Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:17:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell my stocks buy bitcoin...  (Read 13983 times)
Ademen

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 09:46:08 AM

Maybe start with selling a part of the stock portfolio... diversification is the best thing imho...

I do not know why this thread has been created. Selling stocks would be their own wish we could not interrupt on that and buying Bitcoin will be best investment always we can try or let it be.

In general, the bitcoin shall rise faster than the stocks in the next few years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
varusisog

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:15:56 AM

Maybe start with selling a part of the stock portfolio... diversification is the best thing imho...

I do not know why this thread has been created. Selling stocks would be their own wish we could not interrupt on that and buying Bitcoin will be best investment always we can try or let it be.

In general, the bitcoin shall rise faster than the stocks in the next few years.

Maybe even next few decades.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:26:05 AM

Bitcoin has always been more rewarding than stocks, so in that regard, it's nothing new. The difference here is that people trading stocks are okay/happy with like 10-20% profits per year, where here in the Bitcoin world people look at 20% profits like it's nothing. That's why you see a shift in the portfolios from traditional investors. Bitcoin is being seen as a very interesting option that potentially (depends on at what price levels they entered the market) outperforms their entire portfolio without any problems.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:24:29 AM

I wish I could buy some Bitcoin ETF in my IRA and diversify away from stocks. GBTC is not a viable option for me right now, plus it does not yet accurately track BTC prices.
megadeth

Activity: 289
Merit: 252

bagholder since 2013

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 03:43:59 PM

I wish I could buy some Bitcoin ETF in my IRA and diversify away from stocks. GBTC is not a viable option for me right now, plus it does not yet accurately track BTC prices.

Have you looked into XBT Provider? http://xbtprovider.com/
Available via IB for purchase in an IRA.

bagholder since 2013
My sig space is not for sale.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 10:26:24 PM

Reading through old comments on this thread is kind of surreal. Its like a honey pot for agents spreading pro establishment/stocks are good propoganda. Why are people with Cloak avatars so into Stocks Huh Confusing

The answer is yes, sell stocks and buy bitcoin
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 10:28:10 PM

Although I would caution that buying bitcoin exactly now is risky given that normally on a steep rise a steep correction follows.

Sell stocks. Buy the bitcoin dip
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:32:35 PM

Sell everything and buy BTC!
Mirardowyn

Activity: 91

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:04:53 AM

Right now it would be a bad choice because the bitcoin is way too high to buy right now, you can better wait on a lower amount.
Ocytrem

Activity: 80

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:20:44 AM

I also do not think its worth trying right now because of the bitcoin price, you can better try it on a later moment when the price has lowered a bit again.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:15:16 AM

I also do not think its worth trying right now because of the bitcoin price, you can better try it on a later moment when the price has lowered a bit again.

The  range I expect for 2017 is $3000-7000
Buy now while you still can afford a whole bitcoin
unknown04

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Art is the triumph over chaos

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:19:41 AM

I agree with this one. If you missed the chance to buy yesterday's dip, there's still chance to get it now I guess before it gets higher. I've no doubt this is better than stock market. I've earned more than my friend who bought stocks and keep longer than me.
Ademen

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:53:50 PM

I agree with this one. If you missed the chance to buy yesterday's dip, there's still chance to get it now I guess before it gets higher. I've no doubt this is better than stock market. I've earned more than my friend who bought stocks and keep longer than me.

You should buy now if you think the price will rise.
Zaun

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Forza Roma

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:45:43 PM

You did wise my friend. I sold 50% of my portfolio years ago (2014) then steadily went into bitcoin. Now 70% of my investments are into bitcoin, which is alot but I can't regulate that if the price keeps on increasing and increasing.

So, in short stocks are a good second place, together with gold. But Crypto is the future.
Hopefully the big boys @ Wall street will see that too soon.
varusisog

Activity: 123

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:45:20 PM

You did wise my friend. I sold 50% of my portfolio years ago (2014) then steadily went into bitcoin. Now 70% of my investments are into bitcoin, which is alot but I can't regulate that if the price keeps on increasing and increasing.

So, in short stocks are a good second place, together with gold. But Crypto is the future.
Hopefully the big boys @ Wall street will see that too soon.

You must be very rich now.
ontrackk

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:38:27 PM

Yeah as someone had already written. Dont put one egg into one baskets. Bitcoins is a good hedge against stocks and vice versa so you could have both as well as oil or other commodities which could only rise in price as they are so low.

i wouldnt be so quick to invest in oil when the world is turning to electric vehicles ,oil might go sideways for a long time because there is no shortage of it anymore.....

I wouldn't go for oil for a long haul, for certain. The rate at which alternative energy is proliferating is outright astonishing.
to be honest for a long investment i wouldn't go with anything else other than bitcoin bitcoin is the investment option that in the longer run will always bring you some good money, it's supply is always going to be limited thus the price can only grow in a longer run and bring you some good profit.

hahaha, yeah right, the price is not going to reach 2000 dollars not even talking about the higher prices, you might need to wait for a few years to reach such heights.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:40:10 PM

Yeah as someone had already written. Dont put one egg into one baskets. Bitcoins is a good hedge against stocks and vice versa so you could have both as well as oil or other commodities which could only rise in price as they are so low.

i wouldnt be so quick to invest in oil when the world is turning to electric vehicles ,oil might go sideways for a long time because there is no shortage of it anymore.....

I wouldn't go for oil for a long haul, for certain. The rate at which alternative energy is proliferating is outright astonishing.
to be honest for a long investment i wouldn't go with anything else other than bitcoin bitcoin is the investment option that in the longer run will always bring you some good money, it's supply is always going to be limited thus the price can only grow in a longer run and bring you some good profit.

hahaha, yeah right, the price is not going to reach 2000 dollars not even talking about the higher prices, you might need to wait for a few years to reach such heights.
could happen in a few days... you do not understand how bull markets work.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:10:37 AM

could happen in a few days... you do not understand how bull markets work.

Some people have a wealth of no idea but yet they somehow feel entitled to give advice to others on subjects they have no clue about.... Frankly hilarious

Btc is up 40% in a month and that's on the current crippled form without any scaling solutions yet
btc_angela

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:01:56 AM

Well I still have my stocks and I will not sell them up for bitcoin. Bitcoin is a good opportunity for me to diversify my portfolio. But I will not go to extreme to sell my stocks and get bitcoin. I will just have them both in my portfolio, so that I can mitigate risk if something went haywire. Just like others here has mentioned a countless times, don't put all your eggs in one basket.  Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 04:52:40 AM

Well I still have my stocks and I will not sell them up for bitcoin. Bitcoin is a good opportunity for me to diversify my portfolio. But I will not go to extreme to sell my stocks and get bitcoin. I will just have them both in my portfolio, so that I can mitigate risk if something went haywire. Just like others here has mentioned a countless times, don't put all your eggs in one basket.  Smiley

Yes, you should focus on your portfolio distribution. A small amount of Bitcoin can provide upside to your portfolio, without hurting it too much in case of a crash. It is a new, risky asset class and your allocation to Bitcoin should reflect that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: