Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:56:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Plutus [PLU] — Earn 3% Back in Crypto on Every Debit Card Payment  (Read 97532 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
David_Plutus

Activity: 187
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 09:26:42 AM

Pilot Card Update

We've had a little shake up on the pilot card update front. Our testers are likely to receive access to our mobile application first, prior to the PlutusDEX, which will follow very shortly after.

We're happy to say that this will not impact our estimated public roll out time. Plutus 2.0 is closer than ever  Cheesy
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCCoaster

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 09:57:40 AM

From your update

'Card Production
Our physical Plutus Debit Cards are in production right now and we expect a final delivery date from the manufacturers anytime now. We can then phase out our pilot programme test cards with the real thing — shipping to both UK and EEA users in planned stages.'

Does this mean you will share some images of the card with us soon??
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2019, 01:12:22 PM

From your update

'Card Production
Our physical Plutus Debit Cards are in production right now and we expect a final delivery date from the manufacturers anytime now. We can then phase out our pilot programme test cards with the real thing — shipping to both UK and EEA users in planned stages.'

Does this mean you will share some images of the card with us soon??

You can see the finalised card design on the landing page of our website  Cheesy

Come and join us on our Discord server, if you haven't already, where we're having a vote on which sticker design should be included to come along as a little extra when a user receives their Plutus Debit Card!
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 08:46:50 AM

Discussion - Facebook's Libra Coin

It's been referred to as the 'most talked about digital currency in history', and it's still early days.

Facebook's Libra Coin might go against the typical notions of a digital currency, but can it bring about true mass adoption?

What do you guys think?
coinfused.so

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

ZEN

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 09:02:31 AM

Discussion - Facebook's Libra Coin

It's been referred to as the 'most talked about digital currency in history', and it's still early days.

Facebook's Libra Coin might go against the typical notions of a digital currency, but can it bring about true mass adoption?

What do you guys think?

Fuck FB and their tokens. What we think.
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 12:36:33 PM

Fuck FB and their tokens. What we think.

I think this tweet might be predicting the future when it comes to Libra coin. In many ways, it doesn't seem like a true cryptocurrency to me.
BTCCoaster

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 03:05:57 PM

I always though that the FB coin would be a stablecoin. seems i am wrong. I wonder if there's room to make any profits out of it
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2019, 08:15:46 AM

I always though that the FB coin would be a stablecoin. seems i am wrong. I wonder if there's room to make any profits out of it

In my mind, it made the most sense for it to be a stablecoin. I wonder how it will hold up under the typical volatility of the crypto market what with the typical user likely being averse to high volatility  Huh
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 09:02:17 AM

Pilot Card Update

Awesome news people!  Cheesy

The final phase of internal testing of the Plutus 2.0 Mobile Application is almost complete.

We're beginning the process of rolling out the new and improved Plutus Mobile Application to our pilot card testers today  Cheesy
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 09:25:43 AM

In my mind, it made the most sense for it to be a stablecoin. I wonder how it will hold up under the typical volatility of the crypto market what with the typical user likely being averse to high volatility  Huh

It is going to be a stable coin which is backed to 100% by fiat currencies. Fully centralized system so to say. But very useful probably in daily payments.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 02:01:19 PM

It is going to be a stable coin which is backed to 100% by fiat currencies. Fully centralized system so to say. But very useful probably in daily payments.

Oh is that the case? I thought I read somewhere that it was going to be pegged to different cryptos - must have misread! It's an interesting concept, for sure and I'm excited to see how it will play out. It doesn't seem to have landed with a positive sentiment in the cryptosphere though.
datguyian

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 05:29:43 PM

Oh is that the case? I thought I read somewhere that it was going to be pegged to different cryptos - must have misread! It's an interesting concept, for sure and I'm excited to see how it will play out. It doesn't seem to have landed with a positive sentiment in the cryptosphere though.

If it was backed by various cryptos you would have a hell of volatility, but that wouldn't work for a coin that is supposed to be a medium of exchange.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 09:03:08 AM

If it was backed by various cryptos you would have a hell of volatility, but that wouldn't work for a coin that is supposed to be a medium of exchange.

Here's some clarification for us all (mostly me though haha) -

"Libra is a stablecoin — kind of! ... Unlike most stablecoins, though, Libra isn't pegged to one specific currency. Libra is pegged to a group of “of low-volatility assets, including bank deposits and government securities” in multiple currencies."

Interesting, I wonder if they'll make public what exactly it's pegged to
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 01:35:08 PM

Article - Handling Negative Sentiment in an Online Community

Hey all!

You may or may not have experienced it, but online communities can be a breeding ground for negativity when not properly moderated.

Here's a little article I wrote regarding the topic

At Plutus, we aim to nurture a positive environment, where we can discuss all things Plutus, crypto, and otherwise! If you're interested, don't hesitate to get involved and join us over on our Discord channel  Cheesy
datguyian

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 09:06:05 PM

Here's some clarification for us all (mostly me though haha) -

"Libra is a stablecoin — kind of! ... Unlike most stablecoins, though, Libra isn't pegged to one specific currency. Libra is pegged to a group of “of low-volatility assets, including bank deposits and government securities” in multiple currencies."

Interesting, I wonder if they'll make public what exactly it's pegged to

I thought it is pegged to the USD and exchange rates for other currencies are calculated accordingly.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

(
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2019, 08:15:49 AM

I thought it is pegged to the USD and exchange rates for other currencies are calculated accordingly.

Morning datguyian, - I checked it out to get some clarification. Here's the source I took it from   Cheesy
Decentralites

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 08:11:36 AM

I've been absent from the thread for a little while - July update soon? Beta scheme closure/extension soon??
David_Plutus

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 01:15:51 PM

I've been absent from the thread for a little while - July update soon? Beta scheme closure/extension soon??

Welcome back Decentralites  Cheesy The first update of July will be here by the end of this week and you'll be able to read it right here!

As for the Plutus Pilot Scheme - it's unlikely we'll be extending it to include any additional users as we are very close to the public roll out of Plutus 2.0  Grin
Decentralites

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:19:33 AM

Ok thanks, hopefully today! Looking forward to reading about the BETA
PLUTUSit (OP)

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 11:39:18 AM

Plutus Bi-Monthly Report — Pilot App Rollout (Jul 1/2)

Welcome back to our bi-monthly report, the market has been a rollercoaster over the last fortnight and the team are excited to be a part of the ever-changing industry.

Pinned Announcements

- Access to features is available to team accounts and members of our Pilot Programme.
- The aim of the Pilot is to gather feedback from our community in order to provide an improved platform for the wider audience.
- Our site and a new app will be available to the wider public once the pilot ends, unveiling our new live features.

Development Update

Alpha App Rollout
Having tested the mobile app internally, the team has rolled out the minimum viable product (MVP) to a small sub-group of the Plutus community. Members of our Pilot Programme across both the UK and EU have downloaded the alpha app and they are currently supplying feedback to the tech team for further improvements.

The early responses have been overwhelmingly positive so far and we thank everyone for their continued support. The team are streamlining some transition states when navigating from one feature to another and a ‘change password’ bug, however, the rest of the features have proven robust. There is at least one round of iteration left before we go live publicly.

Current features included:

- Access balance
- Deposit funds to current account
- Transfer funds between accounts
- View transactions
- Edit personal details

Additional features will be rolled out consistently and incrementally until we have delivered a well-rounded and superior crypto finance application.

If you are part of the Pilot Programme and you are yet to download the alpha app, please reach out to our resident Community Manager, David, on Discord for details on how to participate.

Database Migration
The team has completed our transition to a new and improved database management platform which proved a challenging and time-consuming task. As we approach public release, scalability and high availability become a greater priority, and our previous database software did not meet the required standards.

The server move will cut costs by up to 40% and improve logging, metrics, HA, autoscaling, and more. The tech team were able to implement the changeover safely with minimal downtime.

Marketing Update

Received Full Samples
The team has reached an exciting point where physical samples of all our hard work are coming through the post. The team received mock-up cards alongside the complete packaging (card-holder and mailer) and we are pleased with the aesthetic quality.

Stickers
The marketing team has sourced a high-quality and cost-effective sticker manufacturer and created several potential sticker designs. After both an internal and community vote, we have narrowed down the decision to just two designs which we plan to mail to our users alongside the Plutus Debit Cards.

User Acquisition
The team is currently building a detailed customer acquisition plan and then breaking it down into actionable chunks. This contains a heavy load of information including our target audience, key geographical locations, messaging, design, optimal marketing channels, budget allocation, ROI and more.

General Update

Compliance
In order to be compliant with our payment provider, we are implementing a Transaction Monitoring system which allows us to more efficiently screen transactions. We have carefully selected a compliance partner after some cautious considerations, and they will assist in reducing the costs of investigating and reacting to unnecessary alerts through automatic transaction monitoring.

Back Office Admin
We have just completed Phase 1 of our back-office re-design and we are now entering Phase 2 which will support the customer service team in providing helpful responses to our users.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —— — — — — —

Fact: Bitcoin recently hit an all-time high (ATH) of 69 quintillion hashes per second — a figure equal to 10x the number of sand grains on Earth. The hash rate is a measure of the computational power used to secure the network.

Whilst the Bitcoin network itself is incredibly secure, centralised exchanges who pool user assets are often riddled with vulnerabilities. We are integrating a decentralised exchange known as the PlutusDEX into our finance application so users can safely trade their assets without security woes.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —— — — — — —

Join us on Discord and read the full update on our Medium page.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: