Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:28:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TES] ϟ The Tesla ϟ Decentralize the Energy System ϟ TeslaStarter  (Read 84518 times)
Rw13enlib88 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:13:48 PM

I've created a reddit thread so we can be there too

Please go there and show some love!!   Smiley Smiley

https://www.reddit.com/r/Teslamovement/

Maybe it's not staking because of my 3 years old coins.  Huh

No matter how old are you coins, they should be staking.  Smiley

I think your ideas and proposals are very good. This is a very important topic for TES future and as always everything has pros and cons.

I don't expect a change of the fundamentals, must most of my suggestions revolved around adhering to the basic concept of the coin. Otherwise, who will be motivated to "mine" the blocks even for a fee?
People will have 2 motivations. The economic one (fees) and personal one (They want to see Tesla's work crowdfunded and completed)

If its PoW then we lose energy efficiency claims.
There is auxPow option which uses the PoW that already exists. Problem there is that we need to have enought economical motivation for pool to include us and mining centralization.

If its PoS then you have to decide who has priority over others.  Shall the richest control the market?
That's PoS about. The ones who have more stake are the most interested in keep the blockchain running.
Other option is the masternodes.

What happens when no one is staking at given time and people want to buy things with Teslacoin?
We expect that doesn't happen

If you don't prioritize in some way then what decides who gets to win the "battle" of the hashes and gets the fee for the block over everyone else?
Shall it be the one who gets it done fastest?  Oh wait, now we're back to PoW. 
See the cycle?
I see. Yes, fee distribution it's a point we need to work on...
The first node to distribute the tx get the fee is an option.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rw13enlib88 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:36:51 PM

You spent a bounty on promoplugs.com two days ago. Why did not send the coins in my wallet, 48 hours have already passed.  My adress is 5VriAH3AVcM2737LZzxfbLV2WjnwPt51AW
Check please.

He had to download the new wallet and sync so it's taking more than expected. Sorry for that.
Guess you'll have your coins in less than 24h. Be patient please
Tara11

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:53:37 PM

Yeah really strange. Syncing without problems. Just not staking. This drives me crazy lol.
lungbubble

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:49:41 PM

There is auxPow option which uses the PoW that already exists. Problem there is that we need to have enought economical motivation for pool to include us and mining centralization.

My concern is that if we move back to regular PoW, will we still be the "energy efficient coin"?  I'm concerned that returning to regular PoW would contradict that.

That's PoS about. The ones who have more stake are the most interested in keep the blockchain running.

What I mean is that if the PoS work ends up being *only* done by those with the most coins, and they get so much priority others literally can't stake, then they become, by default, "masternodes".  I'm not saying it shouldn't exist to some degree, just suggesting an equation that could ensure that it is not programmed into the system that "only" those individuals can stake but that is be programmed in to ensure others can still contribute (especially if the big dogs aren't available at a given moment).

What happens when no one is staking at given time and people want to buy things with Teslacoin?

It has been happening here and there the last couple of weeks, I was merely pointing out, in my prior post, ways to impede and or eliminate that regardless of the fluctuations in the network because, right now, its the algorithms that are allowing these dead times right now; and its not for lack of wallets open, its for lack of available staking coins to use to build blocks.

If you don't prioritize in some way then what decides who gets to win the "battle" of the hashes and gets the fee for the block over everyone else?
See the cycle?

What I mean is it goes back to the PoW (and therefor lack energy efficiency) if we just say whoever does it "first".  Even if we just let the wallet program "handle" this PoW mining it'll still be whomever has the fastest processor the wallet is running on who will get the tx fee, therefor starting a race to have the fastest computer and spend the most electricity to complete the node first.  That's why I was thinking something that pivots off of Proof of Stake, but that is programmed not to only allow those who have the most coins to be the only ones to perform proof of stake either.  Any big dogs who suddenly send their coins to another wallet or sell them would cause a huge drop in the efficiency of the network if others couldn't pitch in at that time.
lungbubble

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:52:56 PM

Make sure your wallet is unlocked otherwise they won't stake.

If you recently moved your coins from one address to another, that might also do it.  Or maybe you're wallet is behind on the blockchain and needs to download the rest of the chain first.  These are all options.  Or...they may have already staked recently and you didn't notice.
Tara11

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:37:48 AM

If you recently moved your coins from one address to another, that might also do it.  Or maybe you're wallet is behind on the blockchain and needs to download the rest of the chain first.  These are all options.  Or...they may have already staked recently and you didn't notice.

Wallet is unlocked. Current block is 1294928. Looks like only thing I can do is wait patiently. Do you think it has something to do with old wallet.dat? I'm still using my 3 years old dat file. Maybe I should send all coins to newly generated address in teslacoin wallet.
lungbubble

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:44:08 PM

Wallet is unlocked. Current block is 1294928. Looks like only thing I can do is wait patiently. Do you think it has something to do with old wallet.dat? I'm still using my 3 years old dat file. Maybe I should send all coins to newly generated address in teslacoin wallet.

Funny story, was about to find the pull down menu and option in the wallet, and it stalled for literally around 30 minutes just because I was trying to click the help pull-down menu 8(

Anyway.  Maybe it's your wallet.dat file but there's a solution; go to the command window (help > debug window) and type "repairwallet".  It will sit there for a while.  That could help.  I wouldn't send the coins elsewhere unless a dev says to, otherwise you will lose your staking value that's been building up and that'll mean you'll have to wait another month to take advantage of it AND that's not supposed to happen anyhow.  When was the last time, per your transactions, that your wallet staked (approximately, like a few days, weeks etc).
Tara11

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:56:38 PM

Funny story, was about to find the pull down menu and option in the wallet, and it stalled for literally around 30 minutes just because I was trying to click the help pull-down menu 8(

Anyway.  Maybe it's your wallet.dat file but there's a solution; go to the command window (help > debug window) and type "repairwallet".  It will sit there for a while.  That could help.  I wouldn't send the coins elsewhere unless a dev says to, otherwise you will lose your staking value that's been building up and that'll mean you'll have to wait another month to take advantage of it AND that's not supposed to happen anyhow.  When was the last time, per your transactions, that your wallet staked (approximately, like a few days, weeks etc).

Last time wallet staked August 3rd.
Tara11

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:04:09 PM

You spent a bounty on promoplugs.com two days ago. Why did not send the coins in my wallet, 48 hours have already passed.  My adress is 5VriAH3AVcM2737LZzxfbLV2WjnwPt51AW
Check please.

He had to download the new wallet and sync so it's taking more than expected. Sorry for that.
Guess you'll have your coins in less than 24h. Be patient please

Nothing...
and i can't see my adress 5VriAH3AVcM2737LZzxfbLV2WjnwPt51AW in block explorer... is this coin live?
Huh

Is it cryptopia address?
lungbubble

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:59:33 AM

Maybe it's not staking because of my 3 years old coins.  Huh

If you recently moved your coins from one address to another, that might also do it.  Or maybe you're wallet is behind on the blockchain and needs to download the rest of the chain first.  These are all options.  Or...they may have already staked recently and you didn't notice.

Each set of coins only stakes once a month.  You could have many different sets of coins that stake differently so it could be spread out too.  But, sans that, you got nearly a month to go before it stakes again.
Tara11

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:48:29 AM

Maybe it's not staking because of my 3 years old coins.  Huh

If you recently moved your coins from one address to another, that might also do it.  Or maybe you're wallet is behind on the blockchain and needs to download the rest of the chain first.  These are all options.  Or...they may have already staked recently and you didn't notice.

Each set of coins only stakes once a month.  You could have many different sets of coins that stake differently so it could be spread out too.  But, sans that, you got nearly a month to go before it stakes again.

Yeah seems like it. I sent 1 TES to novaexchange and it showed up instantly. It means wallet working fine. I just need to wait. Thanks for your help.  Smiley
Woodman

Activity: 1495
Merit: 374

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:02:31 PM

Hi to all users of a cool coin Tesla!
I want to ask - I received coins on August 10. Now I do not need to touch them for a month and they bring a profit to me on 10 September?
How much will I receive coins for 100 coins per month? 1%?
And is it necessary to keep the wallet online or does the maturing of coins not depend on it?
I apologize for many questions Roll Eyes
Tara11

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:14:09 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 04:32:39 AM by Tara11

I want to ask - I received coins on August 10. Now I do not need to touch them for a month and they bring a profit to me on 10 September?
And is it necessary to keep the wallet online or does the maturing of coins not depend on it?

Hi, it would be great to hold your coins for a while. Crypto surge is just starting so next 5 - 10 years will bring huge opportunities. I think current stake rate is 12% yearly. But if it's mined out soon there will be no to very minimal stake me thinks. Your wallet should be online and unlocked. You can't stake if it's locked.

Edit: Good news my wallet staking again.  Smiley
DKexer

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:55:36 PM

Hello, I would like to invest heavily in this project, but what's up with the wallet? I downloaded 32bit version (64 doesn't work) and used the last bootstrap, it synced correctly so I sent 40k TES as a test but they never arrive. My adress is 5pP1wnVpsukyWax68kbWJAhaszKxyzgcJL and the transaction number is 680fb05e3934cd4af6d8d21a4d1141938988cdd04fd43eb90dbf45a21b559707f45a21b559707 but in the block explorer nothing appears. Does that mean I lost them?

You're tx will be included. Don't worry.

I still haven't received any coins since the 4th of August, but it's fine I'll be patient.
Tara11

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:24:43 PM

Hello, I would like to invest heavily in this project, but what's up with the wallet? I downloaded 32bit version (64 doesn't work) and used the last bootstrap, it synced correctly so I sent 40k TES as a test but they never arrive. My adress is 5pP1wnVpsukyWax68kbWJAhaszKxyzgcJL and the transaction number is 680fb05e3934cd4af6d8d21a4d1141938988cdd04fd43eb90dbf45a21b559707f45a21b559707 but in the block explorer nothing appears. Does that mean I lost them?

I still haven't received any coins since the 4th of August, but it's fine I'll be patient.

It will show up soon. Last time I sent someone to TES and it took 5 days to complete the transaction. But finally transferred successfully.
Rw13enlib88 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 12:12:40 AM

Hi, it would be great to hold your coins for a while. Crypto surge is just starting so next 5 - 10 years will bring huge opportunities. I think current stake rate is 12% yearly. But if it's mined out soon there will be no to very minimal stake me thinks. Your wallet should be online and unlocked. You can't stake if it's locked.

Edit: Good news my wallet staking again.  Smiley

Great to read your wallet is staking again Smiley

well, your tx is the slowest tx I've ever seen in TES history. Where did you sent it from? Hope is not yobit...

My concern is that if we move back to regular PoW, will we still be the "energy efficient coin"?  I'm concerned that returning to regular PoW would contradict that.

I see your point. From marketing perspective it won't help to Tesla's green name.
But the point is that it would be more energy efficient than even PoS. We would be using the energy it's already been used.

What I mean is that if the PoS work ends up being *only* done by those with the most coins, and they get so much priority others literally can't stake, then they become, by default, "masternodes".  I'm not saying it shouldn't exist to some degree, just suggesting an equation that could ensure that it is not programmed into the system that "only" those individuals can stake but that is be programmed in to ensure others can still contribute (especially if the big dogs aren't available at a given moment).

The biggest concern is to keep blockchain running 24/7.
Not that important who provides nodes/staking, because from an economic perspective it won't be too profitable. (fees are not that high, and until we can achieve the critical mass adoption, there won't be too many tx).
Indeed the most probable situation will be the ones supporting the network loosing money (Having a 24/7 active raspberry is not expensive (1$/month), I'll have some of them).
So from an economic point of view, anyone who loves and supports this proyect, will be able to "stake". (we still have pending who takes the fees, but it wont be that important)

It has been happening here and there the last couple of weeks, I was merely pointing out, in my prior post, ways to impede and or eliminate that regardless of the fluctuations in the network because, right now, its the algorithms that are allowing these dead times right now; and its not for lack of wallets open, its for lack of available staking coins to use to build blocks.
See the cycle?

What I mean is it goes back to the PoW (and therefor lack energy efficiency) if we just say whoever does it "first".  Even if we just let the wallet program "handle" this PoW mining it'll still be whomever has the fastest processor the wallet is running on who will get the tx fee, therefor starting a race to have the fastest computer and spend the most electricity to complete the node first.  That's why I was thinking something that pivots off of Proof of Stake, but that is programmed not to only allow those who have the most coins to be the only ones to perform proof of stake either.  Any big dogs who suddenly send their coins to another wallet or sell them would cause a huge drop in the efficiency of the network if others couldn't pitch in at that time.

Now I see what you mean.
Having PoW ruins the "energy efficient" image of TES
Having PoS means you have to have a very high % of the total supply "staking" to have an stable network. (let's say 90%, so if any big dog sends his coins (10%), it's still 80% of the coins staking)
Did I get it right?
DKexer

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:42:24 PM

well, your tx is the slowest tx I've ever seen in TES history. Where did you sent it from? Hope is not yobit...

Cryptopia

https://gyazo.com/bf2d43a5abbfe752b48bf12dd103e7d7

I'm on block 1295825 currently on my wallet.
lungbubble

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:52:12 AM

Now I see what you mean.
Having PoW ruins the "energy efficient" image of TES
Having PoS means you have to have a very high % of the total supply "staking" to have an stable network. (let's say 90%, so if any big dog sends his coins (10%), it's still 80% of the coins staking)
Did I get it right?

Yes.  I'm just throwing out various ideas and "thinking out loud" about this.  Frankly, I'm concluding that regardless of the issues I have raised, PoS may make it the best option (or some variation therefrom).  Doesn't require a lot of computing power (especially versus PoW) and allows the network to run.  Are there times where there might be hiccups?  Yes.  But that's always a reality of coins, perhaps it is, for most situations, irrelevant in this discussion, I'm not sure.

Energy efficiency, again, if I have to "mine" with a 1kwh ASIC miner (being more efficient than any normal computer with a wallet or mining program) just to have a chance to get the block with the minimal fees, that's, in the higher range of various areas, like $.40 an hour, $9.20 a day, or $276 a month.  As you put it, letting a raspberry pi do the work associated with PoS is substantially cheaper (at $1 a month). A raspberry pi would be incapable of doing the PoW as people would compete and provide more and more powerful computers to try and complete the PoW faster than the next person to get the transaction fees.  So with the raspberry pi we really would need PoS or some variation based upon PoS.
Tara11

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:04:00 AM

Cryptopia

Looks like your blocks are really left behind. Please use this conf file to sync your wallet. My block is 1297196.

https://ufile.io/4e7jc
DKexer

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:10:39 PM

Cryptopia

Looks like your blocks are really left behind. Please use this conf file to sync your wallet. My block is 1297196.

https://ufile.io/4e7jc
Don't worry man I'm fully synced, the problem is neither the tx nor the address appears on the block explorer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: