Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:29:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395414 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lurning

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:16:30 PM

ARDR is a forging token of the parent chain of the Ardor platform. ARDR is a locomotive, an engine that pulls the "cars" (child chains). Can't do without an engine, it's very valuable. Only the parent chain and Ardor token can do forging.

IGNIS is one of the child chains. It is the first default community child chain, it very likely will be the most decentralized of all child chains. These characteristics give it value.

Users of all child chains will have to pay fees to have their "cars pulled" (transactions processed into blocks) to users who own Ardor tokens and do forging (act as the engine).

The more child chains the platform will host and the more activity within those child chains, the more demand for Ardor tokens and the more profit to forgers.

Private and public child chains can be ordered to be added to the platform by companies, communities, towns, etc. They will all have to pay fees to forgers to have their transactions processed. This locomotive can pull many "cars". I hope this helps to understand the Ardor design better.

Thanks for that explanation!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:52:10 PM

ARDR is a forging token of the parent chain of the Ardor platform. ARDR is a locomotive, an engine that pulls the "cars" (child chains). Can't do without an engine, it's very valuable. Only the parent chain and Ardor token can do forging.

IGNIS is one of the child chains. It is the first default community child chain, it very likely will be the most decentralized of all child chains. These characteristics give it value.

Users of all child chains will have to pay fees to have their "cars pulled" (transactions processed into blocks) to users who own Ardor tokens and do forging (act as the engine).

The more child chains the platform will host and the more activity within those child chains, the more demand for Ardor tokens and the more profit to forgers.

Private and public child chains can be ordered to be added to the platform by companies, communities, towns, etc. They will all have to pay fees to forgers to have their transactions processed. This locomotive can pull many "cars". I hope this helps to understand the Ardor design better.

and NXT will be gone and worthless? or what will happen to this blockchain and all the features NXT provides?
lurker10

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:45:40 PM

and NXT will be gone and worthless? or what will happen to this blockchain and all the features NXT provides?

It depends on demand. If community stops using it favoring Ardor instead, it can fade away, and Ardor will carry on from there. Jelurida have expressed their intention to keep engineering support of Nxt, but it's up to the users what's going to happen. Honestly, Ardor supersedes Nxt beautifully and there should be no need for Nxt once Ardor is an established network, but again, users have the final say.

In my opinion we haven't seen the ultimate bubble in crypto, far from it. Cryptocurrency industry has yet to earn its first Trillion USD marketcap, and I believe it will be more than one Trillion. Ardor alone or with Nxt together, being unique, secure and mature cryptocurrency products, will get a nice share of this pie in the years to come.

Münzpräger

Activity: 1596
Merit: 362

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:55:26 PM

Can you please make the differences between Ardor (ARDR) and Ignis more clear?

From what I understood Ardor is used for the transactions and Ignis is the actual "money"? Is that correct?

And if so. How should one distribute between those two? Get as many ARDR as Ignis? More ARDR, more Ignis?

I am totally confused about this.

This is a great explanation, ELI5 proof  Grin. I wish Jelurida would be able to communicate to a broader non-IT audience like that. Everywhere you look there's these questions about Ignis and Ardor.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:15:14 PM

It depends on demand. If community stops using it favoring Ardor instead, it can fade away, and Ardor will carry on from there. Jelurida have expressed their intention to keep engineering support of Nxt, but it's up to the users what's going to happen. Honestly, Ardor supersedes Nxt beautifully and there should be no need for Nxt once Ardor is an established network, but again, users have the final say.

In my opinion we haven't seen the ultimate bubble in crypto, far from it. Cryptocurrency industry has yet to earn its first Trillion USD marketcap, and I believe it will be more than one Trillion. Ardor alone or with Nxt together, being unique, secure and mature cryptocurrency products, will get a nice share of this pie in the years to come.

but this sounds like sell all my NXT for Ardor after the Ignis tokens are distributed. i only need my nxt to get free ignis.
lurker10

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:24:16 AM

but this sounds like sell all my NXT for Ardor after the Ignis tokens are distributed. i only need my nxt to get free ignis.

As I said earlier, after Ardor is launched demand for Nxt will be in the market's hands.
I am sure many people will do exactly what you said. Personally, I will keep some Nxt and will continue to run nodes and forge, both Nxt and Ardor.

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:34:32 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 06:49:59 AM by martismartis

Many things are explained by Lior Yaffe, one of the core devs interview: http://neocashradio.com/blog/nxt-ardor-ignis-ico-explained-interview-lior-yaffe-jelurida/
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:08:35 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 02:28:56 PM by naska21

@lurker10, Hi, have some questions
1) zero-balance- Nxt- account (NXT=0 and ARDR =0) :   will  it be transferred to ARDOR platform at the launch.  
2) Being on Ardor platform, will it be possible to transfer some ARDR to other account? If, yes,  what token such transfer will require as a fee, ARDR or IGNIS?
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 02:12:36 PM

so do you get ignis with ardor? or only with nxt?
ekoja

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:07:57 PM

Only with nxt, I think. That's the reason that nxt's price increases a lot recently.
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:40:25 PM

Only NXT. More details are here: www.jelurida.com/ico
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:44:34 PM

@lurker10, Hi, have some questions
1) zero-balance- Nxt- account (NXT=0 and ARDR =0) :   will  it be transferred to ARDOR platform at the launch. 
2) Being on Ardor platform, will it be possible to transfer some ARDR to other account? If, yes,  what token such transfer will require as a fee, ARDR or IGNIS?

1) Nothing will be transferred or distributed as both are 0. The same passphrase will open the same account id on Ardor.
2) Yes, fee will be in ARDR. ARDR token will be forging, can be transferred, leased to another account, traded in coin exchange inside Ardor platform. Nothing more. All Nxt features will have Ignis.
algreen

Activity: 403

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:34:05 PM

Only with nxt, I think. That's the reason that nxt's price increases a lot recently.

Just some days to Ignis ico, i think that NXT price will rise before ico start. Good chance to buy NXT now, many altcoins was dumped on BCC hardfork panic. And we can hold NXT for Ignis snapshoot too.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:05:56 AM

Is the mainnet active for ARdor? I have collected enough tokens to forge . As I am so excited to see the new and independent ARDor wallet. Hope it will be releasing soon.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
shade_wrath

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:05:27 AM

Wonderful explanation! .. Bulls eye and very basic terms to help create the awareness about Ardor and child projects based on this platform.  Smiley

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:28:38 AM

Is the mainnet active for ARdor? I have collected enough tokens to forge . As I am so excited to see the new and independent ARDor wallet. Hope it will be releasing soon.

Not yet, according to the  latest news Ardor will go live at the beginning of November. If you are curious, you can test Ardor testnet at https://ardor.jelurida.com/

You can feel some timeline here: www.jelurida.com/ico
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:40:31 AM

No, take a look at their roadmap here https://www.jelurida.com/ardor-roadmap
san2ok

Activity: 638
Merit: 254

Supporter of DGB, XEM

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:42:42 PM

PAPER WALLET for upcoming ARDORplatform.org and Frasindo.com both on progress

Frasindo team will release a lot of products only on ARDOR, STELLAR, and DASH. 3platforms we love

hopefully our upcoming crowdsale is a success

Sample (Click on picture, for zoom)=

15x15cm

martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:46:44 PM

v1.11.6 is now released https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=13853.0

Changelog:
IMPORTANT LICENSING CHANGE:

The Nxt software is now distributed under the Jelurida Public License (JPL)
version 1.0 for the Nxt Public Blockchain Platform. The full text of the JPL
is in the LICENSE.txt file (use JPL-NRS.pdf for a printable version).

The client UI remains under the MIT license.

This release is a mandatory upgrade. A hard fork will be scheduled at the
Ardor Genesis Snapshot block, expected to be set some time after the end of
the IGNIS token sale. At that time, nodes running 1.11.5 or older will be left
on a fork.

Added IGNIS Token Sale page. See https://www.jelurida.com/ico for latest token
sale terms and schedule.

Added support for the Changelly cryptocurrency exchange.

Added code to disable trading or transferring of assets that will be migrated
to Ardor after the Ardor Genesis Snapshot, and delete open ask/bid orders for
them at that time. Currently such assets and their ids are:

ARDR: 12422608354438203866
Bitswift: 12034575542068240440
Janus: 4348103880042995903
JanusXT: 14572747084550678873
ComJNSXT: 13363533560620557665

Added support for printing a "paper wallet" when creating a new account and
from the account details modal.

Added a custom installer panel that allows to: shutdown NXT server if it is
running; remove existing installation; customize conf/nxt.properties by
choosing from a fixed set of settings.

The pre-defined installer settings are taken from property files under
conf/examples. The installer makes sure no settings are in conflict.

Added password recovery tool for brute forcing partially forgotten or mistyped
passphrases. Use the passwordRecovery.sh or passwordRecovery.bat script to run,
after first setting the known password text fragments and guesses dictionary in
nxt.properties. See nxt-default.properties for configuration details.

Added ability to display a custom warning message on the login screen,
configurable as nxt.customLoginWarning.

Added active shufflings notification in the header bar.

Added image loading progress bar to the lock screen.

Performance optimizations when under higher transaction load.

Monetary System UI improvements and bugfixes.

API gzip filter is now automatically enabled for open API nodes, unless
explicitly disabled in nxt.enableAPIServerGZIPFilter.

Support running Nxt as a Windows service.

Updated mobile app to latest Cordova Android platform.

Added IntelliJ IDE project files to folder ./ide/intellij/project, developers
working on the source code should copy the content of folder
./ide/intellij/project to the root folder of the project and open the project
from inside IntelliJ using File-Open for the project root folder.
The IntelliJ project is pre-configured with the necessary dependencies to build
and run the Java source code.
To copy the IntelliJ files to the project root folder, open a command prompt
at the project root folder and issue the following command:
Windows: xcopy /e/k/s/h ide\intellij\project .
Linux: cp -r ide/intellij/project/. .

Updated H2 to version 1.4.196, bouncy castle to 1.57, and jetty to 9.3.20.
Delete the old lib folder first if unpacking on top.
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:46:37 AM

The Ignis Token Sale Whitepaper has now been published by Jelurida - https://www.jelurida.com/sites/default/files/JeluridaWhitepaper.pdf
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: