Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:14:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Total BTC lost at Hashocean.com ponzi?  (Read 4354 times)
clardalan (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Bitcoin amateur learning by doing

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 08:30:27 PM

Hi guys,

Can we somehow get an estimate what order of magnitude BTC is stolen by this ponzi that went down today?
We can collect addresses to add them up? or is there better way to estimate this?

Tip/donate
LTC: Lf44EehvMzoyjnWqbmsxugomAnRzKawXu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 08:39:24 PM

Who called it? I DID!!!!

Just a rough guesstimate, I'd say somewhere from 100-500 btc was lost in this mess. Cloud mining is unprofitable. Anything that isn't is a scam.
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 08:42:52 PM

Who called it? I DID!!!!

Just a rough guesstimate, I'd say somewhere from 100-500 btc was lost in this mess. Cloud mining is unprofitable. Anything that isn't is a scam.

I'm pretty sure everyone with half a brain knew it was a ponzi scam.  But I'd be willing to bet a whole lot more than 500 btc was stolen by hashocean...a lot of idiots signed up & swore their money on it being legit  Tongue
Alepaff

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:19:49 PM

Oh no, it closes?  Sad
Luckily i not invest anything on that page, but i was about to do.

The last record before a change, was: June 26, 2016 4:28:36 GMT.
croqui

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:50:11 PM

oh shit
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:56:57 PM

Hi guys,

Can we somehow get an estimate what order of magnitude BTC is stolen by this ponzi that went down today?
We can collect addresses to add them up? or is there better way to estimate this?

Did someone say hash?

<Back on topic>
Really sorry to see another big scam going down.
Have they made any statement about a "hack"?

janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:04:12 PM

Hi guys,

You posted on wrong section, this topic should be on investor-based games section. And im just know if hashocean down, no idea how many btc their stole ,but i think some people already predicted if this would be happens.
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:17:51 PM

lol,it closed today?any idea how many members got scammed?too bad for all these clueless people who bought their bs about cloud mining and lost their valuable money there,i always try to warn newbies to stay away fom ponzis but people are greedy and they always hunt easy money,anyway i hope they learned their lesson.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:28:52 PM

Just a rough guesstimate, I'd say somewhere from 100-500 btc was lost in this mess.
It was apparently more then that. According to this thread, all the BTC was sent to a single address, and totals just shy of 5,750BTC.
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 4425

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:31:36 PM

Just a rough guesstimate, I'd say somewhere from 100-500 btc was lost in this mess.
It was apparently more then that. According to this thread, all the BTC was sent to a single address, and totals just shy of 5,750BTC.

Couldnt have lost the whole 5750btc cause there had to be some payouts from some address. I havent checked the addy but there are onlyincomming transactions on it?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:39:57 PM

Couldnt have lost the whole 5750btc cause there had to be some payouts from some address. I havent checked the addy but there are onlyincomming transactions on it?

Well, if you assume that address belongs to the person behind Hashocean (I have not looked into it), then 5,750BTC is the amount that the owner stole from it's customers. It appears that someone has sent a number of transactions to merge together inputs that were in other addresses in his wallet into one single input. The person behind hashocean would have received a larger amount of money from his customers and used some of that money in order to pay what they claimed to be mining revenue.

If someone can post their deposit address, then I can take a look and see if that address likely belongs to hashocean or not.
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 01:25:08 AM

Well, if you assume that address belongs to the person behind Hashocean (I have not looked into it), then 5,750BTC is the amount that the owner stole from it's customers. It appears that someone has sent a number of transactions to merge together inputs that were in other addresses in his wallet into one single input. The person behind hashocean would have received a larger amount of money from his customers and used some of that money in order to pay what they claimed to be mining revenue.

If someone can post their deposit address, then I can take a look and see if that address likely belongs to hashocean or not.

https://blockchain.info/address/1E7nZL51JyVd5SfQ2uJqLyyUwRZ852UsS8

^I sent them about .02 coins total, I can only find that one tho
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 01:26:05 AM

You posted on wrong section

Definitely this is right.

This is a very big amount, and not a joke either. I knew it that hashocean is going to run very soon. They did just get the trust of the people
for almost two years and now it happened. Hash ocean is a millionaire now.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 01:35:23 AM

can you sign a message from 1DaGGEUfrvw4UXWwzEy83xFPXro9ksq2Sy or 164RPn74ipRPvwFwGoEDn9Pz7uwAhBRgUt

If you can then I would say there is a good chance that the owner of HashOcean in fact was able to get away with 5,750BTC
FFrankie

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 01:38:39 AM

can you sign a message from 1DaGGEUfrvw4UXWwzEy83xFPXro9ksq2Sy or 164RPn74ipRPvwFwGoEDn9Pz7uwAhBRgUt

If you can then I would say there is a good chance that the owner of HashOcean in fact was able to get away with 5,750BTC

1DaGGEUfrvw4UXWwzEy83xFPXro9ksq2Sy
killyou72 6 26 16 for quickseller
IERYvacu/ZYfLqiSsBJqB98rvCPUICHRIt2ndUJymp2+NBdS4OiXXdYwPzI9TVfC8Ch8u8ygjGhrfL2BEAN7E7k=

164RPn74ipRPvwFwGoEDn9Pz7uwAhBRgUt
i didnt think this was mine killyou72
H4cwTuKM3d1rwlYqNIe6EvsG1QhNr1KkCOF1/tbYDTJMXbRyRIMdzW9/bAAeNXhZ8tLzBMGjXfM/D+qXZeWKmPw=

You think I would lie about sending $6?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 01:44:59 AM

IERYvacu/ZYfLqiSsBJqB98rvCPUICHRIt2ndUJymp2+NBdS4OiXXdYwPzI9TVfC8Ch8u8ygjGhrfL2BEAN7E7k=

H4cwTuKM3d1rwlYqNIe6EvsG1QhNr1KkCOF1/tbYDTJMXbRyRIMdzW9/bAAeNXhZ8tLzBMGjXfM/D+qXZeWKmPw=

no, I don't think you would like about it, however it is always good to get proof before investing any amount of resources in trying to track down a scam.

Did you possibly ever receive any payouts from hashocean? If so, do you have the txid's or at least the payout addresses?

(the signatures verify btw)
Xinarae

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 01:49:08 AM

Yeah, So guys this be learn to you.
You must know this site real cloud mining or not.
Much people just trust cause looking for words at site.
So HO it's are HYIP/PONZI.
I just looking for one clue.
On real cloud mining, it's not ready for link reff.
FFrankie

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 01:54:42 AM

no, I don't think you would like about it, however it is always good to get proof before investing any amount of resources in trying to track down a scam.

Did you possibly ever receive any payouts from hashocean? If so, do you have the txid's or at least the payout addresses?

(the signatures verify btw)

I did not, if I recall correctly I only had 72 K/hs of daily power,, maybe even 57. I remember I was only getting about 23 cents a day from them. I only had a total of .0003 btc in my address on there and you need .0005 to withdrawal

Good point!
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 02:34:36 AM

^^If this guy is telling the truth, and I am not sure that he is, then the person who is behind hashocean was likely laundering his BTC via various DNMs and was using coinjoin transactions to obfuscate both where his BTC came from and where his BTC was being sent to.

For me everything is still OK, i have received a payment today:

date:  05-03-2016  
amount:  0.00518587 BTC
to wallet: 1DKkebi42Jznjo3Wnzfp8qSeKRXZQgj32z
hash:
8a67637595a7f4cf1f62d380d08eeb9ca717cc3d275dae139504ce9a48f842c7
^^the txid that this guy posted however is almost certainly a withdrawal transaction from BTCC.

^^I believe this guy's transaction was also likely from BTCC.

I would say that if you believe the later of the two people I quoted then the owner of Hashocean was depositing his own BTC into BTCC and subsequently paid out his users via a withdrawal from BTCC.

If anyone else can post a txid of a withdrawal of their BTC from hashocean then I can look further into the situation. I will most likely ask you to sign a message from the address you are claiming to receive payment to.
LightPulsar07

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 02:55:09 AM

5750BTC that's a lot of btc good thing that i didn't invest to hashocean and i think it is biggest amount scammed by a ponzi

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: