, ARDR & IGNIS?

If the question is for me, NXT was a great project marred by the horrible distribution and overall greediness of the main holders/developers. Great tech never given a real chance because of those and other circumstances, such as the inability to make it simpler to understand and use and the inability to simply make it KNOWN.

ARDOR is supposed to be the natural evolution of NEXT and, as such, have many more and much improved features. They , the developers, have had over a year to bring this to fruition and so far have not produced anything except for untested pretenses (untested under stress conditions, that is). Even if those pretenses are close to reality when the product finally sees the light there will be in affect already and in very advances stages of development much more advances products by at least half a dozen projects, with many more in earlier stages.

IGNIS I don't even know what it is. It seems to me just another clone token/asset. A necessary part of the con that this entire project has become.

I'm just pissed they had to invent a bazzilion coins to add to the ARDR mainchain. Why could they not have just rolled NXT into the ARDR blockchain and in a way NXT would have been IGNIS. No new ICOs and money begging, just build ARDR and run NXT on top of it. NXT would've been the main transactional token and other chains could've joined it.

These days it seems if you want free money you just release an ICO. I need a new washing machine, therefore I plan to release WASHCOIN and later on CLEANCOIN.

*Sigh* Anyways....

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:57:47 AM

If the question is for me, NXT was a great project marred by the horrible distribution and overall greediness of the main holders/developers. Great tech never given a real chance because of those and other circumstances, such as the inability to make it simpler to understand and use and the inability to simply make it KNOWN.

ARDOR is supposed to be the natural evolution of NEXT and, as such, have many more and much improved features. They , the developers, have had over a year to bring this to fruition and so far have not produced anything except for untested pretenses (untested under stress conditions, that is). Even if those pretenses are close to reality when the product finally sees the light there will be in affect already and in very advances stages of development much more advances products by at least half a dozen projects, with many more in earlier stages.

IGNIS I don't even know what it is. It seems to me just another clone token/asset. A necessary part of the con that this entire project has become.

I'm just pissed they had to invent a bazzilion coins to add to the ARDR mainchain. Why could they not have just rolled NXT into the ARDR blockchain and in a way NXT would have been IGNIS. No new ICOs and money begging, just build ARDR and run NXT on top of it. NXT would've been the main transactional token and other chains could've joined it.

These days it seems if you want free money you just release an ICO. I need a new washing machine, therefore I plan to release WASHCOIN and later on CLEANCOIN.

*Sigh* Anyways....

Because it was impossible to do technologically, as Ardor is completely new/different design of blockchain platform.
habraken

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 11:13:50 AM

And NXT holders received Ardor for free, and half of Ignis for free. The other half goes to further development and marketing, which also benefits investors.
If the devs just wanted an ICO money grab, they'd have abandoned NXT and NXT holders, and just do a full ICO for the Ardor platform.

NXT devs are very kind to old NXT investors Smiley
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 11:25:23 AM

*Sigh* Anyways....

Because it was impossible to do technologically, as Ardor is completely new/different design of blockchain platform.

Maybe you may know better, but they could've just migrated the tokens to the slightly different blockchain maybe. I guess it doesn't matter all that much. I suspect NXT will die a slow death.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 11:32:41 AM

And NXT holders received Ardor for free, and half of Ignis for free. The other half goes to further development and marketing, which also benefits investors.
If the devs just wanted an ICO money grab, they'd have abandoned NXT and NXT holders, and just do a full ICO for the Ardor platform.

We shall see. It's too early to tell Smiley

talkingdreams

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:59:53 PM

Are you sure about the free Ardor?

The ARDR coin distribution will be 100% based on ARDR asset balances from the Nxt blockchain, in 1:1 ratio, with each user account automatically receiving the same number of ARDR coins on the Ardor platform as the number of ARDR tokens they have at the time of the snapshot.

This is what is says on the website, you get free ARDR on the amount of ARDR you got not NXT.

On the other hand will IGNIS have any special features?
KGBx

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 08:49:39 PM

FYI, newcomers!
Did you know you can mine NXT (and buy Ardor with it on the Nxt Asset Exchange!) in the Lucky node project?
Computational and bandwidth requirements are very low - some users run it on a Raspberry Pi.
Run the node 24/7 or as often as you can while you work or play.
Join in with the over 100 nodes that are already in the project.

Thanks for this interesting information. I'll definitely read more and will try to set a node myself. My computer usually runs 24/7 Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
CryptoGreenT

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:33:39 PM

I am very happy with the increase in the two days. I made a small profit. This is the first time I bought a coin. I always have ADOR in my hand because I believe its value is far undervalued

I got to say that i believe the same as well, ardor is a great project but for now it's still under the rader due to the invasion of  ICOs in the last 3 months.

I bought ardor a bit of ardor when the price was higher so I'll hang on to them even because I believe in it.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:43:10 PM

Are you sure about the free Ardor?

The ARDR coin distribution will be 100% based on ARDR asset balances from the Nxt blockchain, in 1:1 ratio, with each user account automatically receiving the same number of ARDR coins on the Ardor platform as the number of ARDR tokens they have at the time of the snapshot.

This is what is says on the website, you get free ARDR on the amount of ARDR you got not NXT.

On the other hand will IGNIS have any special features?

The ARDR asset on the NXT platform indeed came from Nxt snapshot last year. As I got my ARDR tokens from my NxT . Now the website pertains to the main blockchain itself of ArDor which is now on its beta phase.
 If you  just bought ARDR from an exchange now that is what the website meant by 1:1 ratio of your ARDR asset from Nxt blockchain.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:02:04 AM

https://www.nxter.org/nxt-news-july-2017-iv/
lurning

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:01:59 AM

Can you please make the differences between Ardor (ARDR) and Ignis more clear?

From what I understood Ardor is used for the transactions and Ignis is the actual "money"? Is that correct?

And if so. How should one distribute between those two? Get as many ARDR as Ignis? More ARDR, more Ignis?

I am totally confused about this.
CryptoGreenT

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:18:00 AM

Why another ICO?

Another? Were there any ICO's before? Yes, in 2013 with Nxt itself. But I think that's about it.

So after nxt, ardor no other coin has been created on the nxt platform? That’s sad to hear this project has great potential hope to see more chains built on this platform!

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
pokemail4me

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:42:38 AM

From what I understood Ardor is used for the transactions and Ignis is the actual "money"? Is that correct?

And if so. How should one distribute between those two? Get as many ARDR as Ignis? More ARDR, more Ignis?

you are correct
Ardor is more to protect the child chains, and receive the fees. it is the technical side

IGNIS will be the usable side with all NXT functions and more

How should you distribute your money between the two is your decisions, it's up to you to make your choice.
I AM THE TRUTH

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:44:15 AM

Why another ICO?

So after nxt, ardor no other coin has been created on the nxt platform? That’s sad to hear this project has great potential hope to see more chains built on this platform!

I am a little confused. Is JLRD the same as IGNIS? Will JLRD be converted to IGNIS when the
Platform is launched?

Undecided
lurker10

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:16:38 PM

ARDR is a forging token of the parent chain of the Ardor platform. ARDR is a locomotive, an engine that pulls the "cars" (child chains). Can't do without an engine, it's very valuable. Only the parent chain and Ardor token can do forging.

IGNIS is one of the child chains. It is the first default community child chain, it very likely will be the most decentralized of all child chains. These characteristics give it value.

Users of all child chains will have to pay fees to have their "cars pulled" (transactions processed into blocks) to users who own Ardor tokens and do forging (act as the engine).

The more child chains the platform will host and the more activity within those child chains, the more demand for Ardor tokens and the more profit to forgers.

Private and public child chains can be ordered to be added to the platform by companies, communities, towns, etc. They will all have to pay fees to forgers to have their transactions processed. This locomotive can pull many "cars". I hope this helps to understand the Ardor design better.

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: